PDA

View Full Version : $1,000 stolen from me

Beefy
01-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Some dick licking anal fungus got a hold of my atm # and pin and stole a fucking grand from me today. I'm very nervous about getting my money back from Wamu. Has this happened to anyone else here ever, and if so, am I going to have to jump through 1100 goddamned hoops to get my money back?

Please advise.

Suddenly, I'm for the death penalty again.

maineman
01-15-2007, 08:25 PM
that's THE story to stick with when explaining the one large that you actually blew on hookers and fine cocaine last weekend.

Damocles
01-15-2007, 08:39 PM
I have never had this happen to me. I hope you get your money back.

Damocles
01-15-2007, 08:40 PM
They would have a picture of the person withdrawing the cash and be able to show it was not you. Report it immediately...

Beefy
01-15-2007, 08:48 PM
that's THE story to stick with when explaining the one large that you actually blew on hookers and fine cocaine last weekend.

LOL, I kind of wish I HAD done that in retrospect. I have reported it, but I'm concerned that they'll make this a nightmarish hassle.

Care4all
01-16-2007, 06:55 AM
I have had my atm card used by a thief for over a grand of internet products....

it took about a week and they did replace it in to my account, but that was it... they made me report it to the local police, WHO DID NOTHING to find the thief, but the bank did credit us.

my pin number was not used in the credit purchases with it, so I don't know if that would make a difference?

Care

Robdawg
01-16-2007, 07:26 AM
Matt

how did they get your pin number.

HipLew
01-16-2007, 08:26 AM
i had a few hundred posted "pending' to an account once; I called the merchant and they said it had already beeen cancelled since none of the pin, securoity code, address, name etc could be confirmed. It was someone using a number generator and for some reason the merchant posted it to the bank before clearing the sale.

HipLew
01-16-2007, 08:27 AM
but as a precaution, i removed the overdraft protection from the account and only keep a up to a few hundred in it. I move the oney to the account manually when I buy something, just to make sure they don't try it again. that was over a year ago, with no problem since.