PDA

View Full Version : Clean and Jerk

DamnYankee
09-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Real men move their own stuff. Last weekend we hauled this from my valley home to my mountain cabin, built a crane and placed it onto the back deck. It weighs about 850# dry. Next weekend we'll hook it up.

http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t345/Southernmanpics/P1060479.jpg

Damocles
09-22-2009, 10:24 AM
LOL. From the side it looks like an outhouse.

uscitizen
09-22-2009, 10:37 AM
I thought the thread was about sanitary masturbation.

uscitizen
09-22-2009, 10:39 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IBYlXoYPWHs/Sq93CBgEsYI/AAAAAAAADpc/HmdbvPUfTPY/s320/two-story+outhouse.jpg

DamnYankee
09-22-2009, 10:51 AM
LOL. From the side it looks like an outhouse. LOL Yes it does. I was thinking of putting one of those porta-john urinals on the back corner of the deck. It would save us from having to go back into the house while smoking cigars and drinking beer out there.

http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t345/Southernmanpics/P1060478.jpg

cancel2 2022
09-22-2009, 12:13 PM

Who cares?

WinterBorn
09-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Real men move their own stuff.

Real men don't waste time trying to prove they are real men.

I'd rather pay a laborer and spend the time on something more productive or with my family.

Its a matter of priorities.

DamnYankee
09-22-2009, 12:34 PM

I'd rather pay a laborer and spend the time on something more productive or with my family.

Its a matter of priorities. What could be more productive then teaching my son to be imaginative, self-sufficient and resourceful? He was so excited about the project that he invited a friend of his, who ended up to be a great help to us. They're both applying to engineering school at NC State.

Perhaps if you spent more time with your sons on project like this instead of sitting around eating donuts and watching others play football they wouldn't be so fat.

DamnYankee
09-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Zing!

WinterBorn
09-22-2009, 12:40 PM
What could be more productive then teaching my son to be imaginative, self-sufficient and resourceful? He was so excited about the project that he invited a friend of his, who ended up to be a great help to us. They're both applying to engineering school at NC State.

Perhaps if you spent more time with your sons on project like this instead of sitting around eating donuts and watching others play football they wouldn't be so fat.

Now that is not exactly what you said in the first post, is it?

If you had said "real men teach their kids" or something similar, you would have been closer to correct. And I wouldn't have disagreed.

But instead you went with the old "I want to be macho" standby. And failed totally.

Now you fall back on your normal personal insults and attacking someone's family routine. If insulting someone's family results in you claiming a "zing", your whining about people insulting your wife is another example of hypocricy.

DamnYankee
09-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Now that is not exactly what you said in the first post, is it?.... Dude, there is a picture of my son directly under the spa, holding the hoist chain.

I've seen the pictures of yours that you posted. I simply stated an unfortunate fact about them. This is not an attack, and certainly not comparable with what topspin or maineman have leveled against my family.

WinterBorn
09-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Dude, there is a picture of my son directly under the spa, holding the hoist chain.

I've seen the pictures of yours that you posted. I simply stated an unfortunate fact about them. This is not an attack, and certainly not comparable with what topspin or maineman have leveled against my family.

You had your son stand directly under the spa?

No, that was an attack. A sneaking sort of under-handed, cowardly attack. But I couldn't expect much different from you.

DamnYankee
09-22-2009, 12:57 PM
You had your son stand directly under the spa?

No, that was an attack. A sneaking sort of under-handed, cowardly attack. But I couldn't expect much different from you. Dude, he's not standing under the spa; he is pictured under the spa.

I'm sorry that you think making a statment of obvious fact is an insult. Should I use another term? Overweight, hefty, plus size? I'm sorry but I'm not into euphemisms.

WinterBorn
09-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Dude, he's not standing under the spa; he is pictured under the spa.

I'm sorry that you think making a statment of obvious fact is an insult. Should I use another term? Overweight, hefty, plus size? I'm sorry but I'm not into euphemisms.

"Perhaps if you spent more time with your sons on project like this instead of sitting around eating donuts and watching others play football they wouldn't be so fat" is an insult. Not only the calling of my son fat, but acting as if you know anything about how I raised my kids and what we do together.

Suddenly, the comments about your family seem more reasonable.

DamnYankee
09-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Again, I calls it likes I sees it. :)

WinterBorn
09-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Again, I calls it likes I sees it. :)

Apparently you call things you have never seen as well.

DamnYankee
09-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Prove me wrong. :)

WinterBorn
09-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Prove me wrong. :)

Have my son and I ever eaten doughnuts together? Have we ever done so while watching a football game?

DamnYankee
09-22-2009, 01:27 PM
I have no idea. I do know, however, that Solitary's two sons are quite, well, for lack of a better term, fat. :)

Mott the Hoople
09-22-2009, 01:34 PM
LOL Yes it does. I was thinking of putting one of those porta-john urinals on the back corner of the deck. It would save us from having to go back into the house while smoking cigars and drinking beer out there.

http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t345/Southernmanpics/P1060478.jpg
I'll have to drop by your place on my next trip to Charlotte making sure I hit JR's first.

DamnYankee
09-22-2009, 01:37 PM
I'll have to drop by your place on my next trip to Charlotte making sure I hit JR's first. Bring your wife. ;)

WinterBorn
09-22-2009, 01:38 PM
I have no idea.

I have proven my point.

Mott the Hoople
09-22-2009, 01:38 PM

Its a matter of priorities.Well you're no damned fun! LOL

It's guys like SM and the Kiwi that invented the jet powered beer cooler in his shed that make the world go round. Reminds me of the time me and a buddy, after a few beers, invented a difibrilator for cats. It worked great too....though testing it on live cats was pretty difficult. The cats just didn't want to cooperate and tended to freak when you zapped them.

Mott the Hoople
09-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Bring your wife. ;)But of course!

DamnYankee
09-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Well you're no damned fun! LOL

It's guys like SM and the Kiwi that invented the jet powered beer cooler in his shed that make the world go round. Reminds me of the time me and a buddy, after a few beers, invented a difibrilator for cats. It worked great too....though testing it on live cats was pretty difficult. The cats just didn't want to cooperate and tended to freak when you zapped them.

FsC0v6QrH44

Damocles
09-22-2009, 07:00 PM
FsC0v6QrH44
Better to roll up the window and avoid the chance of the bungees breaking.

Although I do understand why he'd want to do it himself...

Cancel 2018. 3
09-22-2009, 07:28 PM

dude....it looks like a hot tub....:pke:

i guess you colorads have blue as your inner outhouse decor.....

EDIT....SM's next post.....

Cancel 2018. 3
09-22-2009, 07:31 PM

Its a matter of priorities.

LMAO......so you're an elitist

DamnYankee
09-22-2009, 07:59 PM

Although I do understand why he'd want to do it himself... Dude- it was a joke skit. That spinner wrench would never stay on.

WinterBorn
09-23-2009, 03:36 AM
LMAO......so you're an elitist

I have certainly been called worse.

Mott the Hoople
09-23-2009, 04:36 AM
FsC0v6QrH44
I love Red Green. Proof that a Canadian, some beer, and duct tape are a dangerous combination.

I even memorized the man prayer.

"I'm a man and I can change, if I have to, I guess."

Mott the Hoople
09-23-2009, 04:38 AM

Although I do understand why he'd want to do it himself...Why would he do that? That's what duct tape is for.

Mott the Hoople
09-23-2009, 04:40 AM
FsC0v6QrH44HEY EVERYBODY! SOUTHERN MAN WATCHES LIBERAL
PBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude you're so busted! LOL

cancel2 2022
09-23-2009, 04:52 AM
Dude, he's not standing under the spa; he is pictured under the spa.

I thought that Southerners were noted for their manners but obviously none of that rubbed off on you. I guess if your wife asked if her bum looked big in a dress you would just tell her the truth and be damned.

DamnYankee
09-23-2009, 06:51 AM
I thought that Southerners were noted for their manners but obviously none of that rubbed off on you. I guess if your wife asked if her bum looked big in a dress you would just tell her the truth and be damned. The Southern Man considers it bad manners to be anything other than straightforward and honest. When asked that question by his lovely, slender wife he would indeed tell her the truth. :cof1:

DamnYankee
09-23-2009, 06:51 AM
HEY EVERYBODY! SOUTHERN MAN WATCHES LIBERAL
PBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude you're so busted! LOL
Yeah I'm a closet liberal. :rolleyes:

Damocles
09-23-2009, 07:16 AM
Dude- it was a joke skit. That spinner wrench would never stay on.
Yeah, I was all serious and stuff, good catch!

Mott the Hoople
09-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I was all serious and stuff, good catch!Well it's hard to tell with you Damo. You always keep a straight face and theirs never any inflection in your voice.

DamnYankee
09-23-2009, 10:47 AM
And walking with that light pole. :p

Canceled1
09-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Now that is not exactly what you said in the first post, is it?

If you had said "real men teach their kids" or something similar, you would have been closer to correct. And I wouldn't have disagreed.

But instead you went with the old "I want to be macho" standby. And failed totally.

Now you fall back on your normal personal insults and attacking someone's family routine. If insulting someone's family results in you claiming a "zing", your whining about people insulting your wife is another example of hypocricy.

Well actually he said "real men move their own stuff".

Do keep up.

DamnYankee
09-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Solitary's a hollow shell of a man; a large shell, but hollow.

Canceled1
09-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Solitary's a hollow shell of a man; a large shell, but hollow.

I wonder what that laborer would look like he would hire to do his heavy lifting...?

Talk about being at the horns of a Liberal dilemma....:(

DamnYankee
09-23-2009, 02:59 PM
I wonder what that laborer would look like he would hire to do his heavy lifting...?

Talk about being at the horns of a Liberal dilemma....:(
He'd probably hire some illegals.

Cancel5
09-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Real men move their own stuff. Last weekend we hauled this from my valley home to my mountain cabin, built a crane and placed it onto the back deck. It weighs about 850# dry. Next weekend we'll hook it up.

Clean and jerk, is that what you will perform in this tub?

Cancel5
09-23-2009, 03:01 PM
dude....it looks like a hot tub....:pke:

i guess you colorads have blue as your inner outhouse decor.....

EDIT....SM's next post.....
They are pretty fancy in CO!

Cancel5
09-23-2009, 03:01 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IBYlXoYPWHs/Sq93CBgEsYI/AAAAAAAADpc/HmdbvPUfTPY/s320/two-story+outhouse.jpg
Perfect, I love it and it is so true, truly a trickle down system!

Cancel5
09-23-2009, 03:02 PM
What could be more productive then teaching my son to be imaginative, self-sufficient and resourceful? He was so excited about the project that he invited a friend of his, who ended up to be a great help to us. They're both applying to engineering school at NC State.

Good for you! Good for the son! He could be done in time to apply for the gas line???

Cancel5
09-23-2009, 03:06 PM
FsC0v6QrH44
Seriously funny and creative!

DamnYankee
09-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Good for you! Good for the son! He could be done in time to apply for the gas line??? Gas line?

DamnYankee
09-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Clean and jerk, is that what you will perform in this tub?

eXpAtyerivE

Cancel5
09-23-2009, 03:16 PM
eXpAtyerivE
I didn't think he was going to be able to do it at first!!!

DamnYankee
09-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Neither did I. :)

ZappasGuitar
09-23-2009, 04:26 PM

Man was I off base! I thought this was a pitch for some kinda new buddy/cop show this fall!

I can see it now...

"He's a 14 year veteran of the force. Newly sober for the first time in those 14 years."

"He's a brash young rookie with a bad attitude and anger management issues."

Together they are going to clean up this city...

They are: "Clean & Jerk"

Mott the Hoople
09-25-2009, 01:34 PM
I didn't think he was going to be able to do it at first!!!YOu should see them do a snatch. That's even more impressive.

YouTube - Weller vs. Rezazadeh, 2000 Olympics - Snatch

Cancel5
09-25-2009, 01:37 PM
YOu should see them do a snatch. That's even more impressive.

YouTube - Weller vs. Rezazadeh, 2000 Olympics - Snatch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwK-dE9HytI&feature=related)
I remember watching this!

ZappasGuitar
09-25-2009, 01:51 PM
YOu should see them do a snatch. That's even more impressive.

YouTube - Weller vs. Rezazadeh, 2000 Olympics - Snatch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwK-dE9HytI&feature=related)

Fred Flintstone breaks the world record!

Listen closely at about the 20-25 second mark, when he's got the weight going up, you can clearly hear "Yabba dabba do".

Minister of Truth
09-26-2009, 01:35 PM
http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/real%20men%20wear%20pink.gif