PDA

View Full Version : Frist will NOT run...

Damocles
11-29-2006, 12:21 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/cq/20061129/pl_cq_politics/fristwillnotseekrepublicanpresidentialnod

Outgoing Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist of Tennessee announced today he would not seek the Republican presidential nomination in 2008.

ADVERTISEMENT

"In the Bible, God tells us for everything there is a season, and for me, for now, this season of being an elected official has come to a close," Frist said in a statement. "I do not intend to run for president in 2008."

maineman
11-29-2006, 12:27 PM
my guess is that he watched a videotape of himself speaking in public and diagnosed himself as braindead

Cypress
11-29-2006, 12:30 PM
C'mon Newt!!!

Newt should be the front runner for the conservative wing of the republican party, with Frist and George Allen out of the way.

Go Newt!

uscitizen
11-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Newt has some heavy baggage....
And says freedom of speech promotes terrorism.

OrnotBitwise
12-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Newt has some heavy baggage....
And says freedom of speech promotes terrorism.Which is exactly why cypress wants him to run. Wanna watch the Republican Party go down in flames again?

:D

Cypress
12-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Which is exactly why cypress wants him to run. Wanna watch the Republican Party go down in flames again?

:D

No way!

I fear Newt! He's the best nominee the repubs could put up!

I expect true conservatives to rally around him, if they want to vote on principles. This McCain/Gulliani/Rice crap is an affront to conservatism!

Care4all
12-01-2006, 08:00 PM
frist is going to be indicted for insider trading more than likely, and this is why he is not running for president or his senator's seat.

and i HATE the way he USED ''God'' in his statement about moving on............he's such a phony....they all are...all the ones that used God's name in vain! (deceitfully, craftily....as a pawn for their own scumminess) :(

Care4all
12-01-2006, 08:03 PM
newt has alot of baggage....he's also a divider not a uniter.

.... though i think he is their strongest candidate.

maineman
12-01-2006, 08:04 PM
I would love newt to get the nomination.

a serial adulterer and an intern fucker.

the perfect nominee to showcase the incredible hypocrisy of the republican party.

maineman
12-01-2006, 08:05 PM
"we impeach 'em when the are democrats...we nominate 'em when they are republicans"

a campaign slogan for the ages

Cypress
12-01-2006, 08:16 PM

the perfect nominee to showcase the incredible hypocrisy of the republican party.

McCain and Gulliani are adulterers too.

What happened to the GOP campaign motto: "Morals Matter!"

Jarod
12-04-2006, 09:49 AM

And a liar when under oath!

Jarod
12-04-2006, 09:53 AM
The Republicans appear to have no Conservatives willing or able to run. I think its great, every right winger is pretty much out! They have some Liberals dressed in Conservative cloathing. McCain will move right ASAP... this way he can confuse enough Republicans into thinking he is a conservative to get the nomination. ONce thats secured he will run to the left so fast your head will spin.

I dont belive Hillary can win, she is considered to far left, McCain can strangulate her with the middle. Obama however may be able to capture more of the middle than McCain and win outright!

Cancel7
12-04-2006, 01:32 PM
McCain and Gulliani are adulterers too.

What happened to the GOP campaign motto: "Morals Matter!"

Like all other republican rules, it's superceded by rule #1:

When a Republican does it, then that's OK.

Jarod
02-01-2021, 11:03 AM
The Republicans appear to have no Conservatives willing or able to run. I think its great, every right winger is pretty much out! They have some Liberals dressed in Conservative cloathing. McCain will move right ASAP... this way he can confuse enough Republicans into thinking he is a conservative to get the nomination. ONce thats secured he will run to the left so fast your head will spin.

I dont belive Hillary can win, she is considered to far left, McCain can strangulate her with the middle. Obama however may be able to capture more of the middle than McCain and win outright!

Pretty good prediction, if I do say so myself.