PDA

View Full Version : Logging in

egordon0315
03-20-2010, 11:08 PM
I used to be able to just click on my link to jusplainpolitics and be logged in. Now I have to enter my user name and password every time. It is not that big of a problem, but a pain in the a**. Has something changed?

Damocles
03-20-2010, 11:25 PM
I used to be able to just click on my link to jusplainpolitics and be logged in. Now I have to enter my user name and password every time. It is not that big of a problem, but a pain in the a**. Has something changed?
Nothing changed, but you should be able to click the "remember me" box and it should be the same as it always was for you. Did you recently delete cookies or something?

egordon0315
03-21-2010, 06:21 AM
Nothing changed, but you should be able to click the "remember me" box and it should be the same as it always was for you. Did you recently delete cookies or something?
Not very recently, since I did, over the past two weeks or so, I have had to manually log in every time :-(

Damocles
03-21-2010, 08:22 AM
Not very recently, since I did, over the past two weeks or so, I have had to manually log in every time :-(
Yeah, next time you log in, make sure to checkmark the "remember me" box.

egordon0315
03-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah, next time you log in, make sure to checkmark the "remember me" box.
I've checked "remember me" three times today.

Don't worry about it. It must have something to do with my security settings. It is not a problem to type in my user name and password each time. I just wanted to be sure that you guys were not trying to discourage me from joining in.

cancel2 2022
03-21-2010, 02:48 PM
I've checked "remember me" three times today.

Don't worry about it. It must have something to do with my security settings. It is not a problem to type in my user name and password each time. I just wanted to be sure that you guys were not trying to discourage me from joining in.

If you have Firefox there is an add-on called LastPass which just what you need to login to websites including this one.

egordon0315
03-21-2010, 03:21 PM
If you have Firefox there is an add-on called LastPass which just what you need to login to websites including this one.
I just checked "remember me" for the forth time today.

You probably don't remember, but you sold me on Firefox. I'll look into it. Thanks, Tom.

cancel2 2022
03-21-2010, 05:11 PM
I just checked "remember me" for the forth time today.

You probably don't remember, but you sold me on Firefox. I'll look into it. Thanks, Tom.

I had forgotten, thanks for reminding me.