PDA

View Full Version : Rep Experiment Over...

Damocles
12-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Well, since we've pretty much all agreed that rep is worthless. I have now removed it.

No rep, but the thank you/groan system is still in place.

USFREEDOM911
12-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Well, since we've pretty much all agreed that rep is worthless. I have now removed it.

YOU BASTARDS!!!

Now what is Yurt going to bitch about, except for the werewolf games?

Cancel 2018. 3
12-19-2010, 07:08 PM
YOU BASTARDS!!!

Now what is Yurt going to bitch about, except for the werewolf games?

go find a post where i bitch about it

amazing how obsessed you and onceler are with me and rep

weird

USFREEDOM911
12-19-2010, 07:10 PM
go find a post where i bitch about it

amazing how obsessed you and onceler are with me and rep

weird

LYNCH YURT

Damocles
12-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Rep Onceler

Cancel 2018. 3
12-19-2010, 07:19 PM
LYNCH YURT

knew you could not find one post

:awesome:

Cancel 2018. 3
12-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Rep Onceler

so rep now means lynch?

USFREEDOM911
12-19-2010, 07:28 PM
knew you could not find one post

:awesome:

All anyone has to do is review any of your conversations with Onceler; but I'm going with Damo's idea.

REP ONCELER

USFREEDOM911
12-19-2010, 07:30 PM
so rep now means lynch?

NO

LYNCH YURT

Cancel 2018. 3
12-19-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm going with Damo's idea.

REP ONCELER

still no link....figures....liar

damo didn't mean to "rep" onceler, he meant to lynch him....onceler is part of the reason damo finally got rid of rep....

USFREEDOM911
12-19-2010, 07:32 PM
still no link....figures....liar

damo didn't mean to "rep" onceler, he meant to lynch him....onceler is part of the reason damo finally got rid of rep....

Unless Damo has his hand and most of his forearm stuck you your ass, you really can't speak for Damo.
Plus I don't really know if Damo can throw his voice.

Cancel 2018. 3
12-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Unless Damo has his hand and most of his forearm stuck you your ass, you really can't speak for Damo.
Plus I don't really know if Damo can throw his voice.

good lord, you're a psycho

still no link to back up your claim huh......:)

USFREEDOM911
12-19-2010, 07:40 PM
good lord, you're a psycho

still no link to back up your claim huh......:)

Was that Damo talking, or you?

USFREEDUMB911
12-19-2010, 09:45 PM
I am emotard Freedumb, I make fake claims about Yurt, but I'm full of shit.

Yurt rules!

P.S. I am not Yurt, this has to be legion troll.

Canceled1
12-20-2010, 10:13 AM

Judging by the overwhelming response to this thread, you have done an astounding and remarkable thing.

All hail the GREAT and POWERFUL Damocles! [/sarcasm]

Damocles
12-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Judging by the overwhelming response to this thread, you have done an astounding and remarkable thing.

All hail the GREAT and POWERFUL Damocles! [/sarcasm]
LOL. Judging by the response it was overdue and I'm lazy and a procrastinator.

Canceled1
12-20-2010, 10:24 AM
LOL. Judging by the response it was overdue and I'm lazy and a procrastinator.

Actually, I just wanted to get my Wizard of Oz moment in there since the movie has been playing non-stop this weekend and I personally watched it twice.

That movie used to scare the beejeesus out of me when I was a kid. Those dang flying monkeys! Kind of reminds me of some people here...

Damocles
12-20-2010, 10:25 AM
Actually, I just wanted to get my Wizard of Oz moment in there since the movie has been playing non-stop this weekend and I personally watched it twice.

That movie used to scare the beejeesus out of me when I was a kid. Those dang flying monkeys! Kind of reminds me of some people here...
Their blueness disturbs me. The movie that got me when I was a kid was "The Birds" from Hitchcock. Now when I watch it I wonder how it could have possibly frightened me so. (sheepish admission: I still can't stand when birds fly near my head. I immediately want to cover my eyes.)

Onceler
12-20-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm sure Yurt'll find something new to obsess about...

Cancel 2018. 3
12-20-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm sure Yurt'll find something new to obsess about...

creepy...post 200 about yurt and rep

thats an unhealthy obsession onceler...

Socrtease
12-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Their blueness disturbs me. The movie that got me when I was a kid was "The Birds" from Hitchcock. Now when I watch it I wonder how it could have possibly frightened me so. (sheepish admission: I still can't stand when birds fly near my head. I immediately want to cover my eyes.)
The scene with the body sitting in the chair with its eyes pecked out? Creeped me out for years.

Damocles
12-20-2010, 12:05 PM
The scene with the body sitting in the chair with its eyes pecked out? Creeped me out for years.
:shudders:

I used to walk out and see all those birds up on the phone lines... I'd watch them intently, huddle my shoulders and just force myself to go past them. Stupid movie.

USFREEDOM911
12-20-2010, 12:14 PM
:shudders:

I used to walk out and see all those birds up on the phone lines... I'd watch them intently, huddle my shoulders and just force myself to go past them. Stupid movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLQafidranc&feature=related

Onceler
12-20-2010, 12:18 PM
creepy...post 200 about yurt and rep

thats an unhealthy obsession onceler...

LOL

On a thread about rep where you had immediately responded w/a mention of me.

Project much, Yurtsie?

Cancel 2018. 3
12-20-2010, 12:26 PM
http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?t=29808&p=745546#post745546

cancel2 2022
12-20-2010, 05:13 PM

Did you audition for the Wicked Witch of the West?

USFREEDOM911
12-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Did you audition for the Wicked Witch of the West?

Why, did you fail to get hired for the spot? :whoa:

PostmodernProphet
12-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Why, did you fail to get hired for the spot? :whoa:

Tom was typecast as the witch of the East.....

http://myhalloweenideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/The-Wizard-of-Oz-House-on-witch.jpg

Canceled2
12-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Tom was typecast as the witch of the East.....

http://myhalloweenideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/The-Wizard-of-Oz-House-on-witch.jpg

Ahahahaha! I was JUST now thinking the same thing!!!

Canceled2
12-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Here he is..our Tom

YouTube - I Feel Pretty

Minister of Truth
12-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Damo,

Kindly go fuck yourself.

Kindest Personal Regards,
Threedee

PostmodernProphet
12-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Damo,

Kindly go fuck yourself.

Threedee

but bring friends along....it's the holidays.....

cancel2 2022
12-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Here he is..our Tom

YouTube - I Feel Pretty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ0X0OhyCIo&feature=player_embedded)

I seem to recall that you used that before, then again nobody ever accused you of originality. I suppose some might say that you are good at recycling though!!

Canceled2
12-22-2010, 09:55 PM
I seem to recall that you used that before, then again nobody ever accused you of originality. I suppose some might say that you are good at recycling though!!

No, Tom, your recall is a bit off. The other was you in a pink tutu outside an asylum :D

PostmodernProphet
12-22-2010, 10:02 PM
so many videos of men in tutus, so little time.....

Minister of Truth
12-23-2010, 01:56 AM
Dear Damo,

I demand you reinstate the alert feature which links us to the posts which have been Thanked. Asshole.

Threedee

Damocles
12-23-2010, 10:40 AM
I can't, without turning back on the rep. You'll just have to suffer for a bit until I create or find a mod that notifies for thanks/groans.

Minister of Truth
12-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Well, better than nothing... Carry on.

*sigh*

Damocles
12-23-2010, 10:26 PM
You can always go to your profile and click the links about "Thank you" and "Groans" you have received.

Cancel 2018. 3
12-23-2010, 10:53 PM
rep is my religion damo

how dare you!!!!!!!

NOVA
12-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Its quite funny that the biggest pinheads were the ones that thanked Damo for getting rid of it....

Rationalist
12-28-2010, 02:14 AM
I noticed that we no longer receive notifications for thanked posts. Apparently this is tied to the reputation function. It has been a long time since I've worked with vB, but I know it's possible to remove the reputation bars / rep button from the front end while leaving the reputation function enabled. This way, we'll receive thanked post notifications.

Not a big deal, just a suggestion.

Damocles
12-28-2010, 11:37 AM
I noticed that we no longer receive notifications for thanked posts. Apparently this is tied to the reputation function. It has been a long time since I've worked with vB, but I know it's possible to remove the reputation bars / rep button from the front end while leaving the reputation function enabled. This way, we'll receive thanked post notifications.

Not a big deal, just a suggestion.
It took some tweaking, but I got it done. It involved messing with the templates in order to ensure no rep showed up in postbits, and then tweaking a few setting.

You will now be notified of thanks/groans comments.

Canceled1
12-29-2010, 03:46 PM

It took me a while to see this. I couldn't agree more. I, too, to this very day can't stand when I hear wings flapping in my ear too close.

I will never forget one time walking with my boyfriend's sister out at lunch by this huge bay tree that had all these black birds clacking up a storm in it. All of the sudden this bird dive bombs his sister and is going after her hair which she had poufed up with hair gel. As she was shooing it away and screaming, another one swoops down and goes after her as well. I was horrified and laughing so hard all at the same time I could barely hold my water. I was too afraid to hit at the birds for fear they would turn on me next!

All I could think of is Tippi Hedren in that dang movie and the picture of the birds that had pecked her porcelain skin and the dark blood drops on her face since it was in black and white. That and the birds that came in the house through the chimney and attic. Even though the movie was so old it scared the beejeesus out of me so many years later. Alfred Hitchcock was a master!

USFREEDOM911
12-29-2010, 04:09 PM
It took me a while to see this. I couldn't agree more. I, too, to this very day can't stand when I hear wings flapping in my ear too close.

I will never forget one time walking with my boyfriend's sister out at lunch by this huge bay tree that had all these black birds clacking up a storm in it. All of the sudden this bird dive bombs his sister and is going after her hair which she had poufed up with hair gel. As she was shooing it away and screaming, another one swoops down and goes after her as well. I was horrified and laughing so hard all at the same time I could barely hold my water. I was too afraid to hit at the birds for fear they would turn on me next!

All I could think of is Tippi Hedren in that dang movie and the picture of the birds that had pecked her porcelain skin and the dark blood drops on her face since it was in black and white. That and the birds that came in the house through the chimney and attic. Even though the movie was so old it scared the beejeesus out of me so many years later. Alfred Hitchcock was a master!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLQafidranc&feature=related"

Damocles
12-29-2010, 04:13 PM

True that. I mean, a black and white flick... and it still effects me. I was like 5 when I saw it.

Cancel 2018. 3
12-29-2010, 04:48 PM
and hoodlums so called "youngin" gang....calls me old

:)

Canceled1
12-29-2010, 04:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLQafidranc&feature=related

*Shudder*

Canceled1
12-29-2010, 04:58 PM
and hoodlums so called "youngin" gang....calls me old

:)

Older than dirt, actually... :lmao:

Canceled2
12-29-2010, 05:11 PM

Did I ever tell ya about the time when K got scared after birds got in the house? She was 9 and had just watched The Birds. We had removed a woodstove from the living room and had cardboard up in the hole where the stove pipe had gone up through the attic space. Alec and I went out for the evening and were starting desert when the cell rang with Em shouting about birds in the house...of course our son wanted to catch them as pets whcih caused them to fly around crapping on everything...but poor k was crying her ever-loving head off with visons of pecked out eye-balls...I'll bet that movie has played into countless nightmares of attacking birds to numerous children!

Cancel 2018. 3
12-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Older than dirt, actually... :lmao:

i'm in my mid 30's....and thats OLD to me

:(

Minister of Truth
12-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Don't act old, won't be old.