PDA

View Full Version : APP - Himalayan glaciers melting!! Uhhh, not really

tinfoil
11-29-2009, 12:37 PM
http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/news/sci-tech/16-the-glacier-controversy-hs-09

FTA:Growing glaciers, however, are not exactly good news. According to Hewitt, ‘Surging glaciers are dangerous because they store water. The Hunza River has declined by 20 per cent due to the advance of glaciers in the area. These glaciers are storing ice… This is a different problem and needs to be investigated’.

LOL we are supposed to worry about them melting or forming!!

Don Quixote
11-29-2009, 09:48 PM
http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/news/sci-tech/16-the-glacier-controversy-hs-09

FTA:Growing glaciers, however, are not exactly good news. According to Hewitt, ‘Surging glaciers are dangerous because they store water. The Hunza River has declined by 20 per cent due to the advance of glaciers in the area. These glaciers are storing ice… This is a different problem and needs to be investigated’.

try greenland and alaska

glaciers advance and retreat due to global climate change

tinfoil
11-29-2009, 10:56 PM
try greenland and alaska

what's your point? Are you aware of natural cycles like, well say for instance, ICE AGES?

How does melting glaciers prove humans are responsible? Would they not melt if humans were not on the earth?

The data that was used to underpin the CO2 theory has been found to be manipulated and the raw data is fucking missing. Which part of that do you still find convincing?

Taichiliberal
11-29-2009, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by tinfoil
http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/...troversy-hs-09

try greenland and alaska

He's still operating on the erroneous literal translation of the term "global warming" from a few years ago. :palm:

Taichiliberal
11-29-2009, 11:03 PM
what's your point? Are you aware of natural cycles like, well say for instance, ICE AGES? That IS his point.....YOU were trying to imply that there is no such thing as global warming because of this particular glacial growth. He's pointing out that your simplistic attitude is based on the erroneous literal translation of the phrase "global warming" of a few years ago.
How does melting glaciers prove humans are responsible? Would they not melt if humans were not on the earth? The question you should ask is, "would they melt at the current rate?
The data that was used to underpin the CO2 theory has been found to be manipulated and the raw data is fucking missing. Actually, only ONE particular theory was found in error....NOT all the evidence or theories. Which part of that do you still find convincing?
All that which YOU patently ignore, deny or trivialize.

Minister of Truth
11-29-2009, 11:50 PM
He's still operating on the erroneous literal translation of the term "global warming" from a few years ago. :palm:

And?

Taichiliberal
11-30-2009, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
He's still operating on the erroneous literal translation of the term "global warming" from a few years ago.

And?

And what?

Minister of Truth
11-30-2009, 12:46 AM
And what?

Climate change.

Don Quixote
11-30-2009, 02:39 AM
what's your point? Are you aware of natural cycles like, well say for instance, ICE AGES?

How does melting glaciers prove humans are responsible? Would they not melt if humans were not on the earth?

The data that was used to underpin the CO2 theory has been found to be manipulated and the raw data is fucking missing. Which part of that do you still find convincing?

here's one for you - recent data analysis shows that ice ages form much faster than we though - like one decade from 'normal' weather to ice age

perhaps we are stalling off the next ice age with our co2 emissions...

the real problem is that we do not know enough about global climate changes and we really need to know what causes them so we can prepare for them...regardless of the cause

so lets stop arguing and start collecting as much data as possible and analyze it thoroughly as part of an international effort...or on our own

we are analyzing ice cores to try to track global climate changes and more recent climate changes - looking through recorded history

this is one case where we cannot afford to be wrong because the consequences are just too dire

global climate change is here and now and we need to know more

tinfoil
11-30-2009, 08:39 AM

You idiot! I'm pointing out how we get false information about global warming

Annie
11-30-2009, 08:53 AM
here's one for you - recent data analysis shows that ice ages form much faster than we though - like one decade from 'normal' weather to ice age

perhaps we are stalling off the next ice age with our co2 emissions...

the real problem is that we do not know enough about global climate changes and we really need to know what causes them so we can prepare for them...regardless of the cause

so lets stop arguing and start collecting as much data as possible and analyze it thoroughly as part of an international effort...or on our own

we are analyzing ice cores to try to track global climate changes and more recent climate changes - looking through recorded history

this is one case where we cannot afford to be wrong because the consequences are just too dire

global climate change is here and now and we need to know more

I could go along with your suggestion, if the governments stop acting like they know man/carbon/whatever is causing it. When they KNOW that would be a different thing.

What we have NOW is that it appears that those most responsible for government/world data, possibly cooked the books, to make the science 'arguably' settled. It's no where close to settled.

Don Quixote
11-30-2009, 03:32 PM
I could go along with your suggestion, if the governments stop acting like they know man/carbon/whatever is causing it. When they KNOW that would be a different thing.

What we have NOW is that it appears that those most responsible for government/world data, possibly cooked the books, to make the science 'arguably' settled. It's no where close to settled.

'cooking the books' seems to be a bit to common, but where is the data that we can rely on

i notice that no one responded to my comment that an ice age could take only one decade to take over - sadly, i got this from one of the science channels and do not have a link

Taichiliberal
11-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Climate change.

Go back, read everything in the thread carefully and comprehensively....then go play games with someone else, because you're not as dumb as you pretend to be.

Taichiliberal
11-30-2009, 04:55 PM

You idiot! I'm pointing out how we get false information about global warming

Sorry bunky, but like I said you take ONE incident of botched information and try to generalize for ALL aspects of proof regarding the global warming issue. As the chronological posts of this and other threads show, you're wrong. My previous statement stands regardless of your insipid stubborness and dishonest revisions to the contrary. Carry on.

tinfoil
11-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Sorry bunky, but like I said you take ONE incident of botched information and try to generalize for ALL aspects of proof regarding the global warming issue. As the chronological posts of this and other threads show, you're wrong. My previous statement stands regardless of your insipid stubborness and dishonest revisions to the contrary. Carry on.

What part of the article did you not read?

DamnYankee
11-30-2009, 07:56 PM
You "warmists" crack me up. First the world is getting cold, then its getting hot, now its either or. LOL

Minister of Truth
11-30-2009, 08:08 PM
You "warmists" crack me up. First the world is getting cold, then its getting hot, now its either or. LOL

http://www.hotornot.com

Lowaicue
11-30-2009, 09:44 PM

Who gives a shit. If you don't want to accept your personal and your nation's responsibility to the planet it's up to you. I guess you get a free ride... but that's what you people like, right?

USFREEDOM911
11-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Who gives a shit. If you don't want to accept your personal and your nation's responsibility to the planet it's up to you. I guess you get a free ride... but that's what you people like, right?

Just like a typickal warmer.
When you have nothing to back your whine, you attack the oppositon. :palm:

tinfoil
12-01-2009, 12:07 AM

Appeal to emotion? WTF?
We already clean up our environment. It's your country that has a problem. Tainted fucking toys ring a bell?

Lowaicue
12-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Appeal to emotion? WTF?
We already clean up our environment. It's your country that has a problem. Tainted fucking toys ring a bell?

Do you know the meaning of product specification?

DamnYankee
12-01-2009, 07:12 AM
Do you know the meaning of product specification?How lame.

With regard to man-made climate change, it ain't happening. But I'm willing to err on the side of caution. That's why I'm an advocate of nuclear power. :pke:

Lowaicue
12-01-2009, 07:53 AM
How lame.

With regard to man-made climate change, it ain't happening. But I'm willing to err on the side of caution. That's why I'm an advocate of nuclear power. :pke:

Lame? Tell me why you think it is lame.

DamnYankee
12-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Lame? Tell me why you think it is lame.Tell me why you thing product specs allow tainted toys.

Lowaicue
12-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Tell me why you thing product specs allow tainted toys.

They allow whatever the toy designer designs. The choice of paint, the choice of small parts. Chinese factories make NO product decisions. Any corners cut are cut together with the company who has specified the product.
Western companies and IN PARTICULAR American companies conduct company audits. They are designed to be comprehensive but if they fail they are the fault of the conductors of the audits.
Sorry. Didn't think I would have to explain that since it was in the press at the time.

DamnYankee
12-01-2009, 08:21 AM
They allow whatever the toy designer designs. The choice of paint, the choice of small parts. Chinese factories make NO product decisions. Any corners cut are cut together with the company who has specified the product.
Western companies and IN PARTICULAR American companies conduct company audits. They are designed to be comprehensive but if they fail they are the fault of the conductors of the audits.
Sorry. Didn't think I would have to explain that since it was in the press at the time. LOL Like the designer specifies lead paint and lead in plastics. :palm:

Lowaicue
12-01-2009, 08:34 AM
LOL Like the designer specifies lead paint and lead in plastics. :palm:

It is the buyers responsibility to specify everything he wants included. It is his responsibility to understand all products.
This is how it usually works.
Company, say Toys r us or Walmart have an office in Hong Kong or employ a sourcing agent such as Li and Fung or Tradewinds, to find possible product or product manufacturers. The product is designed according to the resellers requirement. That design and spec is sent, on a CD, to the sourcing company who then visit their shortlist of factories on the mainland. One is chosen. Prices are negotiated, delivery schedules are agreed and samples are made. The samples are examined by the retailer with the help of a testing company like SGS. The product goes into production. Random samples are taken (or should be) by the retailers agents and submitted either to the retailer or to a test lab.
The product is delivered and put on sale. You buy it. If we have Li and Fung shares we make money. We seldom say thank you.
At no time does the retailer not know exactly what is going on... unless of course, he is an idle son of a bitch southern yank for whom raising his sorry arse in the morning is too much trouble.

DamnYankee
12-01-2009, 08:49 AM
It is the buyers responsibility to specify everything he wants included..... And the buyer wants a safe, lead free product. Nice try.

Lowaicue
12-01-2009, 09:01 AM
And the buyer wants a safe, lead free product. Nice try.

Sometimes the buyer is inexperienced. In the case of the toys the buyers were American. You tell me what Americans want.
You do know what a product purchasing department looks like....don't you?
Give it up, old chap. You were just a puppy dog chasing a stick but when you reached it you found it was too heavy for you to pick up. I'll put you down as 'retired - hurt'.

tinfoil
12-01-2009, 09:08 AM
LOL ching chang says it's the fault of the person who orders the paint, not the company that makes the paint! LOL that's fucking hilarious!
http://freon.shackspace.com/misc/orry7uj.jpg

Lowaicue
12-01-2009, 09:24 AM
LOL ching chang says it's the fault of the person who orders the paint, not the company that makes the paint! LOL that's fucking hilarious!

It has nothing to do with the manufacturer of the paint. Have you ANY idea how products are designed and the various component parts specified?
Tell me, without looking it up, what specification and what assurances you would require from a manufacturer of a epoxy coating if you wanted to coat a flat roof? What concrete mix would you use for a nuclear reactor?
Is it the concrete supplier's responsibility?? Is it the epoxy coating manufacturers responsibility??
You had better put the stick down, too. Its just too heavy for one as inexperienced as you clearly are.
I have told you in very simple terms how trade with China is conducted. I have told you how American companies audit (you DO know what that means in this context, don't you?) overseas manufacturers.
If you wish to continue chasing sticks like a puppy dog, please be my guest.
I honestly thought you had more sense.

tinfoil
12-01-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm sure mattel ordered paint with lead in it. Or melamine in the dog food. You chinese are scum when it comes to business practices.

Lowaicue
12-01-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm sure mattel ordered paint with lead in it. Or melamine in the dog food. You chinese are scum when it comes to business practices.

Don't be quite so naive please. Nobody ORDERS paint with lead in it. That is an incredibly immature and silly thing to suggest. Similarly if the buyers at Mattel were not cognisant of the fact that product safety laws in China at the time were not the same as they are in the US then that was THEIR fault. Caveat Emptor. Get it?
As far as food stuffs are concerned I will repeat what I have said several times here. Dont buy Chinese foodstuffs. That is simple enough even for you, huh?
So I'm Chinese now am I? And you, my dear Tinfoil, are proving yourself to be extremely naive and incredibly stupid.
I was under the impression that you were employed. I have to tell you, young man, that were I your boss our relationship would be extremely temporary.

Taichiliberal
12-01-2009, 05:57 PM
What part of the article did you not read?

I read everything including the information I sourced...of which you either read parts of or nothing at all.

If you're going to regurgiatate the SOS, I'll just link to previous discussions for my answers, because let's face it...you don't think beyond the mantras and rhetoric.

Taichiliberal
12-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Appeal to emotion? WTF?

"We already clean (ed) up our environment."

To paraphrase Saturday Nite Live, "Tinfoil, you ignorant neocon slut".

Here stupid, LEARN SOMETHING:

http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/28/pollution-ozone-air-lifestyle-health-ozone-pollution.html

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/07/020718075630.htm

Lowaicue
12-01-2009, 06:32 PM
"We already clean (ed) up our environment."

http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/28/pollution-ozone-air-lifestyle-health-ozone-pollution.html

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/07/020718075630.htm

I fear that Tinfoil, who I had not previously considered a brain dead RW loon, is proving just how wrong I was.

tinfoil
12-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Don't be quite so naive please. Nobody ORDERS paint with lead in it. That is an incredibly immature and silly thing to suggest. Similarly if the buyers at Mattel were not cognisant of the fact that product safety laws in China at the time were not the same as they are in the US then that was THEIR fault. Caveat Emptor. Get it?
As far as food stuffs are concerned I will repeat what I have said several times here. Dont buy Chinese foodstuffs. That is simple enough even for you, huh?
So I'm Chinese now am I? And you, my dear Tinfoil, are proving yourself to be extremely naive and incredibly stupid.
I was under the impression that you were employed. I have to tell you, young man, that were I your boss our relationship would be extremely temporary.

Did you really just make my point that chinese are scum? LOL

Plus, I'm self employed--Something I bet you've never even contemplated

Annie
12-01-2009, 06:57 PM
'cooking the books' seems to be a bit to common, but where is the data that we can rely on

i notice that no one responded to my comment that an ice age could take only one decade to take over - sadly, i got this from one of the science channels and do not have a link

Why would they? You misused 'to' in place of the correct, 'too.' Not being picky and I'm no grammar nazi, you are just way too full of yourself here.

Lowaicue
12-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Did you really just make my point that chinese are scum? LOL

Plus, I'm self employed--Something I bet you've never even contemplated

You may make as many points as you wish. I doubt that you know what you are talking about and I doubt that you seriously wish to be informed. As such you are of no consequence. Are Americans scum? Some sure as hell are, if we use your childish definition. Are British people scum? Indubitably. How about Canadians, German, French, Peruvians?
I have been self employed, in as much that I started companies and employed people, for over 25 years. Does that answer your question? I am now well into my retirement, so if you learn nothing else, perhaps you can learn not to make assumptions and not to play with the big boys until you grow a little more.
Now put your tongue back in your mouth, wipe the dribble from your chin, if you have one, and get an early night. You sure as hell need it.

DamnYankee
12-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Sometimes the buyer is inexperienced. In the case of the toys the buyers were American. You tell me what Americans want.
You do know what a product purchasing department looks like....don't you?
Give it up, old chap. You were just a puppy dog chasing a stick but when you reached it you found it was too heavy for you to pick up. I'll put you down as 'retired - hurt'. Ad hom means you lost the debate. No surprise. :)

Canceled1
12-01-2009, 07:32 PM

I believe that would be "solly"

Lowaicue
12-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Ad hom means you lost the debate. No surprise. :)

There was no debate to lose. I supplied you with information. As such winning and losing have nothing to do with it. However if you get off on pretence, please be my guest.
I guess you are one of the reasons your economy took a tumble. If it hasnt got tits and doesnt carry a gun it's totally beyond you.

Lowaicue
12-01-2009, 07:45 PM
I believe that would be "solly"

I was expecting your stupidity long ago. What? No mention of male genitalia??? My, you ARE slipping.

DamnYankee
12-01-2009, 09:10 PM
There was no debate to lose. I supplied you with information. As such winning and losing have nothing to do with it. However if you get off on pretence, please be my guest.
I guess you are one of the reasons your economy took a tumble. If it hasnt got tits and doesnt carry a gun it's totally beyond you.
My economy's doing fine. It's Obama's that sucks.

Lowaicue
12-01-2009, 09:41 PM
My economy's doing fine. It's Obama's that sucks.

So suck it.

tinfoil
12-01-2009, 10:12 PM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/Former-NASA-climate-scientist-pleads-guilty-to-contract-fraud-8613137-78268862.html

DamnYankee
12-02-2009, 07:31 AM
So suck it. I see you are frustrated at losing debates. :)

Lowaicue
12-02-2009, 07:44 AM
I see you are frustrated at losing debates. :)

I see English is not your first language. Sorry should have realised.

DamnYankee
12-02-2009, 07:48 AM
I see English is not your first language. Sorry should have realised. You're right: American English is. :)

Canceled1
12-02-2009, 07:50 AM
I was expecting your stupidity long ago. What? No mention of male genitalia??? My, you ARE slipping.

That would require you having male genitalia, arsehole. Check your own slip.

1/2 a heart is an organ afterall...

I guess...

Now back to your shit-slinging like a good old broken down man.

DamnYankee
12-02-2009, 07:54 AM

I guess...

Nice slap at that bitch! :good4u:

Lowaicue
12-02-2009, 07:57 AM

I guess...

Well, my half a heart has within it a small amount of compassion, a tad of respect and a soupcon of tolerance for most people, clearly you are not included. As regards the male genitalia you will never know so its back to your warped and extremely immature imagination. Always know when you have run out of batteries, don't we? Now go out and find a man. Dont forget to get him well drunk before trying anything. Or you can just get back to kicking pebbles.

Canceled1
12-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Nice slap at that bitch! :good4u:

He was born a Mother Effer and he will die a Mother Effer.

Canceled1
12-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Well, my half a heart has within it a small amount of compassion, a tad of respect and a soupcon of tolerance for most people, clearly you are not included. As regards the male genitalia you will never know so its back to your warped and extremely immature imagination. Always know when you have run out of batteries, don't we? Now go out and find a man. Dont forget to get him well drunk before trying anything. Or you can just get back to kicking pebbles.

Dear old man. No one wants to see your male genitalia. No one. Getting drunk would not even be an option for a lady with you, and the best part is you know it.

I will kick my pebbles whenever I like and I will kick them square in your twisted, pinched, and sour face that has been spewing bile these last eight years.

Sit there in your chair with your blanket tucked around your scrawny legs and your prescriptions lined on the table beside you. Dream of all you did and all you will never do again and wipe the drool from your chin.

Railing at the world helps, eh old man?

There-there dear...

Lowaicue
12-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Dear old man. No one wants to see your male genitalia. No one. Getting drunk would not even be an option for a lady with you, and the best part is you know it.

I will kick my pebbles whenever I like and I will kick them square in your twisted, pinched, and sour face that has been spewing bile these last eight years.

Sit there in your chair with your blanket tucked around your scrawny legs and your prescriptions lined on the table beside you. Dream of all you did and all you will never do again and wipe the drool from your chin.

There-there dear...

LOL

USFREEDOM911
12-02-2009, 08:59 AM

There-there dear...

NOW, THAT'S A BIATCH SLAP. :good4u:

Lowaicue
12-02-2009, 06:12 PM
NOW, THAT'S A BIATCH SLAP. :good4u:

Not really. That is evidence of a frustrated hag who failed to get my undivided attention years ago. A point which I know she remembers but will deny with her usual brand of invective and pebble kicking.

DamnYankee
12-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Not really. That is evidence of a frustrated hag who failed to get my undivided attention years ago. A point which I know she remembers but will deny with her usual brand of invective and pebble kicking.
Nah- it was a biatch slap.

Lowaicue
12-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Nah- it was a biatch slap.

Yup

DamnYankee
12-02-2009, 08:03 PM
There's a reason why we call you Low IQ, and you never disappoint.

Lowaicue
12-02-2009, 08:46 PM
There's a reason why we call you Low IQ, and you never disappoint.

Yup

Taichiliberal
12-02-2009, 09:08 PM

Tinfoil wrote: "We already clean (ed) up our environment."

http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/28/pol...pollution.html

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0718075630.htm

I fear that Tinfoil, who I had not previously considered a brain dead RW loon, is proving just how wrong I was.

Yeah, he's living up to his screen name and self description with each post.

USFREEDOM911
12-02-2009, 11:23 PM

And now you show how the biatch whines, after getting yourself biatch slapped.

:good4u:

Canceled1
12-03-2009, 08:04 AM
And now you show how the biatch whines, after getting yourself biatch slapped.

:good4u:

The only thing that will ever have his undivided attention from here on out will be his fantasy past.

He always bragged on screen how the women lusted after him, and of course we winked and giggled back then. All those old bits on the beach.

Then his heart blew an axle and along with that went his delusions of grandeur.

Poor broken down has-been.

Lowaicue
12-03-2009, 06:46 PM
The only thing that will ever have his undivided attention from here on out will be his fantasy past.

He always bragged on screen how the women lusted after him, and of course we winked and giggled back then. All those old bits on the beach.

Then his heart blew an axle and along with that went his delusions of grandeur.

Poor broken down has-been.

I honestly hadn't realised just how obsessed you have been. I'm sorry you have carried this burden for so long. I think you need to put it down.
I'm going to put you on ignore for a while to allow you to get it all out of your system this obsession is not good.