PDA

View Full Version : For the management

Lowaicue
10-15-2010, 05:54 AM
I am guessing that the figures shown in the column 'Views' include webfulls of 'spiders', pants full of 'bots' and other strange phenomena which have yet to be named.
Can they be stopped or at least identified?

cancel2 2022
10-15-2010, 03:41 PM
I am guessing that the figures shown in the column 'Views' include webfulls of 'spiders', pants full of 'bots' and other strange phenomena which have yet to be named.
Can they be stopped or at least identified?

They are mostly from search engines such as Google which crawl the web using a spider bot.

Web search engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lowaicue
10-15-2010, 06:35 PM
They are mostly from search engines such as Google which crawl the web using a spider bot.

Web search engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engines)

Can they not be stopped or placed in a category other than 'Views'? One looks down the list looking for something interesting. There is a vastly inflated figure so one clicks it only to find that the thread is of absolutely no interest and has simply been 'crawled' over by programmes intent on discovering the colour of the site's underwear.
Surely if man can create these things, man can destroy them too?

cancel2 2022
10-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Can they not be stopped or placed in a category other than 'Views'? One looks down the list looking for something interesting. There is a vastly inflated figure so one clicks it only to find that the thread is of absolutely no interest and has simply been 'crawled' over by programmes intent on discovering the colour of the site's underwear.

I'm sure they could be filtered out, maybe Damo can shed some light?

Damocles
10-16-2010, 09:27 PM
If you stop the bots you don't get a seat at the search engine table. If nobody can find your site you are lost in the ether. I like getting new members on occasion so I don't think I'll be blocking the bots any time soon.

tinfoil
10-16-2010, 11:50 PM

Jesus christ, get a life, you loser

Lowaicue
10-17-2010, 12:37 AM
Jesus christ, get a life, you loser

Loser?? You are the fucking yank, not me. twat.

cancel2 2022
10-17-2010, 04:55 AM
If you stop the bots you don't get a seat at the search engine table. If nobody can find your site you are lost in the ether. I like getting new members on occasion so I don't think I'll be blocking the bots any time soon.

I only meant that they could be stopped from being displayed not stopped period.

Canceled.LTroll.27
10-18-2010, 02:46 AM
You may rest assured that the appropriate authorities are kept apprised of all expressions.

The management is most accomodating.