PDA

View Full Version : APP - Whackos are still alive and well.

Jarod
09-09-2009, 07:46 AM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/state/epaper/2009/09/09/0909pepsisex.html

Hate is still on the march...! even on 090909

charver
09-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Why hasn't some enterprising company produced what every right-thinking consumer is looking for - a soft drink which does not pander to the politically correct pro-homosexuality lobby?

Come on drinks manufacturers. What are you waiting for? We want an anti-queer cola and we want it now.

RockX
09-09-2009, 08:00 AM
LOL

When conservatives boycott a product its racist, when liberals do it, its called social justice. The Whole Foods boycott liberals pushed for after the CEO wrote an opinion piece in the WSJ about Obamacare got liberals panties in a bunch comes to mind as a silly example.

Jarod
09-09-2009, 08:06 AM
LOL

When conservatives boycott a product its racist, when liberals do it, its called social justice. The Whole Foods boycott liberals pushed for after the CEO wrote an opinion piece in the WSJ about Obamacare got liberals panties in a bunch comes to mind as a silly example.

I dont know the facts of what you are talking about but Ill bet it was not about equal oppertunity for those who are discriminated against due to sexual preference.

WinterBorn
09-09-2009, 08:11 AM
I dont know the facts of what you are talking about but Ill bet it was not about equal oppertunity for those who are discriminated against due to sexual preference.

And those who disagree with homosexual marriage have every right to not buy products from companies that donate large sums of money to help the gay marriage proposals go thru.

Those who agree with gay marriage should support the companies that donate these dollars.

The idea that one protest or boycott is legitimate and the other is nothing but whackos is simply bigotry.

Jarod
09-09-2009, 08:21 AM
And those who disagree with homosexual marriage have every right to not buy products from companies that donate large sums of money to help the gay marriage proposals go thru.

Those who agree with gay marriage should support the companies that donate these dollars.

The idea that one protest or boycott is legitimate and the other is nothing but whackos is simply bigotry.

I never said they did not have such a right.

DamnYankee
09-09-2009, 08:29 AM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/state/epaper/2009/09/09/0909pepsisex.html

Hate is still on the march...! even on 090909 As usual you frame the argument wrong. If it was about hate, you'd have just as much of a case against Pepsi, maybe more so. *shrug*

Damocles
09-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Why hasn't some enterprising company produced what every right-thinking consumer is looking for - a soft drink which does not pander to the politically correct pro-homosexuality lobby?

Come on drinks manufacturers. What are you waiting for? We want an anti-queer cola and we want it now.
Have a coke and a smile!

Damocles
09-09-2009, 08:34 AM
LOL

Oddly enough the Whole Foods in Parker seems to be doing a rather good business for the midst of a boycott.

charver
09-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Have a coke and a smile!

Personally, i'm a '7 UP' kind of guy.

DamnYankee
09-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Personally, i'm a '7 UP' kind of guy. I thought you were into Marge Palmer and her four daughters: Pinky, Stubby, Flipper and Picker.

Damocles
09-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Remember the "Up yours!" commercials?

WinterBorn
09-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Remember the "Up yours!" commercials?

Those were hilarious. I was amazed that they pulled it off the first time I saw one.

I used to like to drink 7&7s, but I had trouble finding 7UP for a while, so I gave them up.

belme1201
09-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Oddly enough the Whole Foods in Parker seems to be doing a rather good business for the midst of a boycott.

I'll have to go out of my way to go shop there now that I know about the boycott.

uscitizen
09-09-2009, 11:09 PM
The pastor has a relative that works for a Coke distributor.

uscitizen
09-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Hole Foods would be a good name for a doughnut shop.

Lowaicue
09-16-2009, 05:34 AM

My grandfather should, by rights, have been a millionaire. He invented One Up, but it failed to catch on, so he added a secret ingredient and called it 2 UP. Again failure. Not to be out done he went on to invent 3 UP, 4 UP and 5 UP. Each a dismal failure. When 6 UP failed he gave up!
So close!

Mott the Hoople
09-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Have a coke and a smile!or, as the late great Richard Pryor would have said "Have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up!" :clink:

Mott the Hoople
09-18-2009, 09:26 AM
My grandfather should, by rights, have been a millionaire. He invented One Up, but it failed to catch on, so he added a secret ingredient and called it 2 UP. Again failure. Not to be out done he went on to invent 3 UP, 4 UP and 5 UP. Each a dismal failure. When 6 UP failed he gave up!
So close!It just goes to show you, that if at first you don't succeed, face it, your a loser.

Mott the Hoople
09-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Personally, i'm a '7 UP' kind of guy.I lived in the south to long and became addicted to sweetened Iced Tea.

Thorn
09-18-2009, 10:19 AM
I lived in the south to long and became addicted to sweetened Iced Tea.

I'm still not used to it. I'll take lemon but leave out the sugar, please! At least now I understand when I ask for "tea" at a restaurant it will come in a glass with ice.

Minister of Truth
09-19-2009, 08:55 PM
I lived in the south to long and became addicted to sweetened Iced Tea.

My dad is obsessed with iced tea, so I was raised on it, myself.

uscitizen
09-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Just say no to Coke.

And Iced tea sucks.

I am a Dew kind of guy.

Minister of Truth
09-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Just say no to Coke.

And Iced tea sucks.

I am a Dew kind of guy.

I like Dew as well. Prior to the Surge craze, and the emergence of Dew, I was hardcore rootbeer, and I never expected some yellow junk would come along and replace rootbeer...

Iced tea is all right. My favorite is Lemon Snapple.

uscitizen
09-19-2009, 09:16 PM
I like Dew as well. Prior to the Surge craze, and the emergence of Dew, I was hardcore rootbeer, and I never expected some yellow junk would come along and replace rootbeer...

Iced tea is all right. My favorite is Lemon Snapple.

Mountain Dew has been around for 40 years or so. Probably not nationwide though. It first had a hillbilly with a long rifle on the returnable bottle.
That was back when milk came in glass gallon returnable jugs in the grocery.

Mott the Hoople
09-20-2009, 05:23 AM
Just say no to Coke.

And Iced tea sucks.

I am a Dew kind of guy.
Did you know that Dew is just a few tenth's of a pH point off from being classified as hazardous waste?

Minister of Truth
09-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Mountain Dew has been around for 40 years or so. Probably not nationwide though. It first had a hillbilly with a long rifle on the returnable bottle.
That was back when milk came in glass gallon returnable jugs in the grocery.

Yes, and Mello Yellow was around at least as far back as the 80s, and Coke brought it back for a few years to replace Surge. The point is, until the wild success of Surge as a major fad, citris soda was not largely popular (Sprite and 7-Up enjoyed some success, others such as Citra and Squirt had their successes for periods of time). Surge made Mountain Dew a huge success, and the two (Coke & Pepsi products) competed until the Surge craze ended in 2001, Coke freaked out over the huge drop in sales (of course, you morons, it was a fucking fad!!!), and pulled it from the market.

DamnYankee
09-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Did you know that Dew is just a few tenth's of a pH point off from being classified as hazardous waste? Along with nearly everything that you buy in the cleaner isle at your local Winn-Dixie.

uscitizen
09-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Did you know that Dew is just a few tenth's of a pH point off from being classified as hazardous waste?

Ohh well at least I can drink it and drive :)

anyway I thought Coke was the stuff used for everything. Dechroming bumpers, removing bug guts from windshield, etc.