PDA

View Full Version : APP - censure

Don Quixote
09-10-2009, 01:57 AM
should the representative that yelled liar at the president during his speech be censured

Blackwater Lunchbreak
09-10-2009, 04:55 AM
No. He should be made president himself, for having the audacity of truth.

Damocles
09-10-2009, 05:45 AM
Absolutely not.

Don Quixote
09-10-2009, 06:44 AM
Absolutely not.

i think he should, but why do you not think not

ps what are the rules governing such

Blackwater Lunchbreak
09-10-2009, 06:47 AM

Just shut your whiny hole and grow up.

meme
09-10-2009, 06:47 AM
I think a public hanging would be the only thing that will satisfy the left..

Damocles
09-10-2009, 06:49 AM

Why would you believe that somebody deserves censure for an outburst during a speech?

Cancel 2018. 3
09-10-2009, 07:03 AM
do the dems deserve censure for booing during bush's sotu address?

Don Quixote
09-10-2009, 07:05 AM
Why would you believe that somebody deserves censure for an outburst during a speech?

public civility?

however, if someone made an outburst from the gallery, they would be ejected

and i asked what are the rules of the congress

normally, i am a supporter of the first amendment, but such comments should be restricted to their own speech or an after comment

however, subsequently, the author has apologized so the point may be moot

maineman
09-10-2009, 07:05 AM
do the dems deserve censure for booing during bush's sotu address?

you are equating booing with calling the president a LIAR? really?

Blackwater Lunchbreak
09-10-2009, 07:06 AM

oh, save the faux outrage. Then get a life.

Damocles
09-10-2009, 07:06 AM
public civility?

however, if someone made an outburst from the gallery, they would be ejected

and i asked what are the rules of the congress

normally, i am a supporter of the first amendment, but such comments should be restricted to their own speech or an after comment

however, subsequently, the author has apologized so the point may be moot
Please. Booing during the SOTU address is "fine" one lame and rude outburst deserves censure? Consistency man.

Damocles
09-10-2009, 07:07 AM
:rolleyes:

Cancel 2018. 3
09-10-2009, 07:11 AM

^lol^

if that is all you have, thanks for admitting your hypocrisy

Don Quixote
09-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Please. Booing during the SOTU address is "fine" one lame and rude outburst deserves censure? Consistency man.

missed that one, but is booing the same as calling someone a liar without waiting for the actual bill

however, neither is civil

and once more, what are the congressional rules on the subject

maybe heckling is what is to be expected

meme
09-10-2009, 07:13 AM
did they censure all the Dems who booed Bush or did anyone even call for it..

good gawd, let be real here..

Cancel 2016.2
09-10-2009, 07:14 AM

Yes, both have the same effect... they are a negative that interrupts a speech.

That said, I would prefer if neither of the events were to occur. The individual rep that shouted Liar realized it was inappropriate and apologized for it. A bit more than those who booed did.

Damocles
09-10-2009, 07:14 AM
missed that one, but is booing the same as calling someone a liar without waiting for the actual bill

however, neither is civil

and once more, what are the congressional rules on the subject

maybe heckling is what is to be expected
Yes, it is pretty much the same except for it being only one guy rather than a crowd.

And I actually don't know the rules of a joint session, if the SOTU address is any measure this dude's outburst is almost nothing compared to what is sanctioned and supported. Heckling isn't expected by me though, or by the party. If you watch the reaction the Rs turned to look in surprise, and McCain and others stated (and the gentleman in question offered) that he needed to apologize immediately.

I think that what he did was rude, lame, and inappropriate. It deserves to be handled as something that is rude, lame, and inappropriate, with an apology.

Cancel 2018. 3
09-10-2009, 07:22 AM
Yes, both have the same effect... they are a negative that interrupts a speech.

That said, I would prefer if neither of the events were to occur. The individual rep that shouted Liar realized it was inappropriate and apologized for it. A bit more than those who booed did.

my thoughts more or less

Don Quixote
09-10-2009, 07:23 AM
Yes, it is pretty much the same except for it being only one guy rather than a crowd.

And I actually don't know the rules of a joint session, if the SOTU address is any measure this dude's outburst is almost nothing compared to what is sanctioned and supported. Heckling isn't expected by me though, or by the party. If you watch the reaction the Rs turned to look in surprise, and McCain and others stated (and the gentleman in question offered) that he needed to apologize immediately.

I think that what he did was rude, lame, and inappropriate. It deserves to be handled as something that is rude, lame, and inappropriate, with an apology.

i think that the difference is between disagreeing and calling someone a liar

Damocles
09-10-2009, 07:27 AM
I think that the difference in such a case is minuscule. If you disagree that the bill contains something that is there, that somebody else says is not, one of them will be right and the other will be wrong. It is abrupt, it is direct, it may even be rude to be so direct rather than giving them an out with "mistaken" or some other word, but it is no different than disagreeing.

Bonestorm
09-10-2009, 07:27 AM
From the Rules of Decorum and Debate in the House:

Members must:

* Address themselves solely and directly to the Chair. They may not address other Members, individuals in the gallery, or persons who might be observing through the media.

* Refer to Members by state, not by name.

* Avoid characterizing another Member's personal intent or motives and discussing personalities.

* Refrain from speaking disrespectfully of the Speaker, other Members, the President or Vice President.

* Refrain from referring to the official conduct of other Members where such conduct is not under consideration by way of a report of the Committee on Standards of Official Conduct or as a question of the privilege of the House.

* Refrain from referring to the specific votes of particular Senators.

* Refrain from using profane or vulgar language.

* Avoid walking in the well when a Member is speaking.

* Ensure that all handouts distributed on the floor or adjacent rooms comport with the rules of propriety for spoken words, and that all handouts bear the name of the authorizing Member.

* Refrain from eating, smoking, or using electronic equipment, including cellular phones or lap top computers, on the floor.

* Wear appropriate business attire.

He should at least receive a sternly written letter.

Blackwater Lunchbreak
09-10-2009, 07:28 AM

LOl.

You're a total pussy.

Cancel 2018. 3
09-10-2009, 07:30 AM

you should really watch the video of the dems booing bush.....they booed his claims, IOW.....their boos were calling him a liar

meme
09-10-2009, 07:32 AM
maybe Pelosi should give him a public spanking..

Damocles
09-10-2009, 07:34 AM
maybe Pelosi should give him a public spanking..
Great. Now I have to go bleach my brain to get that picture out of it.

meme
09-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Great. Now I have to go bleach my brain to get that picture out of it.

lol

Topspin
09-10-2009, 07:46 AM
When did either side apologize for booing, prob never.
This white trash fool couldn't apologize fast enough. Comical

Topspin
09-10-2009, 07:47 AM
If repubs want to save the last stictch of respect they have they will do it.

meme
09-10-2009, 07:49 AM
at least he had the class to apologize..something you don't ever see from the lefties..

I'm so over it already...marching onward to take down the slime..

charver
09-10-2009, 07:53 AM
at least he had the class to apologize..something you don't ever see from the lefties..

If this chap was going to back down and issue a whimpering apology almost immediately what was the point of him piping up in the first place?

I'd have more respect for him if he had any balls at all.

meme
09-10-2009, 07:56 AM
If this chap was going to back down and issue a whimpering apology almost immediately what was the point of him piping up in the first place?

well you see the reaction from the left..he probably was thinking of the safety of his family..

charver
09-10-2009, 07:56 AM
well you see the reaction from the left..he probably was thinking of the safety of his family..

You mean he was a grandstanding coward?

meme
09-10-2009, 08:00 AM
You mean he was a grandstanding coward?

sheesh charver..:rolleyes:

charver
09-10-2009, 08:02 AM
sheesh charver..:rolleyes:

What?

If you're going to stand up and say something to a watching audience of millions then you should be prepared to stand behind it, no?

Jarod
The guy apologized, thats enough for me.

Still, depending on the rules of the House of Rep's, he might should face a censure.

Just because some Democrats booed Bush does not make it right to shout Liar to the President of the United States during a joint address to congress.

Hell, calling someone a liar is not even allowed on this section of Justplainpolitics.

Cancel 2018. 3
The guy apologized, thats enough for me.

Still, depending on the rules of the House of Rep's, he might should face a censure.

Just because some Democrats booed Bush does not make it right to shout Liar to the President of the United States during a State of the Union address.

Hell, calling someone a liar is not even allowed on this section of Justplainpolitics.

so you support the dems booing?

Cancel 2018. 3
09-10-2009, 08:03 AM

uh.....he said it was an accidental outburst, caught up on the moment....:pke:

charver
09-10-2009, 08:04 AM
uh.....he said it was an accidental outburst, caught up on the moment....:pke:

Oh yeah, like the "accidental outburst" when i told the congregation at my friend's wedding that his wife was a "filthy whore".

That all ended happily as well.

meme
09-10-2009, 08:05 AM
see how the twisting come out...He didn't call the Hugo a LIAR..

he called out a point he was making as a LIE..

Jarod
09-10-2009, 08:05 AM

No, where did I say that?, Can you read?

I said, just because Dems booed Bush does not make what this guy did right!

meme
09-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Oh yeah, like the "accidental outburst" when i told the congregation at my friend's wedding that his wife was a "filthy whore".

That all ended happily as well.

oh man, I would of paid money to see that..

:lmao:

Bonestorm
09-10-2009, 08:12 AM

Now there's a distinction that makes a world of a difference.

meme
09-10-2009, 08:14 AM
Now there's a distinction that makes a world of a difference.

I thought so..:pke:

uscitizen
09-10-2009, 08:14 AM
There was booing at last nights speech as well.

uscitizen
09-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Again. how did someone with so little self control ever survive in politics and get elected to congress?

Cancel 2018. 3
09-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Again. how did someone with so little self control ever survive in politics and get elected to congress?

really......no elected official has ever exhibited lack of self control....

good lord....you're lucky this is the APP....because that statement is has to be the most #$##%$^%$ statment ever

Cancel 2018. 3
09-10-2009, 08:19 AM
No, where did I say that?, Can you read?

I said, just because Dems booed Bush does not make what this guy did right!

hence the ? in my post

care to answer it?

meme
09-10-2009, 08:19 AM

at least he didn't threaten to throw him out a window..

good grief..you all aren't for real with this..:rolleyes:

Damocles
09-10-2009, 08:20 AM
If repubs want to save the last stictch of respect they have they will do it.
LOL. Seriously, and your party had the gall to say that Sarah couldn't take the heat.

Damocles
09-10-2009, 08:21 AM

:D

Damocles
09-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Please. If this was the worst moment of lack of decorum that he ever had, then he's doing better than almost every single person in the US.

Jarod
09-10-2009, 08:27 AM
hence the ? in my post

care to answer it?

I do not belive the Democrats should have booed Bush during the SOTU.

Jarod
09-10-2009, 08:28 AM
There was booing at last nights speech as well.

True, good point, and you dont hear anyone complaining of that!

Damocles
09-10-2009, 08:29 AM
True, good point, and you dont hear anyone complaining of that!
Because the booing was for this guy's outburst. At least the booing I heard was.

Jarod
09-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Because the booing was for this guy's outburst. At least the booing I heard was.

I heard booing from Republicans when Obama was calling them out over certian falsities that had been spread.

Damocles
09-10-2009, 08:32 AM
I heard booing from Republicans when Obama was calling them out over certian falsities that had been spread.
I don't remember it. While he was supposedly "calling them out" about illegal aliens and abortion is when the guy's outburst came, and booing was for his outburst. The President continued talking, so it happened about when he started talking about abortion, but it was not for what the President was saying.

charver
09-10-2009, 08:34 AM

Maybe some were booing Obama, some were booing the outburst and some were booing the people who were booing?

It would be a lot easier to attribute intent if they had simply opted for throwing objects at the person they disagreed with.

uscitizen
09-10-2009, 08:34 AM

I thought the booing was in support of Wilson. Or better to say against the President.
I would like to have been actually watching the crowd when it happened.

Damocles
09-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Maybe some were booing Obama, some were booing the outburst and some were booing the people who were booing?

It would be a lot easier to attribute intent if they had simply opted for throwing objects at the person they disagreed with.
True. Or if they had cards that depicted the intended target of the boo.

Jarod
09-10-2009, 08:36 AM
I don't remember it. While he was supposedly "calling them out" about illegal aliens and abortion is when the guy's outburst came, and booing was for his outburst. The President continued talking, so it happened about when he started talking about abortion, but it was not for what the President was saying.

I may be wrong, but the boos I rember were prior to the "liar" shout.

charver
09-10-2009, 08:39 AM

You'd have to have cards showing the faces of the intended booees (if that isn't a word, it damn well is now) in order to include small children, dyslexia sufferers, and the illiterate, in political procedure.

Damocles
09-10-2009, 08:47 AM
You'd have to have cards showing the faces of the intended booees (if that isn't a word, it damn well is now) in order to include small children, dyslexia sufferers, and the illiterate, in political procedure.
We could just use a color code and a chart. The cards need to be easily seen, pictures might be difficult.

PostmodernProphet
09-10-2009, 09:00 AM

I suspect that's where the tradition of throwing rotting vegetables started....less ambiguous....

maineman
09-10-2009, 12:10 PM

a finely split hair.

bravo!

Cancel 2018. 3
09-10-2009, 02:07 PM
I do not belive the Democrats should have booed Bush during the SOTU.

ok....should they be censured?

cancel2 2022
09-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Absolutely not.

If that happened in Parliament he would have been thrown out there and then. There are a number of forbidden words and liar is one of them.

Blackwater Lunchbreak
09-10-2009, 02:33 PM
If that happened in Parliament he would have been thrown out there and then. There are a number of forbidden words and liar is one of them.

That's why parliament sucks.

ZappasGuitar
09-10-2009, 03:43 PM
That's why parliament sucks.

I don't know, I like them when they had Bootise on Bass! but Funkadelic was definitely the best.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-10-2009, 03:47 PM
should the representative that yelled liar at the president during his speech be censured

Absolutely, if not impeached.

Cancel5
09-10-2009, 03:48 PM

Slap his pee pee, I am sure there will be many Republican volunteers!

FUCK THE POLICE
09-10-2009, 03:48 PM

LOL but your parliament is like a million times more rowdy.

Cancel5
09-10-2009, 03:56 PM
LOL. Seriously, and your party had the gall to say that Sarah couldn't take the heat.
Not my party, but she couldn't and can't, by her own admission.

Cancel5
09-10-2009, 03:57 PM
No

Norman Paperman
09-10-2009, 04:13 PM

No.

cancel2 2022
09-10-2009, 04:29 PM
LOL but your parliament is like a million times more rowdy.

Yes it is, but the language used is rigorously enforced.

Cancel 2018. 3
09-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Yes it is, but the language used is rigorously enforced.

are you @$#^%$^# serious? you can't say: "you lie"

maineman
09-10-2009, 06:46 PM
are you @$#^%$^# serious? you can't say: "you lie"

you are SUCH a hack

Cancel 2018. 3
09-10-2009, 06:51 PM
you are SUCH a hack

you're weird, seriously....

how anything in that post could be considered hack is beyond belief....i make a joke using @$#$#%% since its APP and then i ask a question....yep....

i'm a hack.....

maineman is the intellectual god of this forum....let us bow down immediately and give thanks

maineman
09-10-2009, 07:02 PM

how anything in that post could be considered hack is beyond belief....i make a joke using @$#$#%% since its APP and then i ask a question....yep....

i'm a hack.....

maineman is the intellectual god of this forum....let us bow down immediately and give thanks

the fact that you find nothing objrctionable about a republican congressman calling the president a liar in the house chamber during a joint address to congress is PROOF that you are a hack.

Cancel 2018. 3
09-10-2009, 07:09 PM
the fact that you find nothing objrctionable about a republican congressman calling the president a liar in the house chamber during a joint address to congress is PROOF that you are a hack.

unfortunately for you, your post is wrong.....or a lie.....

i suggest reading what i've said on the matter....

you should take that advice for other posts as well....save you from looking like a total idiot

meme
09-10-2009, 07:11 PM
you should take that advice for other posts as well....save you from looking like a total idiot

ain't nothing can help that one..

Cancel 2018. 3
09-10-2009, 07:18 PM
ain't nothing can help that one..

its the APP...so i was trying to help :cool:

maineman
09-10-2009, 07:19 PM
unfortunately for you, your post is wrong.....or a lie.....

i suggest reading what i've said on the matter....

Cancel 2018. 3
09-10-2009, 07:31 PM

well.....sadly...you've now elevated your claims to an outright lie....and are engaging in unprovoked personal insults....

suggestion....search this board for "lack of decorum"

i'm not going to continue this obvious attempt by you to derail this thread by personally attacking me in this forum (APP).....look it up...you're wrong maineman....and if you want my help on what the quote means....PM me

maineman
09-10-2009, 07:33 PM
well.....sadly...you've now elevated your claims to an outright lie....and are engaging in unprovoked personal insults....

suggestion....search this board for "lack of decorum"

i'm not going to continue this obvious attempt by you to derail this thread by personally attacking me in this forum (APP).....look it up...you're wrong maineman....and if you want my help on what the quote means....PM me

you are the one who equated booing to calling the president a liar. not me.

hack.

Minister of Truth
09-10-2009, 09:40 PM
you are the one who equated booing to calling the president a liar. not me.

hack.

http://sleekupload.com/uploads_jpg/20/facepalm_4.jpg

belme1201
09-10-2009, 11:24 PM
It should be noted that Mr Wilson's largest funding source is the Healthcare Industry. He has collected almost $250,000 from them which goes a long way in a namby pamby District such as his. In other words, he's not a hero but just another bought-and-paid-for politician doing the bidding of his owners.

belme1201
09-10-2009, 11:57 PM

The above rules are for members when the body is in regular session, however there is a different protocol in force here. The President or any other visiting dignitary can speak to a session of Congress only by invitation, therefore at such speeches, State of the Union included, he is considered a guest and afforded the courtesy granted a guest whether it be the President, the Pope, or any other foreign dignitary. If bush was booed it was equally as wrong as Mr Wilson's faux pas.

USFREEDOM911
09-11-2009, 01:14 AM

i'm a hack.....

Can't we just nail him to a cross instead??

Jarod
09-11-2009, 07:32 AM
ok....should they be censured?

That depends on the rules of the Sennate and House.

DamnYankee
09-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Censure the President for lying.

Jarod
09-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Censure the President for lying.

Bush is no longer president, but I guess they could do it retroactivly.

Mott the Hoople
09-11-2009, 08:47 AM
No. His boorish behavior should be ignored. Besides, he did apologise. He did more harm to himself by looking like an ass then anything else.

Mott the Hoople
09-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Sure. Both were boorish and rude behavior. I didn't care for Bush as President. He wasn't exactly one of our best. But the office does deserve our respect.

Damocles
09-11-2009, 09:09 AM
No. His boorish behavior should be ignored. Besides, he did apologise. He did more harm to himself by looking like an ass then anything else.
I'm not so sure. He may get a boost of cash inflow from the uber-kool aid drinkers of the party while the rest of the nation sees it as not much of a big deal.

Blackwater Lunchbreak
09-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm not so sure. He may get a boost of cash inflow from the uber-kool aid drinkers of the party while the rest of the nation sees it as not much of a big deal.

Wow damo. You're such a "reasonable moderate". So full of sense and pragmatism.

Damocles
09-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Wow damo. You're such a "reasonable moderate". So full of sense and pragmatism.
M'eh. I just try reading the flow without my partisan blinders on.

I'm thinking he'll be re-elected just fine even with everybody trying to tell me that the end of the republican party is nigh. Personally I thought he was likely wrong (that Obama was lying) until I found out that any verification whatsoever had been rejected by the Ds.

It would be like making a law that says there will be no more increase of CO2 from companies then rejecting any means of testing for emissions whatsoever, in fact voting down different ways of testing it. It wouldn't matter how strongly it was worded, if there is no way to test then CO2 would increase. I could say, "but it is right there in the bill." and it still would be a lie if I knew that such verification was specifically left out.

Canceled2
09-11-2009, 01:57 PM

He apologized for stating it rudely he has not backed down from his opinion.

Jarod
09-11-2009, 03:28 PM
He backed down from the word lie.

Cancel 2018. 3
09-11-2009, 07:06 PM
He backed down from the word lie.

i don't believe that is accurate....he says he won't be muzzled and hasn't backed off his criticism of the plan....i believe he solely apologized for the outburst

belme1201
09-11-2009, 08:36 PM
i don't believe that is accurate....he says he won't be muzzled and hasn't backed off his criticism of the plan....i believe he solely apologized for the outburst

...and he remains in the pockets of the for-profit healthcare industry. No hero he.

meme
09-11-2009, 08:38 PM
and the Hugo Obama is in the pocket of the Unions, Lawyers, Acorn, the middle east etc etc etc..

hope we make it through 3 more years..

maineman
09-11-2009, 08:46 PM
and the Hugo Obama is in the pocket of the Unions, Lawyers, Acorn, the middle east etc etc etc..

hope we make it through 3 more years..

seven, actually.:clink:

belme1201
09-11-2009, 09:29 PM
seven, actually.:clink:

Then Hillary for 8 more.

maineman
09-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Then Hillary for 8 more.
bingo! :clink:

meme
09-11-2009, 10:49 PM
the Shrillary, man that is desperation there..

uscitizen
09-12-2009, 12:07 AM
hey the author of the healthcare refom bill deserves to be president.

charver
09-12-2009, 04:01 AM
He apologized for stating it rudely he has not backed down from his opinion.

Perhaps, when he gets up off his knees, you can offer to knit Mr Wilson a pair of testicles?

Mott the Hoople
09-12-2009, 06:19 AM
Perhaps, when he gets up off his knees, you can offer to knit Mr Wilson a pair of testicles?BOOYAAAA!! :clink:

TuTu Monroe
09-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Perhaps, when he gets up off his knees, you can offer to knit Mr Wilson a pair of testicles?

Perhaps you can offer to knit Harry Reid a pair of testicles?

Jarod
09-14-2009, 08:09 AM

I belive he backed down from the word "lie" and the manor it was conveyed. He clearly did NOT back down from his opposition to the bill and his belife that it will include illegal aliens.

Jarod
09-14-2009, 08:11 AM
BTW his name is not "Joe" it is "Addison Graves Wilson Sr."!

Jarod
09-14-2009, 08:13 AM
"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the President's remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill, While I disagree with the President's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility."

His comments were "...inappropriate and regrettable..." Not the way he made his comments... but his comments themselves!

Damocles
09-14-2009, 09:01 AM
"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the President's remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill, While I disagree with the President's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility."

His comments were "...inappropriate and regrettable..." Not the way he made his comments... but his comments themselves!
He apologized for the lack of civility, not the comments.

DamnYankee
09-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Jarod nicely demonstrated his lack of reading comprehension skills.

Canceled1
09-14-2009, 09:14 AM

Why's that Charvey? You moved on to bigger and better men? :cof1:

Canceled1
09-14-2009, 09:16 AM
BOOYAAAA!! :clink:

Belly butts look good on you Mott. Kinda goes with the territory.

Jarod
09-14-2009, 09:40 AM
He apologized for the lack of civility, not the comments.

Not true, he appologised for his comments by saying they were inappropriate and regrettable.

DamnYankee
09-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Not true, he appologised for his comments by saying they were inappropriate and regrettable.

"While I disagree with the President's statement....

Damocles
09-14-2009, 09:57 AM

No. Again, actually read the portion that is an apology. "I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility."

He said the statement was inappropriate and regrettable but apologized only for the lack of civility. And inappropriate does not equal "untrue".

He was sorry he was rude.

DamnYankee
09-14-2009, 10:00 AM
This is why liberals can't be trusted to interpret the Constitution. They simply can't read.

Jarod
09-14-2009, 01:12 PM
Okay well, maybe depending on how you stretch the apology you could make that argument... I would maintain that the "this" in, "this lack of civility" was refering to the comments that he had just called "inappropriate and regrettable"!

Regardless he called his comments... "inappropriate and regrettable", he did not call the way he delivered his comments "inappropriate and regrettable".

USFREEDOM911
09-14-2009, 07:51 PM
No. Again, actually read the portion that is an apology. "I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility."

He said the statement was inappropriate and regrettable but apologized only for the lack of civility. And inappropriate does not equal "untrue".

He was sorry he was rude.

Odd how President Obama has accepted the apology; but the Democratic representatives and the liberals on this board, are unable to follow their leaders example.

USFREEDOM911
09-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Okay well, maybe depending on how you stretch the apology you could make that argument... I would maintain that the "this" in, "this lack of civility" was refering to the comments that he had just called "inappropriate and regrettable"!

Regardless he called his comments... "inappropriate and regrettable", he did not call the way he delivered his comments "inappropriate and regrettable".

That would depend on what meaning of "this" this is!!

Jarod
09-15-2009, 06:58 AM
Odd how President Obama has accepted the apology; but the Democratic representatives and the liberals on this board, are unable to follow their leaders example.

Open your eyes and read... its not my appology to accept, but I belive the issue is over, I am merely discussing what was intended by the words of the appology.

Jarod
09-15-2009, 07:00 AM
That would depend on what meaning of "this" this is!!

True, take a constitutional law class, it all depends on the meaning of simple words and what other words they are intended to modify or describe.

christiefan915
09-15-2009, 08:26 AM
This is why liberals can't be trusted to interpret the Constitution. They simply can't read.

This is why liberals can't trust a repub apology, because "apologies" like Wilson's are phony and self-serving.

PostmodernProphet
09-15-2009, 08:32 AM
This is why liberals can't trust a repub apology, because "apologies" like Wilson's are phony and self-serving.

so, basically it's a waste of time to apologize to a liberal?......

Jarod
09-15-2009, 08:43 AM

I do not agree, his apology was not self serving or phony, others are merely trying to change the meaning of the apology to suit other interests or to say he was not really apologizing.

Mott the Hoople
09-15-2009, 03:08 PM
so, basically it's a waste of time to apologize to a liberal?......
Well when the apology is a self serving lie, like Mr. Wilsons was, then yes.

DamnYankee
09-15-2009, 08:19 PM

Sen. Hillary Clinton quickly apologized Friday after citing the June 1968 assassination of Robert F. Kennedy in defending her decision to keep running for the Democratic presidential nomination despite increasingly long odds.

"I regret that if my referencing that moment of trauma for our entire nation and in particular the Kennedy family was in any way offensive. I certainly had no intention of that whatsoever," the former first lady said. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24796393/

TuTu Monroe
09-15-2009, 08:54 PM

Not odd at all, as they are vindictive. Which reminds me, why didn't the Dems demand an apology from Pete Stark when he called Bush a liar from the floor? Hypocrites, you say?

Don Quixote
09-15-2009, 10:48 PM
what most of you are overlooking is that wilson needs to apologize to his colleges for being uncivil to the congress which was in joint session

his outburst was not only rude and uncivil, but also untrue

while nothing in the proposed legislation would prevent an illegal alien (from any nation, there are illegals from more than mexico and central america) from buying non-government subsidized health insurance (in fact, illegals buy health insurance now, from insirance companies that are glad to have their business)

what the legislation does not allow is for an illegal to buy government subsudized health insurance

i am rather curious what happens to the money illegals pay to
fica and medicare since they cannot collect the benefits

USFREEDOM911
09-15-2009, 11:51 PM
Open your eyes and read... its not my appology to accept, but I belive the issue is over, I am merely discussing what was intended by the words of the appology.

And now you are professing that you can read minds and see into another person's meaning!!

christiefan915
09-16-2009, 06:37 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24796393/

She was wrong, and she doesn't get a pass from me for saying what she did.

Jarod
09-16-2009, 07:02 AM
And now you are professing that you can read minds and see into another person's meaning!!

No, words have meanings.... I am profesing that I can read words and see what the meaning of those words are.

PostmodernProphet
09-16-2009, 08:31 AM
No, words have meanings.... I am profesing that I can read words and see what the meaning of those words are.

and if it doesn't suit your purpose, you can always make up a few more....

Damocles
09-16-2009, 08:33 AM
And exactly what are you professing to believe that the specific words in this conversation mean?

DamnYankee
09-16-2009, 09:26 AM
She was wrong, and she doesn't get a pass from me for saying what she did.Wilson didn't lie; Obama did. Why is no one asking Obama to apologize?

Jarod
09-16-2009, 12:23 PM
And exactly what are you professing to believe that the specific words in this conversation mean?

As I said above...

"I would maintain that the "this" in, "this lack of civility" was refering to the comments that he had just called "inappropriate and regrettable"!

Regardless he called his comments... "inappropriate and regrettable", he did not call the way he delivered his comments "inappropriate and regrettable". "

Damocles
09-16-2009, 12:35 PM
As I said above...

"I would maintain that the "this" in, "this lack of civility" was refering to the comments that he had just called "inappropriate and regrettable"!

Regardless he called his comments... "inappropriate and regrettable", he did not call the way he delivered his comments "inappropriate and regrettable". "
Which equates to what in your mind?

Jarod
09-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Which equates to what in your mind?

Him appologizing for the substance of his words as well as the manor in which they were delivered. Do you not remember this discussion.

You argued that the apology was only about the manor the words were delivered. I said the apology covered both based on my reading of the words.

Damocles
09-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Him appologizing for the substance of his words as well as the manor in which they were delivered. Do you not remember this discussion.

You argued that the apology was only about the manor the words were delivered. I said the apology covered both based on my reading of the words.
In what manner? Do you think he believes the words to be factually incorrect?

Cancel 2018. 3
09-16-2009, 12:43 PM

no he did not. he still insisted obama misrepresented the facts....IOW...he still believes obama lied....

Jarod
09-16-2009, 12:46 PM
In what manner? Do you think he believes the words to be factually incorrect?

I think that the appology he issued illistrated a belife that the words were "inapproperate and regrettable", to me I can derive from that, that he professed a belife that the word "lie" was too strong. I also suspect that the apology did not convey his true feelings but merely was crafted to get out of a sticky situation. I do not know the guy so I take his words at face value, and that is that he belived the words to be "inaproperate and regrettable"!

To lie is to intentionally say something that is false. It must be an affirmative falsehood. Just because some illegal alens might commit fraud and get some healthcare does not mean that the healthcare bill provides for it!

Jarod
09-16-2009, 12:48 PM
no he did not. he still insisted obama misrepresented the facts....IOW...he still believes obama lied....

"To misrepresent" is not the same as "to lie", they are close but not exactly the same.

Cancel 2018. 3
09-16-2009, 01:09 PM
"To misrepresent" is not the same as "to lie", they are close but not exactly the same.

he did not apologize for the "lie" part....

"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the President's remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill. While I disagree with the President's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility."

Jarod
09-16-2009, 02:27 PM
he did not apologize for the "lie" part....

"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the President's remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill. While I disagree with the President's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility."

He called the words "you lie" inapproperate and regrettable, then appoligized for "this"!

Cancel 2018. 3
09-16-2009, 02:29 PM
He called the words "you lie" inapproperate and regrettable, then appoligized for "this"!

please point out specifically where he said "the words you lie" were innappropriate and regrettable.....

you can't....the text of his words show he still feels obama lied and apologized for the lack of civility, iow....he apologized for saying it during his speech....he never, ever said he was sorry for specifically calling him a liar....

Jarod
09-17-2009, 07:52 AM
What were his comments?

charver
09-17-2009, 08:01 AM
What were his comments?

Didn't he publish some apology on his website?

Whether those words bore any relation to the words he used when apologising on the phone to the whitehouse is anyone's guess.

Cancel 2018. 3
09-17-2009, 08:16 AM
What were his comments?

i've already posted them a few posts back and if you DON"T know...they why the hell are you making an opinion and why can't you provide the exact wording to back up your claim?

Jarod
09-17-2009, 09:16 AM
please point out specifically where he said "the words you lie" were innappropriate and regrettable.....

you can't....the text of his words show he still feels obama lied and apologized for the lack of civility, iow....he apologized for saying it during his speech....he never, ever said he was sorry for specifically calling him a liar....

What other comments could he have been talking about?

What other comments could he have been calling inapproperate and regrettable?

USFREEDOM911
09-17-2009, 09:22 PM

What you really meant, was what you FEEL those words mean.
You wanted them to mean what you posted and your to full of yourself to ever see anything other then what you want to see.

USFREEDOM911
09-17-2009, 09:23 PM
As I said above...

And most people would KNOW that when someone says the number 57, they MEAN 57.

Jarod
09-18-2009, 06:54 AM
Seems clear to me he called the words, "you lie", dispicable an regrettable, then appologized for those comments.

DamnYankee
09-18-2009, 08:22 AM
Jarod's incessant and childish whining notwithstanding, a censure of Wilson by the House for telling the truth will increase his standing with the voters in his South Carolina district.

charver
09-18-2009, 08:23 AM
Jarod's incessant and childish whining notwithstanding, a censure of Wilson by the House for telling the truth will increase his standing with the voters in his South Carolina district.

Have you ever thought of standing for office, SM?

christiefan915
09-18-2009, 08:28 AM

Unfortunately, that's true.

Jarod
09-18-2009, 08:33 AM

Glad to know I have any power over the voters of SC.

DamnYankee
09-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Have you ever thought of standing for office, SM? Donald Rumsfeld uses a standing office and I did think of trying it once, but the thought of building tall legs for my desk, drafting table and side table was a bit overwhelming.

DamnYankee
09-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Unfortunately, that's true. Not at all. South Carolinians hate a large central government as much as the Founders did.

Jarod
09-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Donald Rumsfeld uses a standing office and I did think of trying it once, but the thought of building tall legs for my desk, drafting table and side table was a bit overwhelming.

I knew a lawyer who did that once.

charver
09-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Donald Rumsfeld uses a standing office and I did think of trying it once, but the thought of building tall legs for my desk, drafting table and side table was a bit overwhelming.

*folds arms and adopts disapproving manner*

Well, if you're not going to answer the question we can continue with this for at least another 20 pages.

DamnYankee
09-18-2009, 09:07 AM
*folds arms and adopts disapproving manner*

Well, if you're not going to answer the question we can continue with this for at least another 20 pages. Perhaps if you'd write in English instead of Cockney I'd understand your question better.

charver
09-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Perhaps if you'd write in English instead of Cockney I'd understand your question better.

Maybe you should learn to accept the heritage of your own language?

And would you care for some jellied eels?

cancel2 2022
09-18-2009, 04:14 PM

Everyone in Dixie apparently knows that Cumbria is awash with Cock 'n' Knees.

charver
09-19-2009, 01:49 AM

You knows it :)

DamnYankee
09-19-2009, 04:53 AM

And would you care for some jellied eels?My language is American English, not Cockney. Would you care for some Rocky Mountain Oysters?

charver
09-19-2009, 05:21 AM
My language is American English, not Cockney. Would you care for some Rocky Mountain Oysters?

Note the "English" part.

Never accept counterfeit goods.

christiefan915
09-19-2009, 10:45 AM

There may be a more revolting dish in the world, but I have no idea what. :p

christiefan915
09-19-2009, 10:46 AM

What?!?!

Even Google drew a blank on this.

cancel2 2022
09-19-2009, 10:56 AM
What?!?!

Even Google drew a blank on this.

I guess you have to be English like Charver to understand it without explanation. I was basically pointing out the ludicrous stereotype, much loved by certain Americans, that most English have Cockney accents and sound like Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins. Charver lives in Cumbria which is a lot nearer to Scotland than London.

christiefan915
09-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Not at all. South Carolinians hate a large central government as much as the Founders did.

I thought Southerners were noted for their courtesy and good manners. Joe must be a carpetbagger.

Well, what do you know?

"Joseph C. Wilson, IV, was born in Bridgeport, Connecticut in 1949 to Joseph Charles Wilson, III, and Phyllis (Finnell) Wilson; he grew up in California and Europe (Wilson, The Politics of Truth 32–33)."

christiefan915
09-19-2009, 12:21 PM
I guess you have to be English like Charver to understand it without explanation. I was basically pointing out the ludicrous stereotype, much loved by certain Americans, that most English have Cockney accents and sound like Dick van Dyke in the Mary Poppins. Charver live in Cumbria which is a lot nearer to Scotland than London.

The penny finally dropped!

TuTu Monroe
09-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Not at all. South Carolinians hate a large central government as much as the Founders did.

Yep, the Founders would be spinning in their graves if they knew what was happening to this country.

Minister of Truth
09-19-2009, 09:01 PM
My language is American English, not Cockney. Would you care for some Rocky Mountain Oysters?

Correction, American English is what is spoken in the Midwest and Pacific NW. What y'all speak down yonder in the South is redneck English...

Minister of Truth
09-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Note the "English" part.

Never accept counterfeit goods.

My ideal woman is probably English, because I love the accent. Its a great start, and then from there, we would move toward Scarlett Johannson looks...

I mean, how bad could it be if a woman with such a voice became angry or just wanted to nag?

:clink:

DamnYankee
09-20-2009, 07:01 PM
I thought Southerners were noted for their courtesy and good manners. Joe must be a carpetbagger.

Well, what do you know?

"Joseph C. Wilson, IV, was born in Bridgeport, Connecticut in 1949 to Joseph Charles Wilson, III, and Phyllis (Finnell) Wilson; he grew up in California and Europe (Wilson, The Politics of Truth 32–33)." Like me, Joe may have been born and raised elsewhere, but he's a true Southerner.

DamnYankee
09-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Correction, American English is what is spoken in the Midwest and Pacific NW. What y'all speak down yonder in the South is redneck English...Regional bigot. :pke: