PDA

View Full Version : Dixie's Signature

AnyOldIron
08-08-2006, 06:54 AM
"Your brain is too small to distinguish between Israelis and Jews."
Gonzojornals explains how to conceal your anti-Semitic views.

Are you trying to claim that Israel equates to Judaism?

Then you are anti-semitic, Dixie. Using your logic, your criticism of the actions of the governments of Syria and Iran equates to criticism of Islam, a semitic religion.

How's the cheerleading for Israeli terrorism going, btw?

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Syria and Iran were not established as states for the persecuted Muslim peoples of the world. Yes, Israel is a Jewish state, always has been, always will be... it's why they have the Star of Freakin' David on the flag! To be so disingenuous as to try and claim Israel has nothing to do with Jewish religion, is pure anti-Semitism disguised as intellectualism.

The Arab world hates Israel because they are JEWS!
Hezbollah hates Israel because they are JEWS!
Terrorists blow themselves up in Israel because they are JEWS!
Muslims hate Israel because they are JEWS!
You hate Israel because they are JEWS!

You can parse things, explain things, make excuses for yourself, or deny outright facts of life, like Israel being a Jewish state, it doesn't hide your anti-Semitic viewpoint, or make it any more tolerable.

maineman
08-08-2006, 07:14 AM
I say again...Israel is a Jewish state, but in terms of ethnicity, not in terms of religion or faith. The vast majority of Israelis do not practice judaism.

LadyT
08-08-2006, 08:16 AM
I was listening to CSPAN this morning and some people commented on this issue. One caller in particular struck me. He was saying that the african american community has basically sold out "the Jews" on this issue and that hte black community in general is becoming "anti-semetic". I really don't see it that way at all. There is definitely a propensity in the community to sympathize with those that are being oppressed and in this case I think most can agree that most of the victims are the Lebanese civilians who have lost homes, jobs, and have to rebuild their infrastructure once again. I do find it interesting that people are being labeled anti-semetic for verbally opposing Israels actions the same manner we were labeled "anti-American" bush's missteps in Iraq.

AnyOldIron
08-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Syria and Iran were not established as states for the persecuted Muslim peoples of the world. Yes, Israel is a Jewish state, always has been, always will be... it's why they have the Star of Freakin' David on the flag! To be so disingenuous as to try and claim Israel has nothing to do with Jewish religion, is pure anti-Semitism disguised as intellectualism.

Wrong. The State of Israel is a secular state, with a secular Declaration of the Establishment. It has a majority Jewish population. The State of Israel is a STATE. It is not a theocracy. It's actions cannot be excused no matter what simply because the majority of the people there are Jewish, any more than someone can excuse Arab terrorism on the basis that Arabs are predominantly Muslim.

Your claims about various groups hating Israel have nothing to do with the Jewish religion itself, but with the creation of the State of Israel on Arab land.

I don't hate Israel and neither does the world.

We are merely willing to simply apply the same criteria we do for Israel that we do for other states.

It is simply rhetoric to attempt to hide Israeli terrorism behind accusations of anti-semitism and is as irrational as someone attempting to hide Hizbollah terrorism behind accusations of anti-semitism.

You are merely discriminating in the terrorism you support and using this irrational excuse to justify your support for terrorism.

Jarod
08-08-2006, 08:28 AM
The issue with Isreal and the Middle East is that Isreal is a Jewish state!

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-08-2006, 08:34 AM
I was listening to CSPAN this morning and some people commented on this issue. One caller in particular struck me. He was saying that the african american community has basically sold out "the Jews" on this issue and that hte black community in general is becoming "anti-semetic". I really don't see it that way at all. There is definitely a propensity in the community to sympathize with those that are being oppressed and in this case I think most can agree that most of the victims are the Lebanese civilians who have lost homes, jobs, and have to rebuild their infrastructure once again. I do find it interesting that people are being labeled anti-semetic for verbally opposing Israels actions the same manner we were labeled "anti-American" bush's missteps in Iraq.

The Jewish community has much in common with the black community, from a persecutory standpoint, they are very similar. Let's say that after the Civil War, we established Mississippi as a 'black state', a 'homeland' for the persecuted black people in the region... and a few decades later, we have people denouncing Mississippi while claiming it has nothing to do with Mississippi being a 'black state' it's just the actions of the state that are being protested. Certainly that argument could be made, and perhaps even validated to some extent, but would the perception not be a clear prejudice toward the black community?

Why is it, people are so opposed to Israel? They are a democracy, they don't send their children into markets to blow up Muslims, they only retaliate when they are attacked, they've repeatedly given up land and made concessions for peace, yet have never known peace. The truth is, people oppose them for the same reason some people oppose blacks, they are bigoted, prejudiced, and anti-Semitic. The fact that they can cleverly hide behind the sophistry, doesn't detract from the facts of the matter here, Hitler never once stated that he hated Jews.

AnyOldIron
08-08-2006, 08:36 AM

It has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with the occupation of land.

Jarod
08-08-2006, 08:37 AM
They are a theoracy.

AnyOldIron
08-08-2006, 08:38 AM
And even if Israel weren't nominally secular, your logic is still shot, Dixie.

Even if a state were a religious state, that doesn't excuse it if it uses terrorism.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-08-2006, 08:39 AM
Wrong. The State of Israel is a secular state, with a secular Declaration of the Establishment. It has a majority Jewish population. The State of Israel is a STATE. It is not a theocracy.

I have never claimed it was a theocracy. You are the one who tried to claim Israel wasn't a state, but a political entity. Israel IS a state, a Jewish state, established in 1948 for the Jewish people.

Jarod
08-08-2006, 08:40 AM

It has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with the occupation of land.

If Isreal were a muslm nation, you really belive the rest of the middle east would have such a problem with them?

LadyT
08-08-2006, 08:40 AM
The truth is, people oppose them for the same reason some people oppose blacks, they are bigoted, prejudiced, and anti-Semitic. The fact that they can cleverly hide behind the sophistry, doesn't detract from the facts of the matter here, Hitler never once stated that he hated Jews.

What?! By that token, I hate myself, my family and all of my other fellow Americans because I've stated opposition to the Iraq war. You're EQUATING dissent with racism.

OrnotBitwise
08-08-2006, 08:58 AM
If Isreal were a muslm nation, you really belive the rest of the middle east would have such a problem with them?
No, but the Palestinian Arabs displaced from their homes for the creation of said state almost certainly would. As would Jordan, most likely. Who knows? Not all "Muslim nations" -- however that's defined -- are the same. Indonesia is vastly different from Saudi Arabia, for example. More to the point, Syria is vastly different from Jordan or Sudan or Egypt.

It would depend on what kind of Muslim nation we're talking about. Sure as shit they wouldn't get along with all other Muslim nations, any more than all "Christian" nations get along with one another.

The religious distinctions in that region serve as an excuse for violence as much as a cause. More than as a cause, frankly. The real differences are cultural and historical.

OrnotBitwise
08-08-2006, 09:00 AM
What?! By that token, I hate myself, my family and all of my other fellow Americans because I've stated opposition to the Iraq war. You're EQUATING dissent with racism.
I think he may be using the same pharmacist as Brent these days.

AnyOldIron
08-08-2006, 09:01 AM
I have never claimed it was a theocracy. You are the one who tried to claim Israel wasn't a state, but a political entity. Israel IS a state, a Jewish state, established in 1948 for the Jewish people.

A state is a political entity, you numpty. It wasn't founded as a Jewish state, but as a secular state.

But this is irrelevant.

Why does the majority religion of a state's population mean that the state is immune from criticism?

Hiding Israeli actions behind accusations of anti-semitism is merely an excuse to justify terrorism.

AnyOldIron
08-08-2006, 09:05 AM

Arab armies fought against the Ottoman occupation at the turn of the century.....and they were Muslim....

LadyT
08-08-2006, 09:07 AM
I think he may be using the same pharmacist as Brent these days.

:cig: who knows what they are smoking

OrnotBitwise
08-08-2006, 09:45 AM

Arab armies fought against the Ottoman occupation at the turn of the century.....and they were Muslim....

Excellent point. Even today the Arab League finds itself paralyzed by the competing interests and traditional hostilities among its members. If it didn't have a common enemy-of-convenience in Israel it would probably disintegrate into chaos.

AnyOldIron
08-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Excellent point. Even today the Arab League finds itself paralyzed by the competing interests and traditional hostilities among its members. If it didn't have a common enemy-of-convenience in Israel it would probably disintegrate into chaos.

The notion of Islam as a unified entity is as daft as the notion of Christianity as a unified entity.

Cypress
08-08-2006, 09:58 AM

Iran is a muslim nation, and they have been enemies of the arabs for thousands of years. One of the twentieth centuries bloodiest wars, was fought between arabs and persians just a couple decades ago. And arabs continue to fear the Persian "threat".

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-08-2006, 11:51 AM
A state is a political entity, you numpty. It wasn't founded as a Jewish state, but as a secular state.

No, a "state" is not a "political entity" at all, it's a "state." The DNC and RNC are political entity, alQaeda and Hezbollah are "political entities" (who are also terrorists groups), the ACLU and NAACP are "political entities", Al Gore is even a "political entity"... Israel is an independent democratic nation, and Jewish state. It was established in 1948, expressly for the Jewish people, as their rightful homeland. The hatred, bitterness and disdain for the Israeli people has nothing to do with the intensity of their retaliations for being attacked, and everything to do with them being Jews!

You either think people are stupid enough to believe you, or you've brainwashed yourself into believing that Israel represents anything other than Judaism to anyone who is sane and objective about it. Jews are not only a religious group, they are also an ethnic group, and their homeland is Israel. They have been persecuted since the days of Christ, and they will always be persecuted, namely because people like you will find ways to conceal your persecution behind sophistry of a more 'enlightened intellectualism' and denial of basic fact.

Your support for Israel comes down to one important question: Do you think Israel has the right to exist? Yes or No? If you say that you think they have the right to exist, you can't refuse to support them fighting to exist. If you feel otherwise, I would say that is a pretty accurate definition of anti-Semitism.

maineman
08-08-2006, 12:00 PM
all states are political entities, all political entities are not states.

LadyT
08-08-2006, 12:04 PM
They have been persecuted since the days of Christ, and they will always be persecuted, namely because people like you will find ways to conceal your persecution behind sophistry of a more 'enlightened intellectualism' and denial of basic fact.

Are you trying to be obtuse or does it come naturally. So then, when we brits and american's voice opposition the actions of our respective countries in Iraq, would you say we are "persecuting" American's and Brits? Are we being "racist" for a lack of a better word against our own countries? ............Or is there the slightest possibility that people can be critical of the actions these states have taken without regard to the ethnic or religious make up of its inhabitants?

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-08-2006, 12:10 PM
Are you trying to be obtuse or does it come naturally. So then, when we brits and american's voice opposition the actions of our respective countries in Iraq, would you say we are "persecuting" American's and Brits? Are we being "racist" for a lack of a better word against our own countries? ............Or is there the slightest possibility that people can be critical of the actions these states have taken without regard to the ethnic or religious make up of its inhabitants?

Israel, and the plight of the Jewish people, has nothing to do with American Foreign Policy disputes at a time of war. They are two completely different issues and you can't apply the same standard of logic to both. Jews are the focus of hate, bigotry, and prejudice in the Middle East, much like blacks in the 19th and 20th century. I happen to believe in standing up for the persecuted, my ancestors were persecuted, and I think racist or anti-Semitic viewpoints are wrong across the board, I can't 'intellectualize' myself into believing it's okay to persecute Israel and claim I'm not an anti-Semite.

OrnotBitwise
08-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Israel, and the plight of the Jewish people, has nothing to do with American Foreign Policy disputes at a time of war. They are two completely different issues and you can't apply the same standard of logic to both. Jews are the focus of hate, bigotry, and prejudice in the Middle East, much like blacks in the 19th and 20th century. I happen to believe in standing up for the persecuted, my ancestors were persecuted, and I think racist or anti-Semitic viewpoints are wrong across the board, I can't 'intellectualize' myself into believing it's okay to persecute Israel and claim I'm not an anti-Semite.
By that reasoning, however, we should be on the side of the Palestinian Arabs. The Israelis are by far the stronger party in that confrontation.

gonzojournals
08-08-2006, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=Dixie;5052]

Why is it, people are so opposed to Israel? They are a democracy, they don't send their children into markets to blow up MuslimsQUOTE]

Name one child who has been a suicide bomber....Muslim suicide bombers are adults capable of making the decision.

maineman
08-08-2006, 01:00 PM
good point gonzo!

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-08-2006, 01:45 PM
By that reasoning, however, we should be on the side of the Palestinian Arabs. The Israelis are by far the stronger party in that confrontation.

Well, we HAVE been on the side of the Palestinians, that's what the "two state solution" was all about. The problem is, the Palestinians do not believe Israel has a right to exist, and nothing we can do will appease that.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Name one child who has been a suicide bomber....Muslim suicide bombers are adults capable of making the decision.

I would argue, they are SOMEONE'S children! I don't see the old fart leaders blowing themselves up, I see young confused and troubled Muslim youth, who have been brainwashed by the adults. But listen to yourself... you are justifying the acts of a terrorist! ...suicide bombers have every right as adults to make that choice... This is an unacceptable viewpoint, no one has the right to commit terrorism on innocent people, in a civilized society. That's what this whole deal is about!

NOVA
08-08-2006, 02:24 PM

Wrong. The State of Israel is a secular state, with a secular Declaration of the Establishment. It has a majority Jewish population. The State of Israel is a STATE. It is not a theocracy. It's actions cannot be excused no matter what simply because the majority of the people there are Jewish, any more than someone can excuse Arab terrorism on the basis that Arabs are predominantly Muslim.

Your claims about various groups hating Israel have nothing to do with the Jewish religion itself, but with the creation of the State of Israel on Arab land.

I don't hate Israel and neither does the world.

We are merely willing to simply apply the same criteria we do for Israel that we do for other states.

It is simply rhetoric to attempt to hide Israeli terrorism behind accusations of anti-semitism and is as irrational as someone attempting to hide Hizbollah terrorism behind accusations of anti-semitism.

You are merely discriminating in the terrorism you support and using this irrational excuse to justify your support for terrorism.

the creation of the State of Israel on Arab land ?

Israel now occupies the ancient site of Judea....

OrnotBitwise
08-08-2006, 02:27 PM
the creation of the State of Israel on Arab land ?

Israel now occupies the ancient site of Judea....
But there were a lot of Arabs living on it at the time Israel was established. According to the law of the time, many of them were legal land owners. Those titles were set aside.

Strangely, the Arabs weren't happy about that. I wonder why?

;)

FUCK THE POLICE
08-08-2006, 05:14 PM

The Arab world hates Israel because they are JEWS!
Hezbollah hates Israel because they are JEWS!
Terrorists blow themselves up in Israel because they are JEWS!
Muslims hate Israel because they are JEWS!
You hate Israel because they are JEWS!

You can parse things, explain things, make excuses for yourself, or deny outright facts of life, like Israel being a Jewish state, it doesn't hide your anti-Semitic viewpoint, or make it any more tolerable.

Israel wasn't established because Jews were persecuted. Israel was established because 90% of the area was already Jewish because of Zionism and the Jews were commiting terrorist acts because they wanted an independent states.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Israel wasn't established because Jews were persecuted. Israel was established because 90% of the area was already Jewish because of Zionism and the Jews were commiting terrorist acts because they wanted an independent states.

LMAO... yeah, that was probably why Hitler was exterminating them. Tell me now, which rabbi's were calling for the annihilation of Islam and a Jewish Caliphate across the middle east? Tell me, when the Jews issued religious edicts calling on Jews around the world to kill the Muslim infidels?

You people keep wanting to make some moral equivalency between a terror organization and a democratic nation, and it's intellectually dishonest. Israel is not an aggressor, and never has committed acts of terror.

tinfoil
08-08-2006, 07:30 PM
But dixie, it's so easy (and fun i might add) to blame JEWS

maineman
08-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Israel is not an aggressor, and never has committed acts of terror.

two words: Deir Yassin

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-08-2006, 08:12 PM
But there were a lot of Arabs living on it at the time Israel was established. According to the law of the time, many of them were legal land owners. Those titles were set aside.

Strangely, the Arabs weren't happy about that. I wonder why?

;)

I don't know why... it's kind of like they were Americans living on sacred Cherokee Holy Ground... Shouldn't the Sons and Daughters of Judea be allowed to go home? The Arabs you say were "legal land owners" were not the legitimate heirs to the land and not entitled to claim ownership of it.

After the emancipation of the slaves, plantation owners in the south had land taken from them and dispersed among the former slaves, are you saying they shouldn't have been given this land? Do you think plantation owners were happy about it? Do you think that some of them put sheets on their heads and had cross-burning parties because they didn't mind giving up their culture and society? See, I realize why Arabs hate Jews, I understand why they want them annihilated and eradicated, I just wonder if YOU do.

BRUTALITOPS
08-08-2006, 08:50 PM
And even if Israel weren't nominally secular, your logic is still shot, Dixie.

Even if a state were a religious state, that doesn't excuse it if it uses terrorism.

Just by your demeanor in constantly debating this issue I notice what I believe to be repressed hatred for the state of israel. I don't usually say these things lightly...

You focus on israel much more than you focus on the palestinians, and your constant use of the word terrorism with regards to israeli actions I think also speaks some volumes. I know you also oppose our iraq war but I haven't seen you call our actions terrorism, or at least, not to the degree that you use it against israel.

I think you're biased as much as the next person, perhaps more so.

gonzojournals
08-09-2006, 12:02 AM
I don't know why... it's kind of like they were Americans living on sacred Cherokee Holy Ground... Shouldn't the Sons and Daughters of Judea be allowed to go home? The Arabs you say were "legal land owners" were not the legitimate heirs to the land and not entitled to claim ownership of it.

After the emancipation of the slaves, plantation owners in the south had land taken from them and dispersed among the former slaves, are you saying they shouldn't have been given this land? Do you think plantation owners were happy about it? Do you think that some of them put sheets on their heads and had cross-burning parties because they didn't mind giving up their culture and society? See, I realize why Arabs hate Jews, I understand why they want them annihilated and eradicated, I just wonder if YOU do.
After two thousand + years of being owned by many different nations, how can you claim it was their right? Especially since the only historical evidence of their struggle is from the religious text written by them.

Let's see you give up your home to some Cherokee.

AnyOldIron
08-09-2006, 01:58 AM
all states are political entities, all political entities are not states.

This is a point lost on someone like Dixie in his desperation to hide Israeli terrorism behind accusations that any criticism is criticism of the Jewish religion.

Israel is a political entity, established as a secular state. Because it has a majority Jewish population has no bearing on the matter. Egypt has a majority Muslim population but criticism of the actions of the Egyptian government doesn't equate to anti-Islam. The US has a majority Christian population but that doesn't mean criticism of the US government is anti-christian.

By Dixie's twisted logic, Israel is the only country above criticism, the only state that isn't responsible for its actions.

Yesterday, Dixie, the IDF targeted a funeral party in Lebanon.

I hope you enjoy apologising for terrorism, Dixie.

AnyOldIron
08-09-2006, 02:01 AM
See, I realize why Arabs hate Jews, I understand why they want them annihilated and eradicated, I just wonder if YOU do.

You have no idea, Dixie. Israel is disliked because it was created through terrorism on Arab land and because it has oppressed the Arab population since.

You seem to believe that this is acceptable because of the actions of the Nazis in WWII.

By your fucked up, terrorism-loving perspective, any previously oppressed people have the right to oppress in return. The Vikings oppressed Eastern England. Does that give us the right to oppress modern Sweden or Denmark?

You are one sick individual, Dixie.....

gonzojournals
08-09-2006, 02:33 AM
Maybe Dixie was a Nazi--- he must speak a foreign language, as he didn't even spell my screen name correctly in his signature.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-09-2006, 06:09 AM
This is a point lost on someone like Dixie in his desperation to hide Israeli terrorism behind accusations that any criticism is criticism of the Jewish religion.

I've asked repeatedly, please tell us the last time a Jew blew themselves up to kill innocent Muslims? Which Rabbi's are calling for Jews around the world to kill Muslims wherever they can? Where are the synagogues full of weapons? What is the name of the last Muslim beheaded in the name of Christ on video for his loved ones to see? The last Jewish car bombing? Where was the last Muslim market targeted by a Jewish suicide bomber? What Rabbi is perverting the words of The Bible, to make all this acceptable?

I think, before you can claim Israel is a terror group, you must answer these questions, you must make a case for your position, and if you can't, then you can't, and Israel isn't the terror group you claim it to be.

Israel is a political entity, established as a secular state. Because it has a majority Jewish population has no bearing on the matter. Egypt has a majority Muslim population but criticism of the actions of the Egyptian government doesn't equate to anti-Islam. The US has a majority Christian population but that doesn't mean criticism of the US government is anti-christian.

Israel was established as a homeland for the Jews. Anyone with any level of education, fully understands this. Anyone who recognizes the Star of David, understands it represents the Jewish religion. Israeli's are not the perpetual targets of terrorism in the middle east because they have big noses! Anyone with any level of honesty and basic intelligence, clearly understands why Israel is the target of terror.

By Dixie's twisted logic, Israel is the only country above criticism, the only state that isn't responsible for its actions.

No, by Dixies logic, any country that is attacked by terrorists, has every right to unleash whatever they have on the terrorists, and I have no qualms about it.

Yesterday, Dixie, the IDF targeted a funeral party in Lebanon.

Good! I hope they killed all the relatives of the terrorist that was being buried! It cuts down on the "revenge factor" if you go ahead and kill off the families as well, particularly before they get their Martyr Checks from Iran and buy suicide bombs or IED's.

AnyOldIron
08-09-2006, 06:37 AM
please tell us the last time a Jew blew themselves up to kill innocent Muslims?

You seem to be under the deluded impression that suicide bombing is the only method of terrorism?

Suicide tactics are used out of desperation. When your terrorism is financed and supplied by a superpower, you can target civilians far more effectively using warplanes and artillery.

Where are the synagogues full of weapons?

The US supplies Israeli weapons directly. Again, you are assuming terrorism only comes in the form committed by Muslim terrorists.

Terrorism is the targeting of civilians with the aim of inducing political change through terror.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER YOU USE SUICIDE BOMBINGS OR BOMB FROM THE SKIES.

I think, before you can claim Israel is a terror group, you must answer these questions, you must make a case for your position, and if you can't, then you can't, and Israel isn't the terror group you claim it to be.

And you need to understand what terrorism is. You concentrate on the methods used by poorly financed groups such as Hamas and ignore terrorism when it is financed by yourself.

That is because you support terrorism.

Israel was established as a homeland for the Jews. Anyone with any level of education, fully understands this.

Israel was founded as a secular state. It was formed by a with a secular Declaration of the Establishment.

But what would you know? You demonstrate on a daily basis your ignorance.

It was formed as the result of Israeli terrorism (learn some history).

Israel is the target of terrorism because it is a state formed on Arab land, through the use of terrorism and because they have oppressed the indiginous population ever since....

No, by Dixies logic, any country that is attacked by terrorists, has every right to unleash whatever they have on the terrorists, and I have no qualms about it.

Because a state has been attacked by terrorist that doesn't give it the right to terrorise back, to target civilians.

When the IRA attacked British civilians in NI, the BA didn't target civilians in Dublin. Only terrorist groups do that.

You, Dixie, are a terrorist apologist.

Good! I hope they killed all the relatives of the terrorist that was being buried! It cuts down on the "revenge factor" if you go ahead and kill off the families as well, particularly before they get their Martyr Checks from Iran and buy suicide bombs or IED's.

It was a civilian funeral for people killed in Israeli bombings, you sick fuck.

You are nothing but a terrorist sympathiser.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-09-2006, 06:55 AM
Terrorism is the targeting of civilians with the aim of inducing political change through terror.

Yeah, and you've not shown where Israel has done this, so your point is not made. You continue to insist on making your invalid point as if it were some proven fact, and you've not given one example or explained how you came to your idiotic conclusion. You hide behind rhetoric, talk in platitudes, and keep claiming that I am supporting terror, without any basis whatsoever.

Israel is the target of terrorism because it is a state formed on Arab land

False. Israel was formed on Jewish land.

It was a civilian funeral for people killed in Israeli bombings, you sick fuck.

See, it's another stark difference between Israeli's and terrorists, Israeli forces wear uniforms and are easily distinguishable from civilians, Hezbo terrorists don't, they look just like regular civilians. This works out nicely for them to get idiots like you to believe innocent civilians are being killed.

This is who I blame for the "innocent" deaths...
1. Hezbollah... they attacked Israel first.
2. Lebanon... for sticking their head in the sand like you, and letting Hezbo take over.
3. The UN... for not enforcing UNR1559, which called for the disarming of Hezbollah.
4. Iran and Syria... for continued state sponsorship of the terror.
5. The Muslim faith... for not condemning the terror acts of Hezbollah.

I don't blame Israel for defending themselves!

maineman
08-09-2006, 07:54 AM
and it is easy for Dixie to believe that all the women and children killed by the Israeli aerial bombardment of, say, the Christian neighborhoods of east Beirut weren't really Christian women and children, but actually fierce Hezbollah terrorists hiding in Christian neighborhoods and dressing up like Christian women and children....

I notice Dixie doesn't talk much anymore about the beacon of freedom and pluralistic democracy blossoming like wildflowers after a spring rain all across Iraq. I wonder why that is?

LadyT
08-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Just by your demeanor in constantly debating this issue I notice what I believe to be repressed hatred for the state of israel. I don't usually say these things lightly...

You focus on israel much more than you focus on the palestinians, and your constant use of the word terrorism with regards to israeli actions I think also speaks some volumes. I know you also oppose our iraq war but I haven't seen you call our actions terrorism, or at least, not to the degree that you use it against israel.

I think you're biased as much as the next person, perhaps more so.

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/heraldleader/news/world/15222294.htm

I'd consider that an act of terror by US soldiers.

gonzojournals
08-09-2006, 03:25 PM
[B]

I've asked repeatedly, please tell us the last time a Jew blew themselves up to kill innocent Muslims? Which Rabbi's are calling for Jews around the world to kill Muslims wherever they can? Where are the synagogues full of weapons? What is the name of the last Muslim beheaded in the name of Christ on video for his loved ones to see? The last Jewish car bombing? Where was the last Muslim market targeted by a Jewish suicide bomber? What Rabbi is perverting the words of The Bible, to make all this acceptable?

Why would Jews kill in the name of Christ in the first place?

The Jews don't blow themselves up, but they do use bombs, do use weapons, and do kill people. Are we arguing that one way of killing people is worse than another?

And, I was not defending terrorism, I was simply stating that you were inflating the facts by claiming that Muslim children are suicide bombers.

OrnotBitwise
08-09-2006, 03:28 PM

The Jews don't blow themselves up, but they do use bombs, do use weapons, and do kill people. Are we arguing that one way of killing people is worse than another?

And, I was not defending terrorism, I was simply stating that you were inflating the facts by claiming that Muslim children are suicide bombers.
I don't know about this. Sounds suspicious. My son-in-law has a bomb sniffing dog -- it's true: he's a canine unit cop -- and I may ask him to check out that "Jews For Jesus" van over in the Inner Richmond . . . .

gonzojournals
08-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Yeah, and you've not shown where Israel has done this, so your point is not made. You continue to insist on making your invalid point as if it were some proven fact, and you've not given one example or explained how you came to your idiotic conclusion. You hide behind rhetoric, talk in platitudes, and keep claiming that I am supporting terror, without any basis whatsoever.
Um....dude, they attacked a civilian funeral, cut off the power to a civilian population, blew up a bus full of civilian workers, etc....

How was it Jewish land? Because the Bible says so? So does that mean I can write a book that says that "God" told me that America belonged to me, and thus rule America?

See, it's another stark difference between Israeli's and terrorists, Israeli forces wear uniforms and are easily distinguishable from civilians, Hezbo terrorists don't, they look just like regular civilians. This works out nicely for them to get idiots like you to believe innocent civilians are being killed.
That's because Israeli terrorists have US money to buy uniforms.

Wrong....Israel invaded Lebanon during the Lenbanese civil war during the '70s, taking advantage of the country being unable to defend itself and in the process acquiring 40 km of additional Israeli "lebensraum".
2. Lebanon... for sticking their head in the sand like you, and letting Hezbo take over.
If a bunch of terrorists invaded my country during a weak moment in our history, I would help out whomever was fighting them, too.
3. The UN... for not enforcing UNR1559, which called for the disarming of Hezbollah.
Why don't you blame the US for blocking over 80 reprimands and disciplinary action against the state of Israel since 1948, or every single US veto in the UN since 1986, all of which have been to stop the UN from taking action against Israel.
The United States for continued state sponsorship of whomever is benefiting them at the present, which leads to such problems as Israel and the Taliban.
Muslim leaders have gone on record countless times to condemn actions of terrorists. Where are the US condemnations against Israel?

gonzojournals
08-09-2006, 03:36 PM
I don't know about this. Sounds suspicious. My son-in-law has a bomb sniffing dog -- it's true: he's a canine unit cop -- and I may ask him to check out that "Jews For Jesus" van over in the Inner Richmond . . . .

I guess Dixie is referring to the dreaded Messianic Jews.

OrnotBitwise
08-09-2006, 03:39 PM
I guess Dixie is referring to the dreaded Messianic Jews.
Or the even more dreaded Judean People's Front Crack Suicide Squad.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-09-2006, 03:40 PM

Apparently, you are too inept to understand what terrorism is, or anything related to the radical Islamic enemy currently terrorizing the free world. Yes, we are indeed arguing that one way of killing people is worse than another, terrorism of innocent citizens is not acceptable in a civilized world. You seem to want to lump terrorist tactics by terror organizations in with legitimate defense and security actions taken by legitimate militaries of legitimate nations. They are two completely different things.

And YES, Muslim children as young as 12 years old, have been rigged with explosive belts and sent into markets to detonate and kill Jews. These radicals believe they are doing their children a service by martyring them for Allah. I understand it's difficult for your liberal do-good brain to wrap itself around something so profoundly evil in your fellow man, but it's the truth, and you people need to wake up to it. We can't appease ourselves out of this, we can't "feel good" our way to a solution, there is not enough money, land, nuclear materials, or weapons in the world, we could give them to make them stop, they want us all dead.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Um....dude, they attacked a civilian funeral, cut off the power to a civilian population, blew up a bus full of civilian workers, etc....

How was it Jewish land? Because the Bible says so? So does that mean I can write a book that says that "God" told me that America belonged to me, and thus rule America?

Wrong....Israel invaded Lebanon during the Lenbanese civil war during the '70s, taking advantage of the country being unable to defend itself and in the process acquiring 40 km of additional Israeli "lebensraum".
If a bunch of terrorists invaded my country during a weak moment in our history, I would help out whomever was fighting them, too.
Why don't you blame the US for blocking over 80 reprimands and disciplinary action against the state of Israel since 1948, or every single US veto in the UN since 1986, all of which have been to stop the UN from taking action against Israel.
The United States for continued state sponsorship of whomever is benefiting them at the present, which leads to such problems as Israel and the Taliban.
Muslim leaders have gone on record countless times to condemn actions of terrorists. Where are the US condemnations against Israel?

And you really don't feel your viewpoint is "supporting terrorism?"

AMAZING!

OrnotBitwise
08-09-2006, 03:53 PM
And you really don't feel your viewpoint is "supporting terrorism?"

AMAZING!
In fact, it is not. How do you think he's "supporting terrorism?"

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-09-2006, 03:54 PM

....As reported by media sources who have been compromised by Hezbollah propaganda.

How was it Jewish land? Because the Bible says so?

No, because HISTORY says so, dufuss!

Poor Hezbo's? Geeeee.... they couldn't have used some of the $100 billion they got from Iran and Syria to buy uniforms?

Wrong....Israel invaded Lebanon during the Lenbanese civil war during the '70s

I think the parties involved have signed a few peace treaties since then, and despite Israel withdrawing from Lebanon, giving up land in the Gaza, uprooting communities in the West Bank, and exhibiting enormous patience with continued suicide bombings, there is still no peace.

Bullshit! You are doing everything in your power to undermine our own fight against terrorists, let alone helping someone else! You don't give a rats ass about Afghans or Iraqi's fighting terrorists, you don't want us to have any part of it!

For the rest of your diatribe, save it for your Skinhead Anti-Jew Convention! I'm sick of listening to you.

maineman
08-09-2006, 03:54 PM
Dixie likes things in black and white.....

well... if the truth be known, he likes things in white.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-09-2006, 03:56 PM
In fact, it is not. How do you think he's "supporting terrorism?"

Well, because he is, idiot! Read what is posted! It's pretty damn clear who he supports and who he is opposed to!

OrnotBitwise
08-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Well, because he is, idiot! Read what is posted! It's pretty damn clear who he supports and who he is opposed to!
You think that anyone who critiques Israeli policy is "supporting terrorism?" That's all he's done, you know.

You seem to think that ALL international media have been "compromised" by Hezbollah propoganda. That's conspiracy theorist's material that is. Besides, all he's saying is that he doesn't disbelieve the reports we're seeing on television and in the newspapers. This means he's supporting terrorism? I think not.

You seem to want to deny that Arab landowners were displaced when Israel was founded. I'm afraid you're just plain wrong there: it's a matter of historical fact.

In short, all he's saying is that there are rationally understandable reasons why the Palestinian and Lebanese Muslims might hate Israel, and that the hands of the state of Israel aren't exactly surgery scrub clean when it comes to wanton killing of civilians.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-09-2006, 04:10 PM
So, you are an anti-Semite too? Is that what you're saying?

maineman
08-09-2006, 04:15 PM
"No, because HISTORY says so, dufuss!"

History shows that we violated treaty after treaty with indigenous peoples here in what is now America.... should we give all that land back? The Old Testament is replete with stories of the Jews winning and losing their lands... they lost a lot of wars.... the diaspora happened.... they were, for all intents and purposes, gone from Palestine for nearly a millenium. Romans, Byzantines, Ottomans... Europeans... lots of folks have "owned" that land throughout "history" Don't you think that the folks living there when Moses' crowd finally got there from their wanderings in the Sinai have just as valid a claim to the land as Jews? WHy do you arbitrarily say that Jews somehow have a primary claim and all those before and after do not?

I think the parties involved have signed a few peace treaties since then, and despite Israel withdrawing from Lebanon, giving up land in the Gaza, uprooting communities in the West Bank, and exhibiting enormous patience with continued suicide bombings, there is still no peace.

Israel and Lebanon have NEVER signed a peace treaty unless you count the abortive May 17th, 1983 agreement signed by Gemayel, the christian figurehead of a Lebanon totally occupied by the Syrian and Israeli armies as a "peace treaty" It is the only one.

Bullshit! You are doing everything in your power to undermine our own fight against terrorists, let alone helping someone else! You don't give a rats ass about Afghans or Iraqi's fighting terrorists, you don't want us to have any part of it!

Iraqis aren't fighting terrorists, they are fighting each other. Same with Afghanis

For the rest of your diatribe, save it for your Skinhead Anti-Jew Convention! I'm sick of listening to you.

I want you to know, Dixie...that you won't find a bigger supporter of Israel than me.... but I reserve the right to be critical of Israel when I feel they have made errors. Bombing lebanese civilians - especially when they do so in predominantly Christian east Beirut or the Christian enclaves north of the city - is, I strongly believe, a very bad move for them if they want to stay out of a regional conflict that spreads and radicalizes all of their neighbors.

BRUTALITOPS
08-09-2006, 04:17 PM
http://www.kentucky.com/mld/heraldleader/news/world/15222294.htm

I'd consider that an act of terror by US soldiers.

that's not what I was saying. I was making note of how he often seems enthusiastically to use the word terrorism in discussing israeli actions.

OrnotBitwise
08-09-2006, 04:43 PM
So, you are an anti-Semite too? Is that what you're saying?
No, I'm not. I'm saying that the Israeli government is not always right in everything they do. Like right now, for example.

I'm also saying that it's foolish to think that Hezbollah has a lot of support in Lebanon just because most Lebanese hate Jews. That does seem to be what you're saying. Why else would they support Hezbollah if Israel hadn't injured them in some way?

Cancel7
08-09-2006, 05:30 PM

I agree with you Tiana. I know that my sympathy was given to the children I saw in pictures, some unfortuntely, dead, and others, terrified looking. I cried.

Sadly, they're Lebanese. If they were Israel children, I would cry for them too. I do cry for any who have been harmed in this. It has nothing to do with bigotry of any kind, unless there is such a thing as bigotry against the kind of adult monsters who would visit death and terror on little children and call it "justified."

LadyT
08-09-2006, 06:57 PM
I agree with you Tiana. I know that my sympathy was given to the children I saw in pictures, some unfortuntely, dead, and others, terrified looking. I cried.

Sadly, they're Lebanese. If they were Israel children, I would cry for them too. I do cry for any who have been harmed in this. It has nothing to do with bigotry of any kind, unless there is such a thing as bigotry against the kind of adult monsters who would visit death and terror on little children and call it "justified."

I think the travesty in all of this is that labeling of anti-semetism has deflected from the serious issue at hand: innocent people are dying - They have nothing to do with hezbollah, many had no interest in destroying Israel, many were progressives, unfortunately that has changed which will undoubtedly worsen the situation over there. Israel made a big mistake following our footsteps in trying to handle the war on terror.

LadyT
08-09-2006, 06:58 PM
that's not what I was saying. I was making note of how he often seems enthusiastically to use the word terrorism in discussing israeli actions.

That doesn't imply anti-semetism. He's basing his assertion on their current actions: they are destroying the land and the people.

gonzojournals
08-09-2006, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE=Dixie;5594] Yes, we are indeed arguing that one way of killing people is worse than another, terrorism of innocent citizens is not acceptable in a civilized world.
QUOTE]

A) Show me a source for the child suicide bombers

B) In a single Israeli air strike, more civilians can be killed than a year's worth of suicide bombers.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-09-2006, 08:16 PM
No, I'm not. I'm saying that the Israeli government is not always right in everything they do. Like right now, for example.

I'm also saying that it's foolish to think that Hezbollah has a lot of support in Lebanon just because most Lebanese hate Jews. That does seem to be what you're saying. Why else would they support Hezbollah if Israel hadn't injured them in some way?

Israel is not right to defend itself against people who want to annihilate them? Because that is what they are doing, whether you want to admit it or not. Hezbollah has no intentions of allowing Israel to live in peace, these people want to run every Jew into the Mediterranean Sea, not only do they want to, they have taken a vow to their God to do it! Where you just kinda have a mild disdain for Jews, these people genuinely hate them. They are hiding behind the Lebanese people, who were stupid like you and thought they could be friends with them and everything would be okay.

gonzojournals
08-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Israel is not right to defend itself against people who want to annihilate them? Because that is what they are doing, whether you want to admit it or not. Hezbollah has no intentions of allowing Israel to live in peace, these people want to run every Jew into the Mediterranean Sea, not only do they want to, they have taken a vow to their God to do it! Where you just kinda have a mild disdain for Jews, these people genuinely hate them. They are hiding behind the Lebanese people, who were stupid like you and thought they could be friends with them and everything would be okay.

Most of the planet wants to destroy America....does that mean we are justified in bombing the shit out of their civilian populations?

Beefy
08-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Dixie, everyone has a right to "defend" themselves. Every entity on the planet has that right. Stop throwing that around as if folks are arguing that Israel doesn't have that right. The key word here is "defend". Try not to get all huffy and bothered. Try to remain calm, and think about the word "defend". Then relate that to what we are talking about. When this happens, you should have some sort of epiphany, but you won't because this really isn't about Israel defending itself to you, nor is it about justice or reality. It is about your preconcived notions, based on biblical scripts, Sean Hannity, and Rush Limbaugh. It would be really interesting to hear what you would say if you were capable of thinking for yourself.

maineman
08-09-2006, 08:23 PM
It's about Dixie wanting to talk about anything other than the quagmire in Iraq...the slanderous piece of shit

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-09-2006, 08:29 PM
[QUOTE=Dixie;5594] Yes, we are indeed arguing that one way of killing people is worse than another, terrorism of innocent citizens is not acceptable in a civilized world.
QUOTE]

A) Show me a source for the child suicide bombers

B) In a single Israeli air strike, more civilians can be killed than a year's worth of suicide bombers.

A- I don't do links, it's happened!

B- It doesn't matter, terrorism is not the same as military action, we've already been through this.

We are in a fundamental war of civilization with radical Islamics who believe we should be following the strict law of Mohammed, behaving as if we live in the 5th century. They want to destroy Israel, wipe them off the face of the planet. Even if we sacrificed Israel, they would be in Europe next, and in your back yard after that. You are still busy pontificating with your intellectual pinhead friends, about the broader aspects of enlightened thought... speculating as to how you might go about changing things for the better... through understanding and pontificating... feeling the love... feeling the pain... You are a fucking idiot! Get your head out of your ass, and understand, these people want to KILL us! This is not a reality show, and it's not a video game, it is the way of life we take for granted daily which is at stake.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Dixie, everyone has a right to "defend" themselves. Every entity on the planet has that right. Stop throwing that around as if folks are arguing that Israel doesn't have that right. The key word here is "defend". Try not to get all huffy and bothered. Try to remain calm, and think about the word "defend". Then relate that to what we are talking about. When this happens, you should have some sort of epiphany, but you won't because this really isn't about Israel defending itself to you, nor is it about justice or reality. It is about your preconcived notions, based on biblical scripts, Sean Hannity, and Rush Limbaugh. It would be really interesting to hear what you would say if you were capable of thinking for yourself.

I know what the fuck I said, fat ass! I don't need you to tell me! Yes, everyone has the right to defend themselves, particularly when the enemy wants you obliterated from the human population entirely. The Israeli's gave "diplomacy" every chance, the gave up land, they moved neighborhoods... don't you remember when all the people had to leave their homes? Roadmap to Peace, they were told... just give up this and that, and you will have peace, Israel...

Was there peace? Yes or No? Do you honestly and intelligently think, Israel can barter peace with people who are bound by their religion to eradicate them? Yet, you will sit here arguing they should do just that. I suppose you figure it will give the nutbag in Tehran time to build a nuke and do the job right, huh?

gonzojournals
08-09-2006, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE=gonzojournals;5648]

B- It doesn't matter, terrorism is not the same as military action, we've already been through this.

Dixie's statement about civilian deaths. So it isn't terrorism if they are using airplanes to kill innocents?

Beefy
08-09-2006, 09:09 PM
I know what the fuck I said, fat ass! I don't need you to tell me! Yes, everyone has the right to defend themselves, particularly when the enemy wants you obliterated from the human population entirely. The Israeli's gave "diplomacy" every chance, the gave up land, they moved neighborhoods... don't you remember when all the people had to leave their homes? Roadmap to Peace, they were told... just give up this and that, and you will have peace, Israel...

Was there peace? Yes or No? Do you honestly and intelligently think, Israel can barter peace with people who are bound by their religion to eradicate them? Yet, you will sit here arguing they should do just that. I suppose you figure it will give the nutbag in Tehran time to build a nuke and do the job right, huh?

The enemy is relatively powerless Dixie. You feign appreciation for the power of Israel's enemies. They are essentially limited to the type of strikes we have seen fo 50 years. And frankly, I think Israel will crush them, I'd be a fool to think otherwise. And ultimately, that's fine with me. But it is our weapons, our money, and our support that gives Israel its power.

Israel is plenty strong now. They can fight their own wars. They are fighting against a very limited power. Israel is not in danger of being annihalated, and you know that damned well clear. They have some wars to fight and they are in the best possible position to wage them. They can crush whoever they please, and they do.

The wars in that part of the world are ongoing for dual reasons. It is a never ending debacle that has no roots nor relevance with our country, until we make it that way.

You want other countries wars to be our own, and that's your perogative. I don't.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-09-2006, 10:03 PM
Israel is plenty strong now. They can fight their own wars.

We're not debating anyone else fighting the war, are we?

gonzojournals
08-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Israel is plenty strong now. They can fight their own wars.

We're not debating anyone else fighting the war, are we?

He means our taxes shouldn't go to the Israelis.

Beefy
08-10-2006, 12:17 AM
He means our taxes shouldn't go to the Israelis.

In any form, whether its money, weapons, or rhetoric.

Lets be honest here.

AnyOldIron
08-10-2006, 01:54 AM
Israel is not an aggressor, and never has committed acts of terror.

You are either ignorant (which is my guess, given your posting history) or a liar.

Israel was created through terrorism (see King David Hotel bombings, Urgun, Stern gang etc) and has since targeted civilians with the aim of creating political change (terrorism).

You simply turn a blind eye to terrorism.

AnyOldIron
08-10-2006, 01:59 AM
....As reported by media sources who have been compromised by Hezbollah propaganda.

Any report of Israeli terrorism and Dixie states it is 'Hizbollah propoganda'.

As I said, Dixie turns a blind eye to terrorism. He is a terrorism cheerleader.

No, because HISTORY says so, dufuss!

Ignorant fuck.

Even in biblical claims the land was gained by conquering. The ancient nation of Israel was simply a few century long occupation by a nomadic tribe.

Israel's only claim is that 'god gave it to them'.

gonzojournals
08-10-2006, 02:32 AM
In any form, whether its money, weapons, or rhetoric.

Lets be honest here.

Oh, I completely agree...I was just trying to get Dixie to stop twisting words.

AnyOldIron
08-10-2006, 06:23 AM
I was just trying to get Dixie to stop twisting words.

Good luck with that... Dixie is quite happy to defend Israel targeting civilians by accusing any criticism as being anti-semitic or anti-Jewish.

The guy is a terrorist apologist, the equivilent of Abu Hamza....