PDA

View Full Version : I'm Seeing Spots Before My Eyes

Minister of Truth
03-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Damo, the dot by my screen name has changed from green to red. What gives?

Also, my little brother is now in Air Force Basic Training, as of Tuesday evening. He's going active duty. Prayers welcome from all who do them, for the next 8 weeks. :cof1:

USFREEDOM911
03-25-2010, 07:59 PM

Also, my little brother is now in Air Force Basic Training, as of Tuesday evening. He's going active duty. Prayers welcome from all who do them, for the next 8 weeks. :cof1:

My best wishes for him.
My oldest Grandson goes in to Army Basic, in a couple of months.

Minister of Truth
03-25-2010, 08:01 PM
My best wishes for him.

Thanks. Congrats to your grandson, and good luck!

USFREEDOM911
03-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Thanks. Congrats to your grandson, and good luck!

His mom is a little unsure about this; but like I told her, this is something that he's been wanting to do.

He wants to get into MP duty.

Thanks to you, also.

Minister of Truth
03-25-2010, 08:07 PM
His mom is a little unsure about this; but like I told her, this is something that he's been wanting to do.

He wants to get into MP duty.

Thanks to you, also.

If he's serious MP material, then he should handle Basic pretty well. I'm a bit worried about my brother, because he's way less mature for his age, and he is 19 whereas I was not yet 18 1/2. Plus, AF Basic is harder then when I went through!!

USFREEDOM911
03-25-2010, 08:11 PM
If he's serious MP material, then he should handle Basic pretty well. I'm a bit worried about my brother, because he's way less mature for his age, and he is 19 whereas I was not yet 18 1/2. Plus, AF Basic is harder then when I went through!!

He wants to get the training and experiance; because he wants to get into SWAT, when he eventually leaves the service.
He stands at 6' 1" or 6' 2" and has a shoulder width like me.
He's a big boy.

I tried to talk him into going into the AF; but he had his mind set of the Army.

Minister of Truth
03-25-2010, 08:14 PM
He wants to get the training and experiance; because he wants to get into SWAT, when he eventually leaves the service.
He stands at 6' 1" or 6' 2" and has a shoulder width like me.
He's a big boy.

I tried to talk him into going into the AF; but he had his mind set of the Army.

That's awesome, SWAT is a pretty serious path to pursue. I am 6' .5'', and my bro is 6 even. The plus that I see him having over me, is that even though he is behind me emotionally, he is much smarter (still no idea why he is scared to begin college asap) and a bit tougher than me. He will go to electronics school, which I could never have hoped to go anywhere near.

USFREEDOM911
03-25-2010, 08:18 PM
That's awesome, SWAT is a pretty serious path to pursue. I am 6' .5'', and my bro is 6 even. The plus that I see him having over me, is that even though he is behind me emotionally, he is much smarter (still no idea why he is scared to begin college asap) and a bit tougher than me. He will go to electronics school, which I could never have hoped to go anywhere near.

He's been trying to get everything done, for over a year.
The first recruiter missed two appointments and just stopped talking to him.

Now that he's signed, I"m going to sit down and talk to him.
I want him to understand that basic is forever and that they're going to try and find what buttons they can push.

I fugure that if he can put up with me, then he'll do OK. LOL

Is your brother planning on being a Carreer guy, or does he have other plans??

Minister of Truth
03-25-2010, 08:27 PM
He's been trying to get everything done, for over a year.
The first recruiter missed two appointments and just stopped talking to him.

Now that he's signed, I"m going to sit down and talk to him.
I want him to understand that basic is forever and that they're going to try and find what buttons they can push.

I fugure that if he can put up with me, then he'll do OK. LOL

Is your brother planning on being a Carreer guy, or does he have other plans??

I'm actually not sure. I've always planned to go 20 years, and I am looking to switch over to the Active Guard in the near future. He did sign for 6 years instead of 4, which is what I did.

My recruiter was a bit inept, and halfway through my senior year, I met with him, did my physical, took the ASVAB, and got my security clearence. Then his office lost my file, and they temporarily lost my security clearence in cyberspace. When I came back after graduation, he was like, "oh, damn, I remember you. Someone seems to have lost your file." He also never spelled or pronounced my name correctly, and he got all sorts of other personal info wrong on my forms...

USFREEDOM911
03-25-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm actually not sure. I've always planned to go 20 years, and I am looking to switch over to the Active Guard in the near future. He did sign for 6 years instead of 4, which is what I did.

My recruiter was a bit inept, and halfway through my senior year, I met with him, did my physical, took the ASVAB, and got my security clearence. Then his office lost my file, and they temporarily lost my security clearence in cyberspace. When I came back after graduation, he was like, "oh, damn, I remember you. Someone seems to have lost your file." He also never spelled or pronounced my name correctly, and he got all sorts of other personal info wrong on my forms...

I started to go in to the AF back in 78.
Took all the tests and blew them out of the water.
The recruiter said they were looking for Jet Mechanics and MP's.
I've always been good with my hands; but the MP's interested me.
Told him that I would sign for a 6 year stint; but I wanted one concession and that was I wanted to be stationed in AZ, for my first 2 years, after basic and/or any speciality training.
He asked why and I told him that I knew that I was responsible for moving my family, in the first 2 years (at that time); but after that the AF would do it.
I also told him that I was older then most of the other recruits and that I wasn't one that was going to be going on leave and getting arrested for drinking and/or whoring.

He told me that he couldn't do that and then I guess he got upset; because I told him that I had already talked to my Uncle, who had been a lifer, and yes he could.

I would have probably stayed in for life.

He got an attitude and I told him; Fine, take the guy who got second best place on the tests.

Minister of Truth
03-25-2010, 08:41 PM
LOLZ

WinterBorn
03-26-2010, 05:28 AM
Congrats and thanks to both young men entering the service.

Basic sucks and they will do all they can to push their buttons.

The best advice I got still holds true. They own the bat, the ball, the field, and they pay the umpires. You can do it their way and come out even or you can fightthe system and lose. If you go into it wanting to get into it, you will do fine.

Untold numbers have survived basic and come out ready to serve. So will these two fine young men.

TuTu Monroe
03-26-2010, 10:36 AM
My best wishes for him.

Military service trains them to be men.

USFREEDOM911
03-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Congrats and thanks to both young men entering the service.

Basic sucks and they will do all they can to push their buttons.

The best advice I got still holds true. They own the bat, the ball, the field, and they pay the umpires. You can do it their way and come out even or you can fightthe system and lose. If you go into it wanting to get into it, you will do fine.

Untold numbers have survived basic and come out ready to serve. So will these two fine young men.

Thanks and I'll pass on that advice, when I talk to my Grandson.

USFREEDOM911
03-26-2010, 10:44 AM

I've always thought of it was helping them to understand responsibility.

I sure hope all those young women, that are enlisting, don't become men. :cof1:

Damocles
03-26-2010, 10:44 AM

You would be browsing "invisibly" if your dot is red.

USFREEDOM911
03-26-2010, 10:46 AM

I thought invisible was white!! :eek:

Minister of Truth
03-26-2010, 01:17 PM

Oh, okay.

Socrtease
03-27-2010, 12:24 PM
If he's serious MP material, then he should handle Basic pretty well. I'm a bit worried about my brother, because he's way less mature for his age, and he is 19 whereas I was not yet 18 1/2. Plus, AF Basic is harder then when I went through!!How is it harder, do they now make you walk the 2.5 miles before lunch? I was in AIT at Fort Gordon, and the Air Force had permanent duty station people there. There PT test was a joke.

apple0154
03-27-2010, 12:29 PM

I thought women did that. :)

TuTu Monroe
03-27-2010, 02:32 PM
I thought women did that. :)

It doesn't always work, so we have to kick them out. ;)

apple0154
03-27-2010, 03:39 PM
It doesn't always work, so we have to kick them out. ;)

Ahhhh, that's why the donkey pic is there. I hear they kick real good. :eek:

TuTu Monroe
03-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Ahhhh, that's why the donkey pic is there. I hear they kick real good. :eek:

Yeah, donkey's can be vicious. :D

Minister of Truth
03-27-2010, 07:14 PM
How is it harder, do they now make you walk the 2.5 miles before lunch? I was in AIT at Fort Gordon, and the Air Force had permanent duty station people there. There PT test was a joke.

I went through in 2004, not in 1975.

BRUTALITOPS
03-29-2010, 08:59 AM
If I ever went into something like basic training I would literally straight up die.

Minister of Truth
03-30-2010, 01:19 PM
If I ever went into something like basic training I would literally straight up die.

That's the right attitude!!

Damocles
03-30-2010, 01:52 PM
It isn't nearly as bad as people think.

Canceled1
03-31-2010, 08:06 AM
I thought invisible was white!! :eek:

It is. If it's red, then it's only red for some.

Mott the Hoople
03-31-2010, 10:51 AM
If he's serious MP material, then he should handle Basic pretty well. I'm a bit worried about my brother, because he's way less mature for his age, and he is 19 whereas I was not yet 18 1/2. Plus, AF Basic is harder then when I went through!!Don't worry....he's a man now!

Mott the Hoople
03-31-2010, 10:51 AM
Pussy.

Mott the Hoople
03-31-2010, 11:03 AM
I started to go in to the AF back in 78.
Took all the tests and blew them out of the water.
The recruiter said they were looking for Jet Mechanics and MP's.
I've always been good with my hands; but the MP's interested me.
Told him that I would sign for a 6 year stint; but I wanted one concession and that was I wanted to be stationed in AZ, for my first 2 years, after basic and/or any speciality training.
He asked why and I told him that I knew that I was responsible for moving my family, in the first 2 years (at that time); but after that the AF would do it.
I also told him that I was older then most of the other recruits and that I wasn't one that was going to be going on leave and getting arrested for drinking and/or whoring.

He told me that he couldn't do that and then I guess he got upset; because I told him that I had already talked to my Uncle, who had been a lifer, and yes he could.

I would have probably stayed in for life.

He got an attitude and I told him; Fine, take the guy who got second best place on the tests.I almost got tricked by a recruiter in High School. Talked to the Army, they wanted to make an infantryman out of me. Not interested. Talked to the Air Force, they wanted to make a mechanic out of me, doubly not interested (No slam on mechanics intended, just not my thing). Didn't even talk to the Marine Corp. Wasn't the least bit interested in being a bad ass. Talked to the Navy. They got all excited when they interviewed me. Loved my interests, wanted to offer me a great carreer in medical training. I got real excited about that. Went to talk to my Uncle who served in the Corp during Nam (he was a grad student at the time).

He laughed and told me that was an old trick by the Navy. That they would give me great medical training. Turn me into a medic and then I'd spend the rest of my term humping my ass in the great outdoors and dodging bullets in some god forsaken place with a bunch of mentally challenged jar heads.

I went back and turned the offer down. Man those recruiters must spend 6 months training at a used car dealership!

Mott the Hoople
03-31-2010, 11:06 AM
I went through in 2004, not in 1975.
It took you that long to walk 2.5 miles? :eek:

Mott the Hoople
03-31-2010, 11:08 AM
It isn't nearly as bad as people think.Hmmm Having some big guy, with out an ounce of body fat, screaming at you while you're being PT'd till your asshole sucks buttermilk just doesn't sound exactly fun. LOL

FUCK THE POLICE
04-07-2010, 11:10 AM

Your stupid God's already made up his mind. What good would prayers do?

FUCK THE POLICE
04-07-2010, 11:12 AM

Military service drains people of their humanity.

Minister of Truth
04-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Your stupid God's already made up his mind. What good would prayers do?

Your Mom.