PDA

View Full Version : The Overton Window is open

Noah Gardner
06-13-2010, 01:53 PM
There is a powerful technique called the Overton Window that can shape our lives, our laws, and our future.

It works by manipulating public perception so that ideas previously thought of as radical begin to seem acceptable over time.

Move the Window and you change the debate.

Change the debate and you change the country.

Our own government is a growing threat to freedom.

I've spent a full decade building what most guys would call an outstanding record of success with the ladies. Good looking, great job… I had all the credentials for a killer eHarmony profile.

Molly Ross has convinced me of the existence of a great threat to America which has its source in the government. Molly's hot, but it is an aloof and effortless hotness that almost double-dares you to bring it up.

Exposing the plan, and revealing the conspirators behind it, is the only way to save both the woman I love and the individual freedoms whe once took for granted.

Minister of Truth
06-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Interesting. You almost lost me when you abruptly changed points, but thank God for that last sentence to cement the glue!!

I think this new troll is going to work out well. At least, its a nice departure from Legion (suck on this one, asswhole!!). Thoughts?

ZappasGuitar
06-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Interesting. You almost lost me when you abruptly changed points, but thank God for that last sentence to cement the glue!!

I think this new troll is going to work out well. At least, its a nice departure from Legion (suck on this one, asswhole!!). Thoughts?

The Overton Window is the title of Glenn Beck's new novel...a ridiculous, hackneyed, conspiracy theory pot-boiler.

Canceled1
06-16-2010, 12:38 PM
The Overton Window is the title of Glenn Beck's new novel...a ridiculous, hackneyed, conspiracy theory pot-boiler.

I am sure your lofty opinion, Mr Blimpington, will stun him all the way to the bank!

Amazon.com: The Overton Window (9781439184301): Glenn Beck: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RgGGWILPL.@@AMEPARAM@@51RgGGWILPL

Editorial Reviews

Review
"Glenn Beck has just shattered the fiction barrier. The Overton Window is the perfect all-American thriller."—Brad Thor, #1 New York Times bestselling author

"A novel ripped from today's headlines and destined to be as controversial as it is eye-opening. No matter your politics, this Hitchcockian thriller will have you turning pages well into the night." —James Rollins, New York Times bestselling author

"A visionary work of fiction. One of the best thrillers I've read in years."
—Vince Flynn, New York Times bestselling author

"Glenn Beck never fails to amaze. The Overton Window, a rip-roaring read of the first order, is as good a political thriller as you're going to find this year."
—Nelson DeMille, New York Times bestselling author

ZappasGuitar
06-16-2010, 01:42 PM
I am sure your lofty opinion, Mr Blimpington, will stun him all the way to the bank!

Amazon.com: The Overton Window (9781439184301): Glenn Beck: Books (http://www.amazon.com/Overton-Window-Glenn-Beck/dp/1439184305)

Editorial Reviews

Review
"Glenn Beck has just shattered the fiction barrier. The Overton Window is the perfect all-American thriller."—Brad Thor, #1 New York Times bestselling author

"A novel ripped from today's headlines and destined to be as controversial as it is eye-opening. No matter your politics, this Hitchcockian thriller will have you turning pages well into the night." —James Rollins, New York Times bestselling author

"Glenn Beck never fails to amaze. The Overton Window, a rip-roaring read of the first order, is as good a political thriller as you're going to find this year."

WOW...Beck got good reviews for his book from two guys who are FREQUENT CONTRIBUTORS and REGULAR GUESTS on his show!

How does he do it?

Canceled1
06-16-2010, 01:47 PM
WOW...Beck got good reviews for his book from two guys who are FREQUENT CONTRIBUTORS and REGULAR GUESTS on his show!

How does he do it?

Write a book and find out. I am sure you've got two people who like you...

somewhere....

:cof1:

Noah Gardner
06-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Suit yourself, lady.

I'm telling you right now, you made the rules, but you're playing with fire here.

I've got some rules, too, and rule number one is, don't tease the panther.

Most people think about age and experience in terms of years, but it's really only moments that define us.

We stay mostly the same and then grow up suddenly, at the turning points.

My life being pretty sweet just as it was, I had devoted a great deal of effort in my first twenty-something years to avoiding such defining moments at all costs.

Cancel 2018. 3
06-16-2010, 04:35 PM

have you read the book?

Canceled1
06-16-2010, 05:17 PM
have you read the book?

To quote one of Mr. Blimpington's pat responses when you don't respond to him in his time frame:

Scene: Fat Man standing in too-tight sweat pants and a Frank Zappa 70's t-shirt, 3 sizes too small, showing the lower half of his stretch-marked belly, tapping an unmanicured stubby foot in tevo sandals from 10 Summers ago, while screeching at the top of his lungs:

"See?!! When confronted with the truth, you run away because you can't substantiate this story with anything that is the truth because you got your talking points from some leftwing radical rag....."

Yadda, yadda, yadda. If he wasn't so homely, he'd make a pretty good whiny fat girl.

ZappasGuitar
06-17-2010, 02:00 PM
have you read the book?

Portions of it.

Cancel 2018. 3
06-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Portions of it.

what did you find specifically that was:

ridiculous, hackneyed, conspiracy theory pot-boiler

ZappasGuitar
06-17-2010, 02:58 PM

Specifically?

Well, of the bits I read, there was this character named Yurtsie, and he's basically this douchebag! Always uses real hokey dialogue...you know, standard "dime-store detective novel tripe". The guy also refuses to see the forest for the trees! He's forever making excuses for his friends and making ridiculous demands of those he disagrees with...

That help??

Damocles
06-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Sweet, I'd better get out there and buy it, add it to my "Inconvenient Truth" and other things in my political propaganda section of my library...

Cancel 2018. 3
06-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Specifically?

Well, of the bits I read, there was this character named Yurtsie, and he's basically this douchebag! Always uses real hokey dialogue...you know, standard "dime-store detective novel tripe". The guy also refuses to see the forest for the trees! He's forever making excuses for his friends and making ridiculous demands of those he disagrees with...

That help??

from the guy who whines about people insulting....hypocrite

so you lied about reading any parts from the actual book, rather, you read what someone else said on some left wing site that told you what to think and know you don't actually have an opinion, rather, what some other person thought of the book....

thanks

ZappasGuitar
06-18-2010, 10:09 AM
from the guy who whines about people insulting....hypocrite

so you lied about reading any parts from the actual book, rather, you read what someone else said on some left wing site that told you what to think and know you don't actually have an opinion, rather, what some other person thought of the book....

thanks

That's funny...when have you EVER believed anything I have said?

The truth is, it wouldn't matter whether I had read parts of the book or not. It is OBVIOUS you had already formed an opinion in your head and nothing I said was going to alter your pre-conceived notions.

DamnYankee
06-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Portions of it.The cover?:)

DamnYankee
06-18-2010, 10:21 AM

The truth is, it wouldn't matter whether I had read parts of the book or not. It is OBVIOUS you had already formed an opinion in your head and nothing I said was going to alter your pre-conceived notions.The irony in this post is truly amazing, although it gets second to MidCan's, earlier today.

Southern Woman
06-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Have you no mercy on Zippy? He's totally crushed by your reply!

Cancel 2018. 3
06-18-2010, 11:05 AM

The truth is, it wouldn't matter whether I had read parts of the book or not. It is OBVIOUS you had already formed an opinion in your head and nothing I said was going to alter your pre-conceived notions.

wow...you really are this dishonest and stupid in real life

i formed to no preconcieved notions, HENCE my questions you dumbfuck

so typical of many of the libs on this board, when they have nothing, they just make shit up...i like how you still haven't actually said which portions are conspiracy nut case stuff...thanks again for proving you didn't read any of the book, if youi had, you would have civilly answered my questions and we would have a discussion on it, instread you go off on an ad hom fest and totally leave any rational discussion behind

loser

ZappasGuitar
06-18-2010, 12:15 PM
wow...you really are this dishonest and stupid in real life

i formed to no preconcieved notions, HENCE my questions you dumbfuck

so typical of many of the libs on this board, when they have nothing, they just make shit up...i like how you still haven't actually said which portions are conspiracy nut case stuff...thanks again for proving you didn't read any of the book, if youi had, you would have civilly answered my questions and we would have a discussion on it, instread you go off on an ad hom fest and totally leave any rational discussion behind

loser

The only thing that's been proven is your willingness to assume what you like based on your preconceptions of others.

You ASSUME I haven't read any of the book because you didn't get the answer you wanted...which is more or less how EVERY conversation with you goes.

You ask a question, the respondent doesn't answer it to your liking and you go off with your ridiculous, unfounded assumptions...just like you did with me.

DamnYankee
06-18-2010, 01:00 PM
The only thing that's been proven is your willingness to assume what you like based on your preconceptions of others.

You ASSUME I haven't read any of the book because you didn't get the answer you wanted...which is more or less how EVERY conversation with you goes.

You ask a question, the respondent doesn't answer it to your liking and you go off with your ridiculous, unfounded assumptions...just like you did with me.How much did you read?

ZappasGuitar
06-18-2010, 01:35 PM
How much did you read?

They've got several pages of it available fro reading over at Amazon.

Barnes and Noble have the audiobook available for listening also.

So much for Yurtsie's totally incorrect assumptions.

Damocles
06-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Wow, several pages. That must mean you know everything then, because that's all it takes for Beck to teach you everything, he's just that good.

Cancel 2018. 3
06-18-2010, 02:06 PM

You ask a question, the respondent doesn't answer it to your liking and you go off with your ridiculous, unfounded assumptions...just like you did with me.

LOL....still can't quote anything from book to back up your assertion:

ridiculous, hackneyed, conspiracy theory pot-boiler.

didn't answer to my liking? what a liar, you didn't answer at all, you went on angry rampage of nothing but insults....when you could have easily just pointed out the sections of the book that validate your claim...instead you done nothing but rage and bitch and insult instead of answering a simple question....

you didn't read shit, yiou're a liar

ZappasGuitar
06-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Wow, several pages. That must mean you know everything then, because that's all it takes for Beck to teach you everything, he's just that good.

Perhaps you missed the portion of my post where I stated I had read PORTIONS of the book.

Maybe you hadn't realized yet, but one need not read every single word of a book to form an opinion of it.

Canceled1
06-18-2010, 02:27 PM

So much for Yurtsie's totally incorrect assumptions.

Yeah, yeah, yeah....but WHAT did you read OF THE SEVERAL PAGES AVAILABLE AT AMAZON, AND WHICH PORTION OF THE AUDIO FROM BARNES AND NOBLE, $hit for brains?

You still haven't supported your squeals with anything but MORE SQUEALS!

ZappasGuitar
06-18-2010, 02:28 PM
LOL....still can't quote anything from book to back up your assertion:

didn't answer to my liking? what a liar, you didn't answer at all, you went on angry rampage of nothing but insults....when you could have easily just pointed out the sections of the book that validate your claim...instead you done nothing but rage and bitch and insult instead of answering a simple question....

you didn't read shit, yiou're a liar

Awwwwwwww...is the widdle booboo mad cuz hims didnt get the "proof" immediately after hims stamped hims widdle feet and demanded it?

Is that how you "win" in the courtroom? You whine and cry and stamp your little feet until the jury sides with you just so you will STFU and go away?

My God you are the biggest douche I've ever seen...AGAIN...I did answer. It just wasn't the answer YOU WANTED.

You then started with the standard issue Yurtsie pissing and moaning.

I read portions of the book. I formulated my opinions based on what I read and heard(e-book ya know). Opinions are SUBJECTIVE and therefore I need not explain or defend my comments to you or anyone.

Canceled1
06-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Perhaps you missed the portion of my post where I stated I had read PORTIONS of the book.

Maybe you hadn't realized yet, but one need not read every single word of a book to form an opinion of it.

Uh yeah, but it's suggested you read the black portions, not the white, doofus.

Canceled1
06-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Awwwwwwww...is the widdle booboo mad cuz hims didnt get the "proof" immediately after hims stamped hims widdle feet and demanded it?

Is that how you "win" in the courtroom? You whine and cry and stamp your little feet until the jury sides with you just so you will STFU and go away?

My God you are the biggest douche I've ever seen...AGAIN...I did answer. It just wasn't the answer YOU WANTED.

You then started with the standard issue Yurtsie pissing and moaning.

I read portions of the book. I formulated my opinions based on what I read and heard(e-book ya know). Opinions are SUBJECTIVE and therefore I need not explain or defend my comments to you or anyone.

You didn't read portions. You're completely full of sheep dip.

Cancel 2018. 3
06-18-2010, 02:35 PM
have you read the book?

Portions of it.

Specifically?

That help??

this is zappas "answer"

what a lying moron...how you possibly try and convince anyone that you answered my civil question is beyond me....i was having a rational civil conversation with you and then you go off the deep on some fucking insult fest...

its clear as day you haven't read any of the book, else you would have answered the question...either that, or you know you're full of shit and can't point out anything to substantiate your bullshit claim

ZappasGuitar
06-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah....but WHAT did you read OF THE SEVERAL PAGES AVAILABLE AT AMAZON, AND WHICH PORTION OF THE AUDIO FROM BARNES AND NOBLE, $hit for brains?

You still haven't supported your squeals with anything but MORE SQUEALS!

I read MOST of the several pages available at Amazon.

And I listened to THE FIRST PART of the audiobook available at Barnes & Noble.

Satisfied?

Canceled1
06-18-2010, 02:39 PM
I read MOST of the several pages available at Amazon.

And I listened to THE FIRST PART of the audiobook available at Barnes & Noble.

Satisfied?

You are full of $hit.

ZappasGuitar
06-18-2010, 02:44 PM
You are full of $hit.

And you are a soulless, dried-out gash.

:good4u:

Cancel 2018. 3
06-18-2010, 02:48 PM
You are full of $hit.

absolutely...amazon only has 3 pages available, not "several"...

what is truly funny is beck says his fierce critics will likely call him a conspiracy nut because of a novel and likely they will not have actually read the book....(just like sappa)

lol...beck called that accurately

Damocles
06-18-2010, 02:56 PM

Oh no. I wasn't saying anything bad about you personally, I was just informing you that you now know everything, because Beck is just that good. I know when comparing yourself to Glenn Beck that almost everybody finds themselves wanting in every category (except the weird religion that is) but you shouldn't take what I said as something bad about you. Glenn Beck is who Chuck Norris calls on when he needs somebody to have an intellectual butt-kicking...

ZappasGuitar
06-18-2010, 02:57 PM

what is truly funny is beck says his fierce critics will likely call him a conspiracy nut because of a novel and likely they will not have actually read the book....(just like sappa)

Three pages of Prologue and 11 pages of Chapters 1 & 2.

That's 14 altogether...in other words...SEVERAL.

You are such a douche...but maybe you could help disloyal with her dryness problem.

Canceled2
06-18-2010, 03:52 PM
You are full of $hit.

Add to that 200 lbs of fat; another 100 lbs of pressurized gas; and oodles and oodles of nastiness and you'd have it about right~~~

Canceled1
06-18-2010, 03:55 PM
And you are a soulless, dried-out gash.

:good4u:

And that, fat cellulitic, stanking Heifer with a one inch pinky is JUST how I want you to think of me.

At a thousand yards you induce the strongest to projectile puke.

Canceled.LTroll.28
06-18-2010, 03:58 PM
And that, fat cellulitic, stanking Heifer with a one inch pinky is JUST how I want you to think of me.

At a thousand yards you induce the strongest to projectile puke.

Is it true that you think you look like Jamie Lee?

Canceled1
06-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Three pages of Prologue and 11 pages of Chapters 1 & 2.

That's 14 altogether...in other words...SEVERAL.

You are such a douche...but maybe you could help disloyal with her dryness problem.

You wouldn't be able to shut your fat face if you read any of it. You are constitutionally incapable of keeping that hole in your face shut and that's why you're morbidly obese! We saw your picture, Mr. Blimpington, and YOU KNOW WE SPEAK THE TRUTH! That you try so desperately to backpedal here isn't just fun, it's entertaining.

Nothing better than a stinking rhino in a tutu backpedaling on a trike!

Your wife probably hasn't done you in years you stink so bad from fat body poor hygeine odor.

Vomit!

Canceled2
06-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Is it true that you think you look like Jamie Lee?

No, it's true that everyone who has met her thinks she does~~~Is that a problem for you?

Cancel 2018. 3
06-18-2010, 04:32 PM
No, it's true that everyone who has met her thinks she does~~~Is that a problem for you?

legion troll is just jealous because he is 5'2" and 330 pounds

Canceled.LTroll.28
06-18-2010, 04:33 PM

I don't believe you. Is that a problem for you?

Canceled1
06-18-2010, 04:35 PM
legion troll is just jealous because he is 5'2" and 330 pounds

Stoopid; Same spiel with every name. I guess he gets tired playing with himself all day.

Cancel 2018. 3
06-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Stoopid; Same spiel with every name. I guess he gets tired playing with himself all day.

better watch out, he'll run around the board creating dozens of threads about you in every forum...he is creepy that way

Canceled.LTroll.28
06-18-2010, 04:43 PM
better watch out, he'll run around the board creating dozens of threads about you in every forum...he is creepy that way

Obsessively replying to every post isn't creepy at all.

Canceled.LTroll.28
06-18-2010, 04:44 PM

Is it true you think you look like Jamie Lee?

Noah Gardner
06-18-2010, 05:01 PM
You can't fix everything, and maybe you can't fix anything at all.

It's all too big, and too broken. So don't rock the boat, kid. Just count your blessings, keep your head down, and play the lucky hand that's been dealt to you.

Canceled2
06-18-2010, 06:09 PM
I don't believe you. Is that a problem for you?

Since I have met her and know her...it's all your problem.

ZappasGuitar
06-19-2010, 01:41 PM

How about that?

I prove Mr "fair & balanced"/Yurtsie wrong, and just like the gutless douche we've come to know, he runs away without even having the spine to admit he's wrong.

RUN gutless, douchy Yurtsie, RUN!!

Cancel 2018. 3
06-19-2010, 01:57 PM
you didn't prove me wrong, you lied, simple as that

you could have simply answered my question with a civil tone, instead you go off an angry insult fest rampage...in order to cover up your lie

you are nothing but a sorry liar

AND AS I SAID IN PM, STOP SENDING ME PM'S, THEY WILL BE DELETED AND NOT READ

Cancel 2018. 3
06-19-2010, 01:59 PM
APPARENTLY YOU DON'T FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WELL

STOP SENDING ME PM'S, THEY WILL BE DELETED, SAY IT ON THE BOARD AND STOP YOUR OBSESSIVE PM'S

ZappasGuitar
06-19-2010, 01:59 PM

you could have simply answered my question with a civil tone, instead you go off an angry insult fest rampage...in order to cover up your lie

14 total pages of Beck's book available on Amazon, but that's cool, don't admit you are wrong...it allows me to continue to point out the ridiculous lengths you will go to, to spread lies.

Here's the link to Amazon: Amazon.com: The Overton Window (9781439184301): Glenn Beck: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RgGGWILPL.@@AMEPARAM@@51RgGGWILPL

Cancel 2018. 3
06-19-2010, 02:07 PM
I don't doubt that Beck's poorly-(ghost)written (and possibly plagiarized) booky-wooky will sell to the masses of teabagtards who think 9/11 was an inside job, that doesn't make it a good read.

I browsed through it today at the bookstore, and the reviewers who panned it are right: it sucks.

:crybaby::crybaby:

Cancel 2018. 3
06-19-2010, 02:08 PM
?

wow, i thought even a simpleton such as could understand such plain language

he repeatedly keeps sending me insulting pm's after i instructed him not to....

hopefully your wee brain can comprehend that

Cancel 2018. 3
06-19-2010, 02:13 PM
sappy is right, there are more than 3 pages, i don't know, the other day when i clicked on the same link, it only loaded 3 pages, and that was all

so i didn't lie, but i was wrong

and i highly doubt you read any of it until i called you on your bullshit, further, reading a mere 14 or less pages doesn't entitle one to a complete review of a book...had you read it, you would have continued the civil conversation i was having with you, however, you had to go off on an angry rampage of insults

sadly, you proved glenn beck right, his harshest critics will bash the book without ever having read it

ZappasGuitar
06-19-2010, 02:20 PM

sappy is right, there are more than 3 pages, i don't know, the other day when i clicked on the same link, it only loaded 3 pages, and that was all

so i didn't lie, but i was wrong

and i highly doubt you read any of it until i called you on your bullshit, further, reading a mere 14 or less pages doesn't entitle one to a complete review of a book...had you read it, you would have continued the civil conversation i was having with you, however, you had to go off on an angry rampage of insults

sadly, you proved glenn beck right, his harshest critics will bash the book without ever having read it

Now all that's left is for you to apologize for calling me a "sorry liar"...

Cancel 2018. 3
06-19-2010, 02:25 PM
you lied about reading it

and i will never apologize to assholes like you, you have yet to ever apologize, or admit you're wrong or have lied, therefore, you are unworthy

i at least admit i'm wrong when i am wrong...

ZappasGuitar
06-19-2010, 03:10 PM
you lied about reading it

and i will never apologize to assholes like you, you have yet to ever apologize, or admit you're wrong or have lied, therefore, you are unworthy

i at least admit i'm wrong when i am wrong...

LOL...I knew you wouldn't.

Gutless little RightWing hacks like yourself don't have the backbone to do what they demand of others...

THX for living DOWN to my expectations!:good4u:

DamnYankee
06-19-2010, 03:48 PM

So much for Yurtsie's totally incorrect assumptions. Wow a whole 14 pages (according to you). You're full of shit and you want me to mitigate an argument between you and a female poster, while you use disgusting sexual insults to females?

Noah Gardner
06-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Something about this woman defied a traditional chick-at-a-glance inventory.

Cancel 2018. 3
06-19-2010, 06:34 PM
http://www.etsfsoccer.com/Assets/East+Tennessee+Soccer+Federaration+Digital+Assets/ChickFilet.jpg

Noah Gardner
06-20-2010, 09:21 AM
I've got some rules, too, and rule number one is, don't tease the panther.

Cancel 2018. 3
06-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Groups like the Conservative Book Club purchase thousands of copies of a book by sock puppets like Beck, using money donated from private sources and PACs.

Since the bulk purchases are timed to occur as the book is released, it's possible to create "Number 1 Best Sellers!" more or less on demand

First, we find that Beck didn't even write this awful piece of shit, now it transpires that teabagtard groups could've bulk-purchased thousands of copies to create an illusion of popularity for their nutty fringe theories.

One thing's apparent: while the book's (actually Beck's) detractors may not have read this latest turd to fall from Glenn's rectum, his credulous defenders haven't either.

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Canceled2
06-20-2010, 12:10 PM

Beck wrote the book not the poem...he has said as much. The fact that Beck does a creative job defining how policy is made and how our media is used to manipuate it, makes leftist media typed infuriated.

ZappasGuitar
06-20-2010, 12:23 PM
Beck wrote the book not the poem...he has said as much. The fact that Beck does a creative job defining how policy is made and how our media is used to manipuate it, makes leftist media typed infuriated.

Beck absolutely has NOT "said as much"...

Who actually wrote "Glenn Beck's" The Overton Window?

June 14, 2010 8:47 am ET by Ben Dimiero

While Glenn Beck's name appears on the cover of the remarkably awful upcoming novel, The Overton Window, the title page lists "contributions from" Kevin Balfe, Emily Bestler, and Jack Henderson. According to a profile of Beck in today's USA Today, these "contributions" include writing the actual book [emphasis added]:

Which is why he takes a team approach to writing his own books, including his first political thriller, The Overton Window (Threshold, $25), on sale Tuesday.

On the title page, Beck shares credit with three contributors. He calls the conspiracy novel "my story," but he says Jack Henderson, one of his contributors, "went in and he put the words down."

Others novelists might not acknowledge such help, but Beck, a self-described "fiscal conservative and common-sense libertarian," says, "I'm a team kind of guy."

Later in the profile, Beck explains that there was "no way" he was going to sit down and actually write The Overton Window. What a silly concept, writing the book with your name on it:

As for his team approach to writing, Beck says, "There's clearly no way that I'm sitting behind a typewriter or word program and pounding this out. ... I have my vision and need someone to make sure that vision stays there."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201006140003

How about that...ID talking about something she knows nothing about...what a hack.

DamnYankee
06-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Have you read the book yet Zippy?

Canceled2
06-20-2010, 12:31 PM
How many writers dictate their story? More than ever admit to it, that's how many. Beck, being an honest man, states clearly that it is his story and that he solicited the contributions of a team to put it to paper. Unlike you, Beck has a full time radio and TV gig zappa...course you'll never be more than a voice model :)

Beck absolutely has NOT "said as much"...

Who actually wrote "Glenn Beck's" The Overton Window?

June 14, 2010 8:47 am ET by Ben Dimiero

While Glenn Beck's name appears on the cover of the remarkably awful upcoming novel, The Overton Window, the title page lists "contributions from" Kevin Balfe, Emily Bestler, and Jack Henderson. According to a profile of Beck in today's USA Today, these "contributions" include writing the actual book [emphasis added]:

Which is why he takes a team approach to writing his own books, including his first political thriller, The Overton Window (Threshold, $25), on sale Tuesday.

On the title page, Beck shares credit with three contributors. He calls the conspiracy novel "my story," but he says Jack Henderson, one of his contributors, "went in and he put the words down."

Others novelists might not acknowledge such help, but Beck, a self-described "fiscal conservative and common-sense libertarian," says, "I'm a team kind of guy."

Later in the profile, Beck explains that there was "no way" he was going to sit down and actually write The Overton Window. What a silly concept, writing the book with your name on it:
[I]
As for his team approach to writing, Beck says, "There's clearly no way that I'm sitting behind a typewriter or word program and pounding this out.[/B] ... I have my vision and need someone to make sure that vision stays there."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201006140003

How about that...ID talking about something she knows nothing about...what a hack.

ZappasGuitar
06-20-2010, 12:31 PM

See: post #10.

DamnYankee
06-20-2010, 12:35 PM
See: post #10.See post 61.

Canceled2
06-20-2010, 12:36 PM

After he was called out on it he raced to Amazon and read a few pages and then used the negative reviews of people who actually claim to have read the whole thing...typical.

Cancel 2018. 3
06-20-2010, 12:39 PM
poor sappy....all hate and no cattle

DamnYankee
06-20-2010, 12:50 PM
I don't claim to have read it.

Cancel 2018. 3
06-20-2010, 12:52 PM
None of the Beckophiles have read it either.

Not that I blame them.

There are no pictures, for one thing.

what left wing blog told you to write this?

Cancel 2018. 3
06-20-2010, 12:56 PM

DamnYankee
06-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Nor have I voiced an opinion on it.

Zippy has done both.

ZappasGuitar
06-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Nor have I voiced an opinion on it.

Zippy has done both.

I can voice my opinion because I've at least read portions of the book.

DamnYankee
06-20-2010, 02:33 PM
I can voice my opinion because I've at least read portions of the book. Wow 14 pages, and after you voiced your opinion.

Cancel 2018. 3
06-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Whereas voicing an opinion of an opinion requires no knowledge of the subject?

Cancel 2018. 3
06-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Wow 14 pages, and after you voiced your opinion.

amazing isn't...these particular liberals are just so smart they can read only a portion of 14 pages and claim they know what the entire book is about and can thus spout their opinions....they probably got through school by only reading cliff notes, no wonder they aren't bright...and have to rely on others to tell them what to think

zappygetard and legion troll are all hate and no cattle

Damocles
06-21-2010, 07:30 AM
I leafed through the book yesterday.

No pictures, so it may be too cerebral for you, Yurtsie.
We heard you, it wasn't funny the first time either.

ZappasGuitar
06-21-2010, 12:30 PM
amazing isn't...these particular liberals are just so smart they can read only a portion of 14 pages and claim they know what the entire book is about and can thus spout their opinions....they probably got through school by only reading cliff notes, no wonder they aren't bright...and have to rely on others to tell them what to think

zappygetard and legion troll are all hate and no cattle

Awwwww look. PeePants is still wetting himself because he had to admit he lied.

Hey PeePants...care to show everyone where I said I "know what the entire book is about" as you've claimed??

Care to post a link PeePants? Or was that just another PeePants lie?

Cancel 2018. 3
06-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Awwwww look. PeePants is still wetting himself because he had to admit he lied.

Hey PeePants...care to show everyone where I said I "know what the entire book is about" as you've claimed??

Care to post a link PeePants? Or was that just another PeePants lie?

lol...how old are you?

ZappasGuitar
06-21-2010, 02:05 PM
lol...how old are you?

Can't link to the quote where I said I knew what the entire book is about, eh PeePants?

Thanks for admitting to everyone that you're just another partisan hack out to spread lies and distortion.

DamnYankee
06-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Can't link to the quote where I said I knew what the entire book is about, eh PeePants?

Thanks for admitting to everyone that you're just another partisan hack out to spread lies and distortion. Splitting hairs.

Cancel 2018. 3
06-21-2010, 03:28 PM

Thanks for admitting to everyone that you're just another partisan hack out to spread lies and distortion.

oh, so you're 86, going senile and wear depends....

peepants...lol...i really didn't need to know about your private life

Southern Woman
06-21-2010, 04:18 PM
The Southern Man simply cannot lose a debate.

Again, the weak arguments of the libbies have been exposed by his brilliance.

Canceled1
06-21-2010, 08:58 PM
oh, so you're 86, going senile and wear depends....

peepants...lol...i really didn't need to know about your private life

Well actually since the surgery he's been incontinent, so it's entirely appropriate to call him: "Do-do Drawers".

He'd wear Depends, but they don't make them that large, so he switched to sweats pants.

christiefan915
06-22-2010, 08:54 AM

Isn't that the truth. The gag-worthy purple prose of the portions online tells me not to waste any time or money on the book itself.

ZappasGuitar
06-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Isn't that the truth. The gag-worthy purple prose of the portions online tells me not to waste any time or money on the book itself.

So true so true!

And yet it is the very same Tightie Rightie whiners who pissed and moaned about all that was wrong with the Obama Health Care Bill, DESPITE THE FACT NOT A ONE OF THEM read the Bill in it's entirety, yet these two-faced crybabies now demand I do just that before I am allowed to offer an opinion on Beck's book.

Black & white, cut n' dried Rightie hypocricy

DamnYankee
06-22-2010, 01:55 PM
So true so true!

And yet it is the very same Tightie Rightie whiners who pissed and moaned about all that was wrong with the Obama Health Care Bill, DESPITE THE FACT NOT A ONE OF THEM read the Bill in it's entirety, yet these two-faced crybabies now demand I do just that before I am allowed to offer an opinion on Beck's book.

This is funny, since Obama lied and didn't post the bill online before it was voted on, and Pelosi herself told us that they had to pass it before anyone would know what was in it.

ZappasGuitar
06-22-2010, 02:57 PM
This is funny, since Obama lied and didn't post the bill online before it was voted on, and Pelosi herself told us that they had to pass it before anyone would know what was in it.

What's even funnier is that you haven't read it in it's entirety, yet you make observations regarding it's contents and have opinions on it just the same.

So, to summarize for ol' Two-Face/SM...it's okay for HIM to not have read something cover to cover, yet still hold an opinion.

But I'm not allowed the same courtesy...

Canceled.LTroll.18
06-22-2010, 03:24 PM
The Overton Window is actually a real political concept that most people, it's used every day and most people don't even know what it is. I mean, it's amazing that people don't know what the Overton Window is because we use it instinctively.

Goebbels was a guy who understood the Overton Window.

So understanding it this way, what Obama has done with healthcare is a violation of the Overton Window, right? But we have 60% of the people saying no. We have the rest of the world moving in the other direction. It seems like it's a violation.

I know how this story ends because I know who Americans are at their heart. At their heart they are not big government people. They are not, that's why they have to change our baseball games. Because they've got to train, you know. They have to change our history because if you know history, they're toast.

If you haven't trained your kids to accept the participation trophy and don't keep score at games, they are toast. I know who Americans are at heart and that's why they will fail.

It's just a matter of time. You watch the news? It doesn't match reality.

I know how these dirtbags think and I've read their words for so long here in the last few years, so much of them, and it was just, one of the characters in this, just evil. Just evil.

Cancel 2018. 3
06-22-2010, 04:06 PM
What's even funnier is that you haven't read it in it's entirety, yet you make observations regarding it's contents and have opinions on it just the same.

So, to summarize for ol' Two-Face/SM...it's okay for HIM to not have read something cover to cover, yet still hold an opinion.

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

DamnYankee
06-22-2010, 04:55 PM
LOL @ the newest Legion troll. :cof1:

DamnYankee
06-22-2010, 04:56 PM

You're trying to equate a published book with a 2400 page legal document. Fail.

Canceled1
06-22-2010, 06:49 PM
LOL @ the newest Legion troll. :cof1:

Yeah. Guess selling those writing services is looking a little lean in this economy. There are just so many ways you can say:

I'm busted flat broke.

Canceled1
06-22-2010, 06:50 PM
You're trying to equate a published book with a 2400 page legal document. Fail.

Do-do Drawers is a mess.... :palm:

Damocles
06-22-2010, 06:51 PM
It's a novel, predicted by the author that some people would take too seriously. Kind of like that "The Coming Global Superstorm" by Art Bell.

Canceled2
06-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Yeah. Guess selling those writing services is looking a little lean in this economy. There are just so many ways you can say:

I'm busted flat broke.

Is it any wonder things are so lean? Have you read how that service is advertised...shrill with a large dose of smarmy arrogance about covers it.

Liberty
06-22-2010, 09:20 PM
So true so true!

I'm late to this but,,,,,,

Does the Obama health care bill mandatte that money will be taken out of my income?

Canceled1
06-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Is it any wonder things are so lean? Have you read how that service is advertised...shrill with a large dose of smarmy arrogance about covers it.

She's always been a legend in her own mind.

Canceled2
06-23-2010, 02:35 PM
She's always been a legend in her own mind.

When you're a woman in your mid forties, over-weight, still unmarried and living at home with mom...a puffed-up ego must be neccesary just to get your ass out of bed in the morning?

Canceled.LTroll.2
06-23-2010, 04:04 PM
When you're a woman in your mid forties, over-weight, still unmarried and living at home with mom...a puffed-up ego must be neccesary just to get your ass out of bed in the morning?

Tell Jamie-Lee-wanna-be to give up and just lie there.

Canceled2
06-23-2010, 04:44 PM
speak of the tramp and the tramp shows up: poke poke; nudge nudge; wink wink.

FUCK THE POLICE
06-30-2010, 12:24 AM

Amazon.com: The Overton Window (9781439184301): Glenn Beck: Books (http://www.amazon.com/Overton-Window-Glenn-Beck/dp/1439184305)

Editorial Reviews

Review

LOL @ quoting authors rather than critics.

Simply LOL

FUCK THE POLICE
06-30-2010, 12:25 AM
have you read the book?

Only if I pirate it, so as to not give money to an evil cause.

FUCK THE POLICE
06-30-2010, 12:30 AM
APPARENTLY YOU DON'T FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WELL

STOP SENDING ME PM'S, THEY WILL BE DELETED, SAY IT ON THE BOARD AND STOP YOUR OBSESSIVE PM'S

Yurt, stop trying to hind behind all of your idiot conserva-friends and debate someone 1 on 1 for once, huh? Fucking idiot prole.

Canceled.LTroll.18
07-04-2010, 08:40 AM
To tell you the truth, it really started with my frustration of working with my business partner.

This was going back two years now, I think it was. I was on the road for “The Christmas Sweater.”

I had just left CNN, which was an extraordinarily frustrating experience, because I was on the air as the market approached 12,000, then 13,000, then 14,000, saying: “Get your money out of the stock market! It's bogus!” And I couldn't get anybody to listen to me.

I could see what was coming on the horizon.

My business partner was like, “Glenn, come on, that's crazy.” And my thought was, “People can't think out of the box, and they don't see the connecting tissue.”

Damocles
07-04-2010, 10:13 PM
LOL @ quoting authors rather than critics.

Simply LOL
It's called peer review. I thought you'd be familiar with it. It's a novel, fiction.

Hermes Thoth
07-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Yurt, stop trying to hind behind all of your idiot conserva-friends and debate someone 1 on 1 for once, huh? Fucking idiot prole.

Watermark, stop being such a pussy fucktard.

Cancel 2018. 3
07-06-2010, 01:13 PM

time and place bitch

Damocles
07-06-2010, 06:55 PM
time and place bitch
There is the JPP Cup...

Minister of Truth
07-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Watermark is a non-competitive chap. A cup challenge is far too out there, for such a sensitive young radical...