PDA

View Full Version : APP - Amusement Parks

Cancel 2018. 3
11-17-2009, 10:02 PM
i was just perusing amusing parks for the upcoming holidays and was looking at Universal Studios Hollywood.....i've been there as a kid, but i have family that wants to go now....me, amusements parks are ok, i love six flags magic mountain though....

here in lies the rub:

i go to buy tickets, USH offered a "front of the line" pass for only $30 more than a regular ticket....

interesting i say to myself. growing up, there was no such thing. i give a holla to my wife and she says (lifting her head from her grad studies for a wee second)....well, what if everyone buys a front of the line pass, then what good is it.....

hmm...so i sit here and wonder...is this fair? that is a can of worms question....does this create a second class line at an amusement park? for a mere $30...does this even create a faster line?

Cancel 2018. 3
11-17-2009, 10:47 PM
i wonder if watermark would approve....

he would probably tell us to kill all the corporate people and conservatives who work at this park...

oh wait...most are the fictionary proles he loves to talk to about.....

or...would watermark, offline....actually pay the extra money to be first in line...hmmmmm

Minister of Truth
11-17-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm sure Watermark would suck major cock for one of those passes.

Cancel 2018. 3
11-17-2009, 11:48 PM
is this fair? that is a can of worms question....does this create a second class line at an amusement park? for a mere $30...does this even create a faster line?
care to address it 3D?

Minister of Truth
11-18-2009, 12:06 AM
care to address it 3D?

I have very limited experience in amusement parks. Most of the rides I have been on have been at fairs. The nicest parks I've been to was Universal Studios - Orlando, and Busch Gardens back in 2000 when I was in Florida. I've never been to Disneyland or Disney World, or to Six Flags, etc.

As a result, I don't know what benefit fast lane tickets are to the holder. I do know that Disneyland limits the number of fast lane tickets that each group of customers can hold (either one or two, but no more than that, so you either have to locate a scalper or know someone who decides they have no need for theirs), so you may not be able to purchase enough for everyone you go with depending on park policy.

Beefy
11-18-2009, 12:11 AM
USH sucks. The only good thing about it is that its near enough to a real amusement park. Six Flags Magic Mountain. So when you get bored of the Miami Vice and lame ass Jaws shit, you can drive 30 miles up the road and go on Gold Rush and Spinout.

And they don't sell vagina passes, so everyone waits in the same line, Pale Rider style.

FUCK THE POLICE
11-18-2009, 03:48 AM
i was just perusing amusing parks for the upcoming holidays and was looking at Universal Studios Hollywood.....i've been there as a kid, but i have family that wants to go now....me, amusements parks are ok, i love six flags magic mountain though....

here in lies the rub:

i go to buy tickets, USH offered a "front of the line" pass for only $30 more than a regular ticket....

interesting i say to myself. growing up, there was no such thing. i give a holla to my wife and she says (lifting her head from her grad studies for a wee second)....well, what if everyone buys a front of the line pass, then what good is it.....

hmm...so i sit here and wonder...is this fair? that is a can of worms question....does this create a second class line at an amusement park? for a mere $30...does this even create a faster line?

Meh, it's a conservative idea. Use monetary encouragement so that people desperate for the line can get in there faster. And it nets you profit.

But, like all conservative ideas, it has its flaws. It's obviously biased towards the rich, although that won't bother a conservative. The second problem is that essentially allowing paid line-cutting creates a sense of unfairness and resentment amongst your customers. Which may damage the overall experience in the park for most customers.

People don't like it when they're not given a fair shake - and we're actually one of the few animals like this. A chimp doesn't give a fuck if you screw it over, but it matters all the world to a human. So you have to balance what you know about psychology with what the cold figures from economics tell you to have an effective business model.

Way too much analysis for such a trivial subject.

Minister of Truth
11-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Meh, it's a conservative idea. Use monetary encouragement so that people desperate for the line can get in there faster. And it nets you profit.

But, like all conservative ideas, it has its flaws. It's obviously biased towards the rich, although that won't bother a conservative. The second problem is that essentially allowing paid line-cutting creates a sense of unfairness and resentment amongst your customers. Which may damage the overall experience in the park for most customers.

People don't like it when they're not given a fair shake - and we're actually one of the few animals like this. A chimp doesn't give a fuck if you screw it over, but it matters all the world to a human. So you have to balance what you know about psychology with what the cold figures from economics tell you to have an effective business model.

Way too much analysis for such a trivial subject.

You Fail.

:yay:

ZappasGuitar
11-18-2009, 04:11 PM

here in lies the rub:

Sounds like an idea dreamed up by some rich guy who thinks he's better than everyone else and shouldn't have to stand in the same line as the great unwashed masses.

I won't go to any parks that sell those, but really, at Universal at this point, aren't all their rides modeled after their movies. Call me old fashioned, but I don't think the rides I and the fam go on need to be promotional tie-ins to films the studio has released.

Magic Mountain or Knott's Berry Farm. I went to both of those when I was a kid and they were awesome.

/MSG/
11-18-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm sure Watermark would suck major cock for one of those passes.

I'm sure he would suck major cock for string cheese or an old sock.

Cancel 2018. 3
11-18-2009, 06:20 PM
I have very limited experience in amusement parks. Most of the rides I have been on have been at fairs. The nicest parks I've been to was Universal Studios - Orlando, and Busch Gardens back in 2000 when I was in Florida. I've never been to Disneyland or Disney World, or to Six Flags, etc.

As a result, I don't know what benefit fast lane tickets are to the holder. I do know that Disneyland limits the number of fast lane tickets that each group of customers can hold (either one or two, but no more than that, so you either have to locate a scalper or know someone who decides they have no need for theirs), so you may not be able to purchase enough for everyone you go with depending on park policy.

thanks

Damocles
11-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Jeebus, don't go to any Disney theme park, the rides reek. Go to a Six Flags, there are some rides you will enjoy. Or go to Cedar Point, where you will enjoy most of the rides.

Cancel 2018. 3
11-18-2009, 06:25 PM
magic mountain rocks...went there a few times as a teenager

Damocles
11-18-2009, 06:35 PM
magic mountain rocks...went there a few times as a teenager
Then you don't know roller coasters.

Cancel 2018. 3
11-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Then you don't know roller coasters.

:yermom:

Minister of Truth
11-18-2009, 06:42 PM

:lol:

Another great emoticon surfaces!!

Cancel 2016.2
11-23-2009, 11:06 AM
:lol:

Another great emoticon surfaces!!

that one needs to be added on...

Damocles
11-23-2009, 12:54 PM
that one needs to be added on...
It already has been... put yermom between colons....

Minister of Truth
11-23-2009, 09:15 PM
It already has been... put yermom between colons....

You want to sandwich your mom between two assholes?