PDA

View Full Version : Oh No, tell me it ain't so....

midcan5
03-15-2010, 04:47 AM
"This is the kind of conspiracy the deniers need to reveal to show that manmade climate change is a con. The hacked emails are a hard knock, but the science of global warming withstands much more than that."

"Gentlemen, the culmination of our great plan approaches fast. What the Master called “the ordering of men’s affairs by a transcendent world state, ordained by God and answerable to no man”, which we now know as Communist World Government, advances towards its climax at Copenhagen. For 185 years since the Master, known to the laity as Joseph Fourier, launched his scheme for world domination, the entire physical science community has been working towards this moment.

The early phases of the plan worked magnificently. First the Master’s initial thesis - that the release of infrared radiation is delayed by the atmosphere - had to be accepted by the scientific establishment. I will not bother you with details of the gold paid, the threats made and the blood spilt to achieve this end. But the result was the elimination of the naysayers and the disgrace or incarceration of the Master’s rivals. Within 35 years the 3rd Warden of the Grand Temple of the Knights Carbonic (our revered prophet John Tyndall) was able to “demonstrate” the Master’s thesis. Our control of physical science was by then so tight that no major objections were sustained."

http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2009/11/23/the-knights-carbonic/

http://news.discovery.com/earth/climate-change-as-an-act-of-faith.html

"In one study, 34% of conservatives who were told about the Bush government’s claims that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction were inclined to believe them. But among those who were shown that the government’s claims were later comprehensively refuted by the Duelfer report, 64% ended up believing that Iraq had WMD." http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2010/03/08/the-unpersuadables/

PostmodernProphet
03-15-2010, 05:57 AM
I think midcan may have finally cracked.....is that him I see over there chewing on a tree?.....

if anyone figures out what this thread is about send me a PM.....

DamnYankee
03-15-2010, 07:13 AM
I think he cracked a long time ago. :)

SmarterthanYou
03-15-2010, 08:31 AM
the sky is falling, the sky is falling
http://home.comcast.net/~epollak/prairie-dog-rapture.jpg

Dixie - In Memoriam
03-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Midcan is one bad burrito away from being AssHatClown! No doubt!

Canceled1
03-15-2010, 04:00 PM
I think midcan may have finally cracked.....is that him I see over there chewing on a tree?.....

if anyone figures out what this thread is about send me a PM.....

Hark! I think I heard a Discouraging Word!

"Taciturn Git"!!!!

Told you he did!

:lmao:

cancel2 2022
03-16-2010, 11:26 AM
Hark! I think I heard a Discouraging Word!

"Taciturn Git"!!!!

Told you he did!

:lmao:

It looks like PiMP is your new best buddy.

Canceled1
03-16-2010, 11:42 AM
It looks like PiMP is your new best buddy.

I do like PMP. :good4u:

Spurtski
03-16-2010, 05:35 PM
:gives:

People can be more forgiving than you can imagine. But you have to forgive yourself. Let go of what's bitter and move on.
Bill Cosby

midcan5
03-28-2010, 09:24 AM
"So here I come to thee
Against my will; and surely do I trow
Thou dost not wish to see me. Still ’tis true
That no man loves the messenger of ill."

Antigone

Evolution is so slow a process I wish I could come back every hundred years with a month to review the state of the world. Sophocles' reply above still fits after several thousand years. Maybe I need to come back every thousand years? Subtle argument, or possibly irony, is lost on many.

"If we will only allow that, as we progress, we remain unsure, we will leave opportunities for alternatives. We will not become enthusiastic for the fact, the knowledge, the absolute truth of the day, but remain always uncertain... In order to make progress, one must leave the door to the unknown ajar." Richard Feynman

tinfoil
03-28-2010, 12:56 PM
It's pretty funny that instead of digging up the evidence that could possibly prove/disprove the theory, the Manbiots of the world perfer to construct strawmen, false dichotomies, and appeals to authority.