PDA

View Full Version : The Redhead

Brent
08-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Remember me telling you guys about that chick at work?

She asked me out a few evenings ago. My response?

I turned her down. :thup:

FUCK THE POLICE
08-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Moron.

Brent
08-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Moron.

She was not my type, Watermark. She looks good, but has no morals. Why would I want to be just another notch to a bedpost when I can wait for a meaningful relationship with a Christian woman?

FUCK THE POLICE
08-05-2006, 07:22 PM
You probably did her a BIG favor.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-05-2006, 07:23 PM
What did she do that was so evil? Read Harry Potter? Kiss a man once three years ago?

Brent
08-05-2006, 07:24 PM
What did she do that was so evil? Read Harry Potter? Kiss a man once three years ago?

No, she's just dirty.

Damocles
08-05-2006, 07:25 PM
You are going to regret this in the future there, Brent.

Brent
08-05-2006, 07:27 PM
You are going to regret this in the future there, Brent.

No I won't. I'm waiting for someone better, who has already shown a great deal of interest in me.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-05-2006, 07:28 PM
She's dirty?

What do you mean by that?

Beefy
08-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Jesus would have wanted you to live a little. That's why he blessed you with bodily urges. You my friend, are going to have one wicked ass midlifer. Brace yourself.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Did she make a joke with the word "sex" in it?

OH THE HORROR!

Beefy
08-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Did she make a joke with the word "sex" in it?

OH THE HORROR!

Maybe she's dirty because she POOPS!! Oh the Humanity!!!

FUCK THE POLICE
08-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Oh, come on. Being dirty is a good thing.

Maybe you can screw her, and put a quick end to this fascist phase.

Brent
08-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Maybe you can screw her,

Precisely what she had in mind.

I'm holding out for something meaningful.

Damocles
08-05-2006, 08:16 PM
I'm telling you from the perspective of somebody who has been there, you are going to regret this. Don't be a fool turning down the girl who had you so "smitten" before just because you believe she plans on nailing ya...

Brent
08-05-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm telling you from the perspective of somebody who has been there, you are going to regret this. Don't be a fool turning down the girl who had you so "smitten" before just because you believe she plans on nailing ya...

I liked her when I thought she was a good girl. I'm not attracted to dirty chicks, Damo. They turn me off. I'm not even attracted to her anymore.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-05-2006, 08:27 PM

So, if you ahve sex with someone, your relationship is no longer meaningful?

And I doubt any women would have sex with you.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-05-2006, 08:29 PM
You probaby don't even know anything about her, although you're probably wacked off to the thought of entering her 10 or 20 times since you met her.

You're probably off on the sex thing anyway. In normal people world, we do something called "flirting", which is usually playful.

Brent
08-05-2006, 08:38 PM
You probaby don't even know anything about her, although you're probably wacked off to the thought of entering her 10 or 20 times since you met her.

You're probably off on the sex thing anyway. In normal people world, we do something called "flirting", which is usually playful.

No, I'm by no means misinterpreting anything.

But I have long suspected you are all talk, Watermark. :) You're probably a fat kid (250+ lbs) who can't get any, so you make up stories to live out your fantasy life on the internet.

Damocles
08-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Like stories about redheads who want to date Napoleon Dynamite wearing a blonde wig?

Brent
08-05-2006, 08:43 PM
Like stories about redheads who want to date Napoleon Dynamite wearing a blonde wig?

:rolleyes: As if I actually care if you believe me or not?

Damocles
08-05-2006, 08:45 PM
:rolleyes: As if I actually care if you believe me or not?
Don't take it all personally there, Brent... It's called teasing, I am sure you have even participated in it!

:cof1:

Brent
08-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Don't take it all personally there, Brent... It's called teasing, I am sure you have even participated in it!

:cof1:

It's difficult to detect sarcasm on the net, Damo. ;)

Beefy
08-05-2006, 09:00 PM
It's difficult to detect sarcasm on the net, Damo. ;)

Even if it wasn't sarcasm, its on your own site bdw! By the way, I'm geading up to wa in a couple of weeks. Lets get a couple of shots.

Damocles
08-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Brent does shots?

Beefy
08-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Brent does shots?

Yeah, he shoots up, rolled up sleeves and all. Actually, he likes German Beer, and cheap pool cues.

Damocles
08-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah, he shoots up, rolled up sleeves and all. Actually, he likes German Beer, and cheap pool cues.
Why would he like the cheap cues... Mine cost somebody several hundred dollars... I then won it from them. Ironically, I won it playing Eucher, not pool.

gonzojournals
08-05-2006, 09:57 PM

Brent--- we've seen pics of you. No way she was in it for the sex. Are you rich?

gonzojournals
08-05-2006, 10:01 PM
By the way, you aren't fooling anyone by adding the imperative thing--- those are the Fourteen Words recited by neo-Nazis as a sort of sick mantra.
The axis of evil to America consists of rigid ideology, socio-economic castes that keep people from upward mobility, and a general lack of work ethic and/or acceptance of consequences.

Oh, and faggy skinheads like you. You didn't even choose a cool fascist--- Franco was the pussy of the Fascists....even more than his Italian buddy.

Brent
08-05-2006, 11:01 PM
Brent--- we've seen pics of you. No way she was in it for the sex. Are you rich?

Gonzo,

You have yet to post a picture of yourself.
That fact alone speaks for itself.

Brent
08-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Oh, and faggy skinheads like you. You didn't even choose a cool fascist--- Franco was the pussy of the Fascists....even more than his Italian buddy.

Franco, like me, was very "moderate" in his fascism. I admire him because of that. He wasn't a hardliner like Mussolini, who was willing to sell his soul to the devil in exchange for more power. I agree with a lot of Mussolini's ideology, but he was a sellout.

gonzojournals
08-06-2006, 12:17 AM
A) there is no moderate Fascism
B) you didn't address the rest of my post--- i.e. your Nazi bullshit
C) Maybe, just maybe, that since I have a successful career and can't afford to lose my future due to my fucking around in political forums I don't have the leisure of posting my picture just like some loser who works at a grocery store....sorry if that upsets you, but I could get into trouble...especially since I have to keep quiet on what I believe....I don't want to get blacklisted for having a brain.

BRUTALITOPS
08-06-2006, 12:37 AM

no need to get personal.

Brent
08-06-2006, 01:28 AM
A) there is no moderate Fascism
B) you didn't address the rest of my post--- i.e. your Nazi bullshit
C) Maybe, just maybe, that since I have a successful career and can't afford to lose my future due to my fucking around in political forums I don't have the leisure of posting my picture just like some loser who works at a grocery store....sorry if that upsets you, but I could get into trouble...especially since I have to keep quiet on what I believe....I don't want to get blacklisted for having a brain.

A) Yes there is.

B) I wrote those words by myself. Nazis did not write them.

C) You're correct that I'm poor, but only because I have thousands of dollars tied up in investments. I'm in fact making about a hundred dollars per day just from these investments. The investments are on the risky side, but my portfolio is diversified enough that the level of risk is widely dispersed. I will continue this until I have enough for a very large down payment on a house -- probably, in about two to three years. But ideally I want to pay for a house in cash.

And I don't work at a grocery store -- I'm a computer technician. I also happen to have an exceptional IQ. It ranges from the 130s to the 150s, depending on the form of test. That means I'm at least 36% above average. What is your IQ?

FUCK THE POLICE
08-06-2006, 06:02 AM
No, I'm by no means misinterpreting anything.

But I have long suspected you are all talk, Watermark. :) You're probably a fat kid (250+ lbs) who can't get any, so you make up stories to live out your fantasy life on the internet.

I have done little to romanticize my drab existence.

gonzojournals
08-06-2006, 09:39 PM
A) Yes there is.

B) I wrote those words by myself. Nazis did not write them.

C) You're correct that I'm poor, but only because I have thousands of dollars tied up in investments. I'm in fact making about a hundred dollars per day just from these investments. The investments are on the risky side, but my portfolio is diversified enough that the level of risk is widely dispersed. I will continue this until I have enough for a very large down payment on a house -- probably, in about two to three years. But ideally I want to pay for a house in cash.

And I don't work at a grocery store -- I'm a computer technician. I also happen to have an exceptional IQ. It ranges from the 130s to the 150s, depending on the form of test. That means I'm at least 36% above average. What is your IQ?

1) You added the imperative part, but the part about securing the future of our children is straight out of the Fourteen Words--- look it up. I challenge anyone on this site to google it and see if I am wrong.
2) Point being, I still need anonymity--- I can't flash my shit around like you, so drop it and stop trying to get my picture.
3) I have taken an IQ test twice in my life....once I got a 152, and once I got a 135....so fuck you. Besides, an IQ is a made-up concept to begin with. There are people with lower IQs than myself that are much better at certain areas, like math.

gonzojournals
08-06-2006, 09:39 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

Brent
08-06-2006, 11:59 PM
So what? Maybe I loosely remembered that phrase and used it for my own purpose. The point being, I did not intentionally borrow a Nazi slogan. And I'm keeping my signature just the way it is.

gonzojournals
08-07-2006, 02:32 AM
If I read something and unintentionally plagiarize, I'm still held liable.

DigitalDave
08-07-2006, 10:57 AM
You turned the redhead down? Dude, be prepared to be labeled 'gay'. That's probably why she asked you out anyways. She thought you were gay so she was just making sure. Now you're screwed.

klaatu
08-07-2006, 11:02 AM
brent .. you could be a good person and still enjoy the putang pie .... learn how to enjoy life little Brother .. enjoy it ....
You are not married .. so go out and earn some stripes .....

OrnotBitwise
08-07-2006, 11:02 AM
Now you're screwed.
Wait a minute. I thought he turned her down? I miss something?

gonzojournals
08-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Brent will probably never enjoy life, as he must overcome his overwhelming need to suck at it.

DigitalDave
08-07-2006, 02:53 PM
Brent's pick-up line:

"I see you're drinking 1%, do you think you're fat? Cause your not. You could probably drink whole milk if you want."

Brent, do you have any skills? Girls only want guys that have great skills.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-07-2006, 03:29 PM
We must secure the existence of Earth people and a future for all children.

Topspin
08-07-2006, 04:40 PM
he's gay comeon, just not out of the closet yet

gonzojournals
08-07-2006, 05:14 PM
That is the modified version for non-racists.

Brent
08-08-2006, 01:25 AM
he's gay comeon, just not out of the closet yet

Funny... you liberals talk about how it's "OK to be gay," but then you call conservatives gay, as if being gay is an insult. In other words, you liberals really hate homosexuals.

You are no different than Hitler. Use a group of people to get into power, and once in power, exterminate them.

DigitalDave
08-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Funny... you liberals talk about how it's "OK to be gay," but then you call conservatives gay, as if being gay is an insult. In other words, you liberals really hate homosexuals.

You are no different than Hitler. Use a group of people to get into power, and once in power, exterminate them.

LOL, no, we aren't saying its bad to be gay. We know how much you hate gays, and it we know it burns your ass to be accused of being gay. We know you are just holding back but you'd get much more respect for admitting it.

AnyOldIron
08-08-2006, 10:44 AM

Brent, you are in desperate need of getting laid. You might not think so, but you are....

evince
08-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Hes in desprate need of exploring life for himself instead of just accepting what has been drilled into his brain from the momment he opened his eyes for the first time.

Life has many paths and some never honestly examine the right one for themselfs and end up living the life someone else constructed for them.

No matter how well meaning these people happened to be its still living the life someone else designed instead of your own life.

AnyOldIron
08-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Hes in desprate need of exploring life for himself instead of just accepting what has been drilled into his brain from the momment he opened his eyes for the first time.

Life has many paths and some never honestly examine the right one for themselfs and end up living the life someone else constructed for them.

No matter how well meaning these people happened to be its still living the life someone else designed instead of your own life.

I agree. But mostly he needs to get laid.... :)

robdastud
08-08-2006, 10:55 AM
No I won't. I'm waiting for someone better, who has already shown a great deal of interest in me.

You planning on living forever?

robdastud
08-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Gonzo,

You have yet to post a picture of yourself.
That fact alone speaks for itself.

brents got a point here.... id bet he looks like that muppet. gonzo.. probably got a huge nose.

evince
08-08-2006, 11:01 AM
I agree. But mostly he needs to get laid.... :)

It couldnt hurt:party:

gonzojournals
08-08-2006, 01:00 PM
brents got a point here.... id bet he looks like that muppet. gonzo.. probably got a huge nose.

I've already addressed Brent's point, and you must have your head too far up your self-important ass to read my response.

Brent
08-08-2006, 05:29 PM
gonzo.. probably got a huge nose.

:D LOL!!

:clink:

gonzojournals
08-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Yes I thought you might get a kick out of that, eight-year-old.

Beefy
08-09-2006, 12:12 AM
Yes I thought you might get a kick out of that, eight-year-old.

His majesty speaks to his subjects. Mark the calendar.

TheDanold
08-10-2006, 08:04 AM
What a stupid thread, why did I waste the last 4 minutes reading it all?

I come for the politics, but I stay for the soap opera...

uscitizen
08-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Yeah, pretty stupid thread. But it did give me more insight into Brent's warped mind. He is a Virgin!

Brent
08-10-2006, 09:36 AM
He is a Virgin!

So what? Is there something inherently wrong with that?

uscitizen
08-10-2006, 09:47 AM
No, nothing wrong with being a virgin, just the reasons why you are a virgin Brent.

DigitalDave
08-10-2006, 10:33 AM
So what? Is there something inherently wrong with that?

Yes, there is something wrong with that.

uscitizen
08-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Let go of your fear Brent and embrace the light.

Brent
08-10-2006, 08:18 PM
No, nothing wrong with being a virgin, just the reasons why you are a virgin Brent.

Why do you hate Christianity?

maineman
08-10-2006, 08:19 PM
why do YOU pretend to be a Christian?

Brent
08-10-2006, 08:37 PM
why do YOU pretend to be a Christian?

Well, maybe I am not a Christian by YOUR defition. Funny how liberal "Christians" claim to be "nonjudgemental" but somehow decide who is or isn't a Christian. Meanwhile, you think the Bible is untrustworthy trash. I honestly don't understand why you don't tear the Old Testament out of your Bible and burn it. What good is it to you?

maineman
08-10-2006, 08:40 PM
no...I just think it is really silly that a guy who claims to be a Christian does not think at all like Christ...instead of asking yourself what JESUS would do, you seem to ask yourself what Moses would do or what Paul would do. The words written in red obviously have no special significance for you... and by your own admission, you are a meanspirited nasty person. Most Christians I know do not aspire to such nastiness as you do.....but oh, I know, the internet made you do it! LOL

maineman
08-10-2006, 08:43 PM
and make no mistake about it, you may or may not be a Christian by MY definition and that is unimportant. There can be no doubt that you do not act in ways that Christ acted..... that is what is important. YOu are just an evil, hypocritical, meanspirited gadfly

Brent
08-10-2006, 08:45 PM
no...I just think it is really silly that a guy who claims to be a Christian does not think at all like Christ...instead of asking yourself what JESUS would do, you seem to ask yourself what Moses would do or what Paul would do. The words written in red obviously have no special significance for you... and by your own admission, you are a meanspirited nasty person. Most Christians I know do not aspire to such nastiness as you do.....but oh, I know, the internet made you do it! LOL

I am "nasty" on the internet because it's not real life. I am permitted to say things here that I would never dream of saying in person. Ultimately, however, things which must be said. And yes I do pay attention to the words in red, such as "Go now and leave your life of sin." (John 8:11) Meanwhile, your wicked church ordains sodomite unions, permits fornication, and other abominations. How do you justify that?

Maybe you should learn to accept the entire Bible instead of just the parts you like. Start out with 2 Timothy 3:16. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." How do you define 'ALL'?

Damocles
08-10-2006, 08:47 PM
and make no mistake about it, you may or may not be a Christian by MY definition and that is unimportant. There can be no doubt that you do not act in ways that Christ acted..... that is what is important. YOu are just an evil, hypocritical, meanspirited gadfly
Hmmm... There was this line I think it began, "For all have sinned..."

It is easy to tell another what they do wrong by their religion, but that particular religion, like almost all others likes you to focus on yourself rather than every other person.

Those Christians best suited to teaching are also the most understanding of this particular line, those that are not struggle to take the advice of another verse, "Take the mote from your eye..."

Amazingly they were both spoken by somebody they kept quoting in red.

Brent
08-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Hmmm... There was this line I think it began, "For all have sinned..."

It is easy to tell another what they do wrong by their religion, but that particular religion, like almost all others likes you to focus on yourself rather than every other person.

Those Christians best suited to teaching are also the most understanding of this particular line, those that are not struggle to take the advice of another verse, "Take the mote from your eye..."

Amazingly they were both spoken by somebody they kept quoting in red.

I've repeatedly asked Maineman why he does not remove the parts he doesn't like and burn them. He won't answer. I wonder why?

maineman
08-10-2006, 08:51 PM
amazingly, I am not the one beating people over the head for "hating Christianity"

give me a fucking break. you allow that slanderous unrepentant asshole dixie to post on this site and censor me and now you give ME shit for calling the little Frano loving PRICK for his " holier than thou" pontificating?

There is getting to be a bit too fucking much preaching from the moderator on THIS site if you ask me

Damocles
08-10-2006, 08:51 PM
I've repeatedly asked Maineman why he does not remove the parts he doesn't like and burn them. He won't answer. I wonder why?
What do you think about the fact that Christ speaks, in current scripture, of the Book of Enoch and teaches from it, but it was excluded from modern bibles?

How much else do you think important was lost to man's arrogance?

And, Brent, I could have quoted either poster. Pointing out the failings of others is also a failing by your religion....

maineman
08-10-2006, 08:52 PM
I keep wondering why a purported CHRISTIAN pays way more attention to the words of everyone else in the Bible except Jesus.

Damocles
08-10-2006, 08:53 PM
amazingly, I am not the one beating people over the head for "hating Christianity"

give me a fucking break. you allow that slanderous unrepentant asshole dixie to post on this site and censor me and now you give ME shit for calling the little Frano loving PRICK for his " holier than thou" pontificating?

There is getting to be a bit too fucking much preaching from the moderator on THIS site if you ask me
I gave Brent the same there MM. Nobody is "getting away with" anything here, and I am not posting as a Moderator. One can either take advice or throw it away, it was given freely in good faith.

Damocles
08-10-2006, 08:55 PM
I've never been out to "hurt" anybody... I think you are both Christians, with all the same failings as every other Christian.

Brent
08-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Maineman,

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." (2 Timothy 3:16) How do you define 'ALL'?

Damo,

Wasn't the Book of Enoch discovered fairly recently? If I understand correctly, it is Canonized by Ethiopian Christians in the same way the Apocrypha was Canonized by Martin Luther: not inspired, per se, but good for education.

TheDanold
08-10-2006, 09:18 PM
I gave Brent the same there MM. Nobody is "getting away with" anything here, and I am not posting as a Moderator. One can either take advice or throw it away, it was given freely in good faith.
Damn it Damo, your line was supposed to be:
"Boohoo, go drown your sorrows with Popeye and a tall boy of spinach."

Maineman loves to play the victim, it must be nice to go through life and never have to take any responsibility for anything, while simultaneously pretending that so much is against you...but then most people kind of grow out of that when they leave their teens.

Brent
08-10-2006, 09:19 PM
I think it is obvious the Book of Enoch is not inspired. If it were inspired, I believe the majority of Christians would accept it. The Holy Spirit would lead Chirstians to the truth.

IF it is true, Christians will accept it in the future. Same goes for the Book of Mormon (which I doubt is a hoax, but I know not where/how Joseph Smith secured the record).

Brent
08-10-2006, 09:22 PM
1. go through life and never have to take any responsibility for anything,

2. pretending that so much is against you

3. most people kind of grow out of that when they leave their teens.

You've accurately summarized liberalism. It IS a mental disorder. Liberals are either naive like children, just plain stupid, or evil. I would classify Maineman as naive. He is a sniveling child.

Damocles
08-10-2006, 09:25 PM
I think it is obvious the Book of Enoch is not inspired. If it were inspired, I believe the majority of Christians would accept it. The Holy Spirit would lead Chirstians to the truth.

IF it is true, Christians will accept it in the future. Same goes for the Book of Mormon (which I doubt is a hoax, but I know not where/how Joseph Smith secured the record).
Clearly Christ accepted it there, Brent, hence his reference to it in his teaching. It seems to me that if God accepted it, Christians today probably would too if the Council of Nicea were truly inspired. Arrogance is not the Voice of God speaking to you...

maineman
08-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Maineman,

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." (2 Timothy 3:16) How do you define 'ALL'?

it is typical of you to avoid any quotations in red when attempting to justify your continued refusal to follow the words in red...

and you call yourself a Christian?

whatever

Brent
08-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Clearly Christ accepted it there, Brent, hence his reference to it in his teaching. It seems to me that if God accepted it, Christians today probably would too if the Council of Nicea were truly inspired. Arrogance is not the Voice of God speaking to you...

The point being, Damo, we do not know to which Book of Enoch Christ was referring. The current version is probably corrupted. Arrogance? You want us to accept whatever books are discovered, regardless of how doubtful their sources?

TheDanold
08-10-2006, 09:33 PM
You've accurately summarized liberalism. It IS a mental disorder. Liberals are either naive like children, just plain stupid, or evil. I would classify Maineman as naive. He is a sniveling child.
Not really naive, just he tries to feel where he should think.

Liberals desire a child's Neverland world. One in which the ultimate state is to have all of the freedom in the world with none of the responsibility that must go with it.

They want the freedom to do drugs but desire government addiction and treatment programs - provided by others.
They want the freedom to allow prostitutes but desire government healthcare and publicly funded AIDS research - provided by others.
They want to dole out government goodies, while ensuring that no perceived need ever goes unfulfilled - provided by others.
And on and on...

Sooner or later honest hardworking people start asking themselves "What's the point in trying to be responsible?" and the dependence and irresponsibility can only cascade from there.

Brent
08-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Maineman is a child. He repeatedly ignores my question.

Brent
08-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Not really naive, just he tries to feel where he should think.

Liberals desire a child's Neverland world. One in which the ultimate state is to have all of the freedom in the world with none of the responsibility that must go with it.

They want the freedom to do drugs but desire government addiction and treatment programs - provided by others.
They want the freedom to allow prostitutes but desire government healthcare and publicly funded AIDS research - provided by others.
They want to dole out government goodies, while ensuring that no perceived need ever goes unfulfilled - provided by others.
And on and on...

Sooner or later honest hardworking people start asking themselves "What's the point in trying to be responsible?" and the dependence and irresponsibility can only cascade from there.

Well-said.

Damocles
08-10-2006, 09:39 PM
The point being, Damo, we do not know to which Book of Enoch Christ was referring. The current version is probably corrupted. Arrogance? You want us to accept whatever books are discovered, regardless of how doubtful their sources?
The book of Enoch has been uncorrupted for a long time. It was never a "lost" book. It is included in the Ethiopian Orthodox Texts (they missed the Nicea memo)...

Brent
08-10-2006, 09:49 PM
The book of Enoch has been uncorrupted for a long time. It was never a "lost" book. It is included in the Ethiopian Orthodox Texts (they missed the Nicea memo)...

It was isolated in Ethopia until around the 17th century, was it not? I for one consider that "lost." It was unavailable to the rest of the world.

Damocles
08-10-2006, 10:04 PM
No, there were version in Greek and it was available in the library, but excluded by that Priest who brought the books forward for approval at Nicea. The Greek and Ehtiopian version differ slightly in translation, but only in translation. This was an uncorrupted book, as uncorrupted as many accepted ones.

Brent
08-10-2006, 10:20 PM
No, there were version in Greek and it was available in the library, but excluded by that Priest who brought the books forward for approval at Nicea. The Greek and Ehtiopian version differ slightly in translation, but only in translation. This was an uncorrupted book, as uncorrupted as many accepted ones.

I maintain the belief that IF God intended it to be part of inspired Canon, it would be included in the common Bible. God is sovereign; His word will be preserved.

Damocles
08-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Except it was preserved that God (if you believe that Jesus was indeed God) used it to teach, but we know it is not included. Man screwed that one up... That is the Arrogance to which I referred.

Beefy
08-10-2006, 10:29 PM
I maintain the belief that IF God intended it to be part of inspired Canon, it would be included in the common Bible. God is sovereign; His word will be preserved.

Why do God's intentions only pertain to the written word? Why don't his intentions pertain to things like the Holocaust or Etheopia? His intentions are more important to what is written than human suffering? Your God can be a real dick. My god is kick back, a free will kind of god.

Brent
08-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Except it was preserved that God (if you believe that Jesus was indeed God) used it to teach, but we know it is not included. Man screwed that one up... That is the Arrogance to which I referred.

There are in fact 3 Books of Enoch. And, interestingly, most scholars doubt they were authored by Enoch:

Most modern scholars consider the Enochic literature to be pseudepigraphal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch

That's not arrogance, Damo.

Clearly God does not want the Books of Enoch in our Bible.

Damocles
08-10-2006, 10:39 PM
Once again, God (if you believe Jesus was God) used it to teach, as Canon... To say now that "God clearly doesn't want it" is simply rubbish. It is arrogance to assume that God isn't perfect... while the choices of men are. Especially when the religion specifically notes that God is perfect. Which text do you want to ignore, the one where Christ (God Himself) uses the book as Canon? Or the one where it says that God (Christ) is perfect?

The whole, "doubt it was written by Enoch" thing is ridiculous. God (Christ) used it as Canon to Teach... That should be good enough for any imperfect human.

You can keep ignoring the whole "God used it to Teach" thing, but it isn't going to go away. Two of those books were Christian Texts... the other is a Hebrew text. I have read them all, the differences are minimal.

Brent
08-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Damo, I would like to clarify something.

The Bible does not necessarily include ALL the inspired scripture in existence. I believe it is possible there are other accounts which are inspired by God, which aren't included in the Bible. It is possible Enoch is such an example. Also possible, though admittedly less likely, is the Book of the Restored Covenants, also known as the Book of Mormon. (It would make sense that this is a separate account, however, since it deals with an entirely separate group of people).

However, whichever books ARE in the Bible ARE inspired. In other words, while not necessarily all inspired books are in the Bible, all books in the Bible are necessarily inspired. That is what is truly important: that we can trust the written word of God. I believe that is what 2 Timothy 3:16 emphasizes. The Bible tells no lies.

My point here was to point out that Maineman believes there are lies in the Bible, that the Bible cannot be trusted. In response I suggested he should remove the parts of the Bible he doesn't like because they're of no use to him.

Once again, God (if you believe Jesus was God) used it to teach, as Canon... To say now that "God clearly doesn't want it" is simply rubbish. It is arrogance to assume that God isn't perfect...

You are conveniently ignoring the possibility that those books became corrupted.

Damocles
08-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Which? Christ's quotes? Or the Book of Enoch... When between three the differences are so minimal it pretty much tells you they are not corrupted. The Hebrew version was deliberately changed later and that one is known so you compare the two that were separated before and find the differences almost non-existent... That is not a corrupted text. It is, in fact, where most Angelology and Demonology texts directly relate to, including the ones used by the Catholic Church... the same church that denied the inclusion of the text with the information that they actually use!

It is a fascinating text, and one of the most clearly "Inspired" texts that were not included.

Damocles
08-10-2006, 10:50 PM
I've been fascinated by the texts that were not included in the "Canon"... I feel far more inspired by the Gnostic Texts than by the "inspired" books that were included. There is a depth to them that is part of what was missing long ago when I first realized that I didn't believe as my mother did...

Brent
08-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Which? Christ's quotes? Or the Book of Enoch... When between three the differences are so minimal it pretty much tells you they are not corrupted. The Hebrew version was deliberately changed later and that one is known so you compare the two that were separated before and find the differences almost non-existent... That is not a corrupted text. It is, in fact, where most Angelology and Demonology texts directly relate to, including the ones used by the Catholic Church... the same church that denied the inclusion of the text with the information that they actually use!

It is a fascinating text, and one of the most clearly "Inspired" texts that were not included.

We only have a few excerpts included in the Bible, so there is very little to work with. We can't be sure the remaining 99.5% of those books are trustworthy. Why do most scholars consider it to be pseudepigraphal, as in not written by Enoch?

Damocles
08-10-2006, 10:54 PM
Like much of the books of Moses? Books back then were often Psuedographical... This is no different than most of those books... The idea you cannot test two divergent copies of the same book, look for divergence, find very little and not realize that these are largely uncorrupted is simply "excusing" the ideation of the Arrogant who decided that Christ must have been mistaken when using it as Canon...

Brent
08-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Like much of the books of Moses? Books back then were often Psuedographical... This is no different than most of those books...

Fair enough. But, which books of Moses where Psuedographical?

The idea you cannot test two divergent copies of the same book, look for divergence, find very little and not realize that these are largely uncorrupted is simply "excusing" the ideation of the Arrogant who decided that Christ must have been mistaken when using it as Canon...

I believe God decides what is included in the Bible. He chose not to have Enoch included, for whatever reasons. I believe God has guided the Canon and the existing Canon is the one He intends us to keep. However, if I am wrong, it will be added in the future.

The point here, Damocles, is that while not all of the inspired texts are in the Bible, all the texts which are included in the Bible are inspired. Meaning, the Bible is perfect whether or not Enoch is included.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-13-2006, 01:12 AM
Fair enough. But, which books of Moses where Psuedographical?

I believe God decides what is included in the Bible. He chose not to have Enoch included, for whatever reasons. I believe God has guided the Canon and the existing Canon is the one He intends us to keep. However, if I am wrong, it will be added in the future.

The point here, Damocles, is that while not all of the inspired texts are in the Bible, all the texts which are included in the Bible are inspired. Meaning, the Bible is perfect whether or not Enoch is included.

I wouldn't see any reason why all of the texts of the bible must have been instpired. If God doesn't play an active role in our lives, it would be very easy for someone to slip something in there just to set out an agenda. For instance, all the texts that deify Christ were made after he died. Reminds me of the deification of Bhudda, there was no reason for it, the belief in a man just went out of control.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-13-2006, 01:18 AM
I doubt that any fanatical follower of christ would deliberately mishandle the bible if he believed it would send him to hell...

Then again, translation is a tricky thing. The most idiotic teacher I've ever had in my life once told me that all language has the same words, it's just written differently. Nothing could be further from the truth. Each language has it's own connatations, different words for the same things that mean different things about those things, different pronunciations themselves produce very different feelings from the words that are spoken. Morphing one language to another makes big corruptions no matter how good the traslator, and the bible has gone through several translations to get to English. No untranslated or uncorrupted text exists, actually, if I am correct. Also, it would be very easy for the tranlator's to slightly change the meanings to more strongly make a point that he THOUGHT god was making, and for a snowball affect to happen in further translations. Whoo... language is a complex thing. God shoulda just written everything in English.

Brent
08-13-2006, 01:32 AM
It begins with faith, Watermark.

If the Bible isn't trustworthy, then our (Christian) faith is in vain, in my opinon.
If one thing isn't true, what else isn't true? The resurrection, perhaps?

That is why I don't like picking and choosing what is inspired and what isn't. The Bible says it's all inspired, and I believe it.

Regards,
Brent

uscitizen
08-14-2006, 04:38 AM
Yep and my granddaughter believes in Santa Claus :)

AnyOldIron
08-14-2006, 05:55 AM

We just know how much homosexuality winds up frustrated little-Hitlers like you Brent.

And even if it was an insult, it doesn't equate to 'hating' gays.

Don't you have logic and reasoning lessons in your school, Brent?

TheDanold
08-14-2006, 07:45 AM

We just know how much homosexuality winds up frustrated little-Hitlers like you Brent.

And even if it was an insult, it doesn't equate to 'hating' gays.

Seems strange to hear a guy who rants on about Jewish Israel and has Hitler's favorite philosopher as his avatar to call someone else "Hitler".
http://www.history.ucsb.edu/faculty/marcuse/classes/133p/133p04papers/MKalishNietzNazi046.htm

Did you also note how Nietzsche was anti-Socialist? I've always found it strange how you who are such a far left Socialist and anti-individualist would affiliate himself with Nietzsche.

uscitizen
08-14-2006, 11:54 AM
//

Probably not, I suspect Brent went to a religious operated school. where does logic fit into religion ?

Brent
08-14-2006, 12:37 PM
I was home-schooled from age 9 to 16, when I began my college studies.

uscitizen
08-14-2006, 12:46 PM
Even worse for you brent as far as you blending in with society.

LadyT
08-14-2006, 12:48 PM

Somehow, that explains a lot.

Brent
08-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Even worse for you brent as far as you blending in with society.

I actually blend quite well, thanks.

LadyT
08-14-2006, 12:49 PM

Nah. you openly admit you like the idea of fascism. That's not blending.

gonzojournals
08-14-2006, 12:50 PM
Seems strange to hear a guy who rants on about Jewish Israel and has Hitler's favorite philosopher as his avatar to call someone else "Hitler".
http://www.history.ucsb.edu/faculty/marcuse/classes/133p/133p04papers/MKalishNietzNazi046.htm

Did you also note how Nietzsche was anti-Socialist? I've always found it strange how you who are such a far left Socialist and anti-individualist would affiliate himself with Nietzsche.

Well considering Nietzche predated the Nazis by sometime and that his words were twisted by them, I don't think that is a valid point.

Also, he isn't ranting about JEWISH Israel, but Israel itself.

I am serious, I think you people literally have no brains if you can't distinguish between the two.

gonzojournals
08-14-2006, 12:52 PM

That does explain so much--- mommy was always telling him that he was the smartest kid in the world, so he grew up to believe it. He also missed out on the social skills of high school and the age experience of college. No wonder he is so fucked up.

uscitizen
08-14-2006, 01:26 PM

But girls are nasty and to be avoided because the like sex ?
Yeah you blend in well :)

Brent
08-14-2006, 02:04 PM
But girls are nasty and to be avoided because the like sex ?
Yeah you blend in well :)

No, I simply choose to avoid close relationships with young women who might attempt to corrupt me. I can be friends with them, but I am not going to put myself in a situation where I'm alone with them. An example is that co-worker of mine. She is a pastor's daughter who is rebelling.

I believe sexual relations are fine within marriage. No, not just fine -- necessary. :)

uscitizen
08-14-2006, 02:07 PM
You don't even realize how screwed up you are Brent.

OrnotBitwise
08-14-2006, 02:12 PM
No, I simply choose to avoid close relationships with young women who might attempt to corrupt me. I can be friends with them, but I am not going to put myself in a situation where I'm alone with them. An example is that co-worker of mine. She is a pastor's daughter who is rebelling.

I believe sexual relations are fine within marriage. No, not just fine -- necessary. :)
Be sure not to let any black cats cross your path either. Oh, and careful with the mirrors.

uscitizen
08-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Mirrors will steal your soul!!!!!

Damocles
08-14-2006, 02:22 PM
Mirrors will steal your soul!!!!!
That's cameras... Geez!

uscitizen
08-14-2006, 02:25 PM
Mirrors before cameras.

Brent
08-14-2006, 02:30 PM
You don't even realize how screwed up you are Brent.

I'm "screwed up" for wanting to remain chaste for my wife?

For not wanting to screw around in meaningless relationships?

LadyT
08-14-2006, 02:34 PM
No, I simply choose to avoid close relationships with young women who might attempt to corrupt me. I can be friends with them, but I am not going to put myself in a situation where I'm alone with them.....

That's not why you odn't 'blend in'. If you want to wait until you find the love of your life, then great. The issues with you are going to be your chauvinist views and your belief that women are to be subservient to men. Good luck with that.

uscitizen
08-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Wanting to be like franco or someone like that is not screwed up ?
No clue at all. the sex thing is just one corner of your messed up mind.

Afraid to be alone with a woman ? don't have very much faith in yourself do you Brent.

uscitizen
08-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Will you require a DR's certificate of virginity before you will marry a female Brent ?

Brent
08-14-2006, 02:37 PM
That's not why you odn't 'blend in'. If you want to wait until you find the love of your life, then great. The issues with you are going to be your chauvinist views and your belief that women are to be subservient to men. Good luck with that.

At least 75% of my (female) friends agree wives should be submissive to their husbands. They also believe husbands should love their wives. I happen to agree. So long as a couple agrees to this arrangement, it is none of your concern. We believe it is the Biblical marriage based on Ephesians chapter five and several other parts of the Bible.

Brent
08-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Will you require a DR's certificate of virginity before you will marry a female Brent ?

That will not be necessary.

uscitizen
08-14-2006, 02:39 PM
So Adam and Eve loved each other ?

Brent
08-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Wanting to be like franco or someone like that is not screwed up ?
No clue at all. the sex thing is just one corner of your messed up mind.

Afraid to be alone with a woman ? don't have very much faith in yourself do you Brent.

I said I don't want to be alone with a particular SORT of woman.

Thanks for twisting my words.

uscitizen
08-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Better get the certificate Brent, women lie a lot when trying to catch a man they want. or his money they want :)

uscitizen
08-14-2006, 02:41 PM
My point was Brent that you have very little faith in your ability to avoid temptation.

Brent
08-14-2006, 11:25 PM
My point was Brent that you have very little faith in your ability to avoid temptation.

What's wrong with admitting I'm weak?

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 08:15 AM
What's wrong with admitting I'm weak?

It shows that your faith is weak. Read the bible a bit more.

Brent
08-15-2006, 11:43 AM
It shows that your faith is weak. Read the bible a bit more.

Having faith does not mean all of our faults magically disappear.

God wants us to learn and overcome our faults.

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 11:46 AM
//

you answered yourself Brent.

OrnotBitwise
08-15-2006, 12:09 PM
Having faith does not mean all of our faults magically disappear.

Including the superstitious belief that the bible represents an actual account of history?

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Actually if you leave out the god helping Israel parts, I think the old testament is pretty much historical.
Of course you have to drop Adam and Eve, Moses parting the waters, etc out.