PDA

View Full Version : APP - NO SURPRISE WHEN USA LETS BRITAIN DOWN AGAIN

cancel2 2022
03-11-2010, 05:20 PM
I have a lot of time for the Obama administration but it is not making many friends in the UK with their lacklustre support for its main ally.

NO SURPRISE WHEN USA LETS BRITAIN DOWN AGAIN

The USA has decided to take a strictly “neutral” stance over Britain’s spat with Argentina (Source (http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/162441/No-surprise-when-USA-lets-Britain-down-again))

Wednesday March 10,2010
By Rod LiddleSource

SO President Obama is not turning out to be the friend that Britain imagined he would be.
The remarkable thing, in a way, is that British people are surprised and feel affronted. Because it was ever thus. And this is how it will always be. When will we learn? There is no such thing as a special relationship between Britain and the USA, except insofar as it exists in our minds and in the opportunistic soundbites from American politicians when they think nobody else in the world is listening.

Every time our interests are threatened we look with puppy dog eyes across the Atlantic, imploring our friends to whom we have given so much support to help us out. And every time without fail the message comes back: yo, Britain: swivel. We couldn’t give a damn.

The USA has decided to take a strictly “neutral” stance over Britain’s spat with Argentina regarding oil exploration around the Falkland Islands, instead of sailing to our side, as some deludedly expected. After all, the hurt Brits argue, how many Argentinian soldiers have died in Helmand province, or in Basra, having taken up the opportunity to stand four square behind America, despite the opprobrium of the rest of the world? How many billions have been
spent by the Argentinian taxpayer to support these fraternal military adventures and endured terrorist activity at
home as a consequence? None at all.

Please do not for a moment suppose that our loyalty matters to the Americans, that we are allies who look out for each other, bonded together by language, history and a love of liberal democracy. You must be joking. There is a sort of special relationship between the USA and Britain but it goes in only one direction: it always has. The Americans were a long way short of fully supporting Britain when the Argentinian fascist junta invaded the Falklands
in 1982. Back then the Argies were a part of the USA’s devious machinations in South America and the White House felt disinclined to disrupt their operations to give Britain, a liberal democracy whose territory had been violated, anything like full support.

So they stalled and tried to push us towards a negotiated settlement, which would almost certainly have meant losing the Falklands for good. The truth, then, is that the French were of more use to Britain, plying us with information about the capabilities of the Argentinian airforce (which, for sure, they had equipped).

A little later the USA actually invaded British sovereign territory in Grenada and overthrew the government, without having even so much as tipped us off in advance. This was at a time when this much-vaunted special relationship could not have been closer or cosier: Thatcher and Reagan, ideological bedfellows too.

But it mattered not one jot. When push came to shove the USA looked after its own interests and the troops invaded British territory. It is said the Queen was outraged but who in Washington cares about the Queen? Then there is the IRA. The USA was the hub of fundraising activity for the republican terrorists, through Noraid, and also a hugely convenient bolt-hole when some act of psychopathic violence was perpetrated by the IRA and the maniacs wished for somewhere to hide. In 30 years not a single alleged IRA terrorist was extradited back to Britain, America
always took the view that the murderers would not have received a fair trial from the British courts.

This was true even after 9/11 when the USA, suddenly a bit picky about what terrorists it had living within its borders, started to worry about the lunatics it was harbouring. The IRA was not initially within its list of proscribed organisations. Fundraising for terrorism continued on the streets of Boston and New York. Even though the USA belatedly signed a reciprocal extradition act there has been no IRA terrorist extradited to this country to face justice.

We followed the USA into war in Korea, probably rightly, and lost a lot of men as a consequence. Later the USA was the single biggest factor in our humiliating defeat over the Suez Canal in Egypt, they would not back us. A British Labour government gave the USA moral support over its ill-advised adventure in Vietnam and Cambodia. But nothing ever comes back, there is no quid pro quo.

Fair enough, you might argue. The foreign policy of the USA should be pragmatic and designed to achieve the best possible outcome for the country, never mind any sentimental attachment or feelings of loyalty or reciprocity to its old colonial master.

But that is not how we think the USA behaves. We think this special relationship exists. And every time we are let down. How much was this chimera present in Tony Blair’s mind when he decided to go to war against Iraq in the spring of 2003? Nothing more than a delusion, as it turns out.

The way it will always be.

DamnYankee
03-11-2010, 05:39 PM
But all you other nations are supposed to luv us now that we have a liberal in the white house...:(

cancel2 2022
03-11-2010, 05:46 PM
But all you other nations are supposed to luv us now that we have a liberal in the white house...:(

It wasn't really much different when Reagan was president.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/alexmassie/5806867/obama-reagan-and-the-falklands.thtml

Norman Paperman
03-11-2010, 06:04 PM
That's okay, he's not making many friends over here, either.

/MSG/
03-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Are you guys still arguing over the Falklands?

cancel2 2022
03-11-2010, 06:14 PM

The president of Argentina has made it into a problem.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Falklands-British-Oil-Company-Desire-Petroleum-To-Start-Drilling-In-Disputed-Waters-Off-Argentina/Article/201002415556732?f=rss

DamnYankee
03-11-2010, 06:16 PM
It wasn't really much different when Reagan was president.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/alexmassie/5806867/obama-reagan-and-the-falklands.thtml Yeah but they were supposed to hate us when Reagan was President. What happened to the Hopey-Changey thing?

Minister of Truth
03-11-2010, 06:24 PM

Seriously, you two need to back the fuck out of each other's buiness, Tom!!

Cypress
03-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Invading Grenada was wrong.

Reagan was in bed with rightwing south American fascist dictators, and we should have fully obliged our NATO obligations when the argies invaded the Falklands.

I don’t remember why the brits and French invaded the suez, but I’ve never liked invading arab countries who aren’t a threat to me, up to and including Iraq.

Oil exploration and mineral rights doesn’t sound like war, so I’m not sure what you want the U.S. to do. Maybe you can enlighten me. Now, if the Argentine air force starts bombing british ships, I totally think we should have your back.

That said, didn’t we have a quarter million troops stationed in Europe for 50 years while you were staring directly down the barrels of two million soldiers of the Warsaw Pact?

/MSG/
03-11-2010, 06:29 PM
The president of Argentina has made it into a problem.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Falklands-British-Oil-Company-Desire-Petroleum-To-Start-Drilling-In-Disputed-Waters-Off-Argentina/Article/201002415556732?f=rss
You'd think they'd remember their last ass kicking.

cancel2 2022
03-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Seriously, you two need to back the fuck out of each other's buiness, Tom!!

We want Hawaii back.

History of Hawaii - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DamnYankee
03-11-2010, 06:36 PM
We want Hawaii back.

History of Hawaii - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Hawaii) Come take it.:pke:

/MSG/
03-11-2010, 06:37 PM
We want Hawaii back.

History of Hawaii - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Hawaii)
Trade ya for the Falklands. Or Northern Ireland.

USFREEDOM911
03-11-2010, 06:38 PM
We want Hawaii back.

History of Hawaii - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Hawaii)

Try to take it. :cof1:

cancel2 2022
03-11-2010, 06:43 PM

Reagan was in bed with rightwing south American fascist dictators, and we should have fully obliged our NATO obligations when the argies invaded the Falklands.

I don’t remember why the brits and French invaded the suez, but I’ve never liked invading arab countries who aren’t a threat to me, up to and including Iraq.

Oil exploration and mineral rights doesn’t sound like war, so I’m not sure what you want the U.S. to do. Maybe you can enlighten me. Now, if the Argentine air force starts bombing british ships, I totally think we should have your back.

That said, didn’t we have a quarter million troops stationed in Europe for 50 years while you were staring directly down the barrels of two million soldiers of the Warsaw Pact?

We invaded Egypt, along with the French and the Israelis, to stop the Egyptians from controlling the Suez Canal. President Eisenhower was against it and as a consequence gave rise to militant Islamism via the Muslim Brotherhood.

http://www.culturewars.org.uk/2003-01/fundamentalism.htm

Norman Paperman
03-11-2010, 06:52 PM
We want Hawaii back.

Maybe the Brits have Obama's bitrh certificate...

:lol:

Minister of Truth
03-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Trade ya for the Falklands. Or Northern Ireland.

:rofl:

FUCK THE POLICE
03-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Hawaii's worth infinity times more than NI.

FUCK THE POLICE
03-11-2010, 10:03 PM
*sigh*

NI is my ancestors homeland, but I have a strange feeling they'd elect Republicans.

Legion Fag
03-12-2010, 01:28 AM
*sigh*

NI is my ancestors homeland, but I'm an ungreatful twat.

You should visit there sometime. Xanadu!!

Topspin
03-12-2010, 07:51 AM
brits need their arses kicked by the Argentines, kick out the occupiers

/MSG/
03-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Yeah, except no. The Brits kicked ass last time. And it's pretty much the only time I'd support them. Don't know why.

cancel2 2022
03-13-2010, 03:25 AM

You are incredibly ill informed. How can the British be classified as occupiers when most of the Falkland Islanders are of British descent and have voted overwhelmingly to have nothing to do with Argentina and stay with Britain? This is all about political posturing and oil.

I suggest that you read a bit more, so here is a good start for you.

http://www.falklandshistory.org/gettingitright.pdf

The islands derive their English name from Falkland Sound, the name given to the waterway between
the two main islands by Captain John Strong, who spent several days in the islands in January 1690 in his
ship Welfare.5 The name “Falkland Islands” for the whole archipelago was first used in the journal of
Woodes Rodgers in December 1708, and was first published in 1712 in his account of his voyage.6
The French were active in the South Atlantic from the beginning of the 18th Century, and in 1716 the
French mapmaker Amédée-François Frézier published the best map of the islands so far made, calling
them “Les Isles Nouvelles” (The New Islands).7 The French Geographer Royal, Guillaume Delisle,
invented a better name on two maps of 1720 and 1722 (the first not published till later) – he called them
“Les Iles Malouines”, after the port of St Malo in Brittany, home port of the French ships which had
visited the Falklands.
The Spaniards never had a name of their own for the Islands, but from the mid-1760s they adopted the
French name “Iles Malouines”, adapting it into “Islas Maluinas”. Around 1805 they began to spell it
“Malvinas”, though as late as 1811 they still sometimes spelt it “Maluinas”. “Malvinas” is now the
Spanish name for the islands; in its current form it is a century later than the English name.

cancel2 2022
03-13-2010, 03:54 AM
Yeah, except no. The Brits kicked ass last time. And it's pretty much the only time I'd support them. Don't know why.

Maybe this article in the Mail on Sunday will help.

http://www.mailonsunday.ie/debate/article-1253599/The-Falkland-Islanders-British-people-live-Lands-End-duty-defend-them.html

SmarterthanYou
03-13-2010, 04:44 AM
aw crap. Britain is angry at us for not siding with them this time. what ever will we do?

I guess we'll just keep all our guns on this side of the pond for the next world war.

Mott the Hoople
03-13-2010, 05:23 PM

That said, didn’t we have a quarter million troops stationed in Europe for 50 years while you were staring directly down the barrels of two million soldiers of the Warsaw Pact?Fuck that. Imperialism is dead and the Monroe doctrine has made the US hated and villified in South America.

Fuck the Falklands, their an isolcated wind swept no where that are hardly worth people dying over. Let Argentina have them. It's in their coastal waters anyways.

Or better, how about if the Brits trade the Argies Wales for the Falklands?

Mott the Hoople
03-13-2010, 05:26 PM
We want Hawaii back.

LOL Give it up Tom....good ole Queen Victoria is dead and so is the Empire! LOL

If you want to do the world a favor invade Northern Ireland.....oh that's right....you all ready have! :pke:

Mott the Hoople
03-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Trade ya for the Falklands. Or Northern Ireland.LOL Exactly! LOL

Mott the Hoople
03-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Hawaii's worth infinity times more than NI.How would you know? Have you been to either?

Mott the Hoople
03-13-2010, 05:30 PM
*sigh*

NI is my ancestors homeland, but I have a strange feeling they'd elect Republicans.
Well coming from Mississippi you'd be right at home there then wouldn't ya? :clink:

Mott the Hoople
03-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Yeah, except no. The Brits kicked ass last time. And it's pretty much the only time I'd support them. Don't know why.Probably all them sheep down there in the Falklands. Can ye imagine what a horde of randy Argentine's would do to em? Oh the horror!!

Mott the Hoople
03-13-2010, 05:33 PM
You are incredibly ill informed. How can the British be classified as occupiers when most of the Falkland Islanders are of British descent and have voted overwhelmingly to have nothing to do with Argentina and stay with Britain? This is all about political posturing and oil.

I suggest that you read a bit more, so here is a good start for you.

http://www.falklandshistory.org/gettingitright.pdf

The islands derive their English name from Falkland Sound, the name given to the waterway between
the two main islands by Captain John Strong, who spent several days in the islands in January 1690 in his
ship Welfare.5 The name “Falkland Islands” for the whole archipelago was first used in the journal of
Woodes Rodgers in December 1708, and was first published in 1712 in his account of his voyage.6
The French were active in the South Atlantic from the beginning of the 18th Century, and in 1716 the
French mapmaker Amédée-François Frézier published the best map of the islands so far made, calling
them “Les Isles Nouvelles” (The New Islands).7 The French Geographer Royal, Guillaume Delisle,
invented a better name on two maps of 1720 and 1722 (the first not published till later) – he called them
“Les Iles Malouines”, after the port of St Malo in Brittany, home port of the French ships which had
visited the Falklands.
The Spaniards never had a name of their own for the Islands, but from the mid-1760s they adopted the
French name “Iles Malouines”, adapting it into “Islas Maluinas”. Around 1805 they began to spell it
“Malvinas”, though as late as 1811 they still sometimes spelt it “Maluinas”. “Malvinas” is now the
Spanish name for the islands; in its current form it is a century later than the English name.Oi mate! We have enough problems with Puerto Rico!!

cancel2 2022
03-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Fuck that. Imperialism is dead and the Monroe doctrine has made the US hated and villified in South America.

Fuck the Falklands, their an isolcated wind swept no where that are hardly worth people dying over. Let Argentina have them. It's in their coastal waters anyways.

Or better, how about if the Brits trade the Argies Wales for the Falklands?

Why does the US still control Panama and Guantanamo?

It seems to me that if you believe in democracy then any decision ought to be up to the people who live in the Falklands.

Mott the Hoople
03-13-2010, 06:13 PM

It seems to me that if you believe in democracy then any decision ought to be up to the people who live in the Falklands.What about the sheep? Don't they get a say???

USFREEDOM911
03-13-2010, 08:24 PM
What about the sheep? Don't they get a say???

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! :cof1:

/MSG/
03-13-2010, 08:41 PM

It seems to me that if you believe in democracy then any decision ought to be up to the people who live in the Falklands.
We turned over control of the canal about 10 years ago Tom. Gitmo maybe, but we no longer control the canal.

Minister of Truth
03-13-2010, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I was a bit surprised to learn that we still ran the canal...

cancel2 2022
03-14-2010, 04:57 AM
We turned over control of the canal about 10 years ago Tom. Gitmo maybe, but we no longer control the canal.

Yes, you are right I stand corrected. However I can't help thinking that if another Noriega came along the marines would be sent in without too much compunction.

Mott the Hoople
03-14-2010, 07:20 AM
Yes, you are right I stand corrected. However I can't help thinking that if another Noriega came along the marines would be sent in without too much compunction.I'm sorry but of what strategic value are the Falklands to the UK?

Besides, the detested Monroe doctrine is still alive. We need a European power in the western hemisphere like we need a hole in our head. You won't find much support in the US for this Tom.

No offense Tom....we love the Brits. Would come over in a heart beat if the French were invading but any claims in the western hemisphere even remotely tainted with European colonialism won't go over well here in the US. Not at all.

/MSG/
03-14-2010, 08:34 AM
I'm sorry but of what strategic value are the Falklands to the UK?

Besides, the detested Monroe doctrine is still alive. We need a European power in the western hemisphere like we need a hole in our head. You won't find much support in the US for this Tom.

No offense Tom....we love the Brits. Would come over in a heart beat if the French were invading but any claims in the western hemisphere even remotely tainted with European colonialism won't go over well here in the US. Not at all.
No, the Monroe doctrine is pretty much dead.

Mott the Hoople
03-14-2010, 09:19 AM
No, the Monroe doctrine is pretty much dead.Regardless.....we still need a European power in the western hemisphere like we need a hole in our heads. Being concerned with US foreign policy and not so much with British or Argentinian foreign policy, I side with the Argies on this one.

Not because it's in the best interest of the Falkland Islanders, Not because it's in the best interest of the UK and not because it's in the best interest of Argentina but because it's in the US best interest to keep the Brits out of the western hemisphere. I wouldn't mind seeing them leave the Carribean either.

cancel2 2022
03-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Regardless.....we still need a European power in the western hemisphere like we need a hole in our heads. Being concerned with US foreign policy and not so much with British or Argentinian foreign policy, I side with the Argies on this one.

Not because it's in the best interest of the Falkland Islanders, Not because it's in the best interest of the UK and not because it's in the best interest of Argentina but because it's in the US best interest to keep the Brits out of the western hemisphere. I wouldn't mind seeing them leave the Carribean either.

I frankly can't believe what you are saying, you are usually so sane and rational.

I had forgotten about Diego Garcia, which the Brits gave to the US in the sixties and evicted all the locals as well. They have been trying to get back since and have compensation but the kindly US and UK has just totally ignored them since.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2003/oct/10/foreignpolicy.comment

/MSG/
03-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Regardless.....we still need a European power in the western hemisphere like we need a hole in our heads. Being concerned with US foreign policy and not so much with British or Argentinian foreign policy, I side with the Argies on this one.

By the same token you'd argue we should leave Japan, Turkey, Spain, Korea, Iceland, Germany, Iraq, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Etc. Now I think we should, but that's not the argument here.

Mott the Hoople
03-14-2010, 01:34 PM
By the same token you'd argue we should leave Japan, Turkey, Spain, Korea, Iceland, Germany, Iraq, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Etc. Now I think we should, but that's not the argument here.Huh? Watchyoutalkingaboutwillis?

Mott the Hoople
03-14-2010, 01:38 PM
I frankly can't believe what you are saying, you are usually so sane and rational.

I had forgotten about Diego Garcia, which the Brits gave to the US in the sixties and evicted all the locals as well. They have been trying to get back since and have compensation but the kindly US and UK has just totally ignored them since.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2003/oct/10/foreignpolicy.commentI'm just remembering colonial history and how we (the USA) got pulled into two world wars and lost half a million good men putting a stake through the heart of European colonialism (not to mention fascism). I detest American imperialism. Why should I support it in other nations? If I was Argentinian government I wouldn't be the least bit happy about having a European power off my coast. Given Britain's history, can you blame them?

cancel2 2022
03-14-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm sorry but of what strategic value are the Falklands to the UK?

What colonialism? The Falklands have never been Argentinian in anyway shape or form but if you think that it will be given back over the blood of 256 servicemen who died defending it, then you are stark raving mad. It seems to me that your main argument is that only the US is allowed to have hegemony over the Americas. I know that you consider South and Central America to be your plaything but that is just crazy and supremely arrogant. I refer you to the post #1.

The strategic significance of the Falklands is mostly in its mineral and fishing wealth which the Argies have latched onto pretty damn quick, there was not a peep out of them until they starting drilling for oil.

cancel2 2022
03-14-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm just remembering colonial history and how we (the USA) got pulled into two world wars and lost half a million good men putting a stake through the heart of European colonialism (not to mention fascism). I detest American imperialism. Why should I support it in other nations? If I was Argentinian government I wouldn't be the least bit happy about having a European power off my coast. Given Britain's history, can you blame them?

You are talking total bullshit, they have been there for over 250 years. Perhaps you would have been happier if a dictator like Galtieri had conquered the Falklands and disappeared all the locals like he did on the mainland. For one who professes to believe in democracy you don't seem to care much for the rights of the indigenous population. Well at least we know that the Special Relationship is only special when you want British support to invade Iraq and Afghanistan.

I will say it again as it stands repeating, Britain was the most benign of all colonial powers. If you don't believe that then show me one functioning democracy left by the Spanish or the French? I also find it amazing that some Americans act as if they were never a colonising power themselves.

/MSG/
03-14-2010, 02:25 PM
also find it amazing that some Americans act as if they were never a colonising power themselves.

Technically we never were. A few islands we took during the SpanAm war, but nothing else. If you want to count manifest destiny, that might apply, but not really.

cancel2 2022
03-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Technically we never were. A few islands we took during the SpanAm war, but nothing else. If you want to count manifest destiny, that might apply, but not really.

I am specifically talking about spheres of influence or just downright old fashioned imperialism, how many times has the US invaded, destabilised or interfered in Central and South America for instance? Mexico is nothing more than a client state of the US and Cuba was virtually totally owned by the Mafia before the revolution. The Philippines was a colony in all but name as were many of the Pacific islands, Hawaii being just one. Hawaii is most often described as being annexed which is a euphemism for overthrowing the monarchy and seizing the lands. Clinton actually apologised for this, which is a rarity as the US hardly ever feels the need to say sorry for any of its actions.

Apology Resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apology_Resolution)

http://www.krysstal.com/democracy_whyusa02.html

Minister of Truth
03-15-2010, 04:39 PM
I am specifically talking about spheres of influence or just downright old fashioned imperialism, how many times has the US invaded, destabilised or interfered in Central and South America for instance? Mexico is nothing more than a client state of the US and Cuba was virtually totally owned by the Mafia before the revolution. The Philippines was a colony in all but name as were many of the Pacific islands, Hawaii being just one. Hawaii is most often described as being annexed which is a euphemism for overthrowing the monarchy and seizing the lands. Clinton actually apologised for this, which is a rarity as the US hardly ever feels the need to say sorry for any of its actions.

Apology Resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apology_Resolution)

http://www.krysstal.com/democracy_whyusa02.html

Has Britain appologized for its imperialism?

Also, the bit about the Mafia has nothing to do with the US, nor is the crack about Mexico much good, seeing as how we can't even get them to shut down the flow of illegal traffic into our side of the border...

Damocles
03-15-2010, 08:32 PM
That's Obama for ya... Building those awesome relations between nations.

Minister of Truth
03-15-2010, 08:38 PM
I assumed that Obama, as per liberal rhetoric, would bend over for the whims of the nations of the Earth, so its kind of funny to see foreigners complaining right and left...

Legion Fag
03-16-2010, 02:50 AM
Go colonialism! The Falklands were heavily Argentinian in every way, shape or form but we stole 'em fair and square!!! If you think that it will be given back over the blood of 256 servicemen who died defending it, then you are stark raving mad. It seems to me that your main argument is that only the US is allowed to have hegemony over the Americas. I know that you consider South and Central America to be your plaything but that is just crazy and supremely arrogant. I refer you to the post #1. The Falklands are our damned playground!!

The strategic significance of the Falklands is mostly in its mineral and fishing wealth which the Argies have latched onto pretty damn quick, there was not a peep out of them until they starting drilling for oil.

Glad to see you're a straight shooter!!

cancel2 2022
03-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Glad to see you're a straight shooter!!

Jeez, yet another wanker who thinks he is funny.

Topspin
03-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Does Britain have Dentist Yet?

Damocles
03-16-2010, 01:43 PM
BTW, Tom, we still expect you to come to the next war we're holding. No squidging out because of Argentina, it's just not allowed.

Canceled1
03-16-2010, 03:10 PM
I assumed that Obama, as per liberal rhetoric, would bend over for the whims of the nations of the Earth, so its kind of funny to see foreigners complaining right and left...

He's not bent over far enough. They want him to be able to see China.

AnyOldIron
03-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Does Britain have Dentist Yet?

Yes. We have grammar too. :good4u:

AnyOldIron
03-17-2010, 03:26 PM
We aren't asking for American help here. We don't need it. If the balloon goes up we will just load up a few liners with Royal Marines and Paras and give the Argentine banana republic a tonking.

But mates are mates regardless and you should back us up.

AnyOldIron
03-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by T&A

Who is complaining? We don't need nor are asking for your help.

Damocles
03-17-2010, 03:32 PM
And here are a few extra "u"s that you can apply to any post of mine so you can fulfill the "u" fetish of the Britlandias...

uuuuUUUUUUUUuu U UU UUUuuuu UU

Damocles
03-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by T&A

Who is complaining? We don't need nor are asking for your help.
Um... Tom is complaining, crocodile tears and everything upset that the US would take a neutral stance...

(a few more u's for your pleasure. uuUUu U).

cancel2 2022
03-17-2010, 03:34 PM
BTW, Tom, we still expect you to come to the next war we're holding. No squidging out because of Argentina, it's just not allowed.

We supported you in the last two wars namely Iraq and Afghanistan and we will support you when you decide to invade Argentina.

AnyOldIron
03-17-2010, 03:36 PM
And here are a few extra "u"s that you can apply to any post of mine so you can fulfill the "u" fetish of the Britlandias...

Ahem. Our language, we spell things properly.

:)

AnyOldIron
03-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Um... Tom is complaining, crocodile tears and everything upset that the US would take a neutral stance...

(a few more u's for your pleasure. uuUUu U).

Yeah, thanks for backing us up. Mate.

:cool:

AnyOldIron
03-17-2010, 03:38 PM
We supported you in the last two wars namely Iraq and Afghanistan and we will support you when you decide to invade Argentina.

Can you recall a recent war America has won without Britain?

And the one we sat out, they lost... Ahem. :good4u:

cancel2 2022
03-17-2010, 03:49 PM

You ought to be reminded that if it wasn't for the Brits kicking the shit out of the French in Quebec then you would all be speaking French now. Which is supremely ironic as you would be the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys. Are you aware that much of the mid west and the east coast was under French control before they were liberated?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rl8xq

http://www.britishbattles.com/battle-of-quebec.htm

Minister of Truth
03-17-2010, 04:17 PM

:clink:

:britf: + :usflag: = :1up:

AnyOldIron
03-17-2010, 04:49 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dd/Heading_into_Port_Stanley.jpg

Damocles
03-17-2010, 05:22 PM

You mean you hold a conservative stance on misspelling words.... :D

Damocles
03-17-2010, 05:23 PM

Can you name a recent war that the US has won? We blame it on the Brits. Thanks for being there for us.

USFREEDOM911
03-17-2010, 05:25 PM

How about granpapa's??

Damocles
03-17-2010, 05:25 PM
You ought to be reminded that if it wasn't for the Brits kicking the shit out of the French in Quebec then you would all be speaking French now. Which is supremely ironic as you would be the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys. Are you aware that much of the mid west and the east coast was under French control before they were liberated?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rl8xq

http://www.britishbattles.com/battle-of-quebec.htm
Yah, gotta go back into the centuries to find one, eh?

(A few extra 'U's. Because I aim to please. Uuu Uuuu and an "h" for good measure.. H).

AnyOldIron
03-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Can you name a recent war that the US has won? We blame it on the Brits. Thanks for being there for us.

:good4u: Any time...

USFREEDOM911
03-17-2010, 05:30 PM

Why would you spell "things" p-r-o-p-e-r-l-y??

Over hear, we spell it t-h-i-n-g-s.

AnyOldIron
03-17-2010, 05:33 PM
The retaking of the Falkland Islands was considered extremely difficult: the main constraint was the disparity in deployable air cover (the British having 34 Harrier aircraft against Argentina's 220 jet fighters). The U.S. Navy considered a successful counter-invasion by the British to be 'a military impossibility'.

Falklands War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falklands_War)

When will the world learn... :)

AnyOldIron
03-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Why would you spell "things" p-r-o-p-e-r-l-y??

Over hear, we spell it t-h-i-n-g-s.

Fuck me, with comedy talent like that you should be on America's Got Talent!

USFREEDOM911
03-17-2010, 05:42 PM

I'd rather not fuck you; but maybe you could get one of your mates to help you. :good4u:

AnyOldIron
03-17-2010, 05:44 PM
I'd rather not fuck you; but maybe you could get one of your mates to help you. :good4u:

:facepalm:

/MSG/
03-17-2010, 06:02 PM
HAHAHAHA! I've missed you man.

AnyOldIron
03-17-2010, 06:04 PM
HAHAHAHA! I've missed you man.

Nice tits!

USFREEDOM911
03-17-2010, 06:43 PM

:facepalm:

Was that your way of showing that even your mates won't help you??

Crashk
03-17-2010, 07:05 PM
What colonialism? The Falklands have never been Argentinian in anyway shape or form but if you think that it will be given back over the blood of 256 servicemen who died defending it, then you are stark raving mad. It seems to me that your main argument is that only the US is allowed to have hegemony over the Americas. I know that you consider South and Central America to be your plaything but that is just crazy and supremely arrogant. I refer you to the post #1.

"A British oil company is due to start drilling off the Falklands in a move that is likely to worsen relations between the UK and Argentina."

So you brits are going to war for oil, again. Who the fuck runs your country, the people or the oil companies? We know who's run the U.S for the last 30 years so dont go there.
I don't know what kind of deal BP got from the Iraqi war but it must have been enough to pay someone off considering you are about to put another war on the backs of the British people.
A time of economic downturn is nothing that a good war can't fix, ay mate?
:palm:

/MSG/
03-17-2010, 07:14 PM

The revolutionary war, I believe, was won without the British. And the Irish rebellion.:D

/MSG/
03-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Nice tits!
They've gone down since.... Oh.... my avatar......yes....