PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

charver
10-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Or is anyone else having trouble in recent days with the site crashing for very short periods during the day?

I hope my computer hasn't picked up internets crabs from one of you filthy people.

Canceled1
10-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Or is anyone else having trouble in recent days with the site crashing for very short periods during the day?

I hope my computer hasn't picked up internets crabs from one of you filthy people.

And here I thought it had to do with all this talk of TRS coming from Hungary.

Crashed three times this morning. Could you guys get that cleaned up over there? It's really mucking things up!

apple0154
10-08-2010, 09:24 AM

Considering this is a political site and taking into account the following your concern is most valid.

(Excerpt)After studying the 60 scandals over the past 20 years involving all politicians or major candidates for city mayor and above—many involved crimes, others just allegations, but all wound up as tabloid fodder—some conclusions can be reached.

• The number of sex scandals has increased dramatically over the past few decades, thanks to technology, new press standards and a post-Clinton belief that everything is fair game.

• Republicans have more scandals (33 to 27), but Democrats have bigger ones, based on our methodology (13 out of the top 20).

• Democrats tend to have more problems with harassment, staffers and underage girls; Republicans tend to have more problems with prostitutes, hypocrisy and underage boys.(End)
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-03-30/which-party-has-more-sex-scandals/

Canceled1
10-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Considering this is a political site and taking into account the following your concern is most valid.

(Excerpt)After studying the 60 scandals over the past 20 years involving all politicians or major candidates for city mayor and above—many involved crimes, others just allegations, but all wound up as tabloid fodder—some conclusions can be reached.

• The number of sex scandals has increased dramatically over the past few decades, thanks to technology, new press standards and a post-Clinton belief that everything is fair game.

• Republicans have more scandals (33 to 27), but Democrats have bigger ones, based on our methodology (13 out of the top 20).

• Democrats tend to have more problems with harassment, staffers and underage girls; Republicans tend to have more problems with prostitutes, hypocrisy and underage boys.(End)
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-03-30/which-party-has-more-sex-scandals/

No wonder JPP goes down! They're directly plugged into SCANDAL!!!!

Damo! You have ARRIVED!!!

cancel2 2022
10-08-2010, 11:10 AM

I have been getting the same thing, the site just becomes inaccessible for minutes or even hours at a time.

Canceled.LTroll.1
10-08-2010, 11:21 AM

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!

Damocles
10-08-2010, 12:20 PM
They moved us to a new server that was supposed to be an improvement. Now I'm looking into upgrading.

Cancel 2018. 3
10-08-2010, 12:52 PM
its happened to me

Dixie - In Memoriam
10-08-2010, 12:53 PM
I was also experiencing problems, but instead of questioning Damo directly about it, I did some research and contacted his hosting provider. I got the following reply:

Dear Capitalist Pig American,

We do not care that you are having troubles, we have many troubles on our own. You silly capitalists spend too much time discussing your politics and being unproductive. You should find nice job in factory, and forget political discussions.

Our lovely Natasha is server administrator, she have many things to do with time other than keep capitalist pig political board running. If you experience the problem when Ukraine shows on the television, the Dancing With Stars program, this is reason for troubles. Natasha is away from servers for short time, and also when is time for her to collect eggs from the chickens. Most other times, she can reset servers when they sometimes crash. For price your leader Damocles is paying, you get really good deal, you should be thankful and not ungrateful capitalist pig.

Regards,
Gustov

Damocles
10-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Regards,
Gustov

That's what SHE said...

Canceled1
10-08-2010, 01:32 PM
I was also experiencing problems, but instead of questioning Damo directly about it, I did some research and contacted his hosting provider. I got the following reply:

Dear Capitalist Pig American,

We do not care that you are having troubles, we have many troubles on our own. You silly capitalists spend too much time discussing your politics and being unproductive. You should find nice job in factory, and forget political discussions.

Our lovely Natasha is server administrator, she have many things to do with time other than keep capitalist pig political board running. If you experience the problem when Ukraine shows on the television, the Dancing With Stars program, this is reason for troubles. Natasha is away from servers for short time, and also when is time for her to collect eggs from the chickens. Most other times, she can reset servers when they sometimes crash. For price your leader Damocles is paying, you get really good deal, you should be thankful and not ungrateful capitalist pig.

Regards,
Gustov

Gustov must be Peggy's brother...

evince
10-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Damn this place is getting good again.

Darla, Lady T, Charver all coming back.

Damocles
10-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Yes. I'm happy. I like the argument.

cancel2 2022
10-08-2010, 03:43 PM
They moved us to a new server that was supposed to be an improvement. Now I'm looking into upgrading.

Do you have a service level agreement?

/MSG/
10-08-2010, 05:01 PM
That's what she said.

Bfgrn
10-08-2010, 05:07 PM

Numerous times I get an Unable to connect message (Firefox)

/MSG/
10-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Yeah, it's been goin on with me too.

Damocles
10-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Do you have a service level agreement?
There's some percentage of allowable downtime. The problem that I have is when http and https shut down simultaneously for no reason I can fathom. It's become a problem. I believe it may be due to the shared nature of the server, and I've been thinking of putting a bit more cash into a less shared server...

Minister of Truth
10-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Numerous times I get an Unable to connect message (Firefox)

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!

Ohcapzag
10-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Yeah, it's been goin on with me too.

That's what she said!!!

cancel2 2022
10-11-2010, 02:50 PM
There's some percentage of allowable downtime. The problem that I have is when http and https shut down simultaneously for no reason I can fathom. It's become a problem. I believe it may be due to the shared nature of the server, and I've been thinking of putting a bit more cash into a less shared server...

The problem is, for my point of view, that it can to happen at times when the US is mostly asleep.

Damocles
10-11-2010, 03:14 PM
The problem is, for my point of view, that it can to happen at times when the US is mostly asleep.
If that is the case then it may be my backup of the database that is causing you issue. It should happen around 9 AM there nowadays...

cancel2 2022
10-11-2010, 03:25 PM
If that is the case then it may be my backup of the database that is causing you issue. It should happen around 9 AM there nowadays...

That makes some sense, how long does the backup usually last?

Damocles
10-11-2010, 10:04 PM
That makes some sense, how long does the backup usually last?
I don't know. I'm usually busy making pillow creases on my face at that time of the night. I changed the time a bit. It should happen at about 7 AM now.

Damocles
10-11-2010, 10:08 PM

I don't know, but I heard from Kataksung that gold will go up eleventy billion in recent days.

cancel2 2022
10-12-2010, 02:42 PM
I don't know, but I heard from Kataksung that gold will go up eleventy billion in recent days.

It is certainly going up, it is at $1350 now. Still some why off eleventy billion though.

http://www.gold-price-quote.com/index.html