PDA

View Full Version : The lightening went and killed the boot

Damocles
08-06-2006, 11:16 PM
sector on my laptop... Well my personal laptop, not the work one or the PC...

I was writing a new scathing sarcastic chapter in my newest attempt at a novel... When the fricking lightening hit, the screen flashed and the computer would no longer boot in... Magic. I even have it on a protection strip, but the resulting power surge simply got to the boot sector. Now I have to wait for the recovery disk in the mail. What a fricking retard. I've had the thing for some months now and hadn't called to get it before this...

Oh well, at least I have this, the powerbook, my PC downstairs, the G5, and my daughter's Mac as well as my old standby that I use to keep drivers for repairs to other's computers. I'd simply reload the operating system without the repair section in their little recovery CD, but then I'd lose some software....

*sigh* I hate waiting. I'm so impatient I'll likely use imaging software to copy and backup the data on the drive, reload a new OS then move it over before the fricking recovery disk gets here that would take all of 2 minutes instead of all that work to get the job done...

Another stupidity, I haven't backed up the drive to DVDs... What a stupid mistake... I'll rectify all of this idiocy as soon as I haved fixed the danged thing...

uscitizen
08-16-2006, 12:50 PM
I use UPS on my PC's and entertainment equipment.
also I have so much surge supression that if I get a big surge it trips breakers.