PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow

Mott the Hoople
09-30-2009, 11:07 AM
If Tim Tebow is allowed to come back and play against LSU then something is really rotten in college football and either the NCAA or someone needs to step in. There's no way one can recover from a concusion like that in two weeks. Putting him in to early places him a much higher risk of having permanent neurological damage if he should take another serious hit to the head.

He needs to be examined by someone who is not on the University of Florida's payroll before he should be permitted to play at the very least.

cawacko
09-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Read on ESPN.com today I guess Florida and a lot of other schools made the players take some type of test before the season and then make them take it after a concussion to be able to judge if they've gotten all their facilities back (something along those lines). I was glad to read it that they're looking out for the players like that.

Topspin
09-30-2009, 11:57 AM
You don't want him taking his from Chad Jones, Rahem Ahlem, and co if he's less than 100%

Cancel5
09-30-2009, 02:10 PM
If Tim Tebow is allowed to come back and play against LSU then something is really rotten in college football and either the NCAA or someone needs to step in. There's no way one can recover from a concusion like that in two weeks. Putting him in to early places him a much higher risk of having permanent neurological damage if he should take another serious hit to the head.

He needs to be examined by someone who is not on the University of Florida's payroll before he should be permitted to play at the very least.
Wow! Already, if it were my son, I would have to be making a fuss!

Topspin
09-30-2009, 02:25 PM
I can't comment to much,
mine wrestled with a broken hand in HS (coach incorrectly said he can't break it any more). Both had several concusions over a couple seasons in hs and college.

Cancel5
09-30-2009, 03:01 PM
I can't comment to much,
mine wrestled with a broken hand in HS (coach incorrectly said he can't break it any more). Both had several concusions over a couple seasons in hs and college.
My son's doctor wouldn't release him when he got a concussion in HS soccer. I was grateful, otherwise, I would have had to have been the bad guy. A broken hand is different from the brain!

christiefan915
09-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Read on ESPN.com today I guess Florida and a lot of other schools made the players take some type of test before the season and then make them take it after a concussion to be able to judge if they've gotten all their facilities back (something along those lines). I was glad to read it that they're looking out for the players like that.

They do that around here in some of the high schools. It's a baseline.

Epicurus
09-30-2009, 08:18 PM
A player for Bama got shot earlier this year and played the same week. No one was concerned about him.

belme1201
09-30-2009, 11:40 PM

The LSU game isn't worth Tebow's future to anyone.
Meyer loves the kid like a son.(With good reason) There's no way he would let Tebow play if there's any doubt about his physical condition, nor would Gator fans or his parents permit it. Tebow is a legend in this area, he is everything you see on and off the field, a coaches dream and a model for all his teammates to look up to. For that reason, even if he doesn't play, you will see a 200% effort from the rest of the team until he returns. Everbody hopes he can play, but nobody wants him to play if there is the slightest danger.

WinterBorn
10-01-2009, 07:08 AM
I doubt Tebow will play is there is any question about his health. He is a hardcore competitor, but not stupid.

LSU needs to hope for Tebow to play. The backup, while inexperienced in college, is supposed to be a wickedly good passer. As hard as it is to prepare for Tebow & Co., how to you prepare for someone you haven't seen and still be ready for their running backs and that crushing defense.

Topspin
10-01-2009, 07:34 AM
I doubt Tebow will play is there is any question about his health. He is a hardcore competitor, but not stupid.

LSU needs to hope for Tebow to play. The backup, while inexperienced in college, is supposed to be a wickedly good passer. As hard as it is to prepare for Tebow & Co., how to you prepare for someone you haven't seen and still be ready for their running backs and that crushing defense.

Wait for it, I think Fla could beat us with their backup. That said, I'd rather not play the best college FB player in the history of the game.

WinterBorn
10-01-2009, 07:55 AM
Wait for it, I think Fla could beat us with their backup. That said, I'd rather not play the best college FB player in the history of the game.

I agree, when Tebow is on his game he is the best that has ever played.

Topspin
10-01-2009, 07:59 AM
He runs like a great fullback with a 1,000 lb chip on his shoulder.
He passes accurately for a college QB.
He fights harder than anyone I've ever watched.
The post 3 picks halftime speach is a coaches dream.
He refuses to not be followed, that's a leader.
He's Fla's Ray Louis playing QB

belme1201
10-01-2009, 08:55 AM
He runs like a great fullback with a 1,000 lb chip on his shoulder.
He passes accurately for a college QB.
He fights harder than anyone I've ever watched.
The post 3 picks halftime speach is a coaches dream.
He refuses to not be followed, that's a leader.
He's Fla's Ray Louis playing QB

Even if he doesn't play, on the sidelines he's an asset that no other college team I can think of, has.
That said, Tebow and the rest of the team are human, and as long as LSU can put players on the field they have a chance, and being a good team with pride, their chances are a lot better than nil.

Topspin
10-01-2009, 08:59 AM
2 National Championships in the last couple years, the hat, top recruiting classes in the last few means we have a real good shot. It's just not better than maybe 40%, 45%.

Mott the Hoople
10-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Wow! Already, if it were my son, I would have to be making a fuss!
I had a moderate concusion once. It took a month before I was over it.

Mott the Hoople
10-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Read on ESPN.com today I guess Florida and a lot of other schools made the players take some type of test before the season and then make them take it after a concussion to be able to judge if they've gotten all their facilities back (something along those lines). I was glad to read it that they're looking out for the players like that.Is it the same baseline testing the NFL uses?

Mott the Hoople
10-01-2009, 10:42 AM
I can't comment to much,
A serious concusion can take up to a year to heal. You think a college coach would put a star like Tebow on the bench for a year with the pressures they are under?

Mott the Hoople
10-01-2009, 10:46 AM
A player for Bama got shot earlier this year and played the same week. No one was concerned about him.That's not entirely true. The issue here though is brain injuries and how they can have long term consequences for ones health. The Bama player who was shot had, by and large, superficial injuries. He did not have a brain injury other then he had to have had a brain injury to play for Alabama. :pke:

Mott the Hoople
10-01-2009, 10:50 AM
The LSU game isn't worth Tebow's future to anyone.
Meyer loves the kid like a son.(With good reason) There's no way he would let Tebow play if there's any doubt about his physical condition, nor would Gator fans or his parents permit it. Tebow is a legend in this area, he is everything you see on and off the field, a coaches dream and a model for all his teammates to look up to. For that reason, even if he doesn't play, you will see a 200% effort from the rest of the team until he returns. Everbody hopes he can play, but nobody wants him to play if there is the slightest danger.I wish I shared your confidence and I pray to hell that you are right. My father is a physician and was team doctor for the local HS team for quite a few years and became very skeptical about coaches and injuries. Most are under tremendous pressures, are excellent salesman and will pressure and convince athletes (and parents) to return to playing before they should. Nothing against Meyer, but he shouldn't even be in the decision process. It should be purely between Tebow and his (not the Universities) physician(s).

Mott the Hoople
10-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Dude, Archie Griffen graduated in 1975.

Mott the Hoople
10-01-2009, 11:04 AM
I agree, when Tebow is on his game he is the best that has ever played.
MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy talk about hyperbole.

He's not even the best SEC QB to ever play. Namath, Peyton Manning and Stabler were all better then Tebow. I'm not old enough to remember Bart Starr when he played college ball but he didn't exactly suck either.

I'd argue Namath was the best QB ever from the SEC. Not only could Namath pick you apart but he had probably the best long ball accuracy I've ever seen in a college qb (or pro till his knee injuries). Namath could hit a dime, on the move at 60 yards with a frozen rope. Tebow is a stud and one hell of a physical speciman but a great passer he is not. He's got a long ways to go to get his passing game up to NFL standards.

I'd argue the best college QB ever was Roger Staubach. He could run better than Tebow and he could throw better than Tebow and he could lead a team better than Tebow.

Topspin
10-01-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm not in the camp of Tebow's coach is a saint.
I think He'd put his mother out their after a concussion if he could beat a quality SEC opponent.
Mott, your a bengals fan.
Child please

Mott the Hoople
10-01-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm not in the camp of Tebow's coach is a saint.
I think He'd put his mother out their after a concussion if he could beat a quality SEC opponent.
Mott, your a bengals fan.
Child please
So I'm not a professional football fan, what's that got to do with anything? ;)

Mott the Hoople
10-01-2009, 11:09 AM
So I'm not a professional football fan, what's that got to do with anything? ;)
my other retort was "Hey! I'm old enough to remember the Bengals when they were actually good!".....ok....so that was 20 years ago...give me a break! LOL

Topspin
10-01-2009, 11:22 AM
they are good this year you band wagoner.
Chad Johnson's say child please means "fu"

Mott the Hoople
10-01-2009, 01:01 PM
they are good this year you band wagoner.
Chad Johnson's say child please means "fu"ehh, it's a long season and I've been dissapointed to many times now to get overly excited. I'm taking it one game at a time....but beating Pittsburgh sure was sweet.

Topspin
10-01-2009, 01:24 PM
dude that D is for real,
sacked green bay's poser like 5 or 6 times

Jeff
10-01-2009, 01:29 PM
A player for Bama got shot earlier this year and played the same week. No one was concerned about him.

2 weeks may be more than enough time to recover from a concussion, I have personally seen guys get them and play in the next game, guess it is all how serious it is, but lets be for real, the same reason no one cares about the Bama player is the reason for concern about Tebow, they are afraid Tebow will destroy LSU

NEWS FLASH

Even without Tebow LSU will get there heads handed to them by Florida

belme1201
10-01-2009, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=Topspin;529532]2 National Championships in the last couple years, the hat, top recruiting classes in the last few means we have a real good shot. It's just not better than maybe 40%, 45%.[/QUOTE

40-45 is pretty good odds v Florida, Tebow or not. It will be the game to watch on that weekend, maybe the one that breaks the UM regular season most watched record. In the meantime, this weekend it's the "U"(Ray Lewis' alma mater), an underdog, vs Oklahoma as the game to watch, at least for me.

Topspin
10-01-2009, 01:44 PM
2 weeks may be more than enough time to recover from a concussion, I have personally seen guys get them and play in the next game, guess it is all how serious it is, but lets be for real, the same reason no one cares about the Bama player is the reason for concern about Tebow, they are afraid Tebow will destroy LSU

NEWS FLASH

Even without Tebow LSU will get there heads handed to them by Florida

LSU is 1-1 vs Tebow

Topspin
10-01-2009, 01:48 PM
2 National Championships in the last couple years, the hat, top recruiting classes in the last few means we have a real good shot. It's just not better than maybe 40%, 45%.

40-45 is pretty good odds v Florida, Tebow or not. It will be the game to watch on that weekend, maybe the one that breaks the UM regular season most watched record. In the meantime, this weekend it's the "U"(Ray Lewis' alma mater), an underdog, vs Oklahoma as the game to watch, at least for me.

Huge test for the canes, if I'm not mistaken Ok rolled em up last time they played. Miami didn't deserve what LSU did to them in ATL, it's taken em a while to recover.:clink:

belme1201
10-01-2009, 02:00 PM
I wish I shared your confidence and I pray to hell that you are right. My father is a physician and was team doctor for the local HS team for quite a few years and became very skeptical about coaches and injuries. Most are under tremendous pressures, are excellent salesman and will pressure and convince athletes (and parents) to return to playing before they should. Nothing against Meyer, but he shouldn't even be in the decision process. It should be purely between Tebow and his (not the Universities) physician(s).

The biggest fight about Tebow playing will be from the kid himself. His parents and Meyer are also very close. He won't play if there's any question about his safety. The word here is that the team is on an emotional high to play even if he's out of the game. On the sidelines, he will still be a force.

WinterBorn
10-01-2009, 02:03 PM
The biggest fight about Tebow playing will be from the kid himself. His parents and Meyer are also very close. He won't play if there's any question about his safety. The word here is that the team is on an emotional high to play even if he's out of the game. On the sidelines, he will still be a force.

But Tebow is a trooper. If the coach says sit, he will sit.

Yeah, Tebow may not be the best ever. You slapped me with your choices of the greatest. 3 out of 4 of those were Bama boys.

Topspin
10-01-2009, 02:09 PM
If he wins the Hiesman and the NC this year it won't even be debatable.
I don't think the gators would have won without his contribution as a freshman. What with the fake draw and jump passes, FB looking draws.
I love the kid.

belme1201
10-01-2009, 02:15 PM
[quote=belme1201;529713]

Huge test for the canes, if I'm not mistaken Ok rolled em up last time they played. Miami didn't deserve what LSU did to them in ATL, it's taken em a while to recover.:clink:

Almost everybody who was anybody "rolled em up" the last time they played. Hopefully this year will mark a turnaround back to the championship years. It seems that Shannon has revived the quality recruiting that began with Schnellenburger who's now back in Fla with another startup program and recruiting in the "State of Miami".

WinterBorn
10-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Almost everybody who was anybody "rolled em up" the last time they played. Hopefully this year will mark a turnaround back to the championship years. It seems that Shannon has revived the quality recruiting that began with Schnellenburger who's now back in Fla with another startup program and recruiting in the "State of Miami".

Its been a while, but the last time Bama played them we mopped the field up with them.

And that was back when they were a perenial powerhouse.

Mott the Hoople
10-01-2009, 02:27 PM
dude that D is for real,
sacked green bay's poser like 5 or 6 times
Not only that our middle linebacker has a good show on the travel channel.

Mott the Hoople
10-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Its been a while, but the last time Bama played them we mopped the field up with them.

And that was back when they were a perenial powerhouse.Miami has never been the same since Ohio State beat them in 2002 Championship game.

WinterBorn
10-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Miami has never been the same since Ohio State beat them in 2002 Championship game.

I had to go back to January of '93 for the last time we played them.

belme1201
10-01-2009, 02:53 PM
But Tebow is a trooper. If the coach says sit, he will sit.

Yeah, Tebow may not be the best ever. You slapped me with your choices of the greatest. 3 out of 4 of those were Bama boys.

Tebow will sit if his mother decides he shouldn't play no matter what he or anybody else wants.
I didn't say Tebow was the best or the worst ever or select 3 out of four Alabamans as the greatest. It must have been someone else.
I never saw Namath, Favre, or Unitas in college. I did see Montana, Elway, Young, and a couple of others who were plenty good, however, but not having seen all of them, I can't say who was the greatest.
I would say, however, that as a leader on the field or sidelines, there have been none that I have seen who compare to Tebow.
I'm recalling an argument that I once had on another board because I stated an opinion that Roethlisberger was the best Sophomore QB I had seen and caught hell for having that opinion from some guy I believe called "Happy Rupublican". I rarely , if ever, use the words best or worst or never and always, particularly in sports.

Damocles
10-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Fixed the quote boxes..

Buffalo Soldier
10-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Buckeyes needed a fantom interference call to beat the canes. They were back in the top ten in 06 when LSU sent them to Obsurity. My step son had a long fake punt run and a long FG.

Mott the Hoople
10-02-2009, 05:19 AM
Buckeyes needed a fantom interference call to beat the canes. They were back in the top ten in 06 when LSU sent them to Obsurity. My step son had a long fake punt run and a long FG.Yea right. Miami's CB gang raped OSU's recievers all night long. They committed pass interference on nearly every passing play and the refs didn't call it.....until it counted......and they had to then because the cameras caught the CB riding the reciever like Secretariat.

Jeff
10-02-2009, 01:48 PM
LSU is 1-1 vs Tebow

Ok and they will be 1-2 now matter who Qb's for Florida, Fl is just a much stronger team this year, they are on a mission to win another championship, and just may do it

belme1201
10-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Yea right. Miami's CB gang raped OSU's recievers all night long. They committed pass interference on nearly every passing play and the refs didn't call it.....until it counted......and they had to then because the cameras caught the CB riding the reciever like Secretariat.

You must have been watching a different game, the film doesn't match what you saw.