PDA

View Full Version : How does one engage the ignore feature on this new forum?

Rune
03-20-2011, 11:24 AM
How does one engage the ignore feature on this new forum?

Damocles
03-20-2011, 11:31 AM
In your settings. The Comprehensive Ignore System unfortunately did not migrate. Later I'll install a dropdown in the postbit, but at this moment you have to go and manually add it in your user Control Panel.

Minister of Truth
03-20-2011, 02:17 PM
LOLZ, Dune just created a thread to teach everyone how to put him back on ignore!! :D

Lowaicue
03-21-2011, 10:19 PM
In your settings. The Comprehensive Ignore System unfortunately did not migrate. Later I'll install a dropdown in the postbit, but at this moment you have to go and manually add it in your user Control Panel.

Can you help?
I just added some more garbage to my blog BUT I must have clicked the damn thing to post and not preview. Now I have two identical bits of garbage - as if one isn't enough.
How can I delete one of them, I seem to remember there was a delete function before the changes .. or am I wrong?

Damocles
03-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Can you help?
I just added some more garbage to my blog BUT I must have clicked the damn thing to post and not preview. Now I have two identical bits of garbage - as if one isn't enough.
How can I delete one of them, I seem to remember there was a delete function before the changes .. or am I wrong?

Let me go find it. You should be able to delete your own blogs...

Damocles
03-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Can you help?

Okay. If you go to the top near the title a pencil image will appear. Click on that image. One of the options will be to delete the blog post. Checkmark that, put in a reason if you want (you don't have to) and delete it.

Lowaicue
03-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Okay. If you go to the top near the title a pencil image will appear. Click on that image. One of the options will be to delete the blog post. Checkmark that, put in a reason if you want (you don't have to) and delete it.

Thank you very much. As we speak I am hot footing it to the site.

Lowaicue
03-22-2011, 12:08 AM

It says I do not have pernission. Permission??? from a freakin' machine???

Minister of Truth
03-22-2011, 12:38 AM
Nice mess you've created here, Damo... How do I navigate back to my Thanked posts after I've clicked the automatic alert feature?

Damocles
03-22-2011, 01:19 AM
Nice mess you've created here, Damo... How do I navigate back to my Thanked posts after I've clicked the automatic alert feature?

I'm going to have to add a link to it in the user cp. I'll do it tomorrow though. I'm tired.

I've been trying to upgrade the stupid thanks/groans hack and it is taking too damned long.

Ugh.

Damocles
03-22-2011, 01:20 AM

Everybody should have permission to delete their own blog. I was able to delete it using my Buddha login I use for testing how users see the site.

Damocles
03-22-2011, 01:24 AM

Once you click the edit symbol, click advanced. Use the options at the top. I'm going to have to report that to the vbulletin team...

Bah. I hate this upgrade. Too danged buggy.

Damocles
03-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Okay. The easiest way to add somebody to your ignore list is to visit their profile page, there I was able to add a "add to ignore list" link that for some reason doesn't appear in the dropdown on the postbit.