09-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Child Please

SmarterthanYou
09-17-2009, 02:03 PM
you hitting the ganj right now?

Topspin
09-17-2009, 02:04 PM
I wish,
Mot was on here crying about who the sec play and here his buckeyes have a real tough test against the welding school at toledo.

WinterBorn
09-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Child Please

Would Toledo be more like the Washington Huskies (haven't won since 2007) or Tulane?

Mott the Hoople
09-17-2009, 02:20 PM
I wish,
Mot was on here crying about who the sec play and here his buckeyes have a real tough test against the welding school at toledo.Oh please dude. Only the ACC has a bigger cupcake non-con schedule then the SEC. I'll give credit where it's due. Tenn and LSWho do have a decent non-con schedule but the rest of the SEC is cupcake city and Bama braging about playing a mediocrity like VaTech is laughable. BTW, Toledo could probably play VaTech a good game as their one of the top rated teams in the MAC. At least Ohio State isn't afraid to play anyone. Poor SEC has to play in their back yard or their gonna take their ball and go home! LOL

Mott the Hoople
09-17-2009, 02:22 PM
BTW, The Pac 10 is definately a better conferance then the SEC this year.

Topspin
09-17-2009, 02:25 PM
your on crack, VT would roll up Ohio Slow.

Mott the Hoople
09-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Would Toledo be more like the Washington Huskies (haven't won since 2007) or Tulane?Toledo lost a tough game to Purdue and whooped Colorodo's ass last weekend.

Mott the Hoople
09-17-2009, 02:29 PM
your on crack, VT would roll up Ohio Slow.Oh Please. Va Tech would have a tough time against North Western. Iowa or Wisconsin would roll them up. Va Tech couldn't win the MAC title this year.

Topspin
09-17-2009, 02:34 PM
SEC has 3 in the top 9

what was Ohio slows last big win?

Mott the Hoople
09-17-2009, 02:34 PM
BTW, the MAC is the cradle of great Coaches. Woody, Bo, Randy Walker, Ara Parsegian, Urban Meyer, Ron Zook, Glen Mason, Bill Mallory, all coached there. Tim Beckman is the next hot coaching prospect from the MAC and let's not forget the greatest coach in the history of Football, Paul Brown, coached in the MAC too.

Damocles
09-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Toledo lost a tough game to Purdue and whooped Colorodo's ass last weekend.
Yeah, but CU sucks wind.

WinterBorn
09-17-2009, 02:50 PM
We play a weaker nonconference schedule because we play a tough conference.

There are more ranked teams from the SEC than from the Big 10.

And there are more teams from the SEC that have consistently been in the top 25.

Florida, Georgia, and LSU have consistently been in the top 25. Alabama has had a hiatus, but it was not that long ago that we were in it almost every year too. And we are back to stay. No one is surprised to see Tennessee and Auburn in the top 25.

Other than Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan, who in the Big 10 is expected to be in the top 25 every year???

Mott the Hoople
09-17-2009, 05:36 PM
SEC has 3 in the top 9

what was Ohio slows last big win?Oh please. Everyone knows the voters are biased about the SEC. Hell you might as well not even show up and play them, The pollsters have all ready decided their better than anyone else. Fuck the polls.

Mott the Hoople
09-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Yeah, but CU sucks wind.Toledo certainly proved that. LOL

Mott the Hoople
09-17-2009, 05:42 PM

And there are more teams from the SEC that have consistently been in the top 25.

Florida, Georgia, and LSU have consistently been in the top 25. Alabama has had a hiatus, but it was not that long ago that we were in it almost every year too. And we are back to stay. No one is surprised to see Tennessee and Auburn in the top 25.

Other than Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan, who in the Big 10 is expected to be in the top 25 every year???Oh please. Quite making excuses. Ya'll don't play tough non-conf schedules cause you're afraid to play out of your own back yards. I'll never buy into the SEC being the toughest until they show they aint afraid to play the elite teams of other conferences. When's the last time you saw an SEC team play Texas or Ohio State or USC or Nebraska or Oklahoma in a non-conf game? 1978 maybe? Just a bunch of hot air. Ya'll aint the best cause a bunch of southern sports writers say you are! LOL

Topspin
09-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Oh please. Everyone knows the voters are biased about the SEC. Hell you might as well not even show up and play them, The pollsters have all ready decided their better than anyone else. Fuck the polls.

I bet you were in High School last time Ohio Slow beat a top ten team

Topspin
09-17-2009, 05:49 PM
LSU and Florida raped Ohio Slow without a reach around. and your argument is yeah but your non conference. Shit like the man said where's all the big 10 teams in the rankings. Nowhere, no speed

WinterBorn
09-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Oh please. Quite making excuses. Ya'll don't play tough non-conf schedules cause you're afraid to play out of your own back yards. I'll never buy into the SEC being the toughest until they show they aint afraid to play the elite teams of other conferences. When's the last time you saw an SEC team play Texas or Ohio State or USC or Nebraska or Oklahoma in a non-conf game? 1978 maybe? Just a bunch of hot air. Ya'll aint the best cause a bunch of southern sports writers say you are! LOL

In 2000 & 2001 we played UCLA. 2000 in their house and 2001 in ours.
We played Oklahoma in 2002 & 2003. Their house in '02 and our house in '03.
In 2002 & 2003 we also played Hawaii in their stadium.
In 2008 we played Clemson at a neutral site.
In 2009 we played VaTech at a neutral site.

Oh, and we aren't the best because a bunch of sports writers say we are. We are the best because a bunches of sports writers AND a bunch of college coaches voted SEC teams into the top 25 more than any other conference.

But then, what do sports writers and college football coaches know.

WinterBorn
09-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Oh and just one tidbit. When we made the deal with Oklahoma to play one there and then one here, they tried to get out of coming here. The UA had to threaten a lawsuit.

So go tell Oklahoma your story about not travelling to other people's stadiums.

One other problem with us travelling, when we go out of the south we still take 25k to 50k fans with us. Smaller schools can't handle that kind of crowd.

WinterBorn
09-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Oh Please. Va Tech would have a tough time against North Western. Iowa or Wisconsin would roll them up. Va Tech couldn't win the MAC title this year.

Lets see, N. Texas lost barely lost to Ohio, and then got slaughtered by Bama.

Nebraska beat 2 sunbelt teams soundly, and then lost to VaTech.

Maybe rethink your theory, Mott?

Mott the Hoople
09-20-2009, 08:54 AM
Child PleaseWhile in the meantime LSWho played national power house Louisianna-Lafayette. Wow, ya'll must be terrified having to play those division 1AA Sun Belt teams?

Mott the Hoople
09-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Oh please dude. Only the ACC has a bigger cupcake non-con schedule then the SEC. I'll give credit where it's due. Tenn and LSWho do have a decent non-con schedule but the rest of the SEC is cupcake city and Bama braging about playing a mediocrity like VaTech is laughable. BTW, Toledo could probably play VaTech a good game as their one of the top rated teams in the MAC. At least Ohio State isn't afraid to play anyone. Poor SEC has to play in their back yard or their gonna take their ball and go home! LOLI have to retract this. LSWho and Tenn have the toughest non-conf schedule in the SEC but it's still cup cake city. LSWho's non-conf schedule has a combined 2008 won lose record of an awe inspiring 15 and 33. OSU's non-conf schedule has a respectable 2008 won loss record of 25-26. What is the SEC afraid of?

Mott the Hoople
09-20-2009, 09:00 AM
I bet you were in High School last time Ohio Slow beat a top ten teamYou're not paying attention here Topper. OSU was 2 for 3 against the #2 team in the nation in 2006. When's the last time LSWho played the #2 ranked team three times in one season?

Mott the Hoople
09-20-2009, 09:08 AM

Other than Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan, who in the Big 10 is expected to be in the top 25 every year???Oh please. Any team can have a run of a few years. There's only three teams in the SEC, that in the long haul, are in the same league as OSU, PSU and Mich. That's Bama, Tenn and LSWho add Florida into the mix you have four.

Georgia aint in the same league as those seven. Hell Minnesotta has won more national championships then GA. Right now GA is about in the same league as Wisconson. A good team but not elite. (and BTW, Wisc has consistantly been in the top 25 over the last 20 years).

By the way, the Big Ten(11) has won more national championships then any conference, including the SEC and they aren't afraid to play other elite teams on the road like the SEC is.

In terms of total wins only three southern teams are in the top 10 and only two of them are in the SEC and that's Alabama (#7) and Tenn (#8). Six of the top ten teams are from the midwest.

Mott the Hoople
09-20-2009, 09:35 AM
In 2000 & 2001 we played UCLA. 2000 in their house and 2001 in ours.
We played Oklahoma in 2002 & 2003. Their house in '02 and our house in '03.
In 2002 & 2003 we also played Hawaii in their stadium.
In 2008 we played Clemson at a neutral site.
In 2009 we played VaTech at a neutral site.

Oh, and we aren't the best because a bunch of sports writers say we are. We are the best because a bunches of sports writers AND a bunch of college coaches voted SEC teams into the top 25 more than any other conference.

But then, what do sports writers and college football coaches know.You're making my argument for me. Hawaii is a cupcake, Clemson and VaTech or middlen programs and you couldn't play them at their house. Whimps had to play them in a SEC stadium (The GA Dome). LOL

The SEC can blow smoke about your selves all you want to but until your willing to come up to the Shoe or the Bowl or Lincoln or play in front of touchdown Jesus or play a bowl game outside your backyards ya'll won't have any street cred.

That's one thing I'll give the Bear credit for. He'd play anyone, anywhere in a blizzard. That ended in the SEC when he retired.

That's another reason why a tournament is needed to put an end to the myth of SEC superiority.

Mott the Hoople
09-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Lets see, N. Texas lost barely lost to Ohio, and then got slaughtered by Bama.

Nebraska beat 2 sunbelt teams soundly, and then lost to VaTech.

Maybe rethink your theory, Mott?Na, you're proving me right. There all cupcakes (including those formidable Bobcats of Ohio U) the only decent team is VaTech and Nebraska and their middlin teams at best this year. Gotta give Bama credit for playing them. There the only SEC team to play a ranked team (though VaTech is grossly over rated and the season will show that). Problem is, Bama didn't have the balls to play them at home in Virginia. They had to play them is a so-called neutral site that wasn't even neutral since it's an SEC country.

WinterBorn
09-20-2009, 09:44 AM
You're making my argument for me. Hawaii is a cupcake, Clemson and VaTech or middlen programs and you couldn't play them at their house. Whimps had to play them in a SEC stadium (The GA Dome). LOL

The SEC can blow smoke about your selves all you want to but until your willing to come up to the Shoe or the Bowl or Lincoln or play in front of touchdown Jesus or play a bowl game outside your backyards ya'll won't have any street cred.

That's one thing I'll give the Bear credit for. He'd play anyone, anywhere in a blizzard. That ended in the SEC when he retired.

That's another reason why a tournament is needed to put an end to the myth of SEC superiority.

I think what you call a myth is fact. The SEC kills itself far more often than they lose outside our conference.

FL lost to Ole Miss, but slaughtered in the bowl last year.

Playing in a blizzard is not a sign of a good football team. Its a sign of who learned to play in the snow. Bad weather ruins a football game. It doesn't make it better.