PDA

View Full Version : Merging Forums

BRUTALITOPS
08-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Ok, I am just putting it out there, not saying everyone is going to agree with me...

Quite frankly, in my humble opinion, the board seems a little cluttered. I just don't believe that it's neccesary to have so many sub forums. Take Pictures for example, only 3 threads have been made there so far, compared to 55 for 'whatever goes.' I don't think it would be out of place for that forum to be merged with the main 'whatever goes'.. considering the low number of threads being started in the pictures forum to begin with.. and also.. whatever goes.. means,.... whatever goes.

Also, I am still of the opinion that I think current and general politics should be merged.. I just don't see the reason for the split. Most of the time we are going to be discussing daily issues anyway. There may be broader theory, but I think this member base is smart enough to be able to deal with it all together.

I guess when it comes down to it, it's not a big issue, just asthetics, but I thought I would just put it out there. Maybe others disagree with me, I don't know . . I just think it's better to kind of not spread everything to thin...

- Grind

Damocles
08-03-2006, 06:59 PM
I likely will merge the Pictures Forum into the Whatever Goes forum... However the others are likely to remain. Not every discussion in politics is Current, also I don't like how quickly good threads move down, making them difficult to find, or dropping them off of other's radars... It will depend on what others think, but so far the board has been working well with this many options.

BRUTALITOPS
08-03-2006, 07:00 PM
ok fair enough I suppose.. but yeah, i think merging the pictures forum at least is a good idea.

Damocles
08-03-2006, 07:02 PM
I was thinking of doing that anyway to even out the forums... It was looking a bit lopsided down there.

BRUTALITOPS
08-03-2006, 07:06 PM
ahhh better :)

Damocles
08-03-2006, 07:07 PM
You do know that you can collapse areas so you are only viewing those you want to see, right?

BRUTALITOPS
08-03-2006, 07:16 PM
well yes, but then I might not see important information. I think it's better to just merge in my opinion.