PDA

View Full Version : John F Kennedy's greatest accomplishment!

hotdog
02-12-2011, 07:45 PM
John F Kennedy's greatest accomplishment was destroying Khrushchev. Kennedy saw Khrushchev's economic plan and realised america had no chance against the Soviet Union. He realised that Khrushchev was going to bury us. Kennedy formulated a plan. He gave the CIA a lot of money to bribe people throughout the USSR as well as to ensure that money went to new leadership that had no idea how to run a country. Kennedy also formulated a plan to embarrass Khrushchev and to trigger a regime change. Kennedy invested a fortune and sent his top CIA agents to carry out the mission. Under know circustances could anyone in the USSR ever find out that they were being used by america. Kennedy decided to make leanoid Brezhnev the next soviet leader. The CIA had to accomplish this without Brezhnev being aware of what was going on. Brezhnev was a useful ediot and had no understanding of economics. Kennedy's plan succeeded and the Soviet Union not only didn't bury us it economically callapsed.

Bfgrn
02-13-2011, 12:36 AM
John F Kennedy's greatest accomplishment was destroying Khrushchev. Kennedy saw Khrushchev's economic plan and realised america had no chance against the Soviet Union. He realised that Khrushchev was going to bury us. Kennedy formulated a plan. He gave the CIA a lot of money to bribe people throughout the USSR as well as to ensure that money went to new leadership that had no idea how to run a country. Kennedy also formulated a plan to embarrass Khrushchev and to trigger a regime change. Kennedy invested a fortune and sent his top CIA agents to carry out the mission. Under know circustances could anyone in the USSR ever find out that they were being used by america. Kennedy decided to make leanoid Brezhnev the next soviet leader. The CIA had to accomplish this without Brezhnev being aware of what was going on. Brezhnev was a useful ediot and had no understanding of economics. Kennedy's plan succeeded and the Soviet Union not only didn't bury us it economically callapsed.

Do you have a source for this fairy tale? John F. Kennedy was extremely confident that our economic system was superior to communism.

Kennedy preferred to compete ideologically and economically with the communist system than engage with the enemy militarily. He was supremely confident that the advantages of the capitalist system would ultimately prevail, as long as a nuclear catastrophe could be avoided. In the final months of his Administration, J.F.K. even opened a secret peace channel to Castro, led by U.N. diplomat William Attwood. "He would have recognized Cuba," Milt Ebbins, a Hollywood crony of J.F.K.'s, says today. "He told me that if we recognize Cuba, they'll buy our refrigerators and toasters, and they'll end up kicking Castro out."

Kennedy often said he wanted his epitaph to be "He kept the peace." Even Khrushchev and Castro, Kennedy's toughest foreign adversaries, came to appreciate J.F.K.'s commitment to that goal. The roly-poly Soviet leader, clowning and growling, had thrown the young President off his game when they met at the Vienna summit in 1961. But after weathering storms like the Cuban missile crisis, the two leaders had settled into a mutually respectful quest for dιtente. When Khrushchev got the news from Dallas in November 1963, he broke down and sobbed in the Kremlin, unable to perform his duties for days. Despite his youth, Kennedy was a "real statesman," Khrushchev later wrote in his memoir, after he was pushed from power less than a year following J.F.K.'s death. If Kennedy had lived, he wrote, the two men could have brought peace to the world.

Castro too had come to see J.F.K. as an agent of change, despite their long and bitter jousting, declaring that Kennedy had the potential to become "the greatest President" in U.S. history. Tellingly, the Cuban leader never blamed the Kennedys for the numerous assassination attempts on him. Years later, when Bobby Kennedy's widow Ethel made a trip to Havana, she assured Castro that "Jack and Bobby had nothing to do with the plots to kill you." The tall, graying leader—who had survived so long in part because of his network of informers in the U.S.—looked down at her and said, "I know."

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/0,28757,1635958,00.html

JFK's greatest accomplishment was a U.S. and Soviet Union agreement on the Limited Test Ban Treaty.

Unconditional war can no longer lead to unconditional victory. It can no longer serve to settle disputes...can no longer be of concern to great powers alone.
John F. Kennedy

NOVA
02-15-2011, 04:47 PM
The Wisdom of John F. Kennedy....the last great Democrat

"It is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high and tax revenues are too low and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now ... Cutting taxes now is not to incur a budget deficit, but to achieve the more prosperous, expanding economy which can bring a budget surplus."
– John F. Kennedy, Nov. 20, 1962, president's news conference
------------------------------------------------------
"Lower rates of taxation will stimulate economic activity and so raise the levels of personal and corporate income as to yield within a few years an increased – not a reduced – flow of revenues to the federal government."

– John F. Kennedy, Jan. 17, 1963, annual budget message to the Congress, fiscal year 1964
"In today's economy, fiscal prudence and responsibility call for tax reduction even if it temporarily enlarges the federal deficit – why reducing taxes is the best way open to us to increase revenues."

– John F. Kennedy, Jan. 21, 1963, annual message to the Congress: "The Economic Report Of The President"
"It is no contradiction – the most important single thing we can do to stimulate investment in today's economy is to raise consumption by major reduction of individual income tax rates."

– John F. Kennedy, Jan. 21, 1963, annual message to the Congress: "The Economic Report Of The President"
-----------------------------------------------------
"Our tax system still siphons out of the private economy too large a share of personal and business purchasing power and reduces the incentive for risk, investment and effort – thereby aborting our recoveries and stifling our national growth rate."

– John F. Kennedy, Jan. 24, 1963, message to Congress on tax reduction and reform, House Doc. 43, 88th Congress, 1st Session.
"A tax cut means higher family income and higher business profits and a balanced federal budget. Every taxpayer and his family will have more money left over after taxes for a new car, a new home, new conveniences, education and investment. Every businessman can keep a higher percentage of his profits in his cash register or put it to work expanding or improving his business, and as the national income grows, the federal government will ultimately end up with more revenues."

– John F. Kennedy, Sept. 18, 1963, radio and television address to the nation on tax-reduction bill
Read more: John F. Kennedy on taxes http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39517#ixzz1E4QRhtEW

Bfgrn
02-15-2011, 06:14 PM
The Wisdom of John F. Kennedy....the last great Democrat

"It is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high and tax revenues are too low and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now ... Cutting taxes now is not to incur a budget deficit, but to achieve the more prosperous, expanding economy which can bring a budget surplus."
"Lower rates of taxation will stimulate economic activity and so raise the levels of personal and corporate income as to yield within a few years an increased – not a reduced – flow of revenues to the federal government."

– John F. Kennedy, Jan. 17, 1963, annual budget message to the Congress, fiscal year 1964
"In today's economy, fiscal prudence and responsibility call for tax reduction even if it temporarily enlarges the federal deficit – why reducing taxes is the best way open to us to increase revenues."

"It is no contradiction – the most important single thing we can do to stimulate investment in today's economy is to raise consumption by major reduction of individual income tax rates."

"Our tax system still siphons out of the private economy too large a share of personal and business purchasing power and reduces the incentive for risk, investment and effort – thereby aborting our recoveries and stifling our national growth rate."

– John F. Kennedy, Jan. 24, 1963, message to Congress on tax reduction and reform, House Doc. 43, 88th Congress, 1st Session.
"A tax cut means higher family income and higher business profits and a balanced federal budget. Every taxpayer and his family will have more money left over after taxes for a new car, a new home, new conveniences, education and investment. Every businessman can keep a higher percentage of his profits in his cash register or put it to work expanding or improving his business, and as the national income grows, the federal government will ultimately end up with more revenues."

– John F. Kennedy, Sept. 18, 1963, radio and television address to the nation on tax-reduction bill
Read more: John F. Kennedy on taxes http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39517#ixzz1E4QRhtEW

Is the danger of drowning the same if the pool is full as when it is empty?

The Federal income tax is one of those subjects about which we talk, about which we complain, but about which not very much is done. Perhaps we have heard too long about the certainty of "death and taxes." Perhaps other national and international issues now seem more pressing. Yet, the fact is that the high wartime and postwar tax rates we are now paying are no longer necessary. They are, in fact, harmful. These high rates do not leave enough money in private hands to keep this country's economy growing and healthy. They have helped to cause recessions in previous years, including 1958 and 1960, and unless they are reduced, they can cause recessions again.

John F. Kennedy, Sept. 18, 1963, radio and television address to the nation on tax-reduction bill

DamnYankee
02-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Do you have a source for this fairy tale? John F. Kennedy was extremely confident that our economic system was superior to communism.

Then why do you support modern liberalism? :confused:

Bfgrn
02-16-2011, 03:54 AM
Then why do you support modern liberalism? :confused:

Here's your problem. I don't support YOUR right wing definition of modern liberalism. I support Jack Kennedy's.

Address of John F. Kennedy upon Accepting the Liberal Party Nomination for President

New York, New York, September 14, 1960

What do our opponents mean when they apply to us the label, "Liberal"? If by "Liberal" they mean, as they want people to believe, someone who is soft in his policies abroad, who is against local government, and who is unconcerned with the taxpayer's dollar, then the record of this party and its members demonstrate that we are not that kind of "Liberal." But, if by a "Liberal," they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people - their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties - someone who believes that we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say that I'm a "Liberal."

But first, I would like to say what I understand the word, "Liberal," to mean and explain in the process why I consider myself to be a "Liberal," and what it means in the presidential election of 1960.

In short, having set forth my views - I hope for all time - 2 nights ago in Houston, on the proper relationship between church and state, I want to take this opportunity to set forth my views on the proper relationship between the state and the citizen.

This is my political credo:

I believe in human dignity as the source of national purpose, in human liberty as the source of national action, and the human heart as the source of national compassion, and in the human mind as the source of our invention and our ideas. It is, I believe, this faith in our fellow citizens as individuals and as people that lies at the heart of the liberal faith, for liberalism is not so much a party creed or a set of fixed platform promises as it is an attitude of mind and heart, a faith in man's ability through the experiences of his reason and judgment to increase for himself and his fellow men the amount of Justice and freedom and brotherhood which all human life deserves.

I believe also in the United States of America, in the promise that it contains and has contained throughout our history of producing a society so abundant and creative and so free and responsible that it cannot only fulfill the aspirations of its citizens, but serve equally well as a beacon for all mankind. I do not believe in a super state. I see no magic to tax dollars which are sent to Washington and then returned. I abhor the waste and incompetence of large-scale Federal bureaucracies in this administration, as well as in others. I do not favor state compulsion when voluntary individual effort can do the job and do it well. But I believe in a government which acts, which exercises its full powers and its full responsibilities. Government is an art and a precious obligation; and when it has a job to do, I believe it should do it. And this requires not only great ends but that we propose concrete means of achieving them.

Our responsibility is not discharged by an announcement of virtuous ends. Our responsibility is to achieve these objectives with social invention, with political skill, and executive vigor. I believe for these reasons, that liberalism is our best and our only hope in the world today. For the liberal society is a free society, and it is at the same time and for that reason a strong society. Its strength is drawn from the will of free people committed to great ends and peacefully striving to meet them. Only liberalism, in short, can repair our national power, restore our national purpose, and liberate our national energies. And the only basic issue in the 1960 presidential campaign is whether our Government will fall in a conservative rut and die there, or whether we will move ahead in the liberal spirit of daring, of breaking new ground, of doing in our generation what Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Roosevelt and Harry Truman and Adlai Stevenson did in their time of influence and responsibility.

Our liberalism has its roots in our diverse origins. Most of us are descended from that segment of the American population which was once called an immigrant minority. Today, along with our children and grandchildren, we do not feel minor. We feel proud of our origins and we are not second to any group in our sense of national purpose. For many years New York represented the new frontier to all those who came from the ends of the earth to find new opportunity and new freedom, generations of men and women who fled from the despotism of the czars, the horrors of the Nazis, the tyranny of hunger, who came here to the new frontier in the State of New York. These men and women, a living cross section of American history, indeed, a cross section of the entire world's history of pain and hope, made of this city and only a new world of opportunity, but a new world of the spirit as well.

Whole speech (http://www.jfklibrary.org/Research/Ready-Reference/JFK-Speeches/Address-of-John-F-Kennedy-upon-Accepting-the-Liberal-Party-Nomination-for-President-New-York-New-Yor.aspx)

http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/JFK50_11_21/k13_TA136062.jpg

DamnYankee
02-16-2011, 08:18 AM
Here's your problem. I don't support YOUR right wing definition of modern liberalism. I support Jack Kennedy's. It's not my definition, it's the definition of the modern Democrat Party.

Bfgrn
02-16-2011, 11:15 AM
It's not my definition, it's the definition of the modern Democrat Party.

JFK was assassinated in 1963, RFK was assassinated in 1968. The closest Liberal Democrat to Jack and Bobby's Kennedy's beliefs was Ted Kennedy. He dedicated his political life to the beliefs and visions of his brothers.

DamnYankee
02-16-2011, 12:22 PM
JFK was assassinated in 1963, RFK was assassinated in 1968. The closest Liberal Democrat to Jack and Bobby's Kennedy's beliefs was Ted Kennedy. He dedicated his political life to the beliefs and visions of his brothers.
Oh really? I wasn't aware that Jack was fond of high taxes and socialized medicine.

Bfgrn
02-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Oh really? I wasn't aware that Jack was fond of high taxes and socialized medicine.

REALLY...WHO do you think proposed Medicare?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpMNdYhRq90"

Did you read what President Kennedy said about WHY taxes were high...

HINT:

http://pearlharboronline.com/images/USS%20Arizona.gifhttp://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7328/ngbombingofgermany.jpghttp://www.aviationspectator.com/files/images/Boeing-B-17-Flying-Fortress-107.preview.jpg

FDR and Truman believed even world war had to be PAID FOR...

DamnYankee
02-16-2011, 03:29 PM
REALLY...WHO do you think proposed Medicare?

Actually, socialized health insurance was first proposed by Theodore Roosevelt in 1912.

"Medicare" is for old folks who would have trouble getting private insurance. That's not socialized medicine to the extent of ObamaCare, not by a long shot.

It doesn't matter why taxes were so high the fact is that JFK wanted to lower them to stimulate business, and modern liberals want to raise them to punish successful business.

Bfgrn
02-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Actually, socialized health insurance was first proposed by Theodore Roosevelt in 1912.

"Medicare" is for old folks who would have trouble getting private insurance. That's not socialized medicine to the extent of ObamaCare, not by a long shot.

It doesn't matter why taxes were so high the fact is that JFK wanted to lower them to stimulate business, and modern liberals want to raise them to punish successful business.

Medicare is not socialized medicine, but the Affordable Health Care Act is?

WOW...Here's your new Avatar...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_k-xXQ2kQhJ0/SfIOiHNiIpI/AAAAAAAAANI/WSqvF7s9qoM/s400/fox+sheep.jpg

DamnYankee
02-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Medicare is not socialized medicine, but the Affordable Health Care Act is?

Again it's "not socialized medicine to the extent of ObamaCare".

NOVA
02-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Did you read what President Kennedy said about WHY taxes were high...

Nice attempt to cherry pick...but he said SO much more.....
actually sounds like a modern day Republican to those can read...
Ah yes....back in the day when I was actually a proud Democrat....
----------------------------------------------------------------

=============
You can take JFK's name out of any quote and replaced it with any of todays Republicans and 100% of the readers would believe it real without question....JFK would be ashamed to admit Teddy the Drunk was his brother.

Bfgrn
02-17-2011, 03:26 AM

PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'

The Democratic health care plan is a "government takeover of our health programs." http://static.politifact.com.s3.amazonaws.com/rulings%2Ftom-pantsonfire.gif

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2010/dec/16/lie-year-government-takeover-health-care/

DamnYankee
02-17-2011, 08:28 AM
PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'

The Democratic health care plan is a "government takeover of our health programs." http://static.politifact.com.s3.amazonaws.com/rulings%2Ftom-pantsonfire.gif

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2010/dec/16/lie-year-government-takeover-health-care/

In his own words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-bY92mcOdk"

Bfgrn
02-17-2011, 10:49 AM
In his own words:

YouTube - SHOCK UNCOVERED: Obama IN HIS OWN WORDS saying His Health Care Plan will ELIMINATE private insurance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-bY92mcOdk)

WOW, what a hacked up, contrived piece of bullshit. You really aren't a smart person are you?

DamnYankee
02-17-2011, 01:07 PM
WOW, what a hacked up, contrived piece of bullshit. You really aren't a smart person are you?Oh look, I respond with undeniable facts so you attack me. :)

hotdog
02-17-2011, 03:15 PM
John F. Kennedy was hero who destroyed the Soviet Union. He got rid of khrushchev which was doing a lot more then any other president did including Ronald Ragon. Khrushchev would have buried us.

Bfgrn
02-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Oh look, I respond with undeniable facts so you attack me. :)

Undeniable facts? My God, the video is so heavily hacked up, they had to put words Obama didn't say in there themselves.

NOVA
02-17-2011, 07:38 PM
Undeniable facts? My God, the video is so heavily hacked up, they had to put words Obama didn't say in there themselves.
How can you be such a brain-washed fool...

You hear it with your own ears and deny it....

Watch the video in my sig....hear the Democrat pinhead choke on the word socialism that she says accidentally.....then listen to her tell you about a GOVERNMENT TAKEOVER.....its not a hack job...its the fuckin' facts that you can't bring yourself to acknowledge......

You're fuckin' pathetic.....

Bfgrn
02-17-2011, 07:46 PM
How can you be such a brain-washed fool...

You hear it with your own ears and deny it....

Watch the video in my sig....hear the Democrat pinhead choke on the word socialism that she says accidentally.....then listen to her tell you about a GOVERNMENT TAKEOVER.....its not a hack job...its the fuckin' facts that you can't bring yourself to acknowledge......

You're fuckin' pathetic.....

WOW...you really are one brainwashed fool. SHE??? I didn't know Obama was a woman.

Did Obama propose single payer? Did he even get a public option?

NOVA
02-17-2011, 07:54 PM
WOW...you really are one brainwashed fool. SHE??? I didn't know Obama was a woman.

Did Obama propose single payer? Did he even get a public option?
Watch the video asshole....its a she I was referring to....

Learn to read...:palm:

Did Obama propose single payer? Did he even get a public option?.....Irrelevant....just your pinheaded attempt to change the subject...

DamnYankee
02-17-2011, 07:59 PM
Undeniable facts? My God, the video is so heavily hacked up, they had to put words Obama didn't say in there themselves. What words didn't he say?

Bfgrn
02-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Watch the video asshole....its a she I was referring to....

Learn to read...:palm:

Did Obama propose single payer? Did he even get a public option?.....Irrelevant....just your pinheaded attempt to change the subject...

REALLY???

Post # 13

Post # 16
In his own words