PDA

View Full Version : I was watching the entire debate on CSPAN...

Damocles
03-21-2010, 10:14 PM
As I was watching the debate for the health care insurance purchase mandate, I gave blurbs as to what point they were at on the debate on Facebook...

If any of y'all facebook, become a fan of Just Plain Politics!

I'll try to update it with stuff that is happening on the site, or with information on what is happening in politics...

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Just-Plain-Politics/54141548005?ref=ts

:D

If it picks up, maybe we can get some new blood in here...

:cof1:

Canceled1
03-22-2010, 10:24 AM
As I was watching the debate for the health care insurance purchase mandate, I gave blurbs as to what point they were at on the debate on Facebook...

If any of y'all facebook, become a fan of Just Plain Politics!

I'll try to update it with stuff that is happening on the site, or with information on what is happening in politics...

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Just-Plain-Politics/54141548005?ref=ts

:D

If it picks up, maybe we can get some new blood in here...

:cof1:

I personally can't stand facebook. The ability to hack and mess up your computer is so gross with this social networking site that people who use it should take great pause and caution.

The newest virus alert was just reported by our IT department. I know when they are giving us notice, we should more than likely stay the heck away from it.

Damocles
03-22-2010, 10:29 AM
I personally can't stand facebook. The ability to hack and mess up your computer is so gross with this social networking site that people who use it should take great pause and caution.

The newest virus alert was just reported by our IT department. I know when they are giving us notice, we should more than likely stay the heck away from it.
What about Twitter? Should I create something there?

Most people can learn to be careful on Facebook though. It isn't hard to find the spyware spreaders...

Canceled1
03-22-2010, 10:33 AM

Most people can learn to be careful on Facebook though. It isn't hard to find the spyware spreaders...

Don't you ever get sick and tired of being "connected"?

Damocles
03-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Sometimes. Then I go camping.

Canceled1
03-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Sometimes. Then I go camping.

I trail run, hike, power walk and will start some sailing now that the weather is shaping up.

As soon as I am off work, I am headed for a 7 mile trek.

ZappasGuitar
03-22-2010, 12:12 PM
I trail run, hike, power walk and will start some sailing now that the weather is shaping up.

Big whoop!

You want a badge or something??

:clink:

Canceled1
03-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Big whoop!

You want a badge or something??

:clink:

Nope, but then again if you were able to even do a mile, they would declare it a National Holiday, fatty.

Canceled2
03-22-2010, 04:04 PM

There's already a JPP Ale house on facebook...weren't you invited???

Damocles
03-22-2010, 08:23 PM
There's already a JPP Ale house on facebook...weren't you invited???
Guess not.

Canceled2
03-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Guess not.

:cool:

Canceled1
03-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Guess not.

Either was I.

Waaaahhhh!!!!!!!! ......................................

Oh that's right! I HATE Facebook!!!!

:lmao:

WinterBorn
03-23-2010, 07:23 AM

Facebook does have more than its share of viruses and trojans. But, like anything else online, you just have to be careful.

I like being about to chat with friends old & new.

Damocles
03-23-2010, 07:26 AM
I'm surprised how many of my friends I got in contact with. It's a very useful tool for that and the most visited site on the interwebs. I may advertise this place there to see if it would be more successful gathering interest.

WinterBorn
03-23-2010, 07:30 AM
I'm surprised how many of my friends I got in contact with.

That is the best thing about the site. I reconnected with friends I haven't seen in 30+ years.

Canceled1
03-23-2010, 07:47 AM
Facebook does have more than its share of viruses and trojans. But, like anything else online, you just have to be careful.

I like being about to chat with friends old & new.

You have to be careful everywhere you are in this world man. The grocery store when you use your debit card; stores where you use your credit card. There's a thief lurking in almost every area of our electronic life.

The one place I can escape from it all is at home, hiking/running, watching a movie etc.. Facebook requires more time and energy than I am willing to give it. Has nothing to do with not wanting to connect with people.

WinterBorn
03-23-2010, 07:53 AM
You have to be careful everywhere you are in this world man. The grocery store when you use your debit card; stores where you use your credit card. There's a thief lurking in almost every area of our electronic life.

The one place I can escape from it all is at home, hiking/running, watching a movie etc.. Facebook requires more time and energy than I am willing to give it. Has nothing to do with not wanting to connect with people.

You are absolutely right about having to be careful everywhere.

As far as FB, its a choice.

Mott the Hoople
03-24-2010, 10:11 AM
No Doubt!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJQFf0qj9Nk"

Mott the Hoople
03-24-2010, 10:12 AM

Took my bike off the trainer last weekend. Got 40 miles in before the rains came! :)