PDA

View Full Version : APP - Time to get tough

midcan5
09-07-2009, 06:17 AM
The kooks are winning the war in propaganda, time to step up and move forward. I have often wondered why the voices of a Bill Moyer are only on PBS? How is it that filter which controls information censors voices that speak out for all Americans? Media today is so corporate controlled and so full of nutcases it is hard to listen. Only Cspan and PBS occasionally contains some morsel of reality.

YouTube - BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | Bill Moyers on Health Care | PBS

The pieces he mentions are here:

http://www.truthout.org/090209R?n

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2009/08/adventures_in_the_rabbit_hole.php

PostmodernProphet
09-07-2009, 06:22 AM
Only Cspan and PBS occasionally contains some morsel of reality.

mark this down as one of the tests in "You Might Be An Extremist If....."

uscitizen
09-07-2009, 06:23 AM
PBS is extremeist?

Apparently many right wingers are just plain insane.

PostmodernProphet
09-07-2009, 06:27 AM
PBS is extremeist?

are you having a dense moment?....no PBS isn't extremist.....but believing it's the only source of reality, and then only in morsels....THAT'S extremist.....

Apparently many right wingers are just plain insane.

I think that it's safe to use this for test #2......

meme
09-07-2009, 06:29 AM
Moyers doesn't speak for me..
and Moyers and reality don't go together..

midcan5
09-07-2009, 06:33 AM
Moyers doesn't speak for me..
and Moyers and reality don't go together..

I'm sure they don't, you prove that too often.

midcan5
09-07-2009, 06:35 AM

Curious how helping Americans live free and healthy lives is extremist. Conservatives go back to your caves, you'll find comfort there.

meme
09-07-2009, 06:37 AM
Curious how helping Americans live free and healthy lives is extremist. Conservatives go back to your caves, you'll find comfort there.

live free and healthy lives according to what you people believe it should be..I don't think so..I'll take my cave..thank you

Mott the Hoople
09-09-2009, 04:40 AM
you think Bill Moyers is an extremist.

Mott the Hoople
09-09-2009, 04:41 AM
are you having a dense moment?....no PBS isn't extremist.....but believing it's the only source of reality, and then only in morsels....THAT'S extremist.....

I think that it's safe to use this for test #2......That's also a strawman. Midcan did not say that.

PostmodernProphet
09-09-2009, 05:10 AM
That's also a strawman. Midcan did not say that.
it helps if you read people's posts...."Only Cspan and PBS occasionally contains some morsel of reality."

PostmodernProphet
09-09-2009, 05:12 AM
you think Bill Moyers is an extremist.

what the fuck are you going on about.....my comments had nothing to do with Moyers....you frequently babble about strawmen, but your posts are full of them.....

DamnYankee
09-09-2009, 06:13 AM
I'm curious as to your definition of "living free".

Blackwater Lunchbreak
09-09-2009, 06:56 AM
universal coverage + rationing = universal denial

Blackwater Lunchbreak
09-09-2009, 07:02 AM
Beware the UNESCO genocide freaks.

meme
09-09-2009, 07:05 AM
Us taxpayers should demand none of our monies go to PBS and people like Moyers...let Moyers go out and scrounge up money so he spew his crap...

he is a blood sucking leech on the taxpayers.

DamnYankee
09-09-2009, 08:13 AM
The time for PBS, like Affirmative Action, is long past.

midcan5
09-14-2009, 07:37 AM
The time for PBS, like Affirmative Action, is long past.

'Yes, we love fascism, yes we do.' Sorry folks, hate speech from the likes of Savage, Rush, Coulter, and Beck requires some sense. PBS is at least honest. Let face it there are too many wingnuts like meme and southern boy now, more dumb citizens would be tragic.

Blackwater Lunchbreak
09-14-2009, 07:44 AM
'Yes, we love fascism, yes we do.' Sorry folks, hate speech from the likes of Savage, Rush, Coulter, and Beck requires some sense. PBS is at least honest. Let face it there are too many wingnuts like meme and southern boy now, more dumb citizens would be tragic.

Obama is also a fascist.

DamnYankee
09-14-2009, 08:49 AM
'Yes, we love fascism, yes we do.' Sorry folks, hate speech from the likes of Savage, Rush, Coulter, and Beck requires some sense. PBS is at least honest. Let face it there are too many wingnuts like meme and southern boy now, more dumb citizens would be tragic. In the age of 100+ TV channels, satellite radio, and the internet, why should any broadcasting be subsidized by the government?

uscitizen
09-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Anyone else notice Asshats drift towards the right lately?

RockX
09-14-2009, 10:51 AM
In the age of 100+ TV channels, satellite radio, and the internet, why should any broadcasting be subsidized by the government?

How else would the liberals get their message out. Just look at the commercial failure of Air America and the low ratings of liberal cable news outlets, all on the bottom of the ratings game.

Minister of Truth
09-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Anyone else notice Asshats drift towards the right lately?

The left is now in power, and he's an equal opportunity hater. :dunno: