PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Hawaii

Beefy
01-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Just had one of the best weeks of my life here. Leaving for hell in a couple of hours. I've decided that I'm moving here whatever it takes within 6 months. What an incredible place once you get outside of the touristy pop-culture. People are young, culture is rich, landscape is absolutely magnificent and majestic. I'll post my snapfish pictures here in a couple of days.

See you all back in hell.

Damocles
01-14-2007, 01:03 AM
See ya when ya get back, Beefs...

Care4all
01-14-2007, 06:49 AM
What? How could you? Matt and I are gonna build the garage with the rental apartment above and you are suppose to be our first tenant?

Hawaii....Maui especially, is the most beautiful place in the world imho. When I worked for Dillards Dept stores, I won "Buyer of the Year" in 1994 or 95, can't remember... Anyway, my prize was a $5000 dollar vacation for two, anywhere I wanted...Matt and I dwelled over Alaskan Cruise magazines for months, thinking of taking that route, then we moved on to some fantastic train ride through Canada but then we saw vacation books of Maui and chose that as where we would go... 9 days, at the embassy suites, with a ford mustang convertible as our wheels.... and....

I would have to agree with you....

For the next 5 years after leaving there, all we could do is dream about living there and trying to figure out how we could get there again, only this time to live....then finally that dream died when career choices got in the way....

I will say to you that Maui is what the Bar Harbor area reminds us of in the summertime....especially acadia national park... the cliffs, the secluded beaches, even the orange colored sand and the thick fauna throughout the park!

Have a safe trip home cutie pie!

Care

Cypress
01-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Just had one of the best weeks of my life here. Leaving for hell in a couple of hours. I've decided that I'm moving here whatever it takes within 6 months. What an incredible place once you get outside of the touristy pop-culture. People are young, culture is rich, landscape is absolutely magnificent and majestic. I'll post my snapfish pictures here in a couple of days.

See you all back in hell.

hawaii is the bomb. I almost went to the Univ. of Hawaii for grad school. Honestly, the only thing that held me back, was how small Oahu was. I think I'd go stir crazy after about six months.

OrnotBitwise
01-14-2007, 06:22 PM
I be jealous.

Go for it, Beefy. We need a JPP outpost in the mid-pacific anyway.

Beefy
01-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Yep, the ball is already in motion. I'll be hanging my hat there by July 1, '07, hopefully far sooner. What a helluva place.

Enjoy this slideshow:
http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/mbl727/?action=view&current=1168907572.pbw

Cancel7
01-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Yep, the ball is already in motion. I'll be hanging my hat there by July 1, '07, hopefully far sooner. What a helluva place.

Enjoy this slideshow:
http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/mbl727/?action=view&current=1168907572.pbw

Very nice Beefy. If you're in the position where you can just pack everything up and move and feel confident of getting a job there and all of that, then that's great. Good luck.

And you've lost a lot of weight.

Beefy
01-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Very nice Beefy. If you're in the position where you can just pack everything up and move and feel confident of getting a job there and all of that, then that's great. Good luck.

And you've lost a lot of weight.

Yeah, I don't have a girlfriend, my job as a carnie can be waged from just about anywhere on the planet, and I'm not above working at McDonalds to make ends meet until I find something better. Kind of like Dano.

I just need to spend about $4K to do it, and that will be no sweat. I just want to have my burger-flipper gig and an apartment lined up before I get there.

uscitizen
01-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Been thinking of moving to Montana, I have had my eye on a little dental floss ranch up there for some time. Yippie yi yo ti yaay.

Augustine
01-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Hawaii is OK. But if you've ever visited Independence, Missouri, you'd know that is God's country. Napa Valley is right up there, too.

Beefy
01-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Hawaii is OK. But if you've ever visited Independence, Missouri, you'd know that is God's country. Napa Valley is right up there, too.

God's got a lot of country, and I've seen some parts of it, Hawaii is just the next part I'm going to live.

Then Greenland, then Ireland, then Maine, Alaska and Columbia. Then I'm finding me a wife, and settling in in Seattle.

Damocles
01-16-2007, 09:43 PM
God's got a lot of country, and I've seen some parts of it, Hawaii is just the next part I'm going to live.

Then Greenland, then Ireland, then Maine, Alaska and Columbia. Then I'm finding me a wife, and settling in in Seattle.
Ewww... Settling in the middle of a sea of liberal?

Move to New Hampshire when you settle, people you vote for might actually get into office!

Augustine
01-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Then I'm finding me a wife,

Good plan!

and settling in in Seattle.

Bad plan! Seattle weather is undesirable.

Have you been to Oklahoma?

Damocles
01-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Good plan!

Bad plan! Seattle weather is undesirable.

Have you been to Oklahoma?
Keep pointing them away from Montana and I'll be happy... Just keep pointing them elsewhere! ;)

Beefy
01-16-2007, 10:36 PM
Keep pointing them away from Montana and I'll be happy... Just keep pointing them elsewhere! ;)

Don't worry, I'm staying near the ocean from here on out.