PDA

View Full Version : A Reason to Root 4 the Bears...

Cypress
02-02-2007, 02:46 PM
PEYTON MANNING -- IT FIGURES.

I knew I wasn’t crazy about Peyton Manning. To me, he’s a great 1980s quarterback -- a classic pocket passer with zero mobility who, if he has to run, looks like he’s carrying a beach chair on his back. He’s been very lucky to have a great offensive line that minimizes the number of hurries and sacks, because if he were playing behind five second-raters, he’d be only above average, or perhaps lost to injury every year by Week 9. To me, that’s always been reason enough to cheer against him in the big games.

Now, another reason. According to Kos diarist teenvote, we see that Manning gave $2,000 to Bush last cycle and maxed out ($4,000) to Bob Corker in Tennessee. The only political-checkbook-opening Bear that teenvote could find happened to be their biggest star, linebacker Brian Urlacher. He gave $1,000 to Democratic Congressman Luis Gutierrez. On top of that, who would you rather see happy: Barack Obama and Jan Schakowsky or Richard Lugar and Dan Burton?

And on top of that, Chicago rocks really hard.

http://www.prospect.org/weblog/2007/02/post_2664.html#015348

uscitizen
02-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Send money and I will root for them. $25/hr minimum.

leaningright
04-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Go Colts. I always knew I liked Manning. Oh yea, Colts already won that one, didn't they? ;)

Topspin
07-17-2007, 05:51 PM
cypress raises his douche bag quotent to an exponentially higher level on this on. Manning is the Best QB in football, and is one of the few upstanding charecter guys in the league.

uscitizen
07-18-2007, 07:49 AM
I support our right to arm bears.

Damocles
07-18-2007, 07:59 AM
I support our right to arm bears.
I had a test question, long ago in a galaxy far, far away, that asked just that in a True/False format.

We have the right to own and arm bears. True/False

On that same test, another question...

Hungary was named Hungary because it resembles a stomache. True/False

charver
07-18-2007, 08:11 AM
I had a test question, long ago in a galaxy far, far away, that asked just that in a True/False format.

Well, are you just going to leave us in suspense?

Some of us are very keen to see if we have the correct answers.

Damocles
07-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Well, are you just going to leave us in suspense?

Some of us are very keen to see if we have the correct answers.
Well, I'm pretty sure the Hungary one is true, and that Turkey was named such because the guy making the map was hungry and had that same theme in mind. Thankfully he went and ate or Italy would be "Bootlandia" and the UK would be "Mustardstainsonmycollarlandia"...

As far as the bears, it depends on why one bought them. If you bought the bear to fight off those who might enter your house illegally then yes, it is clearly your right to own and arm that bear, although I can't see how a bear would be able to hold himself up with those little arms.

Thorn
07-18-2007, 11:27 AM

LOL! That sounds like the kind of questions we had for no. 50 and no. 100 in my undergrad physiology course. You always knew when someone had reached that question because, unexpected as it was, it was always rewarded with a snort of laughter. Helped to ease the tension. :)