PDA

View Full Version : APP - does the u s of a have a moral authority

Don Quixote
09-23-2009, 08:11 AM
i heard this question on the news today

seems that CNN asked this question of a random group of people and the answer was NO

what is the morality of our nation

i think too many are of the opinion of get what you can while you can is our goal

we have become a nation of narcissists that think of themselves first with the attitude of what is in it for me

still in all fairness, there are those that still contribute to charity and have empathy for others, just not enough,,,

Lowaicue
09-23-2009, 08:22 AM

seems that CNN asked this question of a random group of people and the answer was NO

i think too many are of the opinion of get what you can while you can is our goal

we have become a nation of narcissists that think of themselves first with the attitude of what is in it for me

still in all fairness, there are those that still contribute to charity and have empathy for others, just not enough,,,

Moral authority is just one of several things we admired that you have let slip through your fingers.

uscitizen
09-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Yes we have moral authority. It has just changed to a profit driven set of morals.

PostmodernProphet
09-23-2009, 06:05 PM
do we have a moral obligation?.....

Hermes Thoth
09-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Obama said we have a moral responsibility to lead the world in climate change totalitarianism.

PostmodernProphet
09-23-2009, 06:30 PM
can you have a moral responsibility without having moral authority?....

Don Quixote
09-23-2009, 06:32 PM
can you have a moral responsibility without having moral authority?....

yes, but it is difficult, it becomes more of an individual thing

uscitizen
09-23-2009, 07:37 PM

Yes, most true Christians are that way.

DamnYankee
09-23-2009, 07:56 PM
We used to have moral authority, but not any more. Just as well: tell the UN to get the fuck out of New York, and let's stop supporting all those third world countries.

PostmodernProphet
09-23-2009, 08:03 PM

confusing....let's clarify terms

if you should do it, it is right to do it....
if you have the moral responsibility, you have the moral authority.....

correct?

Lowaicue
09-23-2009, 08:16 PM
We used to have moral authority, but not any more. Just as well: tell the UN to get the fuck out of New York, and let's stop supporting all those third world countries.

I think you'll find that some of those 'third world' countries are, in fact supporting you.You want to pay your international debts this week .. or next?

DamnYankee
09-23-2009, 08:20 PM
I think you'll find that some of those 'third world' countries are, in fact supporting you.You want to pay your international debts this week .. or next?We'll let the folks who voted for that debt pay for it: Liberals.

Lowaicue
09-23-2009, 08:31 PM
We'll let the folks who voted for that debt pay for it: Liberals.

You would be included. I'm sure that not everything you purchase or use originates in the USA.
You'd better get on your knees and pray that China doesnt call in her debts.

Cancel5
09-23-2009, 10:40 PM
We'll let the folks who voted for that debt pay for it: Liberals.
Fine, your ass can pay for the military that is not necessary and the wars! 51%, right of the American budget, I will gladly pay for healthcare!

uscitizen
09-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Fine, your ass can pay for the military that is not necessary and the wars! 51%, right of the American budget, I will gladly pay for healthcare!

We are much more efficient dollarwise per person at healing people than killling them.
Sounds like a bood business case to me for putting more money into health care and less into the military machine.

Hermes Thoth
09-24-2009, 05:21 AM
You would be included. I'm sure that not everything you purchase or use originates in the USA.
You'd better get on your knees and pray that China doesnt call in her debts.

Look, ma, Fearmongering!

Lowaicue = BUSH

Lowaicue
09-24-2009, 05:33 AM
Look, ma, Fearmongering!

Lowaicue = BUSH

You really dont get it, do you? All this time I thought you were just ACTING stupid.

Hermes Thoth
09-24-2009, 05:37 AM
You really dont get it, do you? All this time I thought you were just ACTING stupid.

China big and scary! I hope they don't get mad at us. LOL.

Lowaicue
09-24-2009, 07:03 AM
China big and scary! I hope they don't get mad at us. LOL.

China's premier expressed concern Friday about its massive holdings of Treasuries and other U.S. debt, appealing to Washington to safeguard their value, and said Beijing is ready to expand its stimulus if the economy worsens.

Premier Wen Jiabao noted that Beijing is the biggest foreign creditor to the United States and called on Washington to see that its response to the global slowdown does not damage the value of Chinese holdings.

"We have made a huge amount of loans to the United States. Of course we are concerned about the safety of our assets. To be honest, I'm a little bit worried," Wen said at a news conference following the closing of China's annual legislative session. "I would like to call on the United States to honor its words, stay a credible nation and ensure the safety of Chinese assets."

Wen's comments foreshadowed possible appeals to President Barack Obama, who will meet with Chinese President Hu Jintao at a London summit of leaders of the G-20 group of major economies on April 2 to discuss the global financial crisis.

Analysts estimate that nearly half of China's $2 trillion in currency reserves are in U.S. Treasuries and notes issued by other government-affiliated agencies.

Washington is counting on China to continue buying Treasuries to fund its $787 billion stimulus package. Last month, visiting Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton sought to reassure Beijing that government debt would remain a reliable investment.

"They are worried about forever-rising deficits, which may devalue Treasuries by pushing interest rates higher," said JP Morgan economist Frank Gong. "Inside China there has been a lot of debate about whether they should continue to buy Treasuries."

The comments come as finance ministers and central bankers of the G-20 gather in London this weekend to discuss the crisis and possible remedies.

U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner is pressing for a new coordinated stimulus but European governments are reluctant to take on more debt before they see how current plans are working. The Europeans want to emphasize the need for greater regulation of markets, including a crackdown on tax havens and increased control over hedge funds.

In Beijing, Wen expressed confidence China can emerge from its slump "at an early date," and said the government is ready to expand its 4 trillion yuan ($586 billion) stimulus to boost growth in the world's third-largest economy.

Hermes Thoth
09-24-2009, 07:05 AM
China's premier expressed concern Friday about its massive holdings of Treasuries and other U.S. debt, appealing to Washington to safeguard their value, and said Beijing is ready to expand its stimulus if the economy worsens.

Premier Wen Jiabao noted that Beijing is the biggest foreign creditor to the United States and called on Washington to see that its response to the global slowdown does not damage the value of Chinese holdings.

"We have made a huge amount of loans to the United States. Of course we are concerned about the safety of our assets. To be honest, I'm a little bit worried," Wen said at a news conference following the closing of China's annual legislative session. "I would like to call on the United States to honor its words, stay a credible nation and ensure the safety of Chinese assets."

Wen's comments foreshadowed possible appeals to President Barack Obama, who will meet with Chinese President Hu Jintao at a London summit of leaders of the G-20 group of major economies on April 2 to discuss the global financial crisis.

Analysts estimate that nearly half of China's $2 trillion in currency reserves are in U.S. Treasuries and notes issued by other government-affiliated agencies.

Washington is counting on China to continue buying Treasuries to fund its $787 billion stimulus package. Last month, visiting Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton sought to reassure Beijing that government debt would remain a reliable investment.

"They are worried about forever-rising deficits, which may devalue Treasuries by pushing interest rates higher," said JP Morgan economist Frank Gong. "Inside China there has been a lot of debate about whether they should continue to buy Treasuries."

The comments come as finance ministers and central bankers of the G-20 gather in London this weekend to discuss the crisis and possible remedies.

U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner is pressing for a new coordinated stimulus but European governments are reluctant to take on more debt before they see how current plans are working. The Europeans want to emphasize the need for greater regulation of markets, including a crackdown on tax havens and increased control over hedge funds.

In Beijing, Wen expressed confidence China can emerge from its slump "at an early date," and said the government is ready to expand its 4 trillion yuan ($586 billion) stimulus to boost growth in the world's third-largest economy.

Big and scary! LOL. Grow up, loser. China's all hot air.

Lowaicue
09-24-2009, 07:11 AM
Big and scary! LOL. Grow up, loser. China's all hot air.

Yup. You really are one of the most stupid americans. EVEN for here. I can't think of another poster who is stupid enough to agree with you. (of course the gang of 3 might now be tempted but I've seen more dirt on new shoes than they have brains in their malfunctioning heads).
So I'll happily be labelled a loser by you. After all you are incapable of backing up any of the 'smart arse' comments you make.

Big and scary! (3 words) LOL. (3 letters) Grow up, loser.(3 words) China's all hot air (4 words). Are you sure you are not still in kindergarten?

Hermes Thoth
09-24-2009, 07:24 AM
Yup. You really are one of the most stupid americans. EVEN for here. I can't think of another poster who is stupid enough to agree with you. (of course the gang of 3 might now be tempted but I've seen more dirt on new shoes than they have brains in their malfunctioning heads).
So I'll happily be labelled a loser by you. After all you are incapable of backing up any of the 'smart arse' comments you make.

Big and scary! (3 words) LOL. (3 letters) Grow up, loser.(3 words) China's all hot air (4 words). Are you sure you are not still in kindergarten?

China = scary!

Lowaicue
09-24-2009, 07:36 AM
China = scary!

Perhaps you should save your pennies or get a job delivering MacDonalds and pay China a visit.
No, of course you would never do that. It would shake your prejudices to their very core. A half brain republican leaving the safety of big brother? Nah. Wont happen.

Hermes Thoth
09-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Perhaps you should save your pennies or get a job delivering MacDonalds and pay China a visit.
No, of course you would never do that. It would shake your prejudices to their very core. A half brain republican leaving the safety of big brother? Nah. Wont happen.

I hate republicans. Are you stuck on stupid? Good Job, brownie.

Minister of Truth
09-24-2009, 09:02 AM
No, we don't have a moral authority, and I find pretending to have a moral responsibility to be quite expensive, so I have no problem with shirking it a little...

Lowaicue
09-24-2009, 09:03 AM
I hate republicans. Are you stuck on stupid? Good Job, brownie.

You are making a good job of pretending differently. Certainly not much humanity about you and even less knowledge of the world, politics, trade, etc etc.
Maybe you'd be happier as a republican. By the way, and I am sure this will thrill you, your avitar is quite objectionable. Not because it is Obama but because it portrays a childish and ridiculous film. But being a yank, I guess causing offence is mother's milk to you.

Hermes Thoth
09-24-2009, 09:10 AM
You are making a good job of pretending differently.

How so?

Certainly not much humanity about you and even less knowledge of the world, politics, trade, etc etc.

Fascist indoctrination is not "knowledge".

Maybe you'd be happier as a republican. By the way, and I am sure this will thrill you, your avitar is quite objectionable. Not because it is Obama but because it portrays a childish and ridiculous film. But being a yank, I guess causing offence is mother's milk to you.

Your mother's fetid excretions?

Lowaicue
09-24-2009, 09:13 AM
How so?

Fascist indoctrination is not "knowledge".

Your mother's fetid excretions?

you wouldn't know a fascist if his jackboot was on your face

Hermes Thoth
09-24-2009, 09:14 AM
you wouldn't know a fascist if his jackboot was on your face

I do know them. They're called republicans and democrats.

Lowaicue
09-24-2009, 09:20 AM
I do know them. They're called republicans and democrats.

Enough. You get more ridiculous with every post. I'm going to bed.

Hermes Thoth
09-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Enough. You get more ridiculous with every post. I'm going to bed.

That's right. Our legislators are faithful servants of the citizenry! LOL. Maybe after some much needed rest your won't be so retarded.

Canceled1
09-24-2009, 11:57 AM
That's right. Our legislators are faithful servants of the citizenry! LOL. Maybe after some much needed rest your won't be so retarded.

It's a pity a man of his intelligence wastes so much time on the individuals he claims are a waste.

Perhaps when they retrofitted his heart, they missed and nicked his brain?

Socrtease
09-24-2009, 12:49 PM
We used to have moral authority, but not any more. Just as well: tell the UN to get the fuck out of New York, and let's stop supporting all those third world countries.That is fine as long as we also stay out of there business when they chose a form of government we don't like. So long as they don't threaten us then quit supporting them and quit interfering in their affairs.

Cancel5
09-24-2009, 01:33 PM

Our job is to be a Democratic Republic. True to our Constitution. We should live according to the laws of our nation. We have an obligation to act Constitutional to others and follow the international laws that we have agreed to follow.

We should not be world police, but act with others to aide nations that ask for our help. There are always exceptions, but this is generally what I believe.

Trade with other nations should be done with the welfare of all Americans in mind and not just corporate America.

We should not go into war alone, unless we are attacked on our own soil or our neighbors are attacked and we feel our safety is threatened.

I have always believed that you can not be a moral beacon unless you have your own house in order. This is the reason I have never set myself up as an example to anyone.
I have flaws in abundance and am trying to improve everyday of my life. I would never presume to tell someone else how to conduct their affairs, unless they come and ask advice and even then, I always give it with cautions that in life there are so many things that change a course of action, so you basically have to be informed, and then go with your gut! What works for me isn't necessarily going to work for them.

I like live and let live.

Cancel5
09-24-2009, 01:36 PM
We disagree on the UN, but I agree about closing some of those overseas bases. I think if corporations are going to go international that they should pay for their own protection!

DamnYankee
09-24-2009, 02:47 PM
That is fine as long as we also stay out of there business when they chose a form of government we don't like. So long as they don't threaten us then quit supporting them and quit interfering in their affairs. As long as they don't mess around with our allies or our affairs who frickin' cares what they do?

DamnYankee
09-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Fine, your ass can pay for the military that is not necessary and the wars! 51%, right of the American budget, I will gladly pay for healthcare! Move to another country whose Constitution says pay for health care and not the military. Our says the opposite, sorry.

DamnYankee
09-24-2009, 02:51 PM
You'd better get on your knees and pray that China doesnt call in her debts.Liberals voted for all those programs that caused the debt, not conservatives. Let liberals pay for them.

Cancel5
09-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Liberals voted for all those programs that caused the debt, not conservatives. Let liberals pay for them.
You pay for the military, okay!

DamnYankee
09-24-2009, 03:38 PM
You pay for the military, okay!No problem. Let the liberals pay for anything that the feds do that isn't enumerated in the Constitution.

PostmodernProphet
09-24-2009, 06:08 PM
No problem. Let the liberals pay for anything that the feds do that isn't enumerated in the Constitution.

I thought liberals didn't pay taxes unless they got nominated for cabinet positions.....

Don Quixote
09-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Our job is to be a Democratic Republic. True to our Constitution. We should live according to the laws of our nation. We have an obligation to act Constitutional to others and follow the international laws that we have agreed to follow.

We should not be world police, but act with others to aide nations that ask for our help. There are always exceptions, but this is generally what I believe.

like genocide?

Trade with other nations should be done with the welfare of all Americans in mind and not just corporate America.

We should not go into war alone, unless we are attacked on our own soil or our neighbors are attacked and we feel our safety is threatened.

afghanistan neighbors pakistan and pakistan has nuclear weapons that we need to keep out of the hands of terrorists...qed restore order to afghanistan and keep al qaeda out of afghanistan and pakistan

I have always believed that you can not be a moral beacon unless you have your own house in order. This is the reason I have never set myself up as an example to anyone.

I have flaws in abundance and am trying to improve everyday of my life. I would never presume to tell someone else how to conduct their affairs, unless they come and ask advice and even then, I always give it with cautions that in life there are so many things that change a course of action, so you basically have to be informed, and then go with your gut! What works for me isn't necessarily going to work for them.

I like live and let live. as long they do not bother me i will leave them alone, otherwise killing them is self defense

my motto is do unto others before they can do unto me

my morality is not to do unto others without their permission or unless i need to...

hi big D

Hermes Thoth
09-24-2009, 06:55 PM
my motto is do unto others before they can do unto me

my morality is not to do unto others without their permission or unless i need to...

Hey dq, remember when you said genocide against palestinians was just "evolution in action"?

Don Quixote
09-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Liberals voted for all those programs that caused the debt, not conservatives. Let liberals pay for them.

as i recall, bush proposed and signed the bank bailouts not to mention the trillions spent on iraq

Don Quixote
09-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Hey dq, remember when you said genocide against palestinians was just "evolution in action"?

3000 out of several million does not rise to the level of genocide

however, if you want to move to palestine to fight genocide, feel free...:p

Hermes Thoth
09-24-2009, 07:03 PM
3000 out of several million does not rise to the level of genocide

however, if you want to move to palestine to fight genocide, feel free...:p

Don't try to excuse mass murder with your arbitrary designations and word games.

Don Quixote
09-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Don't try to excuse mass murder with your arbitrary designations and word games.

if you mean war, in that case we have committed genocide in both afghanistan and iraq, not to mention vietnam, korea, wwii and wwi just to mention a few, actually more than 3000 in all of the above

please remember than palestine periodically fires rockets into isreal...what would the u s of a population demand if another nation did such to us

DamnYankee
09-24-2009, 08:00 PM
as i recall, bush proposed and signed the bank bailouts not to mention the trillions spent on iraq Bush was no fiscal conservative.

Don Quixote
09-24-2009, 08:04 PM

i did not call it genocide...in fact i think that i said that it did not rise to the level of genocide

"While precise definition varies among genocide scholars, a legal definition is found in the 1948 United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (CPPCG). Article 2 of this convention defines genocide as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_%28classification_of_human_beings%29) or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

THE 'IN PART' or MEMBERS verbage may mean anything from one to all as neither 'in part' nor 'members' is not quantified...hence any nation that boycotts or even casts aspersions on another may be deemed to have committed genocide

Don Quixote
09-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Bush was no fiscal conservative.

then why did not the tea baggers protest against him...after all he had czars and increased government bureaucracy

DamnYankee
09-24-2009, 08:13 PM
then why did not the tea baggers protest against him...after all he had czars and increased government bureaucracy TEA = Taxed Enough Already. Duh.

Don Quixote
09-24-2009, 08:31 PM
TEA = Taxed Enough Already. Duh.

ok tea, but why did you not answer my question, is it because i left off the "?"...duh...:p

uscitizen
09-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Don obvious ly they do nt have any problem with the drunken sailor spending, they just do not want to pay for it.

Don Quixote
09-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Don obvious ly they do nt have any problem with the drunken sailor spending, they just do not want to pay for it.
:clink:

Hermes Thoth
09-25-2009, 04:58 AM
if you mean war, in that case we have committed genocide in both afghanistan and iraq, not to mention vietnam, korea, wwii and wwi just to mention a few, actually more than 3000 in all of the above

please remember than palestine periodically fires rockets into isreal...what would the u s of a population demand if another nation did such to us

Probably the same thing we would have done if a radical religious group claimed manhattan because "god gave it to them". Shrug.

DamnYankee
09-25-2009, 06:35 AM
ok tea, but why did you not answer my question, is it because i left off the "?"...duh...:p
Because he cut taxes. T. E. A. = Taxed Enough Already. Duh.

Don Quixote
09-25-2009, 06:41 AM
Because he cut taxes. T. E. A. = Taxed Enough Already. Duh.

a faux tax cut since he raised taxes for people by spending trillions that will have to be repaid by taxes, duh...:pke:

Don Quixote
09-25-2009, 07:02 AM
Probably the same thing we would have done if a radical religious group claimed manhattan because "god gave it to them". Shrug.

god did not give it to them, the western powers that won wwii did

the area occupied by the israelis due to a war that the arabs started, by western tradition, can be kept

DamnYankee
09-25-2009, 07:09 AM
a faux tax cut since he raised taxes for people by spending trillions that will have to be repaid by taxes, duh...:pke: All bills for raising revenues originate in the House, which was controlled by Democrats for Bush's last four years, duh. :pke:

Don Quixote
09-25-2009, 07:51 AM
All bills for raising revenues originate in the House, which was controlled by Democrats for Bush's last four years, duh. :pke:

and bush did not sign them or propose them?

DamnYankee
09-25-2009, 08:15 AM
and bush did not sign them or propose them? Bush should have vetoed them, but he's a Republican, not a fiscal Conservative. He believed that he could appease Democrats with no impact on the economy, and that the rate of economic growth would continue to increase revenues and pay off the debt. What he failed to understand is the cyclical nature of the economy and the political climate. Now that the Democrats have control and have spent wildly there is no chance of having the economy pay off the debt.

Lowaicue
09-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Bush should have vetoed them, but he's a Republican, not a fiscal Conservative. He believed that he could appease Democrats with no impact on the economy, and that the rate of economic growth would continue to increase revenues and pay off the debt. What he failed to understand is the cyclical nature of the economy and the political climate. Now that the Democrats have control and have spent wildly there is no chance of having the economy pay off the debt.

The economy is the people. The people got you into this difficulty so it's right that the people help get you out. So I guess you will just have to work harder, become more efficient, make things that other countries want and learn to sell them.
thats what everyone else is having to do.

DamnYankee
09-25-2009, 08:38 AM
The economy is the people. The people got you into this difficulty so it's right that the people help get you out. So I guess you will just have to work harder, become more efficient, make things that other countries want and learn to sell them.
thats what everyone else is having to do. Democrats don't want to make anything in the US. The unions make it nearly impossible for US companies to make a profit, and the politicians over regulate business activities and force them off shore.

Hermes Thoth
09-25-2009, 08:56 AM
What he failed to understand is the cyclical nature of the economy and the political climate..

What causes the cycles in the economy?

Don Quixote
09-25-2009, 09:00 AM
Bush should have vetoed them, but he's a Republican, not a fiscal Conservative. He believed that he could appease Democrats with no impact on the economy, and that the rate of economic growth would continue to increase revenues and pay off the debt. What he failed to understand is the cyclical nature of the economy and the political climate. Now that the Democrats have control and have spent wildly there is no chance of having the economy pay off the debt.

but where were the tea people when all of this was happening

also, what spending bills has bho signed

Lowaicue
09-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Democrats don't want to make anything in the US. The unions make it nearly impossible for US companies to make a profit, and the politicians over regulate business activities and force them off shore.

You didn't do very well under Bush, did you. Now, correct me if I am wrong, but Bush was not really a Democrat, was he?
Your unions certainly need overhauling but a company's employee insurance is the killer, isnt it?
Your car industry seems to be waking up at last. The motoring american's penchant for the ridiculous is taking a back seat. I hope, for your own sakes, your exporters learn the marketing skills you introduced to the rest of the world back in the 1940s and 50s but have now abandoned in favour of the me-me-now-now childishness that has come to epitomize the United States.

Don Quixote
09-25-2009, 09:14 AM
You didn't do very well under Bush, did you. Now, correct me if I am wrong, but Bush was not really a Democrat, was he?
Your unions certainly need overhauling but a company's employee insurance is the killer, isnt it?
Your car industry seems to be waking up at last. The motoring american's penchant for the ridiculous is taking a back seat. I hope, for your own sakes, your exporters learn the marketing skills you introduced to the rest of the world back in the 1940s and 50s but have now abandoned in favour of the me-me-now-now childishness that has come to epitomize the United States.

blame it on the baby boomers, they were spoiled as children and it is reflected in their attitudes as they got older...but did not grow up - at least most of them

hence our heavily driven consumer economy

Hermes Thoth
09-25-2009, 09:15 AM
blame it on the baby boomers, they were spoiled as children and it is reflected in their attitudes as they got older...but did not grow up - at least most of them

yes, but now the obama eugenicists are on duty. KILL OLD WHITEY!

Lowaicue
09-25-2009, 09:21 AM

Can you really blame it on one segment of society?

Hermes Thoth
09-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Can you really blame it on one segment of society?

I blame it on oligarchical collectivists seeking to create a dependant and deluded society, one they can trick, and enslave through globalization and white guilt.

These are the bankers, the legislators, the media guys, academia, they're all brainwashed to a) degrade their people and then b) blame them for it.

They don't represent the people or seek to better the people. They are haters of mankind.

Lowaicue
09-25-2009, 09:40 AM
I blame it on oligarchical collectivists seeking to create a dependant and deluded society, one they can trick, and enslave through globalization and white guilt.

These are the bankers, the legislators, the media guys, academia, they're all brainwashed to a) degrade their people and then b) blame them for it.

They don't represent the people or seek to better the people. They are haters of mankind.

That's basically what Mao said. Send them all for re-education. Wasn't aware you were a Maoist.

Hermes Thoth
09-25-2009, 09:41 AM
That's basically what Mao said. Send them all for re-education. Wasn't aware you were a Maoist.

I do not want that. I believe they can break free from their programming on their own. maybe they can remember love.

Lowaicue
09-25-2009, 09:44 AM
I do not want that. I believe they can break free from their programming on their own. maybe they can remember love.

Bankers are bigamists. Married to themselves and money. It is not for nothing that the word merchant banker is used as cockney rhyming slang.

Hermes Thoth
09-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Bankers are bigamists. Married to themselves and money. It is not for nothing that the word merchant banker is used as cockney rhyming slang.

Anyone can be guilted with enough persistence. Guilted into humanness works for me.

Lowaicue
09-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Anyone can be guilted with enough persistence. Guilted into humanness works for me.

The idea that good will prevail is horse shit. The theory of guilt is horse shit too. I know of no man, who lives for power and money, walk away from it or give it all away. Power and riches are held, in the main, by sociopaths and the dishonest. They all too often win and the rest of us turn to the fairies for comfort. And the fairies say that all men are basically good and that all men can be saved. So we sleep until it is time to reduce our lifespans and health so they can have more.
The fairies tell us that we have laws for protection but they dont tell us who made and who upholds those laws and they dont tell us that we will always lose.

Hermes Thoth
09-25-2009, 10:08 AM
The idea that good will prevail is horse shit. The theory of guilt is horse shit too. I know of no man, who lives for power and money, walk away from it or give it all away. Power and riches are held, in the main, by sociopaths and the dishonest. They all too often win and the rest of us turn to the fairies for comfort. And the fairies say that all men are basically good and that all men can be saved. So we sleep until it is time to reduce our lifespans and health so they can have more.
The fairies tell us that we have laws for protection but they dont tell us who made and who upholds those laws and they dont tell us that we will always lose.

We're going to win this time. Why do you hate faeries? Are you homophobic?

Try to work on your attitude problem.

Good does win, because it's a ultimately a stronger form of society. It's just seems dark now, but it's always darkest before the dawn*.

*dawn does not refer to NEW AGE LUCIFERIAN DAWN.

Lowaicue
09-25-2009, 10:19 AM
We're going to win this time. Why do you hate faeries? Are you homophobic?

Try to work on your attitude problem.

Good does win, because it's a ultimately a stronger form of society. It's just seems dark now, but it's always darkest before the dawn*.

*dawn does not refer to NEW AGE LUCIFERIAN DAWN.

'Good wins' is the big myth invented to keep everyone happy. That's how Christianity works. The myth is not all bad, of course. It tends to discourage ordinary people from killing each other which can be rather uncomfortable at times. But the sociopaths and priests who promote this stuff, continue on their chosen path of exploitation and mass murder. From the Borgias to the Bushes and everything in between.
One reason that so few can be the killers and so many the killed is that most people are sane. The sociopaths number few but own most and possess unique behavioural qualities. Bush, for example, would never be able to accept the 'guilt' of which you talk for his eight years of playing with the lives of millions and increasing his hoard by huge amounts along the way.

Hermes Thoth
09-25-2009, 10:27 AM
'Good wins' is the big myth invented to keep everyone happy. That's how Christianity works. The myth is not all bad, of course. It tends to discourage ordinary people from killing each other which can be rather uncomfortable at times. But the sociopaths and priests who promote this stuff, continue on their chosen path of exploitation and mass murder. From the Borgias to the Bushes and everything in between.
One reason that so few can be the killers and so many the killed is that most people are sane. The sociopaths number few but own most and possess unique behavioural qualities. Bush, for example, would never be able to accept the 'guilt' of which you talk for his eight years of playing with the lives of millions and increasing his hoard by huge amounts along the way.

But hope is the only thing which stands in their way.... so.

Good will win. We will see to that.

Hermes Thoth
09-25-2009, 10:29 AM
When they create the last great trauma to justify martial law. The local authorities will not carry it out when they see what they're being told to do.

DamnYankee
09-25-2009, 10:44 AM
What causes the cycles in the economy?Human nature, changing technology and changes in government tax and regulatory policy.

DamnYankee
09-25-2009, 10:46 AM
but where were the tea people when all of this was happening

also, what spending bills has bho signed

Again. TEA = Taxed Enough Already. Obama's the one increasing taxes during a slowing economic cycle.

Ever hear of Google? Do your own research.

DamnYankee
09-25-2009, 10:47 AM
Your car industry seems to be waking up at last. The motoring american's penchant for the ridiculous is taking a back seat. I hope, for your own sakes, your exporters learn the marketing skills you introduced to the rest of the world back in the 1940s and 50s but have now abandoned in favour of the me-me-now-now childishness that has come to epitomize the United States. Oh here we go with the socialist heath care argument again. Jeez Louise. :rolleyes:

Hermes Thoth
09-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Human nature, changing technology and changes in government tax and regulatory policy.

Wrong.

it's the selective creation and destruction of asset bubbles through monetary and regulator manipulation. And since these are all controlled events, there is an elite class of insiders who always happen to be getting into and out of the right sectors at the right time.

This version of capitalism we're now is a fascist totalitarian creation.

DamnYankee
09-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Wrong.

it's the selective creation and destruction of asset bubbles through monetary and regulator manipulation. And since these are all controlled events, there is an elite class of insiders who always happen to be getting into and out of the right sectors at the right time.

This version of capitalism we're now is a fascist totalitarian creation.LOL Are we in the Conspiracy Theory section of the board again?

Hermes Thoth
09-25-2009, 11:02 AM
LOL Are we in the Conspiracy Theory section of the board again?

nope. It's called reality. Learn it. Know it. Live it.