PDA

View Full Version : APP - Teaparty Supporters Mock man with Parkinsons

Socrtease
03-20-2010, 06:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ik4f1dRbP8"

Thorn
03-20-2010, 07:00 PM
YouTube- Tea Partiers Mock And Scorn Apparent Parkinson's Victim (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ik4f1dRbP8)

I just read that they went further than that: they called a congressman who intends to vote for the health legislation the "N" word to his face, and called Barney Frank a "faggot". Nice folks, those. Makes you want to be just like them, doesn't it?

PostmodernProphet
03-20-2010, 07:03 PM
??....they weren't mocking him because he had Parkinsons so far as I could see....

Socrtease
03-20-2010, 07:09 PM
They were throwing money at him. Calling him a communist because he wants healthcare so he doesn't go broke trying to take care of himself. That is so very American. The Teaparty has no tollerence for opposing views and no compassion for the ill.

PostmodernProphet
03-20-2010, 07:11 PM
They were throwing money at him. Calling him a communist because he wants healthcare so he doesn't go broke trying to take care of himself. That is so very American. The Teaparty has no tollerence for opposing views and no compassion for the ill.

/shrugs.....they would probably call every other person in favor of healthcare a communist as well.....doesn't have anything to do with Parkinsons.....

no tollerence for opposing views
???...I'm willing to tolerate your opposing view up until the point you try to make it a law that effects what I can do....at that point you can shove it....

Socrtease
03-20-2010, 07:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfvnNzgQy7Q&feature=channel"

Socrtease
03-20-2010, 07:17 PM
/shrugs.....they would probably call every other person in favor of healthcare a communist as well.....doesn't have anything to do with Parkinsons.....

???...I'm willing to tolerate your opposing view up until the point you try to make it a law that effects what I can do....at that point you can shove it....

This is the American system. Laws are foisted upon many of us every year we don't like. If you don't like it vote for someone else. But throwing things at a sick man because you don't like his point of view is grossly in violation of what our country was founded on. I feel like some of you are going to start another civil war over this. This is STUPID. You conservatives mocked the behavior of code pinkers and you look JUST LIKE THEM.

SmarterthanYou
03-20-2010, 07:27 PM

what would you prefer, the nazi party?

Socrtease
03-20-2010, 07:36 PM
what would you prefer, the nazi party?what do you prefer, that people go bankrupt because of illness? I have a friend filing bankruptcy because he lost a leg and he HAD insurance. It still is breaking him. There has to be a happy medium somewhere. you teaparty members act like the system is fine. It's not.

SmarterthanYou
03-20-2010, 07:46 PM
what do you prefer, that people go bankrupt because of illness? I have a friend filing bankruptcy because he lost a leg and he HAD insurance. It still is breaking him. There has to be a happy medium somewhere. you teaparty members act like the system is fine. It's not.

i have a wife. she has a heart condition. it's genetic. we have no insurance. we have no insurance because they dropped us from our costs.

if we stopped benefitting the insurance companies and let the free market handle the issue, we just might be alright. that happy medium you're suggesting, of letting the government (who hasn't done anything right yet) control things is a recipe for disaster.

Taichiliberal
03-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet

This is the American system. Laws are foisted upon many of us every year we don't like. If you don't like it vote for someone else. But throwing things at a sick man because you don't like his point of view is grossly in violation of what our country was founded on. I feel like some of you are going to start another civil war over this. This is STUPID. You conservatives mocked the behavior of code pinkers and you look JUST LIKE THEM.

Don't you just love the excuses neocon parrots make for the vile actions and words that keep showing up at these Teabagger follies? They keep making veiled threats based on their willful ignorance and low information status (courtesy of Fox Noise, the WND, News Max, Hannity, Crowley, etc.)....with Boehner and company just ratcheting up the fear mongering and subsequent procedural threats against fellow Congressmen and Senators.

I seem to recall certain posters on these boards swearing up and down that "libs" were just exaggerating and distorting this mentality from the teabaggers. Thing is, I don't remember the Code Pinkers bringing guns to rallies or spitting on anyone or spewing racial slurs.

Taichiliberal
03-20-2010, 10:10 PM
i have a wife. she has a heart condition. it's genetic. we have no insurance. we have no insurance because they dropped us from our costs.

if we stopped benefitting the insurance companies and let the free market handle the issue, we just might be alright. that happy medium you're suggesting, of letting the government (who hasn't done anything right yet) control things is a recipe for disaster.

The fallacy of the "free market" is demonstrated by an insurance community that wants to maintain it's exemption status from anti-trust laws.

PostmodernProphet
03-20-2010, 10:16 PM

and I think you're blowing it out of proportion.....the guy walked up and sat down two feet away from the protesters.....he brought along a guy with a camera.....I think he was hoping for some kind of reaction........as far as "throwing things at a sick man" is concerned from watching the video it appears he threw money at him.....don't try to make it sound like he tried to hurt him.....

PostmodernProphet
03-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Don't you just love the excuses neocon parrots make for the vile actions and words that keep showing up at these Teabagger follies?

you know what, Touchie....I'm tired of your mindless shit.....you're a fucking idiot.....

Taichiliberal
03-20-2010, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
Don't you just love the excuses neocon parrots make for the vile actions and words that keep showing up at these Teabagger follies?

you know what, Touchie....I'm tired of your mindless shit :gives:.....you're a fucking idiot.....

Touched a nerve, didn't I, my little Post Modern Fool? :cof1:

Socrtease
03-20-2010, 11:22 PM
You can try to spin it anyway you want but MOST people who would see that would be appalled by the Tea Party reaction to it. They were nasty, they were angry and they took it out on him. LISTED to the shit they said to him. He is 60 years old with Parkinson's. And is it really an excuse that he sat in front of them with his sign, SAYING NOTHING and a camera was there? Is that all it takes for Tea Party members to go off? I think they need to grow the fuck up. If it was a 60 year old supporting the war and code pinkers did this, you would be throwing a fit, and justifiably so.

Mott the Hoople
03-21-2010, 05:29 AM
what do you prefer, that people go bankrupt because of illness? I have a friend filing bankruptcy because he lost a leg and he HAD insurance. It still is breaking him. There has to be a happy medium somewhere. you teaparty members act like the system is fine. It's not.Well that's the hypocracy of the tea baggers. They don't walk the talk. As soon as it's them or their family members health or illness that forces them into bankruptcy they sing a different tune.

Mott the Hoople
03-21-2010, 05:33 AM

???...I'm willing to tolerate your opposing view up until the point you try to make it a law that effects what I can do....at that point you can shove it....Yea it does have something to do with Parkinson and diabetes and cancer and congestive heart failure and a plethora of other health issues that cause people to lose all that they have worked so hard for all their lives because it was their misfortune to get sick.

Essentially what the tea baggers are saying is. "If you have a serious illiness and medical expenses are costing you all you have, fuck you, eat shit and die!"

Mott the Hoople
03-21-2010, 05:38 AM
The fallacy of the "free market" is demonstrated by an insurance community that wants to maintain it's exemption status from anti-trust laws.He's got you there STY. LOL Or did you forget insurance companies aren't exactly competing in a free market. Their protected monopolies.

WinterBorn
03-21-2010, 09:54 AM

A free market would allow all the insurance companies to drop high risk people like a hot potato. It would make them able to deny coverage to anyone with conditions that might cause them to be a liability.

Cypress
03-21-2010, 10:09 AM

It's hard to believe that you actively work against your wife's health, presumably and hopefully unwittingly.

Private insurance companies lose money of people like your wife.

What world do you live in? "Free market", and for-profit entities don't have an incentive to insure people that they are guaranteed to lose money on. I think at some deeper level you understand this, but your blind partisanship puts your allegiance to your rightwing ideology above your wife's health. I'm assuming its unintentional, and you haven't thought this through.

A public, non-profit health care system, by law, couldn't exclude your wife. Which is why it's amazing you don't support single payer health care.

At a minimum, the current healthcare refomr bill makes it the law of the land that insurance companies will have to accept people like your wife.

Why anyone would actively fight against their spouses's best interest is unfathomable to me.

PostmodernProphet
03-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Touched a nerve, didn't I, my little Post Modern Fool? :cof1:
no, as usual you demonstrated you lack them.....and the brain they're supposed to be connected to.....

Taichiliberal
03-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
Touched a nerve, didn't I, my little Post Modern Fool?

no, as usual you demonstrated you lack them.....and the brain they're supposed to be connected to.....

You can bray like a jackass all you want, but Soc got your number, and what I added in Post #11 is just another fact based observation that you can neither logically refute or deny. Bottom line: the lies, distortions and fallacies you willfully ignorant neocon stooges swear by are being betrayed by the public actions of those you ardently defend and excuse.....TFB for you.

SmarterthanYou
03-21-2010, 06:01 PM
A free market would allow all the insurance companies to drop high risk people like a hot potato. It would make them able to deny coverage to anyone with conditions that might cause them to be a liability.

not free market enough. remove the power that insurance companies have over the doctors and let doctors be doctors, see and treat who they want. prices will come down because doctors will WANT to treat these people.

SmarterthanYou
03-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Well that's the hypocracy of the tea baggers. They don't walk the talk. As soon as it's them or their family members health or illness that forces them into bankruptcy they sing a different tune.

not paying attention?

SmarterthanYou
03-21-2010, 06:03 PM
It's hard to believe that you actively work against your wife's health, presumably and hopefully unwittingly.

Private insurance companies lose money of people like your wife.

What world do you live in? "Free market", and for-profit entities don't have an incentive to insure people that they are guaranteed to lose money on. I think at some deeper level you understand this, but your blind partisanship puts your allegiance to your rightwing ideology above your wife's health. I'm assuming its unintentional, and you haven't thought this through.

A public, non-profit health care system, by law, couldn't exclude your wife. Which is why it's amazing you don't support single payer health care.

At a minimum, the current healthcare refomr bill makes it the law of the land that insurance companies will have to accept people like your wife.

Why anyone would actively fight against their spouses's best interest is unfathomable to me.

yeah, i really want to support THIS bill because I want to give even MORE of my hard earned money to the government so I can get her healthcare in 3 years. are you stupid or something?

DamnYankee
03-21-2010, 06:07 PM
YouTube- Tea Partiers Mock And Scorn Apparent Parkinson's Victim (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ik4f1dRbP8) How is that mocking?

FUCK THE POLICE
03-21-2010, 09:25 PM
YouTube- Tea Partiers Mock And Scorn Apparent Parkinson's Victim (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ik4f1dRbP8)

A lot of damaging instances about the Tea Partiers are coming out these past few days.

Tensions are very high and they're generally a very angry group. Call me cynical, but I'm not exactly surprised at this kind of behavior.

FUCK THE POLICE
03-21-2010, 09:28 PM
yeah, i really want to support THIS bill because I want to give even MORE of my hard earned money to the government so I can get her healthcare in 3 years. are you stupid or something?

The excise tax in the senate bill funds the bill through a harsh tax on extremely high quality "Cadillac" plans. You probably won't be better or worse off due to this bill until around 2014, unless the high-risk pool program can benefit you.

FUCK THE POLICE
03-21-2010, 09:32 PM
How is that mocking?

Throwing the money. It's just not classy.

Damocles
03-21-2010, 09:40 PM
How did that mock him for his parkinsons?

FUCK THE POLICE
03-21-2010, 10:08 PM
His sign read "I have Parkinson's". That's it.

Damocles
03-21-2010, 10:09 PM
His sign read "I have Parkinson's". That's it.
Again. Did they mock him for his parkinson's or for his support of the legislation? The fact that he has parkinsons shouldn't exempt him from protest.

DamnYankee
03-22-2010, 06:36 AM
Again I didn't see any mocking. All I saw was disrespect, evident on both sides full force. The Libs want special rights for this guy just because he's got a disease. Sorry, but conservatives believe in equal treatment for all.

Did the guy scarf up the bills? :)

Taichiliberal
03-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Yea it does have something to do with Parkinson and diabetes and cancer and congestive heart failure and a plethora of other health issues that cause people to lose all that they have worked so hard for all their lives because it was their misfortune to get sick.

Essentially what the tea baggers are saying is. "If you have a serious illiness and medical expenses are costing you all you have, fuck you, eat shit and die!"

Bingo! But you see, to defend the teabagger's heinous actions, the game of "exact" words is played. Unless specific words and phrases are use, it's not technically "mocking". Ahh, the art of neocon hairsplitting!

Cypress
03-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Man, even the teabag attacker dude himself admitted his behaviour was shameful.

And yet you have the message board apologists for tea bagger racism parading around the thread saying they saw nothing wrong.

Congratulations, wingnuts! You've just graduated to the Glenn Beck-Michael Savage school of bigotry and cruelty.

The man who berated and tossed dollar bills at a man with Parkinson's disease during a health care protest last week says he is remorseful and scared.

"He's got every right to do what he did and some may say I did too, but what I did was shameful," Reichert said. "I haven't slept since that day."

"I made a donation (to a local Parkinson's disease group) and that starts the healing process."

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/03/24/dollar-bill-throw.html?sid=101

Taichiliberal
03-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Man, even the teabag attacker dude himself admitted his behaviour was shameful.

And yet you have the message board apologists for tea bagger racism parading around the thread saying they saw nothing wrong.

Congratulations, wingnuts! You've just graduated to the Glenn Beck-Michael Savage school of bigotry and cruelty.

The man who berated and tossed dollar bills at a man with Parkinson's disease during a health care protest last week says he is remorseful and scared.

"He's got every right to do what he did and some may say I did too, but what I did was shameful," Reichert said. "I haven't slept since that day."

"I made a donation (to a local Parkinson's disease group) and that starts the healing process."

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...w.html?sid=101

Ahhh, but unless he says, "I mocked him for his Parkinsons" our resident neocon clowns and those that make excuses for them will still squawk the same old tune....so much more to pity them.