PDA

View Full Version : The Shining is Kubrick's Confession that He Faked the Moon Landing

Bonestorm
02-01-2010, 02:07 PM
This is all sorts of awesome:

http://www.jayweidner.com/ShiningSecrets.html

Damocles
02-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Do you actually believe the moon landing was faked?

Bonestorm
02-01-2010, 02:20 PM

Absolutely. Stanley Kubrick filmed the fake landing while he was filming 2001 and admitted all this in The Shining. It's all at the link.

ZappasGuitar
02-01-2010, 02:30 PM
This is all sorts of awesome:

http://www.jayweidner.com/ShiningSecrets.html

The line between genius and crazy really is razor thin, isn't it?

Hermes Thoth
02-01-2010, 02:35 PM

I do. Are you saying the government would never do such a thing?

Damocles
02-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Absolutely. Stanley Kubrick filmed the fake landing while he was filming 2001 and admitted all this in The Shining. It's all at the link.
This thread is full of win.

Damocles
02-01-2010, 02:48 PM
I do. Are you saying the government would never do such a thing?
LOL... I'm saying they'd never get away with it, considering the Russkiis would use such a fakery as a propaganda tool.

Hermes Thoth
02-01-2010, 02:51 PM
LOL... I'm saying they'd never get away with it, considering the Russkiis would use such a fakery as a propaganda tool.

Right, because russia was all knowing. This absurd assertion is the hole in your argument.

Damocles
02-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Right, because russia was all knowing. This absurd assertion is the hole in your argument.
They could easily detect whether signals came from the moon or not using simple triangulation. Just as the people watching through even simple telescopes could tell whether something was actually launched. Even hobbyists would have found them out long ago and had far more evidence than a long-winded look at "The Shining"...

Assuming they had the same types of things we did (radar, etc.) they would most certainly have had evidence of whether something went to and landed on the moon, then returned.

Hermes Thoth
02-01-2010, 02:57 PM
They could easily detect whether signals came from the moon or not using simple triangulation. Just as the people watching through even simple telescopes could tell whether something was actually launched. Even hobbyists would have found them out long ago and had far more evidence than a long-winded look at "The Shining"...

Sure they could have. You always bely your idiocy with your overly elaborate and made up reasons why "it just couldn't be".

Hermes Thoth
02-01-2010, 02:58 PM
I would love a link to a "hobbyist documentarian" who documented the event personally.

Damocles
02-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Sure they could have. You always bely your idiocy with your overly elaborate and made up reasons why "it just couldn't be".
Right, and you always show off your ignorance by pretending that reality doesn't interfere in your fantasy.

Believe as you will, it won't change anything.

Hermes Thoth
02-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Right, and you always show off your ignorance by pretending that reality doesn't interfere in your fantasy.

Keep being a lying dipshit. It only further invalidates you.

cancel2 2022
02-01-2010, 04:31 PM

My God, how can anybody believe the Moon landings never happened. How do these loonies explain the lunar laser ranging reflectors left on the Moon by Apollo 11, 14 and 15?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Point_Observatory_Lunar_Laser-ranging_Operation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSPQTfp5vJE"

apple0154
02-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Space pens.

http://thewritersedge.com/fisher.cfm

Valentine's Day is coming. Let your sweety know "she sends you to the moon!"
:)

Dixie - In Memoriam
02-01-2010, 06:02 PM
"Apollo 11 work and no play makes Jack (Kubrick) a dull boy."

LMFAOooo.... What a stretch!

Mott the Hoople
02-01-2010, 06:47 PM
I do. Are you saying the government would never do such a thing?No. Were saying they lack the imagination.

cancel2 2022
02-02-2010, 02:49 AM
My God, how can anybody believe the Moon landings never happened. How do these loonies explain the lunar laser ranging reflectors left on the Moon by Apollo 11, 14 and 15?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Point_Observatory_Lunar_Laser-ranging_Operation

YouTube- Apollo 11, The True Story of the Lunar Landing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSPQTfp5vJE)

Deadly silence from Ass Shit Zombie

Hermes Thoth
02-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Deadly silence from Ass Shit Zombie

Maybe they just dropped those things up there without actually landing. That's possible. Very possible.

Hermes Thoth
02-02-2010, 08:00 AM
No. Were saying they lack the imagination.

That's a pretty fucking stupid thing to say.

Damocles
02-02-2010, 12:33 PM
"Apollo 11 work and no play makes Jack (Kubrick) a dull boy."

LMFAOooo.... What a stretch!
An extreme stretch, they'd have to believe that Stephen King was in on it, since the line was in the book.

Hermes Thoth
02-02-2010, 12:47 PM
An extreme stretch, they'd have to believe that Stephen King was in on it, since the line was in the book.

Jay wiedner said the line was not in the book. I haven't confirmed it though.

Hermes Thoth
02-02-2010, 12:48 PM
He also said in the book there was only one ghostly child of the previous owner, but kubrick changed it to twins, corresponding to the Gemini mission prior to a11.

Damocles
02-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Jay wiedner said the line was not in the book. I haven't confirmed it though.
He typed it over and over and over again rather than writing his novel. It was most certainly in the book. Also, "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog." Jay Wiedner is incapable of reading. I am also pretty sure the twins were there too, but I'll have to re-read to make sure.

Hermes Thoth
02-02-2010, 03:11 PM
He typed it over and over and over again rather than writing his novel. It was most certainly in the book. Also, "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog." Jay Wiedner is incapable of reading. I am also pretty sure the twins were there too, but I'll have to re-read to make sure.

Im familiar with the scene from the movie. But that sentence is not in the book.

Pretty sure about the twins are ya?

cancel2 2022
02-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Maybe they just dropped those things up there without actually landing. That's possible. Very possible.

Obviously that degree in astrophysics is working for you.

Damocles
02-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Im familiar with the scene from the movie. But that sentence is not in the book.

It's been a while since I read the book.

And it is still a silly reach. Seriously just silly. If Kubrick wanted to admit to something like this all he'd have to do is admit it, put it in his will to have the "director's cut" deeded to some news agency...

cancel2 2022
02-02-2010, 06:20 PM
It's been a while since I read the book.

And it is still a silly reach. Seriously just silly. If Kubrick wanted to admit to something like this all he'd have to do is admit it, put it in his will to have the "director's cut" deeded to some news agency...

My God, these people are just barking mad, I know you are playing along but seriously what's the point?

http://news.discovery.com/space/faked-moon-landings-and-kubricks-the-shining.html

cancel2 2022
02-02-2010, 06:25 PM
These people are just fucking nuts, I'm surprised that Ass Hole Zombie hasn't mentioned the Kennedy Lincoln coincidence!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln-Kennedy_coincidences_urban_legend

Damocles
02-02-2010, 06:46 PM

Right, in the book he was writing a play, but the same sentence was repeatedly typed. Wendy goes to check on Jack and sees it.

I wish I could find my copy... I'll keep searching. I'm working on memory here otherwise. It may be that I am mixing the two. However, Kubrick didn't have nearly as much time as King did to progress a slow descent into insanity.

DamnYankee
02-02-2010, 07:02 PM
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Damocles
02-02-2010, 07:05 PM
My God, these people are just barking mad, I know you are playing along but seriously what's the point?

http://news.discovery.com/space/faked-moon-landings-and-kubricks-the-shining.html
It is incredibly funny. Some people want so desperately to believe anything that could be possibly construed as negative towards the government that they lose all perspective.

cancel2 2022
02-02-2010, 07:25 PM
It is incredibly funny. Some people want so desperately to believe anything that could be possibly construed as negative towards the government that they lose all perspective.

Stanley Kubrick was a true genius, but he made some spectacularly bad films as well. Eyes Wide Shut was terrible, for instance, considering how long it was in gestation. Spartacus was just brilliant but flawed, notably because it was not very historically accurate. He won many battles over the Romans, at least ten, and he had no compunction about using crucifixion on his enemies but there is virtually no mention of either in the film.

Hermes Thoth
02-02-2010, 07:47 PM

Some people want so bad to believe the government dick up their ass has no warts, that they lose all perspective. It's hilarious.

Hermes Thoth
02-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Right, in the book he was writing a play, but the same sentence was repeatedly typed. Wendy goes to check on Jack and sees it.

I wish I could find my copy... I'll keep searching. I'm working on memory here otherwise. It may be that I am mixing the two. However, Kubrick didn't have nearly as much time as King did to progress a slow descent into insanity.

But it wasn't the sentence from the movie.

Damocles
02-02-2010, 07:51 PM
But it wasn't the sentence from the movie.
And in other language versions it wasn't the same sentence either, he used truisms from those languages that had nothing to do with A11... But the reality is that, if it is different (I'm not sure about that, I'm reasonably sure that he started with "The quick brown fox.." and moved to "Jack a dull boy" towards the end of the play in the novel), he needed to show more quickly the descent into insanity. He didn't have 70 or so chapters to do it with.

Minister of Truth
02-03-2010, 12:14 AM
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

And a dull Jack means an unsatisfied Jill. :yay:

Hermes Thoth
02-03-2010, 07:46 AM
And in other language versions it wasn't the same sentence either, he used truisms from those languages that had nothing to do with A11... But the reality is that, if it is different (I'm not sure about that, I'm reasonably sure that he started with "The quick brown fox.." and moved to "Jack a dull boy" towards the end of the play in the novel), he needed to show more quickly the descent into insanity. He didn't have 70 or so chapters to do it with.

What the fuck are you jabbering on about. All that shit is irrelevant to this discussion. Stop being a dissembling mason for one second of your life.

Damocles
02-03-2010, 08:36 AM
What the fuck are you jabbering on about. All that shit is irrelevant to this discussion. Stop being a dissembling mason for one second of your life.
It's hard to take anybody seriously that believes this nonsense. Which sentence appears more "crazy" to you when typed repeatedly?

A. The quick red fox jumps over the lazy brown dog. (A sentence that uses every letter of the alphabet and is therefore used as practice by many typists).

B. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. (Remember the characters name is Jack, has a history of violent behavior when drunk and is battling alcoholism in a place that isn't supposed to contain alcohol but seems to be providing it through nefarious supernatural means.)

Kubrick's goal was to depict the descent into violent insanity within the much smaller framework of time than in the novel which had over 130,000 words and nearly 80 chapters to do the same thing.

It's a movie, based on a book. Although the kid did wear an Apollo 11 sweater, so it must mean Kubrick faked the moon landing to people equally, but less violently (hopefully), insane as the character.

Bonestorm
02-03-2010, 08:57 AM
I heard Obama put the kibosh on the NASA moon program to prevent the hoax from being revealed to the world. Obama's in the pocket of Hollywood liberals and they're doing what they can to protect Kubrick dontchaknow.

Damocles
02-03-2010, 09:00 AM
I heard Obama put the kibosh on the NASA moon program to prevent the hoax from being revealed to the world. Obama's in the pocket of Hollywood liberals and they're doing what they can to protect Kubrick dontchaknow.
Kubrick is already dead.

Bonestorm
02-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Kubrick is already dead.

His legacy lives on. Dead or alive the Hollywood elites aren't going to sit idly by and let one of their own get besmirched and they've got Obama by his ears.

Hermes Thoth
02-03-2010, 10:32 AM
It's hard to take anybody seriously that believes this nonsense. Which sentence appears more "crazy" to you when typed repeatedly?

A. The quick red fox jumps over the lazy brown dog. (A sentence that uses every letter of the alphabet and is therefore used as practice by many typists).

B. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. (Remember the characters name is Jack, has a history of violent behavior when drunk and is battling alcoholism in a place that isn't supposed to contain alcohol but seems to be providing it through nefarious supernatural means.)

Kubrick's goal was to depict the descent into violent insanity within the much smaller framework of time than in the novel which had over 130,000 words and nearly 80 chapters to do the same thing.

It's a movie, based on a book. Although the kid did wear an Apollo 11 sweater, so it must mean Kubrick faked the moon landing to people equally, but less violently (hopefully), insane as the character.

That sentence wasn't in the book, so your snipey little comment about "well stephen king must have been in on it too" is simply stupid.

Get over it and quit filling up the screen with irrelevant garbage.

Damocles
02-03-2010, 10:37 AM
That sentence wasn't in the book, so your snipey little comment about "well stephen king must have been in on it too" is simply stupid.

Get over it and quit filling up the screen with irrelevant garbage.
I think you are wrong about the sentence not being in the book, but recognize that it is a possibility that I am remembering incorrectly.

However, the scene was most definitely in the book. It takes a particular bit of insanity to suggest what this website does.

You honestly believe that Kubrick was sending this message through this movie, I believe you are at least a little bit insane and that this belief is evidence of that. People are laughing at you. I'll leave it at that.

Hermes Thoth
02-03-2010, 10:41 AM
I think you are wrong about the sentence not being in the book, but recognize that it is a possibility that I am remembering incorrectly.

However, the scene was most definitely in the book. It takes a particular bit of insanity to suggest what this website does.

You honestly believe that Kubrick was sending this message through this movie, I believe you are at least a little bit insane and that this belief is evidence of that. People are laughing at you. I'll leave it at that.

I believe the sentence was not in the book. therefore your witticism about king being on it needs to be rethought. You need to sharpen your game on this issue is all.

if it's so insane, you wouldn't be working so hard and making such errors in your debunkment.

Damocles
02-03-2010, 10:42 AM
I believe the sentence was not in the book. therefore your witticism about king being on it needs to be rethought. You need to sharpen your game on this issue is all.

if it's so insane, you wouldn't be working so hard and making such errors in your debunkment.
Pointing out your harmless insanity is both funny and fun. I'm not working hard. I am entertained.

Damocles
02-03-2010, 10:45 AM
What I find even more funny, and even more interesting, are the people who will believe this on one hand, then believe that aliens "threatened" us, after our first trip to the moon, into ending the moon programs. On one hand we "fake" moon landings, on the other we were told not to do it any more by aliens whom we discovered by traveling to the moon...

Sometimes harmless insanity is also contradictory. Are you one of those who believe that aliens have ordered us to never go to the moon?

Hermes Thoth
02-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Pointing out your harmless insanity is both funny and fun. I'm not working hard. I am entertained.

But when faced with the fact that the sentence was not in the book, you keep trying to expand the argument, instead of just admitting you're wrong on that particular aspect of the discussion.:)

Damocles
02-03-2010, 10:48 AM
But when faced with the fact that the sentence was not in the book, you keep trying to expand the argument, instead of just admitting you're wrong on that particular aspect of the discussion.:)
Mostly because I remember, when first watching the movie, expecting to see that sentence when she "discovered" the book (which was a play in the novel). But again, I know that my memory on this isn't perfect so I also inform people that I may be wrong as I watched the movie long ago and read the novel even further back.... worse, I can't find my copy of the book... That's frustrating.

Your insistence that it means he was talking about Apollo 11 is pretty much what I aim at here, because it is funny.

Hermes Thoth
02-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Mostly because I remember, when first watching the movie, expecting to see that sentence when she "discovered" the book (which was a play in the novel). But again, I know that my memory on this isn't perfect so I also inform people that I may be wrong as I watched the movie long ago and read the novel even further back.... worse, I can't find my copy of the book... That's frustrating.

Your insistence that it means he was talking about Apollo 11 is pretty much what I aim at here, because it is funny.

I didn't insist that. Im just saying that sentence was not in the book.

Damocles
02-03-2010, 03:45 PM
I didn't insist that. Im just saying that sentence was not in the book.
So, did you steal my copy or are you just going off what that website says?

Hermes Thoth
02-03-2010, 03:47 PM
So, did you steal my copy or are you just going off what that website says?

Are you?

Damocles
02-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Are you?
I'll continue to look for my copy. I'm clearly not going by what that website says.

Of course, if you admit to stealing my copy I'll stop looking for it and buy another.

Hermes Thoth
02-03-2010, 03:51 PM
I'll continue to look for my copy. I'm clearly not going by what that website says.

Of course, if you admit to stealing my copy I'll stop looking for it and buy another.

If that guy was lying about that, I'll be very disappointed in his journalistic integrity.

cancel2 2022
02-03-2010, 04:09 PM

Nigel, you usually make a lot of sense but you are just completely wrong if you think the Moon landings were faked. In all likelihood the Chinese will put men on the Moon in the next 10 years.

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2009/01/20/321372/griffin-departs-nasa-predicting-2015-chinese-moon-mission.html

Hermes Thoth
02-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Nigel, you usually make a lot of sense but you are just completely wrong if you think the Moon landings were faked.

Prove it.

apple0154
02-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Nigel, you usually make a lot of sense but you are just completely wrong if you think the Moon landings were faked. In all likelihood the Chinese will put men on the Moon in the next 10 years.

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2009/01/20/321372/griffin-departs-nasa-predicting-2015-chinese-moon-mission.html

WOW! That would be great! The American astronauts will then be able to get take-out when they go there. :good4u:

cancel2 2022
02-03-2010, 05:13 PM
WOW! That would be great! The American astronauts will then be able to get take-out when they go there. :good4u:

They are already working on KFC and McDonald franchises.

apple0154
02-03-2010, 05:18 PM
They are already working on KFC and McDonald franchises.

The time will come when one will be able to stop at the moon on the way to other planets for a quick burger. I hope they have servers that look like AssHat. His avatar is such a cheerful looking face.

cancel2 2022
02-03-2010, 05:28 PM
The time will come when one will be able to stop at the moon on the way to other planets for a quick burger. I hope they have servers that look like AssHat. His avatar is such a cheerful looking face.

He is such a cheerful chappy, reminds me of the old blues song #if it wasn't for bad luck he wouldn't have no luck at all#

Hermes Thoth
02-03-2010, 07:05 PM

You AND your mama.

apple0154
02-03-2010, 07:08 PM
You AND your mama.

Are you saying you get your good looks from your mama?

Socrtease
03-22-2010, 01:16 AM
The "All Work and No Play" line is ONLY in the movie and not in the book