PDA

View Full Version : Different Spanks for Different Ranks

Care4all
08-02-2006, 06:10 PM
ok, army, air force and marines...

what does different spanks for different ranks mean to you?

Does this term relate to how the little guys ...like those that got in trouble in abu ghraib for using torture tactics, get in trouble and punished but those that ordered it, do not?

Cancel7
08-02-2006, 06:31 PM

Does this term relate to how the little guys ...like those that got in trouble in abu ghraib for using torture tactics, get in trouble and punished but those that ordered it, do not?

Oh I don't know anything about this Care, sorry. I thought from the title that you had made a post about the pros or cons of spankings. I know something about that, if you ever start the thread.

Care4all
08-02-2006, 06:41 PM
hahahahaha.... !!! Oh Darla dear, you so light up my ever so boring life on this board....!!! hahahaha!

so sorry to disappoint you on the topic...lol

how are ya girlfriend?

Care

maineman
08-02-2006, 08:34 PM

you excluded me from the very beginning from even commenting. harrumph!

Damocles
08-02-2006, 08:36 PM
I guess I'm not allowed to answer.

Care4all
08-03-2006, 06:00 AM
you excluded me from the very beginning from even commenting. harrumph!

oops! NAVY too!

Immanuel
08-03-2006, 06:18 AM
I can't comment either (Old Coastie) and neither can Dixie or anyone who has never served.

Immie

Care4all
08-03-2006, 06:59 AM
ok, darnit! Coast guard too...

I heard the term, yesterday on c-span, a guest mentioned the saying...

Damocles
08-03-2006, 07:02 AM
It talks about, even when caught, the higher the Officer the easier they get off...

Full Bird Colonel (Captain in the Navy) is usually the level where it really kicks in and they can usually get away with almost anything with the highest punishment being forced retirement...

Damocles
08-03-2006, 07:03 AM
Here is a link that can explain it in detail...

http://www.militarycorruption.com/doublestand.htm

maineman
08-03-2006, 07:33 AM
It talks about, even when caught, the higher the Officer the easier they get off...

Full Bird Colonel (Captain in the Navy) is usually the level where it really kicks in and they can usually get away with almost anything with the highest punishment being forced retirement...

I agree....

look, for example, at the monumental fuck ups of ADM Dick Macke, USN, when he was CINCPAC.... he was asked to retire and that was it.

Damocles
08-03-2006, 07:35 AM
I agree....

look, for example, at the monumental fuck ups of ADM Dick Macke, USN, when he was CINCPAC.... he was asked to retire and that was it.
Most of the time they are even allowed to finish off time restraints at the rank they have if they wouldn't get retirement pay. If you are enlisted this never hits at this type of level.

Cancel7
08-03-2006, 08:58 AM
hahahahaha.... !!! Oh Darla dear, you so light up my ever so boring life on this board....!!! hahahaha!

so sorry to disappoint you on the topic...lol

how are ya girlfriend?

Care

I'm hot! It's a hundred degrees here. Probably where you are too. :)

Cypress
08-03-2006, 09:12 AM
I'm hot! It's a hundred degrees here. Probably where you are too. :)

Ahhh, today's high in my town: 66 degrees ;)

Cancel7
08-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Ahhh, today's high in my town: 66 degrees ;)

You are so lucky. And you get that pretty much all year round right? That's heaven.

Cypress
08-03-2006, 09:24 AM
You are so lucky. And you get that pretty much all year round right? That's heaven.

;)

Yes, between 65 and 75 degrees year round. I lived in Arizona years ago. No thanks. No heat for me anymore ;)

OrnotBitwise
08-03-2006, 09:27 AM
;)

Yes, between 65 and 75 degrees year round. I lived in Arizona years ago. No thanks. No heat for me anymore ;)
Yeah, but we had our share of roasting weather a couple of weeks ago. The current heat wave passed through here first.

Of course, I was in the mountains at the time and so missed it. :cool:

Cypress
08-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Yeah, but we had our share of roasting weather a couple of weeks ago. The current heat wave passed through here first.

Of course, I was in the mountains at the time and so missed it. :cool:

Oakland was broiling? Usually the bay seems to moderate the temp there.

It never gets hot here. We're right on the ocean and get lots of fog and marine layering.