PDA

View Full Version : I thought capitulating saved N. Ireland...

Damocles
11-24-2006, 01:15 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15876257/

Updated: 2 hours, 48 minutes ago
BELFAST, Northern Ireland - Northern Ireland’s politicians missed another deadline for forming a government Friday, then fled from the building as one of Northern Ireland’s most infamous Protestant militants burst in claiming to have a bomb.

The attack came shortly after Protestant leader Ian Paisley refused to accept a nomination as the future leader of Northern Ireland’s power-sharing administration.

Paisley, whose Democratic Unionist Party is the largest in Northern Ireland, said he would work with Sinn Fein, the Irish Republican Army-linked party that represents most Catholics, only when it supports the police force. If that happened, Paisley said he would accept the post.

Gaffer
11-24-2006, 04:52 PM
Another Clinton plan falls apart. The appeasement party fails again.

Cypress
11-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Another Clinton plan falls apart. The appeasement party fails again.

ROTFLMAO!

You need to take your act onto the stage.

Gaffer's criteria for failure:

-Some crackpot runs into the parliament building in northern ireland claiming to have a "bomb" and is immediately arrested. Failure for Clinton!!!

-Bush's spends half a trillion dollars, ignites a civil war and insurgency, and gets tens of thousands of american troops killed or wounded. Its not a failure! Stop bashing Bush! We're making progress!

Damocles
11-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Of course it totally ignores that N. Ireland cannot agree on a government. That it pretty much seems to be all falling apart at the moment. I guess Christians are not ready for Democracy...

OrnotBitwise
11-24-2006, 08:39 PM
Of course it totally ignores that N. Ireland cannot agree on a government. That it pretty much seems to be all falling apart at the moment. I guess Christians are not ready for Democracy...
A lot of them aren't.

I'm curious as to which side you believe "capitulated" in the six counties. :cool:

charver
11-27-2006, 06:14 PM
The only solution is for America to immediately invade and establish a genuine democracy.

I believe, from my intelligence sources that, DUP leader, Ian Paisley and his despotic son, Ian Paisley Jnr, are embarking on a WMD programme of immense proportions. However, we have it on good authority that American troops, if they drop a few bombs on some residential areas, will be welcomed with open arms by the resident communities.

Time is of the essence, people. Let's get this thing sorted out asap.

uscitizen
11-27-2006, 07:26 PM
This from northern Ireland? and some of you thiink Iraq will pull it together ? sheesh....

Damocles
11-27-2006, 08:02 PM
The only solution is for America to immediately invade and establish a genuine democracy.

I believe, from my intelligence sources that, DUP leader, Ian Paisley and his despotic son, Ian Paisley Jnr, are embarking on a WMD programme of immense proportions. However, we have it on good authority that American troops, if they drop a few bombs on some residential areas, will be welcomed with open arms by the resident communities.

Time is of the essence, people. Let's get this thing sorted out asap.
Not a problem. We'll just use the "War Powers Act" and hop on over for a jaunt. Thirty years or so we'll be ready to turn over some really pissed off people ready to blow up some more bandstands!

AnyOldIron
11-28-2006, 03:04 AM
Northern Ireland wasn't Clinton's idea.

The effectiveness of the IRA / Protestant organisations was gradually undermined by resolving the political issues (ie housing, police etc)

Now, both the IRA and Protestant organisations have little left except one-off extremists attempting to disrupt the situation.

Compare Northern Ireland today with NI in the 90's, for example.