PDA

View Full Version : Yo!

Russellbor
11-15-2010, 02:18 AM
Hi,

New guy here, figured since they went to all the trouble to put a prompt for me to make my first post here that I'd, you know...make my first post here.

So what should I say about me?

Well, I'm not affiliated with any political party. My voting record doesn't help since I'm all over the place from far left to far right and points in between depending upon the issue. I support The Zeitgeist Movement and The Venus Project.

What else...

I was religious but not anymore.

Mary Ann over Ginger, Kirk over Picard, whiskey over wine, summer over winter and The Raiders uber alles!

See ya

Dixie - In Memoriam
11-15-2010, 03:00 AM
Hi,

New guy here, figured since they went to all the trouble to put a prompt for me to make my first post here that I'd, you know...make my first post here.

Well, I'm not affiliated with any political party. My voting record doesn't help since I'm all over the place from far left to far right and points in between depending upon the issue. I support The Zeitgeist Movement and The Venus Project.

What else...

Mary Ann over Ginger, Kirk over Picard, whiskey over wine, summer over winter and The Raiders uber alles!

See ya

So basically, you are a Liberal who doesn't want to admit you are a liberal? It seems to be a trend these days. You shouldn't be ashamed of your liberalism here, most of this board is liberal, or 'libertarians' pretending not to be liberal.

Sorry, I make this judgment based on the very limited information in your post, for example, you say you are all over the board on your voting, depending on the issue. Well, if you don't know whether you're a Marxist Communist or a Capitalist Constitutionalist, you are obviously a pinhead liberal who doesn't want to face the truth about yourself. You say you support the Venus/Zeitgeist Project... basically, a liberal pinhead initiative which essentially says... We want to utilize advanced science and technology to save the planet from the impending and certain doom caused primarily by advanced technology and science! And you WERE religious, but you're not anymore? Obviously, you have seen the light, and now realize there is no God, and humans can't be endowed with inalienable rights by the Creator, but instead, are granted their rights by men in black robes. But since you were once "Religious" we can all genuflect toward your wisdom and enlightenment, and accept this premise based on your informed opinion. Again, you'll find yourself in friendly company here, as most of the lefties are Atheistic, and espouse the same philosophy.

As for your pop culture picks, it sounds like you are a pretty cool person, and we could probably be very good friends hanging out together, but we'd probably have to avoid political and religious discussions. Welcome to the board, I look forward to more conversations in the future.

evince
11-15-2010, 07:37 AM
Welcome and ignore our brain damaged pit bull dixie.

He barks alot but never really knows what hes barking at.

Phantasmal
11-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Hi,

What else...

See ya
Welcome, you sound like a hoot!

christiefan915
11-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Welcome, Russellbor. :)

Just one comment...

It's on !!!

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/images/p/pittsburgh_steelers-11640.jpg

Damocles
11-15-2010, 11:53 AM
A Raiders fan?!!!

Abomination!

Welcome to the board.

zappasguitar
11-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Hi,

What else...

See ya

Greetings.

When I read your political leanings I was initially concerned you might not be able to take the beatings you're going to get from both sides here depending on the issue...

Then I read how you are a Chokelandd Faiders fan and I knew you'd be okay...

You've been dealing with crushing beatdowns on nearly a weekly basis for YEARS now, so you should be fine.

Russellbor
11-17-2010, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome folks. I wasn't planning on making any individual replies but there is one post that I am simply unable to overlook.

December 23, 1972 still sticks in my gut like a bad egg foo young. On the 21st of this month The Oakland Raiders look to tie the career series vs the steelers at 9-9-0. So lets make this interesting, should the Silver and Black lose the game, I offer to write 500 words in favor of, or in opposition to, the issue of christiefan915's choice. I ask nothing in return, the satisfaction of a win will be sufficient unto its self.

Russ

christiefan915
11-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome folks. I wasn't planning on making any individual replies but there is one post that I am simply unable to overlook.

December 23, 1972 still sticks in my gut like a bad egg foo young. On the 21st of this month The Oakland Raiders look to tie the career series vs the steelers at 9-9-0. So lets make this interesting, should the Silver and Black lose the game, I offer to write 500 words in favor of, or in opposition to, the issue of christiefan915's choice. I ask nothing in return, the satisfaction of a win will be sufficient unto its self.

Russ

Deal!

I'm already thinking of topics... :)

/MSG/
11-20-2010, 07:11 PM
A Raiders fan?!!!

Abomination!

Welcome to the board.
I'm a Raiders fan too Damo.

christiefan915
11-21-2010, 03:18 PM

Russ

Oh, Russell... oh, oh, oh.

I don't have the heart to ask for an essay after this blowout.

My condolences. :(

Russellbor
11-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Lol, yeah it was pretty bad but you used to it after awhile. Since the departure of Mr. Gruden things have not been good. I am fairly convinced that things will remain roughly the way they are until the additional departure of Mr. Davis. In the mean time though it's still fun to root and, after all, things could be worse, we're in second place in the west not to mention undefeated in the division with a legitimate shot at two to three more wins.

The scariest part is, with another win against in the afc west The Raiders will own the tie breaker and looking at the schedule, a tie for first in the division is quite possible even if it isn't likely, (I give 'em about 40% chance.) That's what made todays...what did Obama call it? A shellacking? So hard to take, it would be great being tied with KC going into next week.

But at least the games still count this year instead of being eliminated by week eight and it could be worse, I could be a fan of Detroit or The Bills.

The offer still holds though, I ain't no welcher.

Ciao

Russ

Damocles
11-21-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm a Raiders fan too Damo.
You admit that after the beating they just took?

/MSG/
11-21-2010, 09:12 PM
You admit that after the beating they just took?
Are you saying I should root for the Lions instead?

Damocles
11-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Are you saying I should root for the Lions instead?
Doubtless you should. Or those nasty cheese packers.