PDA

View Full Version : Bama lineman shot in apparent robbery attempt

WinterBorn
09-02-2009, 03:42 AM
"TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) - Alabama defensive end Brandon Deaderick was released from the hospital Tuesday after being shot in the arm during a robbery attempt at an off-campus apartment.

Diane Carroll, a nursing supervisor at DCH Regional Medical Center said the 6-foot-4, 306-pound senior from Elizabethtown, Ky., was released sometime during the day.

Capt. Greg Kosloff, a spokesman for the Tuscaloosa Police Department, said the player was in an apartment parking lot with a female acquaintance about 10 p.m. Monday when he was approached by a lone man wearing dark clothes, a dark ball cap and a blue bandanna over his face.

Police Chief Steve Anderson told the Tuscaloosa News the gunman told Deaderick to "Give it up." When Deaderick refused, the assailant opened fire and ran away.

"It was a robbery attempt," said Kosloff. "There's been no arrests and no suspect identified."

The apartment complex is several miles from the University of Alabama campus.

In a statement, Alabama coach Nick Saban said it was fortunate the player's condition wasn't worse. He did not indicate when Deaderick might rejoin the team.

"Our concern at this time is for Brandon's continued recovery as our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family, not about when he will return to football," said Saban.

Deaderick started all 14 games last season as a junior. He made 36 tackles last season and was second on the team with four sacks.

No. 5 Alabama opens the season in Atlanta against seventh-ranked Virginia Tech on Saturday."

You can't find anyone better to mug than a 6'4", 306lb athlete??? lol

Yeah, shoot and run would be your smartest idea.

Mott the Hoople
09-04-2009, 10:13 AM
No doubt the assailant was an Auborn man?

Minister of Truth
09-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Wow, I love the rivalry jokes that come out of hardcore football states that get thrown around on this site.

Here in WA, the only joke I can recall off the top of my head is the famous bumper sticker that U-Dub fans sport about Wazu which reads "All Dirt Roads Lead to Pullman." I actually love that one, though!!! :cool:

uscitizen
09-04-2009, 03:05 PM
And this is worse than Joe Nobody in the same circumstances how?

WinterBorn
09-04-2009, 08:24 PM
No doubt the assailant was an Auborn man?

He probably was. Shoot at a man and then run. Not to mention being a crappy shot.

Hey 3D, you know why they put glue on the auburn diplomas? So the graduates can stick them in their car windows and use handicapped parking.

You know what the difference is between an auburn cheerleader and a catfish? One has whiskers and smells bad, the other one is a fish.

I could go on and on and on and on...

Minister of Truth
09-04-2009, 08:47 PM
He probably was. Shoot at a man and then run. Not to mention being a crappy shot.

Hey 3D, you know why they put glue on the auburn diplomas? So the graduates can stick them in their car windows and use handicapped parking.

You know what the difference is between an auburn cheerleader and a catfish? One has whiskers and smells bad, the other one is a fish.

I could go on and on and on and on...

LOLZ That's what I'm talking about!!!

:clink:

WinterBorn
09-05-2009, 07:08 AM
LOLZ That's what I'm talking about!!!

:clink:

Yep, every team worth its salt has a rivalry like that. Although not all are as serious as the Alabama/auburn rivalry.

My daughter wouldn't let the orange crayon and the blue crayon be next to each other in the box.

Everyone knows both schools excell academically. But when football season rolls around you better pick a side and stick with it.

I never heard pollack jokes or anything when I was growing up. I heard auburn jokes. I could probably rattle off a few hundred of those without trying hard.