PDA

View Full Version : God Bless Chuck Hagel

Cypress
08-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Senator Chuck Hagel (R-Nebraska):

The United States needs to begin withdrawing troops from Iraq within the next six months, Sen. Chuck Hagel said Thursday, rather than ratcheting up its military commitment now.

With Iraq exploding in sectarian violence and "moving closer and closer to a straight-out civil war," Hagel said, the Bush administration's decision to transfer nearly 5,000 additional U.S. troops into Baghdad is "only going to make it worse for us."

In the end, he said, "feed(ing) more American troop fodder into the fight" could result in "even a worse defeat."

Asked what the United States could do, Hagel said: "Ask the president. Ask Secretary (of Defense Donald) Rumsfeld. They're the ones who got us into this."

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2006/08/03/local/doc44d26d58d31c5993111065.txt

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-04-2006, 03:03 PM
God Bless Chuck Hagel

Too bad Liberals are Godless, huh?

IHateGovernment
08-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Thanks Ann

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-04-2006, 03:17 PM
I think it's freaking hillarious, here we have Chuck Hagel, a republican, saying something that creams the liberals panties, and he is "God Blessed" by them, while one of the most prolific liberals of our time, Joe Lieberman, is fighting for his political life because he disagreed with them on the war, and they threw him under the bus. It's just abso-fucking-loutely amazing to watch!

IHateGovernment
08-04-2006, 03:23 PM
The war is an important issue to many Americans Dix. Being for the war is not going to be tolerated in the Democratic party. At least by the voters. But lets be real there are issues that can draw the ire of Republicans as well.

In 2004 Arlen Specter had a tough fight from challenger Pat Toomey over abortion and some other issues. He only lost by a couple points.

Nothing wrong with campaigning agains a sittling Senator. You guys do it all the time.

OrnotBitwise
08-04-2006, 03:23 PM
I think it's freaking hillarious, here we have Chuck Hagel, a republican, saying something that creams the liberals panties, and he is "God Blessed" by them, while one of the most prolific liberals of our time, Joe Lieberman, is fighting for his political life because he disagreed with them on the war, and they threw him under the bus. It's just abso-fucking-loutely amazing to watch!
You know, one of the most interesting -- and I mean that in the Chinese sense, as in "may you live in interesting times" -- developments in political discourse of the modern era is the hijacking of religion by the far right. Many people just assume that any "Christian" is a conservative.

In fact, the American liberal movement(s) have been basically run out of Christian churches for at least 60 years. I've been to more protest organizing meetings and the like in churches than in any other kind of building. By far. Mostly Unitarian and Methodist but also a few storefront churches and even the odd Catholic or Episcopalian cathedral.

IHateGovernment
08-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Believe it or not most liberals believe in God. There are far more liberals in this country than atheists.

OrnotBitwise
08-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Believe it or not most liberals believe in God. There are far more liberals in this country than atheists.
It's that bunker mentality. You know what they say about atheists in foxholes . . . .

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-04-2006, 04:21 PM
I think the Democrats are seriously misjudging the polls. Despite losing on this very issue in '04, they refuse to understand how polls are driven largely by emotion. Because people feel passionately about soldiers dying, they tend to be more vocal, they tend to participate in polls, or do whatever they can to promote their passionate viewpoints. People who understand that war is regretful but necessary, are more reluctant at going around spreading a perceived hawkish viewpoint, they are simply more reserved and don't participate in the polls, or try to be heard over all others.

Polls can be asked in any number of ways, by any number of agenda-driven people, to obtain virtually whatever result is needed. Sampling 1,000 people at any given time, is not a legitimately accurate representation of what America thinks. I have never been asked a question by a pollster in 46 years, and I doubt many of you have either, yet we are constantly hearing these people tell us what we think. And simple-minded pinheads who can't think for themselves, are weak enough to buy into it and believe the polls just don't ever lie.

I'm telling you, more people in this country believe we are heading into WWIII with Islamofascism, and Iraq was a legitimate second stop after Afghanistan, and we better start figuring out what to do about Iran and Syria, as well as Clinton's ol' buddy in NK. We are at war, and people better wake up and start realizing what is at stake, and why we simply can't afford to play these Mamby-pamby Mush-mouth Liberal Crybaby games right now. Iraq is nothing like you billed it, and when all is said and done, it will have been a most crucial strategy point in the defeat of radical Islamic terrorism.

IHateGovernment
08-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Yet another WWIII comment. I find that kind of talk to be the crybaby kind of talk you speak about.

I ain't fuckin scared.

OrnotBitwise
08-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Yet another WWIII comment. I find that kind of talk to be the crybaby kind of talk you speak about.

I ain't fuckin scared.
More than that, another superstitious, science-is-bullshit comment. "I don't know how them long-haired science fellers kin think they knows what I thinks! They ain't no mind-reeters or nothin!"

The sad fact is that many people simply reject statistics out of hand.

Sir Evil
08-04-2006, 04:52 PM
Senator Chuck Hagel (R-Nebraska):

The United States needs to begin withdrawing troops from Iraq within the next six months, Sen. Chuck Hagel said Thursday, rather than ratcheting up its military commitment now.

With Iraq exploding in sectarian violence and "moving closer and closer to a straight-out civil war," Hagel said, the Bush administration's decision to transfer nearly 5,000 additional U.S. troops into Baghdad is "only going to make it worse for us."

In the end, he said, "feed(ing) more American troop fodder into the fight" could result in "even a worse defeat."

Asked what the United States could do, Hagel said: "Ask the president. Ask Secretary (of Defense Donald) Rumsfeld. They're the ones who got us into this."

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2006/08/03/local/doc44d26d58d31c5993111065.txt

Like the rest of the dems they have much to criticize but nothing to offer outside of accepting defeat and leaving.:rolleyes:

LadyT
08-04-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm telling you, more people in this country believe we are heading into WWIII with Islamofascism, and Iraq was a legitimate second stop after Afghanistan, and we better start figuring out what to do about Iran and Syria, as well as Clinton's ol' buddy in NK. We are at war, and people better wake up and start realizing what is at stake, and why we simply can't afford to play these Mamby-pamby Mush-mouth Liberal Crybaby games right now. Iraq is nothing like you billed it, and when all is said and done, it will have been a most crucial strategy point in the defeat of radical Islamic terrorism.

Um, okay so according to you, "more people in this country believe.....Iraq was a legitimate second stop after Afghanistan" however most of the major polling agencies over the last year throughout this country have different view:

http://www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/10/10/opinion/polls/main930772.shtml

"More than half of Americans – 55% - think the U.S. should have stayed out of Iraq (the highest figure to date)"
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-06-13-poll-results_x.htm
"Still, 51% say the war was a mistake."

Hmmmmm, who am I going to believe: Dixie's inner feelings or findings in a numerous studies?

Unless you are going to try to play your famous word games with us and tell us that by "more" you meant more than 10 people.

OrnotBitwise
08-04-2006, 05:09 PM
Like the rest of the dems they have much to criticize but nothing to offer outside of accepting defeat and leaving.:rolleyes:
Not "accepting defeat." Accepting the fact that we fucked up to begin with. That is not defeat, that is simply recognizing the fact that the pooch has already been screwed so trying to avoid screwing the pooch is pointless.

maineman
08-04-2006, 08:54 PM

I take it you are blissfully unaware that Senator Hagel is a republican .... so your "like the rest of the dems" line is as idiotic as pretty much everything else you have posted to date. Tell us again how Ollie North warned us about Osama.... :rolleyes:

wow....you sure as hell have not lived up to Damo's hype.

maineman
08-04-2006, 08:57 PM
I think the Democrats are seriously misjudging the polls. .

you thought that Terri Schiavo was a winning issue for you guys and that Bill Frist was a genius for being able to diagnose her by watching a videotape.... so just stand by to cough up our wager

Beefy
08-04-2006, 09:28 PM
I take it you are blissfully unaware that Senator Hagel is a republican .... so your "like the rest of the dems" line is as idiotic as pretty much everything else you have posted to date. Tell us again how Ollie North warned us about Osama.... :rolleyes:

You sure like to introduce the personal attacks don't you? The guy has been here for a day. Calm down.

maineman
08-04-2006, 09:31 PM
fuck you...in one day he has posted that tired old canard that Ollie North warned us about OBL and when asked to show any evidence that we knew anything the OBL had done against America or American interests prior to may of '96, he posts some link to a bunch of crap including stuff about Richard Reid the shoebomber.... he's a hack and until he shows me otherwise, I don't play nice with bullshitting neocons.... go find a fucking tea party somewhere else

Beefy
08-04-2006, 09:35 PM
fuck you...in one day he has posted that tired old canard that Ollie North warned us about OBL and when asked to show any evidence that we knew anything the OBL had done against America or American interests prior to may of '96, he posts some link to a bunch of crap including stuff about Richard Reid the shoebomber.... he's a hack and until he shows me otherwise, I don't play nice with bullshitting neocons.... go find a fucking tea party somewhere else

I'm not looking for a tea party. I just find it curious as to how you're constantly looking to start these battles and then you get indignant when it gets ugly back at you. This post is a case in point. You would rather attack than simply counter the point.

For you, anyone who disagrees with you is automatically on your shit list. I'm just saying, and note, I'm saying it in a respectful manner, that you will reap what you sow, and personal attacks will come back around. Don't feign indignation when they do.

Damocles
08-04-2006, 09:35 PM

Hype? I said he was a friend that I have known for some time. I had no hype...

maineman
08-04-2006, 09:43 PM
I'm not looking for a tea party. I just find it curious as to how you're constantly looking to start these battles and then you get indignant when it gets ugly back at you. This post is a case in point. You would rather attack than simply counter the point.

For you, anyone who disagrees with you is automatically on your shit list. I'm just saying, and note, I'm saying it in a respectful manner, that you will reap what you sow, and personal attacks will come back around. Don't feign indignation when they do.

It is not merely "disagreeing with me" I am sure that I would gain the enmity of all conservative republicans if I made claims that George Bush was actually Osama's gay lover and had allowed him to attack on 9/11 just to stay on his good side and get some more of his tight arab ass. Spewing ignorant shit about Clinton and about how Ollie knew all about OBL and how Clinton fucked up by not taking him when offered is just as repugnant and slanderous from my perspective. This administration has led us to the brink of HELL...and I find those who continue to wave pompoms for Bush's actions and who continue to LIE about the facts in an effort to deflect the blame that rightfully belongs on Bush's head onto Clinton's of Carter's or.... any democrat's to be sources of a great upwelling of anger in me. These are not ordinary times.....

maineman
08-04-2006, 09:45 PM
and you'll note that my personal attacks have not devolved into the sorts of attacks that Dixie and Toby and Mikey laid on my for fucking MONTHS without ANYONE calling them to task for them..... fuck you and your righteous indignation at ME, for crissakes

Beefy
08-04-2006, 09:48 PM
and you'll note that my personal attacks have not devolved into the sorts of attacks that Dixie and Toby and Mikey laid on my for fucking MONTHS without ANYONE calling them to task for them..... fuck you and your righteous indignation at ME, for crissakes

Are you kidding? I was all over the attacks. Why would you say I wasn't? Go look it up youself, I flat called that shit out when I saw it. But I called you out on bullshit as well, and still do. That's why you're pissed at me. But I call everyone out on bullshit. You'll recall, you and I used to be real buddy buddy, and I haven't changed. You've just gotten more and more vitriolic all the time, and I've called you out on it. So what? No need to feign horror.

maineman
08-04-2006, 09:55 PM
truce?:clink:

Beefy
08-04-2006, 09:58 PM
truce?:clink:

:clink:

Truce.

I'm sure we'll both still speak our minds, but lets keep the personal business out of it between you and I. Deal?

maineman
08-04-2006, 09:59 PM
our friendship and respect for one another should always prevail

Beefy
08-04-2006, 10:05 PM
our friendship and respect for one another should always prevail
Bygones and such. Water under the bridge.

maineman
08-04-2006, 10:06 PM
g'nite.... ;)

Damocles
08-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Insulin! I need insulin! All this mutual sweetness is getting to me!

:tongout:

Beefy
08-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Insulin! I need insulin! All this mutual sweetness is getting to me!

:tongout:

Well, all life is suffering you know.

Sir Evil
08-05-2006, 06:41 AM

Damn you is a dumbsumbitch! keyword maincoon LIKE

And yes, to cut and run now would be a clear victory for terrorists everywhere!

maineman
08-05-2006, 07:32 AM
"like the REST of the dems" ...the use of the word REST implies that he is within that group. Did you flunk high school english?

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-05-2006, 07:55 AM
Um, okay so according to you, "more people in this country believe.....Iraq was a legitimate second stop after Afghanistan" however most of the major polling agencies over the last year throughout this country have different view:

"More than half of Americans – 55% - think the U.S. should have stayed out of Iraq (the highest figure to date)"

Hmmmmm, who am I going to believe: Dixie's inner feelings or findings in a numerous studies?

Unless you are going to try to play your famous word games with us and tell us that by "more" you meant more than 10 people.

I guess you must have missed the two preceding paragraphs, where I explained how the polls are not an accurate representation? I understand what your polls say, I understand you believe in the polls like the freaking Gospels, and I understand you are banking on the polls being right, I think you are fucking up! I don't think, for one second, that America is ready to cut-n-run in Iraq!

Sir Evil
08-05-2006, 08:28 AM
"like the REST of the dems" ...the use of the word REST implies that he is within that group. Did you flunk high school english?

Yep when all else fails try to go with the grammer attack.:rolleyes:

Let me put it a way that maybe even you can understand:

[u]Like[/b] as in a view shared amongst others.

[u]Rest[/b] as in the dems.

Now can you see what I attempted to say? sorry if it was not up to your highly perfect way of posting there numbnuts...

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-05-2006, 08:29 AM

You must be insane, you honestly think the disgusting and perverted things you said about wanting to rape my daughter at gunpoint, was anything remotely close to anything I've ever said to you? And here you are again, preening for recognition for what a big man you were to say you were sorry. You're not sorry for a damn thing you said, you still want to make excuses for your behavior, and honestly, there is no excuse for what you said. Anyone who read what you posted about raping my kid, should ostracize and shame you for the rest of your pathetic existence.

I never directly accused you of ANYTHING! You can keep lying about that all you like, I know what I fucking said! Other posters made accusations against you, not me or my daughter! I used those accusations to try and make a point about how you would feel if you hadn't been allowed to respond to those charges. Regardless of whether that point was made, or if it was a good way for me to make my point, you had no justification for posting the sickness you posted about my kid. To continue to fawn all over yourself, and act like you were the victim in all of this, is indicative of what a true piece of shit you are.

Damocles
08-05-2006, 08:59 AM

You must be insane, you honestly think the disgusting and perverted things you said about wanting to rape my daughter at gunpoint, was anything remotely close to anything I've ever said to you? And here you are again, preening for recognition for what a big man you were to say you were sorry. You're not sorry for a damn thing you said, you still want to make excuses for your behavior, and honestly, there is no excuse for what you said. Anyone who read what you posted about raping my kid, should ostracize and shame you for the rest of your pathetic existence.

I never directly accused you of ANYTHING! You can keep lying about that all you like, I know what I fucking said! Other posters made accusations against you, not me or my daughter! I used those accusations to try and make a point about how you would feel if you hadn't been allowed to respond to those charges. Regardless of whether that point was made, or if it was a good way for me to make my point, you had no justification for posting the sickness you posted about my kid. To continue to fawn all over yourself, and act like you were the victim in all of this, is indicative of what a true piece of shit you are.
Enough... Let the daughter thing go there, Dix. You said there were reports that he did stuff to his family, he reciprocated, it was DISGUSTING. I don't want it on this board...

evince
08-05-2006, 09:06 AM
maybe I should post at the other site/

jesus Im sick of this idiot clown blustering like he has any right to respect.

maineman
08-05-2006, 09:19 AM
Enough... Let the daughter thing go there, Dix. You said there were reports that he did stuff to his family, he reciprocated, it was DISGUSTING. I don't want it on this board...

I agree... and note that I only reciprocated after his repeated accusations at me had gone on for months...and he never once apologized....and after I reciprocated ONCE, I apologized immediately.

H'e s a fucking slanderous asshole no matter what the forum...and beware, Damo...he'll poison this place just like he poisoned the last one.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-05-2006, 11:53 AM

I said (in the context of giving an example) that others claimed he was a pedophile, I never mentioned his family, nor did I ever state that I believed the charges, nor was that the point I was making in bringing it up. The point that seems to have flown comfortably over his head, was about being accused or suspected without proof and without an opportunity to respond to the charges. That point is still valid, and I have nothing to apologize for in making it.

Regardless of that, what he said in response, was disturbing to me as a parent as well as offensive and disgusting, and it was highly indicative of chronic predatory behavior. I have never posted something so perverted and sick about anyone on a message board, much less their children, and I can't forgive or forget it.

Damo, you seem to think I am supposed to just drop it and let him keep on spewing his slanderous lies about it and acting like he didn't do anything that wasn't justified. I'm sorry, I don't see it that way, and if we were talking about your daughter, you might see it differently.

I will make an effort to not bring it up again here, but if he mentions it again, I will respond and I will set the record straight on it. I have no intention of letting him manipulate the facts and spread his lies. I can ignore him, I have done so in my CP, but when someone else posts his quotes, I read them, and I'm going to say what I have to say.

NOVA
08-05-2006, 12:12 PM
We'll just have wait a few more years, not many, until Iran can develop a nuke....and probably with a little help from N. Korea or who knows who; get a few missiles to deliver them...the left will be crying a different tune....

We shoulda blah, blah, blah...
We coulda blah, blah, blah
Its all the Republicans fault and blah, blah, blah

while watching Isreal and maybe a few western or european citys melt....

It ain't gonna be pretty...

maineman
08-05-2006, 01:16 PM

I said (in the context of giving an example) that others claimed he was a pedophile, I never mentioned his family, nor did I ever state that I believed the charges, nor was that the point I was making in bringing it up. The point that seems to have flown comfortably over his head, was about being accused or suspected without proof and without an opportunity to respond to the charges. That point is still valid, and I have nothing to apologize for in making it.

Regardless of that, what he said in response, was disturbing to me as a parent as well as offensive and disgusting, and it was highly indicative of chronic predatory behavior. I have never posted something so perverted and sick about anyone on a message board, much less their children, and I can't forgive or forget it.

Damo, you seem to think I am supposed to just drop it and let him keep on spewing his slanderous lies about it and acting like he didn't do anything that wasn't justified. I'm sorry, I don't see it that way, and if we were talking about your daughter, you might see it differently.

I will make an effort to not bring it up again here, but if he mentions it again, I will respond and I will set the record straight on it. I have no intention of letting him manipulate the facts and spread his lies. I can ignore him, I have done so in my CP, but when someone else posts his quotes, I read them, and I'm going to say what I have to say.

Dixie asserted that those other posters (michaelK and toby) were "CREDIBLE" and that their accusations against me were "CREDIBLE"....and he kept it up in thread after thread... I asked him nicely to PLEASE apologize, and I asked him in U2Us to PLEASE apologize...and he NEVER did and I retaliated ONCE and apologized IMMEDIATELY. He is a slanderous shithead and I swear...he'll savage this site just like he did FP.com. Beware, Damo.... beware.

Cypress
08-06-2006, 08:45 PM
UPDATE:

Hagel, on CBS face the nation today:

Hagel: Iraq Is ‘A Hopeless, Winless Situation’

Appearing today on CBS Face the Nation, Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE) described Iraq as “a hopeless, winless situation.” He harshly criticized the Bush administration’s recent decision to increase troop levels calling it “very wrong” and “irresponsible.”

Hagel said Iraq was “headed” toward a civil war. He was adamant that “we cannot put American troops, and ask them to do the things that we’re asking them to do in the middle of a civil war.” Hagel added, “I hope this administration has got a way out of this.”

video at thinkprogress

Beefy
08-06-2006, 09:42 PM
UPDATE:

Hagel, on CBS face the nation today:

Hagel: Iraq Is ‘A Hopeless, Winless Situation’

Appearing today on CBS Face the Nation, Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE) described Iraq as “a hopeless, winless situation.” He harshly criticized the Bush administration’s recent decision to increase troop levels calling it “very wrong” and “irresponsible.”

Hagel said Iraq was “headed” toward a civil war. He was adamant that “we cannot put American troops, and ask them to do the things that we’re asking them to do in the middle of a civil war.” Hagel added, “I hope this administration has got a way out of this.”

video at thinkprogress

Obviously Chuck Hagel is a radical leftist. He's as liberal as Pat Buchanan. Communists if you will.

zoombwaz
08-06-2006, 10:53 PM
You know, one of the most interesting -- and I mean that in the Chinese sense, as in "may you live in interesting times" -- developments in political discourse of the modern era is the hijacking of religion by the far right. Many people just assume that any "Christian" is a conservative.

In fact, the American liberal movement(s) have been basically run out of Christian churches for at least 60 years. I've been to more protest organizing meetings and the like in churches than in any other kind of building. By far. Mostly Unitarian and Methodist but also a few storefront churches and even the odd Catholic or Episcopalian cathedral.

Exactly. Martin Luther King was nobody's conservative,and the pastor of the Methodist church I attended as a kid marched with him in Selma. The Civil Rights movement was born in the churches. And let's not forget the Berrigan brothers.

zoombwaz
08-06-2006, 11:13 PM

No, no, no. The polls disagree with Dixie. Therefore the polls MUST be wrong.

Damocles
08-06-2006, 11:17 PM
No, no, no. The polls disagree with Dixie. Therefore the polls MUST be wrong.
Polls are always wrong, but it isn't because of Dixie... It's because people like me lie to them...

zoombwaz
08-06-2006, 11:17 PM
I guess you must have missed the two preceding paragraphs, where I explained how the polls are not an accurate representation? I understand what your polls say, I understand you believe in the polls like the freaking Gospels, and I understand you are banking on the polls being right, I think you are fucking up! I don't think, for one second, that America is ready to cut-n-run in Iraq!

That's right: you don't think for one second. Yet you still insist on posting the results of that millisecond of thought.

zoombwaz
08-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Damn you is a dumbsumbitch! keyword maincoon LIKE

And yes, to cut and run now would be a clear victory for terrorists everywhere!

No, staying there is a victory for terrorists. Our occupation of an Islamic country is their best recruiting tool. There is no way in hell to defeat terrorists militarily. You can't bomb them out of existence, and the "collateral damage" plays right into their hands. Thre will be no military victory for us in Iraq, so we can either withdraw from a poor strategic position or conrinue losing lives and money to no good end. By the way, lose the "cut and run". That's a phrase for parrots, and indicates intellectual laziness.

zoombwaz
08-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Yep when all else fails try to go with the grammer attack.:rolleyes:

Let me put it a way that maybe even you can understand:

[u]Like[/b] as in a view shared amongst others.

[u]Rest[/b] as in the dems.

Now can you see what I attempted to say? sorry if it was not up to your highly perfect way of posting there numbnuts...

Bullshit. You said "like the rest of the dems", a phrase which can only be interpreted one way: that you thought Hagel was a Dem. If that's not what you neant to say, then you have a serious problem and should probably learn to write in standard English.

zoombwaz
08-07-2006, 12:15 AM
We'll just have wait a few more years, not many, until Iran can develop a nuke....and probably with a little help from N. Korea or who knows who; get a few missiles to deliver them...the left will be crying a different tune....

We shoulda blah, blah, blah...
We coulda blah, blah, blah
Its all the Republicans fault and blah, blah, blah

while watching Isreal and maybe a few western or european citys melt....

It ain't gonna be pretty...

There will be no missiles with nuclear warheads launched against the west. In the first place,there is no reason, when a bomb in a cargo container with a GPS trigger will do just as well. Not to mention there;s this litle problem with launching a nuclear-armed missile: it can be traced back to its launch site, and we still have over 6000 nukes in our arsenal. Do the math.

It isn't possible for any group or country to destroy the US. Nobody has the ability to invade and occupy this cuntry. SO WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ALL SO AFRAID OF? THAT YOU WOULD LET GEORGE BUSH STRIP AWAY YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GUISE OF "PROTECTIONG YOU" Protecting us from what? We lose more people to traffic accidents every year than we ever have to terrorism Ten times the 9/11 toll are killed every year by gunshot in the US

robdastud
08-07-2006, 07:31 AM
God Bless Chuck Hagel

Too bad Liberals are Godless, huh?

too bad most christians don't listen to god.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-07-2006, 07:54 AM
No, staying there is a victory for terrorists. Our occupation of an Islamic country is their best recruiting tool. There is no way in hell to defeat terrorists militarily. You can't bomb them out of existence, and the "collateral damage" plays right into their hands. Thre will be no military victory for us in Iraq, so we can either withdraw from a poor strategic position or continue losing lives and money to no good end. By the way, lose the "cut and run". That's a phrase for parrots, and indicates intellectual laziness.

You are an idiot. You are basically saying, there is no way to defeat the radical Islamic terrorists, so why bother? Idiots like yourself and Neville Chamberlain, said we couldn't defeat Nazism.

Have you looked at a mid-eastern map lately? WTF do you mean, "poor strategic position"? Seems to me, a military presence smack-dab in the center of radical Islam, separating Syria and Iran, is a pretty damn nice strategic advantage to have in the War on Terror.

It's almost like you are on the verge of understanding it all, you indicate that you believe we can't "bomb them out of existence." Yet, you don't seem to have any understanding of the overall plan, and how that is precisely why Iraq needs to be a thriving Arab democracy. WE can't "change the hearts and minds!" ARABS can! Through democracy, radicalism fails to thrive, you can find great examples of that in our own society. We know this works, it requires real democracy, free elections, giving the people a voice in politics. When that happens, radicals are marginalized and civilized society flourishes.

Your problem is, you want a 'quick fix' to this, you don't see it as a real threat, you don't think a little terrorism here and there is any big deal, and you'd rather just stick your head in the sand and pretend everything is fine. You've got no solution for defeating the threat, other than to cut, run, surrender, retreat, and capitulate to France and the UN as leaders of the world.

The first step to dealing with the problem, is reforming the governments that have been taken over by religious kooks like Armageddonegoninsane. Believe it or not, Islamic radicalism is not the predominate thinking across the middle east, the majority of Arabs want no part of the radical terrorism, so it's not like we are fighting a losing battle. You establish democracy in a few of these oil-rich countries, and you'll start to see a change across the middle east with regard to the radicalism.

Of course, you still have your idiot head in the sand, refusing to acknowledge radical Islamic terrorism as a problem, even though we have lost over 3,000 citizens to it. When you are on your knees in front of a video camera, with a knife at your throat, ready to take your last gurgle, is not the time to become concerned over radical Islamic terror. Unfortunately, some people are just that stupid.

maineman
08-07-2006, 08:12 AM
cramming western style democracy down Iraq's throat at the point of a gun held by an occupying Christian army was never a winning proposition. It is borne out of the willful ignorance of the Bush administration who failed to understand that the imposed borders of the country of Iraq surrounded three different ethnic groups who have no desire to live peacefully with one another.

Ascribing this bungled mess as having anything to do with the war on terror that was brought to our shores on 9/11 is a terrible combination of foolish and dangerous.

Watching the Bushies continuing to punch this tarbaby is clear and convincing evidence that we desperately need a change in leadership in Washington.

Cypress
08-07-2006, 09:22 AM
Bullshit. You said "like the rest of the dems", a phrase which can only be interpreted one way: that you thought Hagel was a Dem. If that's not what you neant to say, then you have a serious problem and should probably learn to write in standard English.

Man, what rock did this sir evil dude crawl out from under? He's just like a Dixie-clone: trying to dodge and spin his way out from under his own words. Its clear to the casual observer, that he though Hagel was a Democrat.

maineman
08-07-2006, 09:27 AM
you missed his opening day when he attempted to pass off that long ago debunked editing of Ollie North's testimony where "Abu Nidal" was changed to read "Osama bin Laden" as a way of showing that we knew what a bad guy OBL was even before Clinton took office and therefore, Clinton had no excuse for not taking him into custody when the Sudan supposedly offered him up. He even tried to spin away from THAT!

Cypress
08-07-2006, 09:38 AM
you missed his opening day when he attempted to pass off that long ago debunked editing of Ollie North's testimony where "Abu Nidal" was changed to read "Osama bin Laden" as a way of showing that we knew what a bad guy OBL was even before Clinton took office and therefore, Clinton had no excuse for not taking him into custody when the Sudan supposedly offered him up. He even tried to spin away from THAT!

Yeah, I've noticed his intellectual dishonesty. The sir evil dude, is just another Dixie and Toby-clone. Total bush-apologist.

zoombwaz
08-08-2006, 05:09 AM
No, staying there is a victory for terrorists. Our occupation of an Islamic country is their best recruiting tool. There is no way in hell to defeat terrorists militarily. You can't bomb them out of existence, and the "collateral damage" plays right into their hands. Thre will be no military victory for us in Iraq, so we can either withdraw from a poor strategic position or continue losing lives and money to no good end. By the way, lose the "cut and run". That's a phrase for parrots, and indicates intellectual laziness.

You are an idiot. You are basically saying, there is no way to defeat the radical Islamic terrorists, so why bother? Idiots like yourself and Neville Chamberlain, said we couldn't defeat Nazism.

Have you looked at a mid-eastern map lately? WTF do you mean, "poor strategic position"? Seems to me, a military presence smack-dab in the center of radical Islam, separating Syria and Iran, is a pretty damn nice strategic advantage to have in the War on Terror.

It's almost like you are on the verge of understanding it all, you indicate that you believe we can't "bomb them out of existence." Yet, you don't seem to have any understanding of the overall plan, and how that is precisely why Iraq needs to be a thriving Arab democracy. WE can't "change the hearts and minds!" ARABS can! Through democracy, radicalism fails to thrive, you can find great examples of that in our own society. We know this works, it requires real democracy, free elections, giving the people a voice in politics. When that happens, radicals are marginalized and civilized society flourishes.

Your problem is, you want a 'quick fix' to this, you don't see it as a real threat, you don't think a little terrorism here and there is any big deal, and you'd rather just stick your head in the sand and pretend everything is fine. You've got no solution for defeating the threat, other than to cut, run, surrender, retreat, and capitulate to France and the UN as leaders of the world.

The first step to dealing with the problem, is reforming the governments that have been taken over by religious kooks like Armageddonegoninsane. Believe it or not, Islamic radicalism is not the predominate thinking across the middle east, the majority of Arabs want no part of the radical terrorism, so it's not like we are fighting a losing battle. You establish democracy in a few of these oil-rich countries, and you'll start to see a change across the middle east with regard to the radicalism.

Of course, you still have your idiot head in the sand, refusing to acknowledge radical Islamic terrorism as a problem, even though we have lost over 3,000 citizens to it. When you are on your knees in front of a video camera, with a knife at your throat, ready to take your last gurgle, is not the time to become concerned over radical Islamic terror. Unfortunately, some people are just that stupid.

Before you call me an idiot, you had better learn to read,you goddamn moron. I did not say there was no way to defeat terrorists. I said, and I quote, "There is no way in hell to defeat terrorists militarily." MILITARILY. Did you miss that minor detail the first time through, you putz? Fighting terrorism requires precise intel, and either a surgical extraction and arrest by a small force, or a termination with extreme prejudice, but via a single shot to the head, rather than dropping a bunker buster on a damn restaurant. They tried to take Saddam out that way. Unfortunately, he wasn't there, but many innocent Iraqis were. Do you think the relatives of those killed were somewhat less disposed to see our side and more inclined to see the other?

Not only is it impossible to defeat terrorism with terrorism (what else can you call high explosives raining down from the sky?), it is also impossible to install a democracy at gunpoint. In any case, you ignorant jackoff, attacking Iraq had nothing to do with fighting terrorism or installing a democracy. It was about controlling the oil and showing Saddam who was boss. If you don't know that, you have no standing to call anybody else an idiot.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

maineman
08-08-2006, 06:10 AM
Zoom, my friend, welcome to Dixieland.

zoombwaz
08-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I've noticed his intellectual dishonesty. The sir evil dude, is just another Dixie and Toby-clone. Total bush-apologist.

I'm starting to wonder about these guys. Nobody can be that obtuse. I’ve started to wonder if these guys are the Internet equivalent of Jeff Gannon (in his faux journalist mode as opposed to his gay hooker mode). How about it, you guys? Is the Shrub paying you to write stupid things in defense of his failed policies, or does that sort of idiocy come naturally to you? I guess what I'm asking is whether you are amateur or professional morons. And how do you put that in your résumé? “Composed unbelievably lame and illogical nonanswers to challenges of the president's failed social and foreign policies: 2001-2006. Reason for leaving job: President impeached and convicted.”

Yeah, that'll bring employers flocking.

Losers.

zoombwaz
08-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Zoom, my friend, welcome to Dixieland.

Does he know how to read?

What a maroon.

Wow, this Dragon NaturallySpeaking software is really cool. it's a whole lot easier to use and learns your speech patterns faster than the IBM software.

And the best part is it's compatible with this board, so I don't have to transcribe in Word and then copy and paste. I'm dictating this post literally as I speak. No more typos, no more typos,hot damn, there are no more typos. Obviously, it doesn't take much to make me happy. I think this calls for a beer.

klaatu
08-08-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm starting to wonder about these guys. Nobody can be that obtuse. I’ve started to wonder if these guys are the Internet equivalent of Jeff Gannon (in his faux journalist mode as opposed to his gay hooker mode). How about it, you guys? Is the Shrub paying you to write stupid things in defense of his failed policies, or does that sort of idiocy come naturally to you? I guess what I'm asking is whether you are amateur or professional morons. And how do you put that in your résumé? “Composed unbelievably lame and illogical nonanswers to challenges of the president's failed social and foreign policies: 2001-2006. Reason for leaving job: President impeached and convicted.”

Losers.

Nah .. the one true professional political hack is the guy that you answered to .. the one in your quote ...

As far as you .. what the fuck is your problem ..how can someone be as miserable as you? Who the fuck do you think you are .. ?
You remind me of one of these little ass wipe punks that get slapped around and wait till they are way down the block before they get into name calling ...
Your nettiquite has to be the worse yet ....
You are the base of what I spit out on a bad sinus day ...

Cypress
08-08-2006, 03:04 PM
And how do you put that in your résumé? “Composed unbelievably lame and illogical nonanswers to challenges of the president's failed social and foreign policies: 2001-2006. Reason for leaving job: President impeached and convicted.”

C'mon klattu - whatever your disagreements with zoom are, that's frickin' hilarious.

uscitizen
08-08-2006, 03:08 PM

I realize that thinking for ones self is a foreign concept to you Dixie.
Liberals don't have to be told who to like, they decide for themselves.

zoombwaz
08-09-2006, 05:44 AM
Nah .. the one true professional political hack is the guy that you answered to .. the one in your quote ...

As far as you .. what the fuck is your problem ..how can someone be as miserable as you? Who the fuck do you think you are .. ?
You remind me of one of these little ass wipe punks that get slapped around and wait till they are way down the block before they get into name calling ...
Your nettiquite has to be the worse yet ....
You are the base of what I spit out on a bad sinus day ...

You have no fucking idea who I am, and you couldn't be farther from the truth. Of course, being a great distance from the truth is something we've come to expect from you, so the fact that you are so wide of the mark in your lame attempt to pigeonhole me is hardly surprising.

Miserable? Me? Hardly. I’m retired at 54 and live in a log cabin on six acres of forest on a ridge in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia with my gorgeous girlfriend and two terminally happy dogs. My parents live on the adjoining parcel. The cabin is free and clear and is in a near constant state of improvement and growth as I putter to my heart’s content. I now own more power tools (ah, ah, AH!) than I ever did when I was working in construction. I design and build complex additions to my cabin without plans, which are useless to me because I’m legally blind. And my projects turn out great despite that, because I’m a hell of a craftsman, with or without 20-20 vision. I wake up in a cool vacation home very morning and get to stay there making it cooler. Every day if I want to . Except Friday. I get a massage every Friday. Miserable? Yeah, right. My life is better than yours will ever be. I bet that really irritates you, doesn’t it? Good. That puts a smile on my face.

Who do I think I am? I know who I am. I’m a smart guy who knows what is going on around him, and who doesn’t suffer fools like you gladly. Etiquette? Nobody who argues as dishonestly as you, Toby, and Dixie do deserves that respect, and for you to even mention it is laughable. As far as me being one of ”these little ass wipe punks that get slapped around and wait till they are way down the block before they get into name calling”, I’ve got news for you, cretin. I’m 200 pounds, heavily muscled, and any time you want to try to slap me around, I’ll be more than happy to afford you the utter humiliation of having your ass whipped by a blind guy with Parkinson’s.

I’ll even give you the first slap.

Jerkoff

klaatu
08-09-2006, 06:04 AM
You have no fucking idea who I am, and you couldn't be farther from the truth. Of course, being a great distance from the truth is something we've come to expect from you, so the fact that you are so wide of the mark in your lame attempt to pigeonhole me is hardly surprising.

Miserable? Me? Hardly. I’m retired at 54 and live in a log cabin on six acres of forest on a ridge in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia with my gorgeous girlfriend and two terminally happy dogs. My parents live on the adjoining parcel. The cabin is free and clear and is in a near constant state of improvement and growth as I putter to my heart’s content. I now own more power tools (ah, ah, AH!) than I ever did when I was working in construction. I design and build complex additions to my cabin without plans, which are useless to me because I’m legally blind. And my projects turn out great despite that, because I’m a hell of a craftsman, with or without 20-20 vision. I wake up in a cool vacation home very morning and get to stay there making it cooler. Every day if I want to . Except Friday. I get a massage every Friday. Miserable? Yeah, right. My life is better than yours will ever be. I bet that really irritates you, doesn’t it? Good. That puts a smile on my face.

Who do I think I am? I know who I am. I’m a smart guy who knows what is going on around him, and who doesn’t suffer fools like you gladly. Etiquette? Nobody who argues as dishonestly as you, Toby, and Dixie do deserves that respect, and for you to even mention it is laughable. As far as me being one of ”these little ass wipe punks that get slapped around and wait till they are way down the block before they get into name calling”, I’ve got news for you, cretin. I’m 200 pounds, heavily muscled, and any time you want to try to slap me around, I’ll be more than happy to afford you the utter humiliation of having your ass whipped by a blind guy with Parkinson’s.

I’ll even give you the first slap.

Jerkoff

ROFLMAO!! I will advise you to read your own post and then ask yourself .. who is the hypocrite ....? I have no idea about you.., yet you know everything about me ...

By the way ... sounds nice ... If I was up there, I'd share a cup of coffee with you some morning ... I bet the early mornings are beautiful...

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-09-2006, 07:52 AM
I’m retired at 54 and live in a log cabin on six acres of forest on a ridge in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia with my gorgeous girlfriend and two terminally happy dogs. My parents live on the adjoining parcel. The cabin is free and clear and is in a near constant state of improvement and growth as I putter to my heart’s content....I wake up in a cool vacation home very morning and get to stay there making it cooler. Every day if I want to . Except Friday. I get a massage every Friday.....I’m 200 pounds, heavily muscled.....

Isn't it amazing, we always hear of these Liberals who are living the good life, and have it made like rich Republicans... never the ones who are on disability for a fake back injury and living with their Moms? Seems like, every now and then, we'd run across one of them, I know for certain they exist and have access to the Internet. But apparently not, all we ever hear from is the rich and well-to-do Liberals who are buff and have gorgeous girlfriends. With all their fortune, they must live a life of seclusion from us regular Joe's, because the only Liberals I know, who don't work, are getting that gub'mnt check for their bad back. Curious, aint it?

maineman
08-09-2006, 08:02 AM
"because the only Liberals I know, who don't work, are getting that gub'mnt check for their bad back. Curious, aint it?"

it's just indicative of the sort of crowd you hang around with Dixie. You really wouldn't expect educated, thoughtful, courteous, intelligent compassionate, successful people to want to spend any time with YOU, do you????

zoombwaz
08-09-2006, 05:15 PM
I’m retired at 54 and live in a log cabin on six acres of forest on a ridge in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia with my gorgeous girlfriend and two terminally happy dogs. My parents live on the adjoining parcel. The cabin is free and clear and is in a near constant state of improvement and growth as I putter to my heart’s content....I wake up in a cool vacation home very morning and get to stay there making it cooler. Every day if I want to . Except Friday. I get a massage every Friday.....I’m 200 pounds, heavily muscled.....

Isn't it amazing, we always hear of these Liberals who are living the good life, and have it made like rich Republicans... never the ones who are on disability for a fake back injury and living with their Moms? Seems like, every now and then, we'd run across one of them, I know for certain they exist and have access to the Internet. But apparently not, all we ever hear from is the rich and well-to-do Liberals who are buff and have gorgeous girlfriends. With all their fortune, they must live a life of seclusion from us regular Joe's, because the only Liberals I know, who don't work, are getting that gub'mnt check for their bad back. Curious, aint it?

What the hell are you babbling about now? Where did I say, I was rich, or well-off, or buff? I said I have a good life, and I said I was heavily muscled, and both came from working my ass off.

Oh, and speaking for all us disabled folks getting our gub'mint checks, may I just say how much we enjoy hearing the temporarily able-bodied implying that we're all malingerers, and that we should all be out working, and that we're all just mooching off your hard work. Some people mighht wish you dead, but not me. I wish you a long life. A long and painful life full of herniated disks, carpal tunnel in both wrists, a degenerative neural disorder, type 2 diabetes, and optic nerve strokes that leave you legally blind. Oh, wait, that's my life, the one that's better than yours. No, I want you to have a BAD life, so let's say all of these things happen to you, but you didn't buy long-term disability insurance to suppliment your SS like I did. and let's say Bush's tax cuts and reckless spending bankrupt SS and Medicare the day before you qualify. That should about do it, you fucking prick.

OrnotBitwise
08-09-2006, 05:27 PM
What the hell are you babbling about now? Where did I say, I was rich, or well-off, or buff? I said I have a good life, and I said I was heavily muscled, and both came from working my ass off.

Oh, and speaking for all us disabled folks getting our gub'mint checks, may I just say how much we enjoy hearing the temporarily able-bodied implying that we're all malingerers, and that we should all be out working, and that we're all just mooching off your hard work. Some people mighht wish you dead, but not me. I wish you a long life. A long and painful life full of herniated disks, carpal tunnel in both wrists, a degenerative neural disorder, type 2 diabetes, and optic nerve strokes that leave you legally blind. Oh, wait, that's my life, the one that's better than yours. No, I want you to have a BAD life, so let's say all of these things happen to you, but you didn't buy long-term disability insurance to suppliment your SS like I did. and let's say Bush's tax cuts and reckless spending bankrupt SS and Medicare the day before you qualify. That should about do it, you fucking prick.
Well, you see, it's incumbent upon all disabled people to be miserable. That way people who aren't yet disabled can feel superior to them. Besides, if the disabled people aren't miserable, well, where's the incentive to avoid becoming disabled? Don't you understand that people are all lazy, greedy and good-for-nothing at heart? Give someone the idea that living on disability might be okay and he'll jump in front of a bus in a split second.

I believe that's how the reasoning goes, anyway.

Cancel7
08-09-2006, 05:40 PM
Well, you see, it's incumbent upon all disabled people to be miserable. That way people who aren't yet disabled can feel superior to them. Besides, if the disabled people aren't miserable, well, where's the incentive to avoid becoming disabled? Don't you understand that people are all lazy, greedy and good-for-nothing at heart? Give someone the idea that living on disability might be okay and he'll jump in front of a bus in a split second.

I believe that's how the reasoning goes, anyway.

Plus, I think a man in love always thinks his beloved is beautiful. When I see someone say that, I see someone who is in love, and that's the beautiful thing...it's also the thing most likely to incite jealousy in others.

Because we all know, if it came in a bottle, everybody would be madly in love.

zoombwaz
08-09-2006, 05:40 PM
ROFLMAO!! I will advise you to read your own post and then ask yourself .. who is the hypocrite ....? I have no idea about you.., yet you know everything about me ...

By the way ... sounds nice ... If I was up there, I'd share a cup of coffee with you some morning ... I bet the early mornings are beautiful...

Where did I say I knew everything about you?

But you're right about the mornings. They are beautiful, this morning especially so. By the way, I make great coffee, and I built a gazebo on my deck that's completely screened, cantilevered into the trees so it feels like a tree house, and has a beer fridge and a 19" flat screen, among other amenities. Great place to hang out.

Truce?

zoombwaz
08-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Plus, I think a man in love always thinks his beloved is beautiful. When I see someone say that, I see someone who is in love, and that's the beautiful thing...it's also the thing most likely to incite jealousy in others.

Because we all know, if it came in a bottle, everybody would be madly in love.

You're on to me. Damn. Imagine my chagrin.

Cypress
08-09-2006, 07:18 PM

Isn't it amazing, we always hear of these Liberals who are living the good life, and have it made like rich Republicans... never the ones who are on disability for a fake back injury and living with their Moms? Seems like, every now and then, we'd run across one of them, I know for certain they exist and have access to the Internet.

Ummm, that would be Toby.

klaatu
08-10-2006, 05:53 AM
Where did I say I knew everything about you?

But you're right about the mornings. They are beautiful, this morning especially so. By the way, I make great coffee, and I built a gazebo on my deck that's completely screened, cantilevered into the trees so it feels like a tree house, and has a beer fridge and a 19" flat screen, among other amenities. Great place to hang out.

Truce?

Absolutely!! Im a nice guy and politics shapes only one little part of my life. And besides .. you would be surprised .. we probaly agree on much more than you think.

truce

zoombwaz
08-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Absolutely!! Im a nice guy and politics shapes only one little part of my life. And besides .. you would be surprised .. we probaly agree on much more than you think.

truce

Actually, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was significant agreement. There are hot button issues designed to foment exactly the kind of disagreement we had. Their purpose is divide and conquer, and if people can be made to violently disagree on the hot button issues, it prevents them from finding common ground and discussing substantive issues. And they're so good at framing the debate, that I find myself falling into these bogus arguments, even though I should know better.

How do you take your coffee, by the way?

gonzojournals
08-12-2006, 02:57 PM
If you are legally blind and have Parkinson's then you are either lying about your disabilities or lying about your craftsmanship....you couldn't do that without some sort of corrective lenses and/or medication.