PDA

View Full Version : Mormonism

Brent
08-06-2006, 02:02 PM
Some people here (including Damocles) maintain the theory that I am a Mormon. This is simply not true. While I openly admit to investigating Mormonism, even to the point of having a baptism date set in late February 2006, I never joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nor do I plan to join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at any time in the future.

Do I believe the Church is true? I think elements of it are certainly true, including, to some extent, the Book of Mormon; but I do not believe it is the "one true church."

THE Church is made of everyone who puts their faith in Jesus Christ.
It is not limited to a particular sect.

Beefy
08-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Jack Chick would disagree:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0061/0061_01.asp

Brent
08-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Jack Chick would disagree:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0061/0061_01.asp

Complete trash.

Beefy
08-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Complete trash.

You're going to hell according to Jack Chick:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0041/0041_01.asp

Beefy
08-06-2006, 02:38 PM
BTW, were you "thef0rk"?

mookie
08-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Brent you suck;

If instead of spending your time investigating various religions and their idiotic beliefs, you instead started studying engineering and/or economics, you would increase your problem solving skills by ten fold.

I told you before to read "Age of Reason" by Paine when you get around to it. Honestly, the true works of God are not put down into print by fallible human beings. They don't belong in a book where they are subjected to transcription errors. Studying dead languages and old philisophical writings of men will tell you very little about the world around you.

Instead, try analyzing the data; actually how the world works. Perhaps study the equations of planetary motions. This is truely Gods works, not the voluminous nonesense written in Hebrew thousands of years ago by "prophets" which has been translated and passed down with errors every step along the way.

evince
08-06-2006, 04:22 PM
I like this mookie chap

Brent
08-06-2006, 04:53 PM
I like this mookie chap

Why, because he hates religious people?

Damocles
08-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Some people here (including Damocles)

Man you take my jokes personally... I bet you do that in RL too...

:moos:

Moose bites can be really nasty!

gonzojournals
08-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Why, because he hates religious people?

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you on fucking crazy pills? He said one of the most religiously relevant things I think I have ever heard (that God works through the world, not through dead languages) and your retort is that he hates religion?

I seriously think you may be mentally ill.

Brent
08-08-2006, 05:27 PM
What the fuck are you talking about? Are you on fucking crazy pills? He said one of the most religiously relevant things I think I have ever heard (that God works through the world, not through dead languages) and your retort is that he hates religion?

I seriously think you may be mentally ill.

He is saying the Bible cannot be trusted.

Only the people who HATE God reject the Bible.

BRUTALITOPS
08-08-2006, 08:06 PM
I like this mookie chap

lol, he's dles :)

BRUTALITOPS
08-08-2006, 08:07 PM

no brent, not loving someone does not mean you automatically hate them.

gonzojournals
08-09-2006, 12:04 AM

I reject 98 percent of the Bible and consider myself a Christian. I trust God, not manuscripts written by nomads thousands of years ago.