PDA

View Full Version : First Post

ohiodem
10-05-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm going to follow the advice of the banner that won't go away and make my first post in the introductions forum if that's what this is.

I started posting before the 2004 election on a site called politics.com until all of the debate moved to a site called fullpolitics.com back when it was still a message board. I really enjoyed the spirited conversations that took place on those sites. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that vividly remembers the Dixie vs. Maineman battles or the ridiculous two-thirds debate. I'm hoping that this community is similar to those in terms of humor and fun but also a place where politics can be debated and issues discussed in an intelligent and honest way. But even if it's not I'm really thrilled that I don't have to submit 50 posts and be approved by some egomaniac to be a part of the club.

I look forward to discussing issues.

/MSG/
10-05-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm going to follow the advice of the banner that won't go away and make my first post in the introductions forum if that's what this is.

I started posting before the 2004 election on a site called politics.com until all of the debate moved to a site called fullpolitics.com back when it was still a message board. I really enjoyed the spirited conversations that took place on those sites. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that vividly remembers the Dixie vs. Maineman battles or the ridiculous two-thirds debate. I'm hoping that this community is similar to those in terms of humor and fun but also a place where politics can be debated and issues discussed in an intelligent and honest way. But even if it's not I'm really thrilled that I don't have to submit 50 posts and be approved by some egomaniac to be a part of the club.

So what took you so long to join us?

Minister of Truth
10-05-2010, 09:19 PM
And why are you uncomfortable coming out under the screen name you will be remembered for? We're not all assholes!!!

Anyone who was on Politics.Com and FP is definitely welcome here, though!!

Welcome aboard, my fine fellow!!! OSU is #2 and still going strong. :clink:

Norman Paperman
10-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Wapakoneta? Damn...

ohiodem
10-06-2010, 08:33 AM
It took me literally this long to find you but I am really glad I did. I didn't use the same screen name because I was young and stupid enough to use my real name before and that's probably not a good idea anymore.

Thank you for welcoming me.

Minister of Truth
10-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Oh, okay. I'm, of course, attempting to refresh my memory as to physical names which were used on FP. Warren and Whitney come to mind, but they're just first names.

Either way, congrats on finally stumbling into this neck of the woods. Beware the former posters of the AOL political board, as many of them are hate mongers and professional idiots!!

/MSG/
10-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Oh, okay. I'm, of course, attempting to refresh my memory as to physical names which were used on FP. Warren and Whitney come to mind, but they're just first names.

Either way, congrats on finally stumbling into this neck of the woods. Beware the former posters of the AOL political board, as many of them are hate mongers and professional idiots!!
Much truth in that warning.

You should remember Threedee, and I was CaptainJack over at FP.com. Watermark and Grind are also here.

ohiodem
10-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Thank you for the warning.

DamnYankee
10-06-2010, 03:35 PM

Maineman's a pedophile, banned from here.

Minister of Truth
10-06-2010, 03:47 PM
LOLZ, Maineman went off the deep end for all the world to see, and paid the consequences for it. I didn't realize he had all those issues, and chatted with him for several years before it all blew up on this site.

DamnYankee
10-06-2010, 03:51 PM
LOLZ, Maineman went off the deep end for all the world to see, and paid the consequences for it. I didn't realize he had all those issues, and chatted with him for several years before it all blew up on this site. You were a young boy back then and he was interested in you.