PDA

View Full Version : Ok.. some light fun ...

klaatu
08-06-2006, 08:59 AM
There was a post in FP.com.... stating the English are the best.. not clear as to why they are the best.. just.. they are the best ...

Well... I take exception to this.... I think the Italians have a claim for this particular trophy ... ;)

Heres why ....

Actually ... come to think of it .... I think the Italians are the best .....

Lets look at the track record ....

Most recently ... Soccer (football) Who plays the game with more style,flair and entertainment?

Food ... c'mon ... undisputed champs ....even the descendants here in America rule the food department ...

Art ... The Italian renaissance has never been surpassed ... Michelangelo and Da Vinci ..

Italian Archicteture .... admittedly ... this is up for grabs ... but the Italians are right up their amongst the best....

Shoes ...

Clothes ... who wouldnt die for an Italian made suit?

Automobiles ... A Maseratti, Lamborghini or Alfa Romeo anyone? Hell.. I'll settle for a Ferrari Testarossa

Wine ... ... the French and Californians may argue but where did the Californians learn their craft?

Olives and Olive Oil? Greeks may argue.. and the do have a good case ... but Olive and Italian go together like bread and butter

Speaking of Bread ... hehehehe ...

greatest City? Does Rome have a claim? At least a claim?

Should I go on?

again .... ;)

toby
08-06-2006, 09:07 AM
I say the USA is best, we can pick and choose from all the world and use what we like and discard the rest.

Food, why I like my pasta Itialian style or my lo mein.
Sports, its all good
Art, We can fake it all
Cars, Maseratti $200,000 Corvette 50,000 and just as fast and good

The USA best!

BRUTALITOPS
08-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Italy rocks. I agree.