PDA

View Full Version : Mountain West Conference

Mott the Hoople
09-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Should the Mountain West Conference champs get an automatic BCS bid? I think so. There obviously a better conference in Football than either the ACC or the Big East who get automatic bids. I think they should threaten a law suit or threaten to pull out of the BCS and they will get an automatic bid.

Topspin
09-15-2009, 01:46 PM
They should replace the little10, Utah would rape Ohio-Slow

Mott the Hoople
09-15-2009, 02:54 PM
They should replace the little10, Utah would rape Ohio-Slow
You mean like they did LSWho? :pke:

WinterBorn
09-15-2009, 06:01 PM
You mean like they did LSWho? :pke:

No, Utah raped my Crimson Tide in the Sugar Bowl last year. (of course that was after we beat LSWho.

Topspin
09-16-2009, 05:19 AM
Mott is losing his mind after only 1 Ohio Slow loss.
He still is yet to respond to their last big win.
Sorry Mott, I know it's painfull

Mott the Hoople
09-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Mott is losing his mind after only 1 Ohio Slow loss.
He still is yet to respond to their last big win.
Sorry Mott, I know it's painfullWe're to close to Cincinnati. The Bungles are starting to rub off on us! LOL

Topspin
09-16-2009, 01:50 PM
true the vest has lost the last 6 vs top 5 teams.
Calm yourself Mott you have to get ready for the next freshman to beat you. The Meeeechigan kid. He's a gamer.

Socrtease
09-16-2009, 06:14 PM
I think we should all get around one football idea. How about "How bad Notre Dame sucks"?

WinterBorn
09-16-2009, 06:26 PM
I think we should all get around one football idea. How about "How bad Notre Dame sucks"?

That works for me. Makes me smile too.

cawacko
09-16-2009, 08:02 PM
As Stuart Mandell said today on cnnsi.com Pac 10 might be the best conference. Ole Miss going off reputation from last year. LSU in the top 10 based on how they've played? Please. The SEC has finally played some real OOC games and they been exposed.

Topspin
09-17-2009, 05:18 AM
As Stuart Mandell said today on cnnsi.com Pac 10 might be the best conference. Ole Miss going off reputation from last year. LSU in the top 10 based on how they've played? Please. The SEC has finally played some real OOC games and they been exposed.

ND has not recovered from the raping LSU gave them in the Sugar Bowl when Brady Quinn was their.

Cawacko, little10 the best conference. You might not be the third best conference. Oregon was highly rated and dumped it's load, Cal always dumps their load before they play you guys. Arizona State showed what a fraud they were last year.
The big Question is which high school pac10 team beats the trojans this year. UCLA or Stanford?

WinterBorn
09-17-2009, 06:00 AM

Not all of the SEC has been exposed. When Bama played VaTech we played them close for a half and then beat them like a red-headed stepchild in the 2nd half.

Topspin
09-17-2009, 06:04 AM
Florida is no doubt #1 by far.
Alabama, it's hard to argue they wouldn't be favored or just a slight dog vs USC on a neutral field. They'd be double digits vs any other pac 10 panzy.
LSU would be a dog to SC by 7 or 8 and would be a double digit vs any other but cal.
Ole Miss same deal
Cawacko is desparate at this point.

WinterBorn
09-17-2009, 06:14 AM
Florida is no doubt #1 by far.
Alabama, it's hard to argue they wouldn't be favored or just a slight dog vs USC on a neutral field. They'd be double digits vs any other pac 10 panzy.
LSU would be a dog to SC by 7 or 8 and would be a double digit vs any other but cal.
Ole Miss same deal
Cawacko is desparate at this point.

Pac10 is the 2nd toughest conference this year, imo.

I would love to see USC play the SEC Champion for the NC.

Topspin
09-17-2009, 06:39 AM
I think the Big 12 would have something to say about #2.
Texas
Okl
Texas Tech
Nebraska
How about the resurgent ACC
VT
Miami
Fl St

WinterBorn
09-17-2009, 06:43 AM
Texas
Okl
Texas Tech
Nebraska
VT
Miami
Fl St

VaTech is the top team in the ACC, and they have already lost to Bama. FL would beat them as bad.

TX, OK, & TxTech would lose too. They can score but have no defense. And they haven't seen D like Bama or FL could show them. No contest.

Topspin
09-17-2009, 06:56 AM
I'm comparing them to the PaC 10 hommie,
Nobody is even close to the SEC, that's agreed by all experst. Only cawacko and Lou Holtz have crazy ideas.
Pac 10 is prob a distant third behind the big 12. But the ACC is not far behind the pac 10. That is all

WinterBorn
09-17-2009, 06:59 AM
Nobody is even close to the SEC, that's agreed by all experst. Only cawacko and Lou Holtz have crazy ideas.
Pac 10 is prob a distant third behind the big 12. But the ACC is not far behind the pac 10. That is all

I don't know. I haven't seen anyone but UCLA and USC play, but they both had defenses that looked better than OK or TX

Topspin
09-17-2009, 07:25 AM
Texas would rape UCLA and would also beat USC.
UCLA will drop at least 2 games in the Pac10, mark that down.

Mott the Hoople
09-17-2009, 10:31 AM
true the vest has lost the last 6 vs top 5 teams.
Calm yourself Mott you have to get ready for the next freshman to beat you. The Meeeechigan kid. He's a gamer.
Ehh we'll see. OSU is in an odd spot. OSU, Texas and USC have the best won lost records in the last 7 years but OSU recieves scathing criticism for not winning them all.

Mott the Hoople
09-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Word!

Topspin
09-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Ehh we'll see. OSU is in an odd spot. OSU, Texas and USC have the best won lost records in the last 7 years but OSU recieves scathing criticism for not winning them all.

repeat, you lost the last 6 in a row to top 5 teams.
Sure the vest can beat cupcakes

Mott the Hoople
09-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Texas
Okl
Texas Tech
Nebraska
VT
Miami
Fl St
You gotta be kidding me? That's what this post was started about. The Mountain West is a better conference than the ACC or the Big East and should have an automatic BCS bid even if they have to take one away from the ACC or the Big East.....or both.

Mott the Hoople
09-17-2009, 01:16 PM
VaTech is the top team in the ACC, and they have already lost to Bama. FL would beat them as bad.

TX, OK, & TxTech would lose too. They can score but have no defense. And they haven't seen D like Bama or FL could show them. No contest.You're forgetting who Bama's head coach is. He sucks against dynamic offenses. Texas is every bit as good if not better than Bama and both OK and TT would give Bama fits, particularly TT.

Mott the Hoople
09-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Pac 10 is prob a distant third behind the big 12. But the ACC is not far behind the pac 10. That is allPhhllllbbbttt, keep telling your selves that. Were gonna have fun laughing at you guys when you start making excuses. the SEC is gonna have an off year this year.

WinterBorn
09-17-2009, 01:20 PM
You're forgetting who Bama's head coach is. He sucks against dynamic offenses. Texas is every bit as good if not better than Bama and both OK and TT would give Bama fits, particularly TT.

No, I think you mean he sucks when he tries to HAVE a dynamic offense.

Mott the Hoople
09-17-2009, 01:22 PM
repeat, you lost the last 6 in a row to top 5 teams.
Sure the vest can beat cupcakesand prior to that they won 5 out of 6. Theirs only one SEC team with balls. Tennessee may be down this year but their the only SEC team that's not afraid to play out of their back yard. Until ya'll prove you can play outside the south you have no street cred. Texas and USC are better than both Florida and Bama and they do play outside of their own back yards. The SEC is over rated this year and Ole Miss will prove that.

Mott the Hoople
09-17-2009, 01:26 PM
No, I think you mean he sucks when he tries to HAVE a dynamic offense.How would we know that? He's never had one. LOL

WinterBorn
09-17-2009, 01:47 PM
How would we know that? He's never had one. LOL

Thats why I thought thats what you meant.

His defenses have done well against plenty of dynamic offenses.

WinterBorn
09-17-2009, 01:48 PM
and prior to that they won 5 out of 6. Theirs only one SEC team with balls. Tennessee may be down this year but their the only SEC team that's not afraid to play out of their back yard. Until ya'll prove you can play outside the south you have no street cred. Texas and USC are better than both Florida and Bama and they do play outside of their own back yards. The SEC is over rated this year and Ole Miss will prove that.

LSU went to WA for their first game.

I still think where the game is played is over-rated.

If Bama travels, we will still have a stadium full of fans. And the weather is less of a factor outside the southeast.

Topspin
09-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Tenn is a second tier SEC team and need the bump.
Again search your ancient history and give me Ohio Slow's last big win. Tool

Mott the Hoople
09-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Try 3 years ago. Our slide against top 5 teams began when we were embarrased by Florida. However, we played 4 for 5 top ranked team that year. That included going 2 for 3 against the #2 team in the nation. The year before we were 5 for 7 against top ranked team including 1-1 against top five. So we had a didn't do to well against top 5 teams the last two years. The last 7 years OSU has played more top ranked teams, beat more top ranked teams then LSWho and we haven't been afraid to play outside our backyard either.

cawacko
09-18-2009, 02:43 AM
Haha, keepin it real from the USC board I copied this. Topspin answer back son!!!

P.S. (Topspin my daddy played tennis in college until he got kicked off the team for chasing a woman... where I got it from!)

Incidentally, anyone notice that USC will have played some of the best QB's in the likes of Terrell Pryor, Jake Locker, and Jimmy Clausen? Not too mention that kid from AZ and Luck from Stanford are pretty good on their own merit. I wonder, does the SEC have gun slingers or dual threat QB's of this status other than Saint Tebow? Just saying... :)

Buffalo Soldier
09-18-2009, 05:09 AM
The kid from ole miss is way better than all of them. Who was the first pick in 2 of the last 3 drafts? SEC quaterbacks. I met my wife on a tennis court, so I'm guessing your dad like me cared more about the hotties than the game.

Mott the Hoople
09-19-2009, 07:02 AM
There's only one bigger pussy sport in the world then Tennis and that's golf.

Mott the Hoople
09-19-2009, 07:59 AM
The kid from ole miss is way better than all of them. Who was the first pick in 2 of the last 3 drafts? SEC quaterbacks. I met my wife on a tennis court, so I'm guessing your dad like me cared more about the hotties than the game. Un Huh, both the Pac 10 (12) and the Big 10 (13) have more QB's in the NFL then the SEC (11). The Pac 10 has the most QB's starting in the NFL (6) with the Big 10, SEC and ACC tied for second (5 each).

WinterBorn
09-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Bama rolled over North Texas 53-7. Our QBs hit 11 different receivers and used 4 differnt RBs.

Mott the Hoople
09-20-2009, 08:49 AM
What is the SEC afraid of? The SEC team with the toughest non-conf schedule is Tennessee. Their non-conf opponents have a combined won lost record of 16 and 32 and that's the thoughest non-conf schedule in the SEC. LSU is second at 15 and 33. Why is the SEC afraid to play tough teams outside of their own conference? OSU by refrence non-conf opponents have a combined record of 25-26.

WinterBorn
09-20-2009, 09:51 AM
What is the SEC afraid of? The SEC team with the toughest non-conf schedule is Tennessee. Their non-conf opponents have a combined won lost record of 16 and 32 and that's the thoughest non-conf schedule in the SEC. LSU is second at 15 and 33. Why is the SEC afraid to play tough teams outside of their own conference? OSU by refrence non-conf opponents have a combined record of 25-26.

We are afraid of each other more than we are afraid of anyone else.

One of the things we see all year is these high flying offenses that score 60 points a game. But that play people with no defense.

Minister of Truth
09-20-2009, 11:35 AM
There's only one bigger pussy sport in the world then Tennis and that's golf.

Haha, knock on Topspin!

belme1201
09-20-2009, 10:27 PM
These football threads are fun to read AFTER the games have taken place.
Big Sky, Shmig Sky!

Florida remains at #1
Miami goes from #20 to #9. 2-0 v ranked teams.
Unranked Fla. State goes to #18.

Oregon knocks off Utah, FSU murders BYU, Wahington 0-15 coming into 2009, knocks off USC. Boise St didn't exactly stifle Fresno St.

Come on down boys, the water's fine!

Damocles
09-21-2009, 08:19 AM
And CU still sucks.

WinterBorn
09-21-2009, 08:36 AM
And CU still sucks.

Yeah, they pretty much do suck. But they are not the worst out there. Thats a plus.

Damocles
09-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Yeah, they pretty much do suck. But they are not the worst out there. Thats a plus.
Yaaay! CU isn't the suckiest of the suck! :woot:

At least they aren't Muskinghum!

Mott the Hoople
09-21-2009, 09:54 AM
We are afraid of each other more than we are afraid of anyone else.

One of the things we see all year is these high flying offenses that score 60 points a game. But that play people with no defense.
Well we'll have a better feel for the SEC after next weekend but giving how they looked this last weekend there's no way Florida and LSU will go through their schedule undefeated. There the two most over rated teams in the SEC. Both will have 2 or 3 loses by the end of the regular season. Right now it looks like Bama and Ole Miss are the best two teams. Auborn could surprise some folks too. Who ever wins the SEC west will crush the SEC east champ. Excuse me. Did I say Florida and LSU were the most over rated team in the SEC? I'm wrong, that distinction belongs to Georgia. In another week or two GA will be out of the top 25. They'll be lucky to win 7 games this year. Kentucky is probably a better team then GA.

I was really impressed with Iowa this weekend. Their QB is probably the best kept secret in the country. That kid is good. I wish Tyrelle had his mechanics. Big 10 is looking a lot better than last year. Michigan is back with a vengence and rolling up a lot of points, Penn State is a beast, OSU is strong as ussual and both Iowa and Wisconsin look good. Minnessotta looks like they could pull off some upsets too.

Mott the Hoople
09-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Yaaay! CU isn't the suckiest of the suck! :woot:

At least they aren't Muskinghum!Yea Muskinghum! I've heaved a lung more than once going up the Malta Wall on the other side of the river. Damned 12% grade. It's like riding up a wall.

Damocles
09-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Yea Muskinghum! I've heaved a lung more than once going up the Malta Wall on the other side of the river. Damned 12% grade. It's like riding up a wall.
My wife went to college there. For some reason Presidential candidates love to stop by New Concorde. It's beyond my comprehension. However, there is no way you can go to college there without getting in shape...

WinterBorn
09-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Well we'll have a better feel for the SEC after next weekend but giving how they looked this last weekend there's no way Florida and LSU will go through their schedule undefeated. There the two most over rated teams in the SEC. Both will have 2 or 3 loses by the end of the regular season. Right now it looks like Bama and Ole Miss are the best two teams. Auborn could surprise some folks too. Who ever wins the SEC west will crush the SEC east champ. Excuse me. Did I say Florida and LSU were the most over rated team in the SEC? I'm wrong, that distinction belongs to Georgia. In another week or two GA will be out of the top 25. They'll be lucky to win 7 games this year. Kentucky is probably a better team then GA.

I was really impressed with Iowa this weekend. Their QB is probably the best kept secret in the country. That kid is good. I wish Tyrelle had his mechanics. Big 10 is looking a lot better than last year. Michigan is back with a vengence and rolling up a lot of points, Penn State is a beast, OSU is strong as ussual and both Iowa and Wisconsin look good. Minnessotta looks like they could pull off some upsets too.

I don't think the game against TN showed us anything about the Gators. TN has a defense. And Kiffin was playing to beat the spread, not to win. He had his defensive backs 30 yards deep.

Mott the Hoople
09-21-2009, 10:12 AM
My wife went to college there. For some reason Presidential candidates love to stop by New Concorde. It's beyond my comprehension. However, there is no way you can go to college there without getting in shape...
Yea, those hills may not be like the mountains of colorado there in Muskingum but those suckers go straight up, don't they? Pretty little town and that's a top notch liberal arts college your wife went to.

Mott the Hoople
09-21-2009, 10:17 AM
I don't think the game against TN showed us anything about the Gators. TN has a defense. And Kiffin was playing to beat the spread, not to win. He had his defensive backs 30 yards deep.It's also possible that the Gators were sand bagging it to but be that as it may. The Gators did not look impressive. I might have to eat crow on Florida. Their schedule looks weak. The only tough opponents they have are LSWho and Florida State. Maybe Kentucky or Miss State can pull of an upset but I don't think GA, SC or Arkansas can.

WinterBorn
09-21-2009, 10:18 AM
It's also possible that the Gators were sand bagging it to but be that as it may. The Gators did not look impressive. I might have to eat crow on Florida. Their schedule looks weak. The only tough opponents they have are LSWho and Florida State. Maybe Kentucky or Miss State can pull of an upset but I don't think GA, SC or Arkansas can.

Bama will see in the SEC Championship.

Mott the Hoople
09-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Bama will see in the SEC Championship.I dunno, in one of those, lifes not fair scenarios, Bama has a tougher schedule then Florida considering they have to play LSU, Auburn and Ole Miss while Florida only plays LSU. Next closest to those teams Florida has is GA and FL.ST. LSU Florida will be a big game cause that's when we'll know how good Florida reall is. If Florida is looking past KY to LSWho, they might get handed their heads.

Mott the Hoople
09-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Bama will see in the SEC Championship.I think you have a great team and great players on Bama. I don't have that much confidence in your coach.
He's super ultra conservative and has never shown the consistency that Carroll, Tressel or Meyer has shown. In a conference with such dynamic coaches as Nutt, Tiffin, Meyer, Brooks and Spurrier, I think retro-Saban is a bit of an artifact. Personally I think Bama made a mistake in signing Saban. He's never shown loyalty to a team and he's not the most consistant coach in the world. I think Bama could have done much better than Saban. You watch, if Bama has a couple of years where they don't go to the SEC championship game, Saban will drop ya'll like a bad habit and move on the greener (emphasis added) pastures.

WinterBorn
09-21-2009, 11:48 AM
I think you have a great team and great players on Bama. I don't have that much confidence in your coach.
He's super ultra conservative and has never shown the consistency that Carroll, Tressel or Meyer has shown. In a conference with such dynamic coaches as Nutt, Tiffin, Meyer, Brooks and Spurrier, I think retro-Saban is a bit of an artifact. Personally I think Bama made a mistake in signing Saban. He's never shown loyalty to a team and he's not the most consistant coach in the world. I think Bama could have done much better than Saban. You watch, if Bama has a couple of years where they don't go to the SEC championship game, Saban will drop ya'll like a bad habit and move on the greener (emphasis added) pastures.

I don't know of many pastures that are greener.

But, for the sake of argument, lets say you are right. Saban leaves. We will have already had his recruiting for several years and back on top. The next coach will have a great start, and will continue to win with those players.

The downfall of Bama started with the hiring of Mike Dubose. He was recommended by Gene Stallings. Stallings was told to retire but a new university president. The president was going to bring in a big name. Frank Beamer was at the top of his list. But once Stallings recommended Dubose, the president couldn't have hired anyone else without having riots on campus and losing donations by alumni.

Mott the Hoople
09-21-2009, 12:47 PM
I don't know of many pastures that are greener.

But, for the sake of argument, lets say you are right. Saban leaves. We will have already had his recruiting for several years and back on top. The next coach will have a great start, and will continue to win with those players.

The downfall of Bama started with the hiring of Mike Dubose. He was recommended by Gene Stallings. Stallings was told to retire but a new university president. The president was going to bring in a big name. Frank Beamer was at the top of his list. But once Stallings recommended Dubose, the president couldn't have hired anyone else without having riots on campus and losing donations by alumni.and then it from bad to worse with Price and Shula. In Cincinnati we mark the beginning of the Bungles reign of futility with the hiring of his brother Dave.

WinterBorn
09-21-2009, 12:59 PM
and then it from bad to worse with Price and Shula. In Cincinnati we mark the beginning of the Bungles reign of futility with the hiring of his brother Dave.

Price might not have been a bad coach. We don't know, he never coached a day before he was fired for frolicking with strippers.

Shula was completely incompetent.

belme1201
09-21-2009, 08:46 PM

In the meantime, 3 of the top 5 teams in the AP Coaches Poll are in the SEC with Penn St. number 5. 2 of only 3 teams receiving 1st place votes are SEC teams.
As a former Big Tenner,(once an Illini raised in N.D. territory) I understand the frustration. Things have changed in college football over the years, the steel mill towns, once prime Big Ten recruiting territory have given way to the fields of the South for producing prime players, the difference being speed not bulk. The SEC's game is different than the Big Ten's based on that fact, Notre Dame, though not in the Big Ten is yet another fading example of a past power for the same reasons. Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Purdue, etc would be patsies in the SEC, not even up to the 2nd tier teams. Granted, Pa St. and Ohio St. have recruiting power nationwide, that is what sets them apart from the rest of their league. Penn St, the "Beast" has yet to come up against a ranked opponent.
Don't count Florida out yet, 2 out of 3 ain't bad and 3 out of 4 will be even better, especially for an "overrated" league.

Mott the Hoople
09-22-2009, 04:58 AM
In the meantime, 3 of the top 5 teams in the AP Coaches Poll are in the SEC with Penn St. number 5. 2 of only 3 teams receiving 1st place votes are SEC teams.
As a former Big Tenner,(once an Illini raised in N.D. territory) I understand the frustration. Things have changed in college football over the years, the steel mill towns, once prime Big Ten recruiting territory have given way to the fields of the South for producing prime players, the difference being speed not bulk. The SEC's game is different than the Big Ten's based on that fact, Notre Dame, though not in the Big Ten is yet another fading example of a past power for the same reasons. Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Purdue, etc would be patsies in the SEC, not even up to the 2nd tier teams. Granted, Pa St. and Ohio St. have recruiting power nationwide, that is what sets them apart from the rest of their league. Penn St, the "Beast" has yet to come up against a ranked opponent.
Don't count Florida out yet, 2 out of 3 ain't bad and 3 out of 4 will be even better, especially for an "overrated" league.I have heard that over and over again for over 20 years. The steel town part is true. The Speed vs Bulk is a bunch of Baloney. I bet OSU has more players with sub 4.5 40 speed then either Bama or Florida. What is true is that we don't have a play off and there's no way in the world to tell "Who has the best conference" other then there are a lot of southern sportwriters. Maybe the SEC is #1 because there are more journalism majors coming out of SEC schools then any other conference. My only frustration is that we don't have a play off system to dispell the SEC myth. You ever notice that the SEC runs away from non-conference competition and in Bowl games they seed higher rated SEC teams against lower rated opponents (and by that I don't neccessarily mean polls. How often do they put the #2 SEC team against the #3 or #4 Big 10 of Big 12 team?) usually in some southern city and then blow a lot of smoke about their superiority. That's all's it is. Smoke and hot air. Until we have a national championship tournament and the SEC can win 3 or 4 in a row, then I might start to believe.

WinterBorn
09-22-2009, 05:20 AM
I have heard that over and over again for over 20 years. The steel town part is true. The Speed vs Bulk is a bunch of Baloney. I bet OSU has more players with sub 4.5 40 speed then either Bama or Florida. What is true is that we don't have a play off and there's no way in the world to tell "Who has the best conference" other then there are a lot of southern sportwriters. Maybe the SEC is #1 because there are more journalism majors coming out of SEC schools then any other conference. My only frustration is that we don't have a play off system to dispell the SEC myth. You ever notice that the SEC runs away from non-conference competition and in Bowl games they seed higher rated SEC teams against lower rated opponents (and by that I don't neccessarily mean polls. How often do they put the #2 SEC team against the #3 or #4 Big 10 of Big 12 team?) usually in some southern city and then blow a lot of smoke about their superiority. That's all's it is. Smoke and hot air. Until we have a national championship tournament and the SEC can win 3 or 4 in a row, then I might start to believe.

I think the biggest difference between OSU and either FL or Bama is the use of the speed.

Typically, the better teams in the SEC put as much speed on the defense as the offense. Sometimes more speed on D.

When I watch TX, OK, or OSU (though not so much OSU), I see high scoring games because the defense can't keep up with the receivers. In the better SEC games I see receivers having to fight for the ball because the cornerbacks matched them step for step.

WinterBorn
09-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Back to the original question. Yes, I think the Mountain West should get a BCS berth.

Buffalo Soldier
09-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Mott, child please
Saban met tressle head to head and bitch slapped him. Your whinning is funny but sad. You keep crying about no1 Fla not looking good while they win every week by double digits. Ohio slow is just like ND. You both have plenty fast offensive players. The difference is the sec has speed at LB and safety. Now cry some more it's funny.

Mott the Hoople
09-23-2009, 04:55 AM
Mott, child please
Saban met tressle head to head and bitch slapped him. Your whinning is funny but sad. You keep crying about no1 Fla not looking good while they win every week by double digits. Ohio slow is just like ND. You both have plenty fast offensive players. The difference is the sec has speed at LB and safety. Now cry some more it's funny.Dude, you don't know what you're talking about. Tressel and Saban have never coached against each other as head coaches.

Saban had one good season in the big 10, he was 1-4 against Mich, 1-4 against OSU, 1-4 against Wisc and 1-4 against Noter Dame. Then during his one good season, right after the regular season and before the bowl game he resigned to take the LSU job. Low class thing to do all the way.

Saban has never comitted to one program for longer than 5 years. First time someone offers him more money than Alabama he'll be gone.

Keep drinking that kool-aid dude and check out the facts cause you don't know what your talking about. But if you want to, show that you got some balls like Tennessee and schedule to play us home and home. Ya'll won't cause ya'll are afraid that some big mean team outside the SEC migth actually beat your or you might have to play in some bone chilling 60 degree weather.

WinterBorn
09-23-2009, 05:15 AM
Dude, you don't know what you're talking about. Tressel and Saban have never coached against each other as head coaches.

Saban had one good season in the big 10, he was 1-4 against Mich, 1-4 against OSU, 1-4 against Wisc and 1-4 against Noter Dame. Then during his one good season, right after the regular season and before the bowl game he resigned to take the LSU job. Low class thing to do all the way.

Saban has never comitted to one program for longer than 5 years. First time someone offers him more money than Alabama he'll be gone.

Keep drinking that kool-aid dude and check out the facts cause you don't know what your talking about. But if you want to, show that you got some balls like Tennessee and schedule to play us home and home. Ya'll won't cause ya'll are afraid that some big mean team outside the SEC migth actually beat your or you might have to play in some bone chilling 60 degree weather.

You are still harping on the weather? I have played football and can assure you that its far easier to play in 30 degree weather than in 100 degree weather, especially with a high humidity.

Mott the Hoople
09-23-2009, 10:46 AM
You are still harping on the weather? I have played football and can assure you that its far easier to play in 30 degree weather than in 100 degree weather, especially with a high humidity.
Never played football but worked out lots in both extremes. I'll take the heat any day. I hate coldweather! LOL

WinterBorn
09-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Never played football but worked out lots in both extremes. I'll take the heat any day. I hate coldweather! LOL

Cold weather is tough on the QB. But the WRs wear gloves and that helps a little. I remember steam coming off all of us, and that was in Alabama.

To get warm in cold weather you cover up (pads, jerseys, ect) and keep moving (easy to do).

In hot weather you can't keep enough fluids in to stay hydrated.

Look at the number of medical emergencies there are at football practices all over the place in the summer. Never heard of any after it turns cold.

belme1201
09-24-2009, 12:09 AM
I have heard that over and over again for over 20 years. The steel town part is true. The Speed vs Bulk is a bunch of Baloney. I bet OSU has more players with sub 4.5 40 speed then either Bama or Florida. What is true is that we don't have a play off and there's no way in the world to tell "Who has the best conference" other then there are a lot of southern sportwriters. Maybe the SEC is #1 because there are more journalism majors coming out of SEC schools then any other conference. My only frustration is that we don't have a play off system to dispell the SEC myth. You ever notice that the SEC runs away from non-conference competition and in Bowl games they seed higher rated SEC teams against lower rated opponents (and by that I don't neccessarily mean polls. How often do they put the #2 SEC team against the #3 or #4 Big 10 of Big 12 team?) usually in some southern city and then blow a lot of smoke about their superiority. That's all's it is. Smoke and hot air. Until we have a national championship tournament and the SEC can win 3 or 4 in a row, then I might start to believe.

I am a betting man but there is no way to prove your bet which I would love to take. One could say the proof of the pudding is in the eating and the fact is the Big 10 ain't what it used to be.
The 'U' has had at least one first round draft choice to the NFL every year for 19 seasons, a college record. The 3 Florida Majors have more players in the NFL(UM #1) than any other state, the reason is speed on either side of the ball.(Winterborn got it right.) I live in UF country and there is no need for me to tout their prowess, the evidence is in the record, but, consequently, I get little UM or FSU news. That said, pro and college, I saw some of the greatest games I had ever seen in the same week. I would suggest if there was any way possible to see it again, do so. The UM/FSU game involved the 2 fastest teams I have ever seen on the same field and on both sides of the ball. Bowden called it one of the 2 best games he had ever been involved in. I really recommend it for great football viewing, it was amazing.
By the way, ESPN stats, 4 out of the 5 most watched regular season football games ever broadcast involved the 3 Florida teams with Miami being in all 4 of them. One FSU/Miami game in the late 90s had 57 future NFL players on the field. That is why I said what I said about the Big 10 second tier. Is Northwestern improving or is the league going down to meet them? Let's also not forget the fact that 3 major conferences, the SEC, ACC, and Big East all recruit in and represent the same geographic area, there must be a reason.

Mott the Hoople
09-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Cold weather is tough on the QB. But the WRs wear gloves and that helps a little. I remember steam coming off all of us, and that was in Alabama.

To get warm in cold weather you cover up (pads, jerseys, ect) and keep moving (easy to do).

In hot weather you can't keep enough fluids in to stay hydrated.

Look at the number of medical emergencies there are at football practices all over the place in the summer. Never heard of any after it turns cold.
Dude, I agree, it's much easier to play in 30 deg weather than 90 deg.

But Dude, you've never played in cold weather if you think 30 deg is cold cause up here....30 deg is not considered cold weather. Hell that's jacket weather! LOL. That's just a warm sunny winter day up here. On the other hand, try playing when it's 30 deg with sleet/snow/rain combo (fairly common fall conditions up here) or better yet, try playing when it's 10 deg or colder. Then tell me about playing in cold weather vs. hot. The ground doesn't freeze solild at 30. It does at 10 and then it's like playing in a parking lot and the ball is hard as rock and will break fingers even if you are wearing gloves. Why in the world would anyone wear gloves in warm weather like 30? They whimps or something? LOL

Try playing in 10 deg or colder and 90 deg+ and tell me which is harder to acclimate too.

Buffalo Soldier
09-25-2009, 11:09 AM
No one drops out from cold. Heat drops em like fly. All the slow players stat on the slow cold fields.

Mott the Hoople
09-25-2009, 11:34 AM
I am a betting man but there is no way to prove your bet which I would love to take. One could say the proof of the pudding is in the eating and the fact is the Big 10 ain't what it used to be.
The 'U' has had at least one first round draft choice to the NFL every year for 19 seasons, a college record. The 3 Florida Majors have more players in the NFL(UM #1) than any other state, the reason is speed on either side of the ball.(Winterborn got it right.) I live in UF country and there is no need for me to tout their prowess, the evidence is in the record, but, consequently, I get little UM or FSU news. That said, pro and college, I saw some of the greatest games I had ever seen in the same week. I would suggest if there was any way possible to see it again, do so. The UM/FSU game involved the 2 fastest teams I have ever seen on the same field and on both sides of the ball. Bowden called it one of the 2 best games he had ever been involved in. I really recommend it for great football viewing, it was amazing.
By the way, ESPN stats, 4 out of the 5 most watched regular season football games ever broadcast involved the 3 Florida teams with Miami being in all 4 of them. One FSU/Miami game in the late 90s had 57 future NFL players on the field. That is why I said what I said about the Big 10 second tier. Is Northwestern improving or is the league going down to meet them? Let's also not forget the fact that 3 major conferences, the SEC, ACC, and Big East all recruit in and represent the same geographic area, there must be a reason.
Well this wasn't a discussion on the State of Florida, it was about the SEC. There's no doubt, right now Florida is the biggest hot bed of high school recruiting talent in the country, followed by California, Texas, Ohio and New York. But this SEC mythology about SEC superiority is just that. A myth.

As for Ohio State, well maybe the NFL knows something the SEC fans don't because more Buckeyes have been drafted in the last 10 years then from any other college. So they must be doing something right up here in Columbus.

BTW, Topper. OSU has had 50% more players drafted by the NFL then LSWho! LOL

WinterBorn
09-25-2009, 11:55 AM

But Dude, you've never played in cold weather if you think 30 deg is cold cause up here....30 deg is not considered cold weather. Hell that's jacket weather! LOL. That's just a warm sunny winter day up here. On the other hand, try playing when it's 30 deg with sleet/snow/rain combo (fairly common fall conditions up here) or better yet, try playing when it's 10 deg or colder. Then tell me about playing in cold weather vs. hot. The ground doesn't freeze solild at 30. It does at 10 and then it's like playing in a parking lot and the ball is hard as rock and will break fingers even if you are wearing gloves. Why in the world would anyone wear gloves in warm weather like 30? They whimps or something? LOL

Try playing in 10 deg or colder and 90 deg+ and tell me which is harder to acclimate too.

And all of this cold has what to do with who is the better football team?

Ok, so I was off in the numbers I posted for temperatures. But my post still holds true.

You want people to essentially play in a parking lot and risk broken fingers from a frozen ball so you can tell who is the better football team? huh?

And, even with lots of teams in the far north, there are way more players taken out by the heat than the cold.

Buffalo Soldier
09-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Well this wasn't a discussion on the State of Florida, it was about the SEC. There's no doubt, right now Florida is the biggest hot bed of high school recruiting talent in the country, followed by California, Texas, Ohio and New York. But this SEC mythology about SEC superiority is just that. A myth.

As for Ohio State, well maybe the NFL knows something the SEC fans don't because more Buckeyes have been drafted in the last 10 years then from any other college. So they must be doing something right up here in Columbus.

Well I sure hope malcom Jenkins is as advertised. Lsu has way more first rounders. And back to college LSU has 2 nc this decade. We have more national champs you prob have more chess clubs.

Cancel5
09-25-2009, 02:10 PM
May we please talk about my Jayhawks... Didn't we beat up on Nothern Colorado?

Minister of Truth
09-26-2009, 01:41 PM

LOL I live in the temperate paradise of the Pacific Northwest where God abolished extremes (minus the occasional summer heat, like the 103 Seattle got this summer, and 108 Olympia got), and I don't even consider 30 degrees to be cold!

Mott the Hoople
09-27-2009, 05:35 AM
No one drops out from cold. Heat drops em like fly. All the slow players stat on the slow cold fields.Un huh, come up here on a cold day and tell me how easy it is. I've done both. Hot is easier and less painful then cold.

Mott the Hoople
09-27-2009, 05:51 AM
And all of this cold has what to do with who is the better football team?

Ok, so I was off in the numbers I posted for temperatures. But my post still holds true.

You want people to essentially play in a parking lot and risk broken fingers from a frozen ball so you can tell who is the better football team? huh?

And, even with lots of teams in the far north, there are way more players taken out by the heat than the cold.What does it have to do with the SEC? I'm throwing the hat down. I'm saying that they can't deal with adversity. Particularly from mother nature. (not to mention that their running away from good non-conf teams). Look at how silly LSWho looked yesterday. It rained during the first quarter and they played a cupcake team like Mississippi State and it looked like a womans mud wrestling match. They came with in 4 inches of losing to a real weak team.

It also points out the SEC bias In the media I've been talking about that propagates the SEC mythology. In ESPN's coverage alls they did was brag about LSWho's heroic game and goal line stand when in fact they played poorly and almost lost to a poor team. OSU on the other hand played the entire game in a downpoor and utterly dominated Illinois (granted not exactly national champ caliber either) in every phase of the game and shut them out 30 to 0 and ESPN says "Well if a 30 to 0 game could be called sloppy, this was it.". Well Ohio State played a hell of a lot better under worse weather conditions than LSU did and that's a fact.

On a side note, How about those Hawkeyes? I told you they were good. They have a brutal road schedule. Doesn't look good for my Buckeyes either. The last week of the season we play PSU, IA and MI all in a row. I doubt we win all of those.

Mott the Hoople
09-27-2009, 05:53 AM
Well I sure hope malcom Jenkins is as advertised. Lsu has way more first rounders. And back to college LSU has 2 nc this decade. We have more national champs you prob have more chess clubs.
LSU has 3 NC, OSU has 5. Minnessotta has more NC's then LSWho. There's only one national championship caliber team in the SEC this year and it's Bama.

WinterBorn
09-27-2009, 10:05 AM
LSU has 3 NC, OSU has 5. Minnessotta has more NC's then LSWho. There's only one national championship caliber team in the SEC this year and it's Bama.

Mott, I have argued with you about whether the weather in football.

But in this post you show why you won your award. Absolutely brilliant.

belme1201
09-27-2009, 11:32 PM

I don't know how to discuss the quality of a conference without discussing recruiting. Yes, the Buckeyes had 70 drafts in the same time Miami had 69, however, Miami's 27 first rounders far surpasses any other school, they also must be doing something right.(Even though they lost to VTech.) The other 2 Fla. major teams are also among the NFL draft leaders. As I said before, the days of the football player coming out of the steel mills and coal mines are long gone and it has made a big difference in the major schools of years past and the perennial powers of today.
By the way, I wouldn't poo-poo Florida's chances for a repeat, no guarantees, but certainly better than a small chance. They're a helluva a good, team, obviously better than the "Beast" or other teams in that neighborhood.

Mott the Hoople
09-28-2009, 10:30 AM
I don't know how to discuss the quality of a conference without discussing recruiting. Yes, the Buckeyes had 70 drafts in the same time Miami had 69, however, Miami's 27 first rounders far surpasses any other school, they also must be doing something right.(Even though they lost to VTech.) The other 2 Fla. major teams are also among the NFL draft leaders. As I said before, the days of the football player coming out of the steel mills and coal mines are long gone and it has made a big difference in the major schools of years past and the perennial powers of today.
By the way, I wouldn't poo-poo Florida's chances for a repeat, no guarantees, but certainly better than a small chance. They're a helluva a good, team, obviously better than the "Beast" or other teams in that neighborhood.
Sorry, OSU has 77 draft picks with 19 1st rounders to Miami's 65 (not 69) draft picks with 26 first rounders in the last 10 years .

Well I don't think anyone poo-poo's Florida's chances. With the cupcake scehdule they have and the SEC Bias of the pollsters they have a solid shot, if they can get past the SEC west champ and Both Bama and Auborn look better than Florida and LSU looks like they can play them pretty good too. I doubt this is Florida's year.

I also fail to see how anything having to do with Miami has anything to do with the SEC? Ohio State proved in 2002 that Miami was over rated and ended their so called dynasty and they didn't look to hot this weekend either. Florida State and Miami are middle of the road football teams playing in a basketball conference. They would compete well against the MAC or the Moutain West or Big East and other Basketball conferences like the ACC but arean't in the same league as the Big 10, Big 12, Pag 10 or SEC and haven't been since 2001.

Buffalo Soldier
09-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Funny how the Ohio Slow guy wants to keep pissing on the SEC championship Rug.
Move on little puppy

Cancel5
09-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Funny how the Ohio Slow guy wants to keep pissing on the SEC championship Rug.
Move on little puppy
Rock, chalk Jayhawk! We are whippin ass and taking names! Look out Iowa State, cause here we come!

belme1201
09-28-2009, 03:30 PM
Sorry, OSU has 77 draft picks with 19 1st rounders to Miami's 65 (not 69) draft picks with 26 first rounders in the last 10 years .

Well I don't think anyone poo-poo's Florida's chances. With the cupcake scehdule they have and the SEC Bias of the pollsters they have a solid shot, if they can get past the SEC west champ and Both Bama and Auborn look better than Florida and LSU looks like they can play them pretty good too. I doubt this is Florida's year.

I also fail to see how anything having to do with Miami has anything to do with the SEC? Ohio State proved in 2002 that Miami was over rated and ended their so called dynasty and they didn't look to hot this weekend either. Florida State and Miami are middle of the road football teams playing in a basketball conference. They would compete well against the MAC or the Moutain West or Big East and other Basketball conferences like the ACC but arean't in the same league as the Big 10, Big 12, Pag 10 or SEC and haven't been since 2001.

The numbers I quoted are from Sports Illustrated.
Refresh my memory, which ranked teams did OSU, Penn St., or Mich play this year? They're the only 3, farther down, ranked teams in the Big Ten and except for the OSU/USC game which they lost, all three have played also-rans. At the same time, I'll repeat, 3 of the first 4 ranked teams are in the SEC, Auburn and Georgia not among them and even those 2 would be contenders if in the Big Ten.
The reality is, just follow the sunshine for quality college football, Dixie, the Southwest, and California have now supplanted the slower style game of the Big Ten, Notre Dame and other former Eastern powers. I believe OSU has 8 or 9 Florida kids on the team, as many as from their next door neighbors, Michigan and Pennsylvania, "there must be a reason" that they recruit that strongly so far afield.
Was that OSU/Miami game the one decided by an end of game interference call in the 2nd OT? I don't think that was exactly a humiliating romp.
I think one can safely say VTech is a much better team than Iowa, Illinois, or Indiana, the 3 teams your "powers" played!
Our "basketball conferences" for the past 2 decades have produced 11 national FOOTBALL champions, more than all the others combined.(Oh yes, we win baketball titles too.) The final results are based on a game not judge's biases.
I can't say I blame you for being blinded by a longing for the good old days, fear not, I got over it, you probably can also.