PDA

View Full Version : New here...old elsewhere.

asaratis
01-24-2010, 10:40 PM
This is the newest place I've been in a long time. I look forward to engaging discussions a cut above the norm. Please don't let me down. I haven't read a single thread here yet, so I have no conception of the general tone. I will endeavor to operate within the bounds of my gentleman's training. If it doesn't suffice, I will not blame my trainers.

Damocles
01-24-2010, 10:42 PM
You'll do fine, so long as you have a thick skin... See you on the boards. :D

Minister of Truth
01-24-2010, 10:43 PM
This place has recently been infested with a plague of retarded trolls, but other than that, I'm sure you'll enjoy the place.

I recommend you reading through the Werewolf game thread, as it has been hilarious!!

Welcome aboard. :clink:

evince
01-25-2010, 08:56 AM
Welcome dude

PostmodernProphet
01-25-2010, 09:59 AM
This is the newest place I've been in a long time. I look forward to engaging discussions a cut above the norm. Please don't let me down. I haven't read a single thread here yet, so I have no conception of the general tone. I will endeavor to operate within the bounds of my gentleman's training. If it doesn't suffice, I will not blame my trainers.

this will be a refreshing change....lately we've had an influx of people who, while they were "new" here, were still old here.....inbreeding is to be avoided, new blood welcome.....

Blackwater Lunchbreak
01-25-2010, 02:26 PM

Do you believe a one world government would create peace and harmony because there would no longer be countries to fight each other anymore?

Who would think a reorg could create such a fundamental change in human nature?

asaratis
01-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Do you believe a one world government would create peace and harmony because there would no longer be countries to fight each other anymore?No.

Who would think a reorg could create such a fundamental change in human nature?BO.

zappasguitar
01-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Do you believe a one world government would create peace and harmony because there would no longer be countries to fight each other anymore?

Who would think a reorg could create such a fundamental change in human nature?

Who you ask?

Possibly the same people who think reading certain stories out of their magic book to unbelievers will instantly allow people to forget 2,000+ years of cultural and religious differences?

asaratis
01-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Can't edit your posts here, huh?...bummer!

Damocles
01-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Can't edit your posts here, huh?...bummer!
You can, once you pass a certain number of posts. I put certain restrictions on that avoid most of the ad spammers.

Canceled2
01-25-2010, 05:08 PM

Welcome~~~

asaratis
01-25-2010, 09:19 PM
You can, once you pass a certain number of posts. I put certain restrictions on that avoid most of the ad spammers.Ad spammers tend not to look back. What makes you think they would want to edit? I can see holding off on posting links, but needing to fix a stupid mistake?

You'll do fine, so long as you have a thick skin... See you on the boards. :DI have many skins. I molt seasonally.

This place has recently been infested with a plague of retarded trolls, but other than that, I'm sure you'll enjoy the place.Trolls can be fun...and tasty!

I recommend you reading through the Werewolf game thread, as it has been hilarious!!I am not a gamer...nor do I take hints from trolls.

Welcome aboard. :clink:Thank you. What is your drink of choice?

Welcome dudeThank you. I am not a dude. I am a dog. I am a son-of-a-bitch. I am an ugly son-of-a-bitch. I am that ugliest son-of-a-bitch that ever lived....in....! And don't you fucgit it! I speak the truth...as I see it! How 'bout chew?

this will be a refreshing change....lately we've had an influx of people who, while they were "new" here, were still old here.....inbreeding is to be avoided, new blood welcome.....Thank you.

Do you believe a one world government would create peace and harmony because there would no longer be countries to fight each other anymore?No.

Who would think a reorg could create such a fundamental change in human nature?Barack Obama.

No.

Who would think a reorg could create such a fundamental change in human nature?BO.Never mind, I fixed it myself.

Who you ask?

Possibly the same people who think reading certain stories out of their magic book to unbelievers will instantly allow people to forget 2,000+ years of cultural and religious differences?Problem is there's too many magic books. Maybe we should burn all but one.

Can't edit your posts here, huh?...bummer!Not a problem, dude.

Welcome~~~Thank you. Shall we dance?

Minister of Truth
01-25-2010, 09:33 PM
Trolls can be fun...and tasty!

I am not a gamer...nor do I take hints from trolls.

Thank you. What is your drink of choice?

1) I have a long history of loving the trolls and their hilarity, including having created the FP Troll Hall of Fame, but over the past few years, trolls have become less and less creative, and the truly creative minds have gone silent. The latest batch to have cropped up are an embarrassment to the trade.

2) I'm not a gamer, either. Its the closest we ever get around here, and its been as much goofing off as it has been gaming.

3) Alaskan Amber is my beer of choice. I do try to mix it up a little, so right now the beer in my fridge is Killians.

asaratis
01-25-2010, 10:40 PM
1) I have a long history of loving the trolls and their hilarity, including having created the FP Troll Hall of Fame, but over the past few years, trolls have become less and less creative, and the truly creative minds have gone silent. The latest batch to have cropped up are an embarrassment to the trade....a natural progression, I suppose.

2) I'm not a gamer, either. Its the closest we ever get around here, and its been as much goofing off as it has been gaming.Is that a sign of boredom? (...not that boredom is all that bad. Were it not for boredom, sometimes we would have absolutely nothing to occupy our time.)

3) Alaskan Amber is my beer of choice. I do try to mix it up a little, so right now the beer in my fridge is Killians.Have you experienced a really good single malt scotch?

Cancel 2018. 3
01-25-2010, 10:58 PM
if i did not say welcome, welcome :clink:

Dixie - In Memoriam
01-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Welcome to the board new person!

/MSG/
01-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Single malts are overrated. You can get better flavors and notes from a proper blend.

Damocles
01-26-2010, 10:43 AM
Adspammers sometimes try to edit in the links they couldn't add. This stops that. It only takes 15 posts to be upgraded, by that time I know who the spammers are and they've been banned. Of course I could upgrade you to "verified" now, and if you want to post in the APP area you need to ask to be allowed access.

Damocles
01-26-2010, 10:44 AM
There, you should be able to edit now. As well as add sigs and other things you couldn't before...

Minister of Truth
01-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Single malts are overrated. You can get better flavors and notes from a proper blend.

I don't have much experience with them. Basically, I love my ambers and reds, and I also appreciate white ales. Not a big fan of stouts or anything hoppy (I like the Sam Adams Winter Lager, but not the standard Boston Lager for this reason). I absolutely loathe IPAs, and generally hate piss-water beers such as Pabst and BL.

BRUTALITOPS
01-26-2010, 05:23 PM
person isn't new

asaratis
01-26-2010, 07:57 PM
if i did not say welcome, welcome :clink:Thank you. I'll drink to that.

Welcome to the board new person!Thank you. I am an old person...new to this board. I'll try to keep up.

Are your from Dixie? ...named Dixie? ...aware that Dixie is God's country? I went to high school with a nifty Dixie.

Single malts are overrated. You can get better flavors and notes from a proper blend.There are some good blends. Single malts are better (to me). Tastes differ...thankfully. Among the single malt drinkers, there are those that actually like Lagavulin. I do not. That's why we have chocolate and vanilla.

There, you should be able to edit now. As well as add sigs and other things you couldn't before...Thank you. I could have waited for the 15th post. I am a patient man. I simply would have been more careful in placing the fingers and proofreading before clicking the Submit Replay button.

asaratis
01-26-2010, 08:17 PM
There, you should be able to edit now. As well as add sigs and other things you couldn't before...Thanks for the minute of your time. :)

person isn't newThank you for being astute. I was a student once and learned to be astute...as you appear to be. Are you really astute? Can you parse letters? Do you communicate with emoticons often?:cof1:

Ashes of a Global Pariah
01-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Your arrival is an... unfortunate coincidence.

asaratis
01-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Your arrival is an... unfortunate coincidence.
For whom? Me or you?

Dixie - In Memoriam
01-29-2010, 12:45 AM
Thank you. I am an old person...new to this board. I'll try to keep up.

Are your from Dixie? ...named Dixie? ...aware that Dixie is God's country? I went to high school with a nifty Dixie.

You'll do just fine, don't let the pinheads bother you, they don't know how to act because their parents never disciplined.

I am from Dixie, and I am aware it's God's Country! My name is not Dixie, I am a male and most people named Dixie are female, although the University of Alabama had a famous running back in the early 1900s named "Dixie Howell." I am a huge Crimson Tide fan, and I once owned a web domain for Alabama Football, called "Dixie's Football Pride" This is where I began using the moniker Dixie... later, I discovered that the name seems to bring out the hidden prejudice and bigotry in some, who have an ignorant understanding of what the Civil War was about. I had two relatives who fought and died under the Confederate flag, and I fly it in my avatar in their honor. To me and my family, that flag has never represented anything other than our homeland and what our forefathers gave their lives for.... and that WASN'T slavery.

Minister of Truth
01-29-2010, 12:48 AM
The South sucks, Dixie.

asaratis
01-29-2010, 09:14 AM
You'll do just fine, don't let the pinheads bother you, they don't know how to act because their parents never disciplined.

I am from Dixie, and I am aware it's God's Country! My name is not Dixie, I am a male and most people named Dixie are female, although the University of Alabama had a famous running back in the early 1900s named "Dixie Howell." I am a huge Crimson Tide fan, and I once owned a web domain for Alabama Football, called "Dixie's Football Pride" This is where I began using the moniker Dixie... later, I discovered that the name seems to bring out the hidden prejudice and bigotry in some, who have an ignorant understanding of what the Civil War was about. I had two relatives who fought and died under the Confederate flag, and I fly it in my avatar in their honor. To me and my family, that flag has never represented anything other than our homeland and what our forefathers gave their lives for.... and that WASN'T slavery.

You ain't jes' whistlin' Dixie there, bro.

The Confederate Battle Flag was tarnished by the KKK, leaving a stain on the South that has generated untold misunderstanding about the real people of the South. We have the best people, the best food, the best women, the most sincerity in our hospitality, the best weather, the best hunting and the best football teams in the country. I would not seriously think of living anywhere else but in D I X I E ! ! !

Do you remember when Georgia Tech beat Alabubba 7 to 6 on national TV after Alabubba had won 19 games in a row?...Grant Field...Atlanta, Georgia...early '60s?

I was there. It was great!

cancel2 2022
01-29-2010, 04:50 PM

The Confederate Battle Flag was tarnished by the KKK, leaving a stain on the South that has generated untold misunderstanding about the real people of the South. We have the best people, the best food, the best women, the most sincerity in our hospitality, the best weather, the best hunting and the best football teams in the country. I would not seriously think of living anywhere else but in D I X I E ! ! !

Do you remember when Georgia Tech beat Alabubba 7 to 6 on national TV after Alabubba had won 19 games in a row?...Grant Field...Atlanta, Georgia...early '60s?

Grits, possum, roadkill and poke salad, a sumptous feast indeed.

Dixie - In Memoriam
01-29-2010, 05:24 PM

Yes, I do remember that... I was visiting my cousins in Macon at the time, we watched it on TV... My cousins were big Georgia fans and hated Ga. Tech, so they were rooting for Bama that day, I thought that was cool because we were usually at odds.

Dixie - In Memoriam
01-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Grits, possum, roadkill and poke salad, a sumptous feast indeed.

Grits? I have them about once a week.
Possum? Never ate a possum... closest I came was Squirrel.
Roadkill? Does it count if you hit a deer and put it in the freezer?
Poke Salad? Haven't had it in a while, pretty good with some eggs, but I can live without it.

Canceled2
01-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Poke Salad? Haven't had it in a while, pretty good with some eggs, but I can live without it.

Grits with a little butter and 2 slices of garden fresh tomato salt and pepper...yummmmmmmmmmm!

TuTu Monroe
01-29-2010, 05:48 PM
Grits with a little butter and 2 slices of garden fresh tomato salt and pepper...yummmmmmmmmmm!

Grits? YUCK~~~~

cancel2 2022
01-29-2010, 05:54 PM

If you are extolling the virtues of Southern cuisine, it would help if you gave a few examples of your own. Nothing wrong with venison though, assuming that it is from a young deer.

cancel2 2022
01-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Grits? YUCK~~~~

We don't agree very often but I tried them once and it looked like wallpaper paste without the bits.

Dixie - In Memoriam
01-29-2010, 06:04 PM
If you are extolling the virtues of Southern cuisine, it would help if you gave a few examples of your own.

Very well...

Turnip greens, fried okra, black-eyed peas, cornbread, fired green tomatoes, sawmill gravy and biscuits, red-eye gravy and biscuits, just plain biscuits...

Southern Food is aka: Soul Food!

Canceled2
01-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Grits? YUCK~~~~

You just haven't had 'em made and served right my friend...

cancel2 2022
01-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Very well...

Turnip greens, fried okra, black-eyed peas, cornbread, fired green tomatoes, sawmill gravy and biscuits, red-eye gravy and biscuits, just plain biscuits...

Southern Food is aka: Soul Food!

Biscuits mean something different in the UK, it comes from the French and means twice cooked, what you call a biscuit is called a scone over here. Okra is a staple of Indian cuisine typically in the form of Bhindi Baaji, which is usually a starter in Indian restaurants.

/MSG/
01-29-2010, 10:28 PM

Just for fun, ask Dixie to explain 1/3.

/MSG/
01-29-2010, 10:29 PM
If you are extolling the virtues of Southern cuisine, it would help if you gave a few examples of your own. Nothing wrong with venison though, assuming that it is from a young deer.

Venison is more a northern cuisine than a southern one Tom.

asaratis
01-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Grits, possum, roadkill and poke salad, a sumptous feast indeed.Turkey fries, mountain oysters, raccoon and rice, cornbread muffins, pepperjelly, mint julips, watermelon, greasy fried chicken, a good old fashioned pig-pullin', beef tongue, chicken livers, catfish, craw-dads, goat's milk, pig's feet, shrimp, rabbit, turtle, guinea eggs, dove, duck, beef tenderloin, rattlesnake, alligator and gar.

I'd had that and more.

We also like baby lamb and French wine. Carnivores rule!!

Grits with a little butter and 2 slices of garden fresh tomato salt and pepper...yummmmmmmmmmm!Grits and Shrimp...

If you are extolling the virtues of Southern cuisine, it would help if you gave a few examples of your own. Nothing wrong with venison though, assuming that it is from a young deer.Deer sausage! Hard to beat. Had a friend that would bring some to work annually, shortly after the killing season. That, a biscuit and some jelly would be to die for.

Dixie - In Memoriam
01-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Biscuits mean something different in the UK, it comes from the French and means twice cooked, what you call a biscuit is called a scone over here. Okra is a staple of Indian cuisine typically in the form of Bhindi Baaji, which is usually a starter in Indian restaurants.

Well, down here we call them "catheads" for some reason. I think it comes from the size... they are as big as a cat's head. I've had UK biscuits... made by Cadbury... (the people who make the chocolate Easter eggs with gooey filling here) They were good, but I would classify them as "cookies" instead of biscuits. I've not had your "scones" but I already know they aren't as good as my mom's catheads! Nothing on the planet comes close!

Okra is a little funky... I don't like boiled okra, it's one of the slimiest most disgusting green things you could ever put in your mouth. I enjoy a good pickled okra, if you ever have the chance to try it... but by all means, my favorite is southern homemade fried okra. Growing/picking okra is not much fun, it is very... itchy... reminds you of handling fiberglass or something...

asaratis
01-29-2010, 11:03 PM
Well, down here we call them "catheads" for some reason. I think it comes from the size... they are as big as a cat's head. I've had UK biscuits... made by Cadbury... (the people who make the chocolate Easter eggs with gooey filling here) They were good, but I would classify them as "cookies" instead of biscuits. I've not had your "scones" but I already know they aren't as good as my mom's catheads! Nothing on the planet comes close!

Okra is a little funky... I don't like boiled okra, it's one of the slimiest most disgusting green things you could ever put in your mouth. I enjoy a good pickled okra, if you ever have the chance to try it... but by all means, my favorite is southern homemade fried okra. Growing/picking okra is not much fun, it is very... itchy... reminds you of handling fiberglass or something...Oh, bull! Boiled okra is good. It just looks like it'S NOT!

Dixie - In Memoriam
01-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Oh, bull! Boiled okra is good. It just looks like it'S NOT!

LOL... Exactly!! :good4u:

BRUTALITOPS
01-29-2010, 11:30 PM
southerners disgust me I wish we could chainsaw through america and let you float off into the sea. Not only low class, but proudly low class. The worst combination. Proudly stupid, ignorant, proudly religious and illiterate, they love racism, guns, and fucking sisters. They have such empty heads they can watch nascar and thoroughly enjoy it. Fat beer belly's, they wear overalls and are moronicly nationalistic to the point of tatooing the flag on their face while at the same time hating the very government they worship and being paranoid about it to the point that they need to sleep with a gun under their pillow in case obama or al qaeda comes to their house to take their freedoms. catapult a pumpkin 300 feet while playing the banjo and then set off an m80 and you'll make them reach orgasm on the spot.

asaratis
01-29-2010, 11:45 PM
southerners disgust meSome disgust me too.
I wish we could chainsaw through america and let you float off into the sea.What a childish thought.
Not only low class, but proudly low class. The "class" system is an imagined thing. You are as low class as anyone else.
The worst combination. Proudly stupid, ignorant, proudly religious and illiterate, they love racism, guns, and fucking sisters. They have such empty heads they can watch nascar and thoroughly enjoy it. Fat beer belly's, they wear overalls and are moronicly nationalistic to the point of tatooing the flag on their face while at the same time hating the very government they worship and being paranoid about it to the point that they need to sleep with a gun under their pillow in case obama or al qaeda comes to their house to take their freedoms. catapult a pumpkin 300 feet while playing the banjo and then set off an m80 and you'll make them reach orgasm on the spot.You generalize so well. I think you've watched too much TV. Apparently, you are ignorant of the south...and proud of it.

/MSG/
01-30-2010, 12:12 AM
What wrong with a love of guns Grind? Better than your hopeless Apple obsession.

Dixie - In Memoriam
01-30-2010, 12:28 AM
southerners disgust me I wish we could chainsaw through america and let you float off into the sea. Not only low class, but proudly low class. The worst combination. Proudly stupid, ignorant, proudly religious and illiterate, they love racism, guns, and fucking sisters. They have such empty heads they can watch nascar and thoroughly enjoy it. Fat beer belly's, they wear overalls and are moronicly nationalistic to the point of tatooing the flag on their face while at the same time hating the very government they worship and being paranoid about it to the point that they need to sleep with a gun under their pillow in case obama or al qaeda comes to their house to take their freedoms. catapult a pumpkin 300 feet while playing the banjo and then set off an m80 and you'll make them reach orgasm on the spot.

What a great example of your overall views on stereotyping, prejudice, and bigoted thinking! I think our newest member can get a feel for just what sort of person you really are and what kind of character you possess, just by that one example! Well done, Grind!

BRUTALITOPS
01-30-2010, 01:09 AM
and well done to you for being able to type out a couple of sentences! your mother would be very proud. I think you even got some 3 syllable + words in there.

Ashes of a Global Pariah
01-30-2010, 06:18 AM

You play the class warfare card so well. You're more like what you describe. You should just chainsaw yourself and let your torso float in a lake while the maggots skullfuck you.

Ashes of a Global Pariah
01-31-2010, 01:50 PM
Well this board's too slow for me so let me get this over with and brush aside my congenialities... Asa, why are you such a cunt?

asaratis
01-31-2010, 02:24 PM
Well this board's too slow for me so let me get this over with and brush aside my congenialities... Asa, why are you such a cunt?Because you think me so?

Ashes of a Global Pariah
01-31-2010, 05:38 PM
Because you think me so?

... nevermind you're too boring to waste time on.

My time at JPP is over.

PostmodernProphet
01-31-2010, 10:59 PM
We don't agree very often but I tried them once and it looked like wallpaper paste without the bits.

then they weren't made right.....good grits taste like wallpaper paste WITH bits....

Damocles
01-31-2010, 10:59 PM

My time at JPP is over.
Already? Weak.

USFREEDOM911
01-31-2010, 11:02 PM
Already? Weak.

We can't miss the fucker, if the asswipe won't leave. :good4u:

asaratis
02-01-2010, 12:23 AM

My time at JPP is over.AMF!

:gives::321::blowup:

:thisisgettinggood:

Norman Paperman
02-06-2010, 02:14 PM

Well, there goes the neigborhood...