PDA

View Full Version : BSE round 2 - How soon is now vs. Ode to Joy

FUCK THE POLICE
08-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Which one is best?

If you pick how soon is now, you are gay, because it is by the Smith's. Just warning you.

Beefy
08-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Every Rose has its thorn.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-06-2006, 07:52 PM
It didn't win.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Wait...

How the hell did Serenity win? No one voted in the first round. Nearly everyone got their first choice in. You probably should have voted.

Beefy
08-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Wait...

How the hell did Serenity win? No one voted in the first round. Nearly everyone got their first choice in. You probably should have voted.

I like your pragmatic approach here. Taking your issue to the streets and showing the inherent flaws in it. Smart kid you are, I don't believe that you're as young as you say you are anymore.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-07-2006, 05:59 AM
No...

Serenity won because no one voted in the first round.

If we had just taken the majorities choice it would be like giving the majority 8 votes and everyone else none. This is a better result.

Also, STV spits out retarded results, which is why I wanted to use my system.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-07-2006, 06:01 AM
Also, no one nominated anyone, so we didn't have any real choices. And Serenity was actually put in at a random draw, which is how the program deals with problems whenever you have 8 seats and 11 votes.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-07-2006, 06:03 AM
No...

Serenity won because no one voted in the first round.

If we had just taken the majorities choice it would be like giving the majority 8 votes and everyone else none...This is a better result...which is why I wanted to use my system.

Watermark= "Little SR!" :D

FUCK THE POLICE
08-07-2006, 06:03 AM
If I would've just taken the majorities vote I would've gotten something like:

Metallica - One
Godsmack - Serenity
Metallica - master of puppets
ACDC - Back in Black
Another Metallica song
Another ACDC song
ANother Godsmack song
Tool - Parabola

I believe even these messed up results make a little more sense.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-07-2006, 06:04 AM
Hell, do you want to do another round 1, ya' bastard, just so I can prove it, with only a majority vote?

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-07-2006, 06:13 AM
I think you didn't allow enough response to the initial thread, and you eneded up with what a bunch of wet-behind-the-ears punks thought, not an accurate reflection of the general community. I've never heard of some of these songs!

...I might have to do one of these threads... using MY OWN system, of course! ;)

FUCK THE POLICE
08-07-2006, 03:21 PM
OK, do you want to re-do the nomination round?

But I left a very long time on round #1. I only went to this round whenever the thread got old enough that it almost fell off of the screen. I assumed that was all I was going to get, and I raised it to the top several times asking for people to vote, and no one ever did.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-07-2006, 03:24 PM
I like your pragmatic approach here. Taking your issue to the streets and showing the inherent flaws in it. Smart kid you are, I don't believe that you're as young as you say you are anymore.

I don't know. I really just wanted to do a best song ever post, and then I realized the flaws in the systems I was using and moved onto more complicated ones.

But are you being sarcastic?

FUCK THE POLICE
08-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Bump. I'd like there to be a clearer margin of victory in these threads.