PDA

View Full Version : ...Aliens Exist but Are Dangerous

christiefan915
04-27-2010, 11:48 AM
And today's tinfoil beanie goes to--- Stephen Hawking! :foil:

LONDON (April 25) -- British astrophysicist Stephen Hawking says aliens are out there, but it could be too dangerous for humans to interact with extraterrestrial life.

Hawking claims in a new documentary that intelligent alien lifeforms almost certainly exist, but warns that communicating with them could be "too risky."
The 68-year-old scientist says a visit by extraterrestrials to Earth would be like Christopher Columbus arriving in the Americas, "which didn't turn out very well for the Native Americans."

He speculates most extraterrestrial life will be similar to microbes, or small animals - but adds advanced lifeforms may be "nomads, looking to conquer and colonize."

The Discovery Channel said Sunday it will broadcast "Stephen Hawking's Universe" in Britain next month.

http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/stephen-hawking-says-aliens-exist/19453924

Dixie - In Memoriam
04-27-2010, 12:26 PM
I have heard him speak on this before. (Is that 'technically' accurate?)

In any event, from what he was saying (at one point), the human species is like a bacteria, and the universe is like the human body. The 'intelligence' we have in 'exploring' the universe, is akin to bacteria present in the body, triggering antibodies, which destroy the bacteria. He cautions against programs like SETI, because they could 'trigger' a reaction from more advanced life in the universe, life we don't understand or comprehend any more than a bacteria understands antibodies.

Minister of Truth
04-27-2010, 01:07 PM
This story pissed off my roommate, who denounced Hawking as "barbaric." I think its fucking hilarious!! My only question is, why does everyone always assume that the intelligent aliens we come in contact with will be more advanced than us technologically? Suppose the UFOs and death rays are in our court?

Dixie - In Memoriam
04-27-2010, 01:15 PM
This story pissed off my roommate, who denounced Hawking as "barbaric." I think its fucking hilarious!! My only question is, why does everyone always assume that the intelligent aliens we come in contact with will be more advanced than us technologically? Suppose the UFOs and death rays are in our court?

And what Hawking is saying is, what if the universe has some kind of 'antibody' element we aren't aware of, a 'self-cleaning' process of dealing with undesirable 'virus' detected? Our sending signals out into space, looking for some other life form, could be very dangerous for our existence. We might be better served to remain 'quiet' and hope we aren't noticed.

apple0154
04-27-2010, 03:07 PM
And what Hawking is saying is, what if the universe has some kind of 'antibody' element we aren't aware of, a 'self-cleaning' process of dealing with undesirable 'virus' detected? Our sending signals out into space, looking for some other life form, could be very dangerous for our existence. We might be better served to remain 'quiet' and hope we aren't noticed.

They know we're here. Erich Von Daniken explained it years ago and the Sumerians tell of the Anunnaki and the planet Nibiru. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNKctJV07DE&feature=related

ZappasGuitar
04-27-2010, 03:16 PM

LONDON (April 25) -- British astrophysicist Stephen Hawking says aliens are out there, but it could be too dangerous for humans to interact with extraterrestrial life.

Hawking claims in a new documentary that intelligent alien lifeforms almost certainly exist, but warns that communicating with them could be "too risky."
The 68-year-old scientist says a visit by extraterrestrials to Earth would be like Christopher Columbus arriving in the Americas, "which didn't turn out very well for the Native Americans."

He speculates most extraterrestrial life will be similar to microbes, or small animals - but adds advanced lifeforms may be "nomads, looking to conquer and colonize."

The Discovery Channel said Sunday it will broadcast "Stephen Hawking's Universe" in Britain next month.

http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/stephen-hawking-says-aliens-exist/19453924

Sounds like Hawking finally got around to watching Independence Day.

ZappasGuitar
04-27-2010, 03:18 PM

Well, as long as it isn't racist douchebags like you doing the shouting into the cosmos, I think the Earth will be okay.

Canceled1
04-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Well, as long as it isn't racist douchebags like you doing the shouting into the cosmos, I think the Earth will be okay.

We know you're going to try and tell us that thing that crawled up your a$$, and took residency in your gut is an alien being, but prick, come on!

When's the due date for reals? You been hatching that thang about 9-10 mos since the surgery. You could officially name it Lambchop! :cof1:

TuTu Monroe
04-27-2010, 04:25 PM

Aliens are already here in the form of liberals.

apple0154
04-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Aliens are already here in the form of liberals.

Is THAT what Reagan was trying to tell us?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag44dRO8LEA

WinterBorn
04-28-2010, 03:48 AM
They know we're here. Erich Von Daniken explained it years ago and the Sumerians tell of the Anunnaki and the planet Nibiru.

Except Von Daniken has been convicted of fraud before he ever wrote Chariot of the Gods. And many of the "facts" he used have been proven false. In fact, there are some that were proven false before he published his work.

Given a choice between believing Steven Hawking and Von Daniken, I'll believe Hawking.

apple0154
04-28-2010, 05:00 AM
Except Von Daniken has been convicted of fraud before he ever wrote Chariot of the Gods. And many of the "facts" he used have been proven false. In fact, there are some that were proven false before he published his work.

Given a choice between believing Steven Hawking and Von Daniken, I'll believe Hawking.

So you don't think we've been discovered yet?

PostmodernProphet
04-28-2010, 06:01 AM
why does everyone always assume that the intelligent aliens we come in contact with will be more advanced than us technologically?

probably since, because we don't know how to get to them, the only way we're going to meet is if they know how to get to us.......

WinterBorn
04-28-2010, 06:07 AM
So you don't think we've been discovered yet?

I have no way of knowing. Von Daniken did raise some interesting points, but much of his work was unscientific.

I believe, if we have been discovered, we are viewed as a sort of galactic dumpster spilling garbage out around us. I cannot see any alien race being impressed with what they found here.

PostmodernProphet
04-28-2010, 06:19 AM
I have no way of knowing. Von Daniken did raise some interesting points, but much of his work was unscientific.

I believe, if we have been discovered, we are viewed as a sort of galactic dumpster spilling garbage out around us. I cannot see any alien race being impressed with what they found here.

why do you assume they don't dump garbage.....perhaps they are visiting because they have ruined the ecology of their planet and need a new one....

WinterBorn
04-28-2010, 06:47 AM
why do you assume they don't dump garbage.....perhaps they are visiting because they have ruined the ecology of their planet and need a new one....

That is entirely possible. My belief is based on the idea that they can receive and decipher our transmissions, and see the amount of debris we have put into orbit versus the technology we have developed.

Looking at video signals transmitted, we have to look like a violent and primitive race. The amount of debris floating around us, when viewed in comparison to the progress we have made in space travel, makes us look like the spinning dumpster.

They may well be traveling looking for a new place to exploit. But they would obviously have the resources to travel from outside our galaxy. That alone would take huge amounts of resources and technology that is beyond us.

FUCK THE POLICE
04-30-2010, 02:38 PM
I have heard him speak on this before. (Is that 'technically' accurate?)

In any event, from what he was saying (at one point), the human species is like a bacteria, and the universe is like the human body.

No, it isn't.

T
he 'intelligence' we have in 'exploring' the universe, is akin to bacteria present in the body, triggering antibodies, which destroy the bacteria. He cautions against programs like SETI, because they could 'trigger' a reaction from more advanced life in the universe, life we don't understand or comprehend any more than a bacteria understands antibodies.

SETI detects signals, it doesn't send them.

FUCK THE POLICE
04-30-2010, 02:43 PM
That is entirely possible. My belief is based on the idea that they can receive and decipher our transmissions, and see the amount of debris we have put into orbit versus the technology we have developed.

They'd need one hell of a telescope to literally see space debris around us. We couldn't see debris around mars with the hubble.

Looking at video signals transmitted, we have to look like a violent and primitive race.

It is ironically only through human moral emotions that we seem violent and primitive. I think aliens would probably have different moral emotions, and just wouldn't care or wouldn't understand.

They may well be traveling looking for a new place to exploit. But they would obviously have the resources to travel from outside our galaxy. That alone would take huge amounts of resources and technology that is beyond us.

To transport an entire race of people from one star system to another is probably beyond anyone's technology. The amount of energy required would be unfathomable. They could send probes to other planets with to provide the seed for a colony for their race, but transporting massive amounts of resources or your entire race through interstellar space is probably impractical for any alien.

FUCK THE POLICE
04-30-2010, 02:45 PM

Dixie, the universe doesn't care. It isn't alive.

FUCK THE POLICE
04-30-2010, 02:48 PM
This story pissed off my roommate, who denounced Hawking as "barbaric."

Why would Hawking be barbaric?

If their really were aliens roaming the universe and stripping resources (something I think would be an impractical way of life, given the amount of energy required for interstellar travel), I think don't think us contacting them would make any difference in their decision to strip or not to strip Earth. Mars, Venus, Mercury, and the moons around the gas giants are just as good targets. If an alien wants to survive, it's gotta find a reason to do something besides for teh evilz.

FUCK THE POLICE
04-30-2010, 02:49 PM

Again, aliens would be so radically different from us in emotion, morality, and thought that it's pointless to even speculate what they'd think.

Timshel
04-30-2010, 03:29 PM
They know we're here. Erich Von Daniken explained it years ago and the Sumerians tell of the Anunnaki and the planet Nibiru.

LOL

apple0154
04-30-2010, 04:02 PM
LOL

(Excerpt)In 1957, 23 year old Antonio Villas Boas was a Brazilian farmer by trade....... Several small humanoid creatures captured him and took him into the saucer.

Now in walks a completely naked woman with hair so blonde it was almost white. She had elongated blue eyes and very pale skin with a concentration of freckles on her arms. She had high cheekbones, normal nose and a mouth with thin, almost non-existent lips, and a very pointed chin. Her underarm and pubic hair was almost blood red. She had the most beautiful body that Boas had ever seen. (End)
http://www.pararesearchers.org/Alien_Abduction/male/male.html

One reason I have doubts about this story is because when it comes to "almost non-existent lips" one would think technically superior aliens would be aware of lip augmentation with collagen injections. :rolleyes:

signalmankenneth
05-11-2010, 03:59 PM

I disagree with Hawking, the only reason advanced lifeforms have not contacted us, is because we are still, half savage! Here is a quote from Star Trek:

"Perhaps... in several thousand years... your people, and mine, shall meet to reach an agreement. You are still half savage... but there is hope."

- Metron

I can't see advance lifeforms waging wars and taking over planets! There are more than likely thousands of earth like planets out there, in different forms of evolutions! If I was 5,000 or 10,000 years or even more years ahead of present day earth, why would I make contact with it? If I came past it, I would take some reading, pics and samples and leave!

apple0154
05-11-2010, 05:03 PM
I disagree with Hawking, the only reason advanced lifeforms have not contacted us, is because we are still, half savage! Here is a quote from Star Trek:

"Perhaps... in several thousand years... your people, and mine, shall meet to reach an agreement. You are still half savage... but there is hope."

- Metron

I can't see advance lifeforms waging wars and taking over planets! There are more than likely thousands of earth like planets out there, in different forms of evolutions! If I was 5,000 or 10,000 years or even more years ahead of present day earth, why would I make contact with it? If I came past it, I would take some reading, pics and samples and leave!

Assuming they are intelligent they would have way to communicate with us. They could try explaining things and see if we're interested in not being savages.

Considering cultures like the Mayans and the Egyptians knew things that were "rediscovered" thousands of years later it does pose the question, "How did they know?" Did some one show/tell them?

signalmankenneth
05-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Assuming they are intelligent they would have way to communicate with us. They could try explaining things and see if we're interested in not being savages.

Considering cultures like the Mayans and the Egyptians knew things that were "rediscovered" thousands of years later it does pose the question, "How did they know?" Did some one show/tell them?

Mankind will need to solve it's own problems such as war, poverty, and all the other human short comings without outside interference! If this planet still has wars and poverty, and all the other human short comings by the year 3,000, I think we will be doomed as a civilization!

apple0154
05-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Mankind will need to solve it's own problems such as war, poverty, and all the other human short comings without outside interference! If this planet still has wars and poverty, and all the other human short comings by the year 3,000, I think we will be doomed as a civilization!

If there was less poverty there would be less wars.

Dixie - In Memoriam
05-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Dixie, the universe doesn't care. It isn't alive.

You do not "KNOW" this for a fact, and can't provide any evidence to support this conclusion. You may argue, in our limited knowledge, we don't believe the universe to be a living entity, but there is a LOT of things we totally do not know! Perhaps, like bacteria once were, it is simply a form of life we do not yet comprehend or understand? You know, they thought Louie Pasteur was certifiably nuts when he theorized bacteria "lived" in our food and water! They ridiculed him, scoffed at his theory, and nearly ran the man out of France, because he dared to claim such a thing.

Again, aliens would be so radically different from us in emotion, morality, and thought that it's pointless to even speculate what they'd think.

Again, something you do not "KNOW" and can not provide evidence to support. I appreciate that you THINK this would be the case, and chances are, alien life would probably be much different than our own, but making bonehead assertions of what IS and ISN'T a possibility, is just plain... boneheaded! You fucking just don't know... maybe alien life is EXACTLY the same morally and emotionally? If our morals and emotions are naturally derived through an evolutionary process, why wouldn't they be naturally derived the same way elsewhere? Nothing "scientific" indicates they would not be.

FUCK THE POLICE
05-12-2010, 11:42 AM
:facepalm:

Minister of Truth
05-12-2010, 02:48 PM
I just want to point out that quoting Star Trek to make arguments in this thread = automatic fail...

apple0154
05-12-2010, 03:19 PM
I just want to point out that quoting Star Trek to make arguments in this thread = automatic fail...

Yea, well, you just better hope you never end up on Triskelion with the gamesters!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrsGvuvVwUk"

Damocles
05-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Yea, well, you just better hope you never end up on Triskelion with the gamesters!

YouTube- Star Trek - 45 - The gamesters of Triskelion Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrsGvuvVwUk)
Isn't that the one where he kissed some hot alien woman with differently colored hair?

apple0154
05-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Isn't that the one where he kissed some hot alien woman with differently colored hair?

He makes out with a gal in the picture in post 31. The gal in front, on the right hand side.

Kirk always got the gal. He was a true hero. At least a hero for an adolescent boy. :)

Damocles
05-13-2010, 06:26 PM
He makes out with a gal in the picture in post 31. The gal in front, on the right hand side.

Kirk always got the gal. He was a true hero. At least a hero for an adolescent boy. :)
I could have picked it randomly. He made out with some alien woman in almost every episode...

Thorn
05-13-2010, 08:07 PM

Maybe ... but I always found him a bit creepy, kind of smarmy. But then, I've never been an adolescent male either.

apple0154
05-14-2010, 06:14 AM
I could have picked it randomly. He made out with some alien woman in almost every episode...

There wasn't a racist bone in his body. :)

apple0154
05-14-2010, 06:24 AM
Maybe ... but I always found him a bit creepy, kind of smarmy. But then, I've never been an adolescent male either.

They say no human male can resist an Orion woman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKEAQjV8ghg"

Damocles
05-14-2010, 12:33 PM
They say no human male can resist an Orion woman.

YouTube- GREEN WOMAN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKEAQjV8ghg)
Riiiight. Sounds like an Excuse for T. Kirk's wife...

Thorn
05-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Riiiight. Sounds like an Excuse for T. Kirk's wife...

Hmmm -- that looks something like one of my old Hallowe'en costumes. Except that I was supposed to be the Little Green Sprout.

apple0154
05-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Hmmm -- that looks something like one of my old Hallowe'en costumes. Except that I was supposed to be the Little Green Sprout.

Assuming you were an adult and went to a Hallowe'en costume party I bet a lot of guys claimed to be vegetarians. :)

wanderingbear
05-14-2010, 11:56 PM
More dangerous than humans? I find that unlikely.

Minister of Truth
05-15-2010, 01:51 AM
We all need to stock up on radioactive meteor fragments, just to be safe...

Cypress
05-16-2010, 05:29 PM

I've always found that a successful survival strategy is to curry favor with one's superiors.

I for one, welcome the pending arrival of our benevolent Alien Overlords.

USFREEDOM911
05-16-2010, 05:37 PM
I've always found that a successful survival strategy is to curry favor with one's superiors.

So, you are a kiss ass!! :good4u:

apple0154
05-17-2010, 05:41 AM
Originally Posted by Cypress

So, you are a kiss ass!! :good4u:

Check out the Pleiadians: (Excerpt)These beings reside and come from the star constellation named the Pleiades.......There is no dishonesty on Erra as their form of communication is through telepathy..........Pleiadians resemble earth beings, the only difference is lighter skin."(End)
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread510867/pg1

Communicating through telepathy. Take a moment to consider what that means. Just thinking about what one desires is immediately conveyed to ones partner. Talk about being in sync!! :D

/MSG/
05-24-2010, 07:42 PM
More dangerous than humans? I find that unlikely.
I don't. Just look at cockroaches. They're going to go extinct entirely through their own actions.

midcan5
06-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Hopefully we'll be able to keep our casinos.

Hermes Thoth
09-13-2010, 01:12 PM

You're a pussy for being afraid of aliens.

I will smash their entire existence with my cosmic mind strings. Isn't that what you would do?

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

hotdog
09-13-2010, 04:46 PM
UFO's are really antimatter meteors. That explains why their is never any evidence at crash sites. They disappear because the entire thing is turned into energy. They move strangly because gravity and the atomposhere effect anti mater differently from regular matter. Burned bodies found at sites of UFO's are just humans fried with a lot of radiation. Radiation realised from matter and anti matter destroying each other is extremely powerful and deadly. The Radiation might also cause hullucinations and brain damage.