PDA

View Full Version : Freshman Starting for USC

cawacko
08-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Matt Barkley was named first ever true freshman starter at QB for USC today. This kid is an unbelievable talent but damn, second game of his career on the road at night at The Horseshoe? That's a lot to ask. Fight On Matt!

Topspin
08-28-2009, 06:14 AM
Lets see how a hs QB does against a real team before he starts rolling over the hs teams of the pac 10.

WinterBorn
08-28-2009, 06:31 AM
Is he that good or were there that few choices for the starting position?

I would have to wonder if the pressures will get to him. Being a great athlete is one thing. Performing before 100k screaming fans with the hopes of the entire USC fandom on their shoulders is another thing completely.

cawacko
08-28-2009, 07:42 AM

I would have to wonder if the pressures will get to him. Being a great athlete is one thing. Performing before 100k screaming fans with the hopes of the entire USC fandom on their shoulders is another thing completely.

The kid is a prodigy but even then most of the fan base was shocked he was named the starter. The guy, Aaron Corp, who had been named the starter broke a bone in his leg on Aug. 10th and hasn't fully healed yet. His game included more running and rolling out so I guess the coaches felt he wouldn't be as effective until he heals.

Man I am nervous as hell starting a Freshman. He did start for four years of high school in the most competitive division in the state. He went to the same high school as Matt Leinart.

WinterBorn
08-28-2009, 08:02 AM
The kid is a prodigy but even then most of the fan base was shocked he was named the starter. The guy, Aaron Corp, who had been named the starter broke a bone in his leg on Aug. 10th and hasn't fully healed yet. His game included more running and rolling out so I guess the coaches felt he wouldn't be as effective until he heals.

Man I am nervous as hell starting a Freshman. He did start for four years of high school in the most competitive division in the state. He went to the same high school as Matt Leinart.

I am hoping that the high school experience helps too. Bama's starting QB this year went to Southlake Carrol High (known for serious aerial attack football). He was the backup for Chase Daniel for half his high school time.

But the Tide offense doesn't require huge passing numbers. Saban loves to grind the other team into the ground.

cawacko
08-28-2009, 08:37 AM
I am hoping that the high school experience helps too. Bama's starting QB this year went to Southlake Carrol High (known for serious aerial attack football). He was the backup for Chase Daniel for half his high school time.

But the Tide offense doesn't require huge passing numbers. Saban loves to grind the other team into the ground.

Your old running back, Glen Coffee, is tearing it up in pre-season for my 49ers. Granted its only pre-season but he looks like the real deal to back-up and play along side Frank Gore. He's becoming a hit in the Bay Area.

WinterBorn
08-28-2009, 08:59 AM
Your old running back, Glen Coffee, is tearing it up in pre-season for my 49ers. Granted its only pre-season but he looks like the real deal to back-up and play along side Frank Gore. He's becoming a hit in the Bay Area.

He was a tough back for us. I hope he does well. I hated to see him leave early.

Our best back seem to always head to the west coast. Shaun Alexander played for Seattle and I didn't get to see a lot of his games because of the time they played.

Topspin
08-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Coffee was/is a beast and LSU fans are super happy he's gone.
Can't wait for 9/5

WinterBorn
08-28-2009, 12:48 PM
Coffee was/is a beast and LSU fans are super happy he's gone.
Can't wait for 9/5

Coffee was a beast. But you shouldn't look forward to seeing us when ya'll come to Tuscaloosa. Mark Ingram was a true freshman last year and ran for 728 yards and 12 TDs. And our newest freshman blue chipper is Trent Richardson. If you think Coffee was a beat, wait till you see Richardson.

Mott the Hoople
08-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Matt Barkley was named first ever true freshman starter at QB for USC today. This kid is an unbelievable talent but damn, second game of his career on the road at night at The Horseshoe? That's a lot to ask. Fight On Matt!
Yup. The shoe is on the other foot this time. Let's see how them Trojans like that? Personally, I think Penn State will be the toughest game on the Bucks schedule this season.

Mott the Hoople
08-28-2009, 02:37 PM

I would have to wonder if the pressures will get to him. Being a great athlete is one thing. Performing before 100k screaming fans with the hopes of the entire USC fandom on their shoulders is another thing completely.It's a team game. Ohio State didn't lose last year cause we started a Freshman QB. We lost because USC was a better team. OSU will win this year cause they are the better team.

Mott the Hoople
08-28-2009, 02:39 PM
You still plan on going to the game Cawacko? I'm gonna try and scalp a ticket but am not holding out much hope. I'm not going to pay more than $100 for a ticket but since it's only a 12 mile drive from where I live, it's worth a try! :)

Worst case scenario is I can watch the game at the Varstiy Club.

cawacko
08-28-2009, 02:48 PM
You still plan on going to the game Cawacko? I'm gonna try and scalp a ticket but am not holding out much hope. I'm not going to pay more than $100 for a ticket but since it's only a 12 mile drive from where I live, it's worth a try! :)

Worst case scenario is I can watch the game at the Varstiy Club.

Yeah, I'm coming. I got my Uncle's two tickets and my Grandma's two tickets. I should have good seats but I don't like the idea of sitting with a bunch of OSU season ticket holders. It means out of respect and for safety I bascially have to sit there and be quiet all game. We're staying at some hotel downtown.

Mott the Hoople
08-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I'm coming. I got my Uncle's two tickets and my Grandma's two tickets. I should have good seats but I don't like the idea of sitting with a bunch of OSU season ticket holders. It means out of respect and for safety I bascially have to sit there and be quiet all game. We're staying at some hotel downtown.
You going to sell any of those tickets? I'll bring my thugs with me to protect you. Where I come from, we know sportsmanship!! LOL

Mott the Hoople
08-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I'm coming. I got my Uncle's two tickets and my Grandma's two tickets. I should have good seats but I don't like the idea of sitting with a bunch of OSU season ticket holders. It means out of respect and for safety I bascially have to sit there and be quiet all game. We're staying at some hotel downtown.Drop me a private message. My wife works for a local hotel and I might (can't gaurentee it, lots of out of towners coming in for the game) be able to get you a discount on a room.

cawacko
08-28-2009, 05:08 PM
It's a team game. Ohio State didn't lose last year cause we started a Freshman QB. We lost because USC was a better team. OSU will win this year cause they are the better team.

Actually you guys started the Senior last year. Pryor really only came in once you guys were behind.

cawacko
08-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Drop me a private message. My wife works for a local hotel and I might (can't gaurentee it, lots of out of towners coming in for the game) be able to get you a discount on a room.

Thanks. My boy is from Ohio and got the hotel room a long time ago for a pretty good rate so I'm think we're taken care of but appreciate the offer.

cawacko
08-28-2009, 05:10 PM
You going to sell any of those tickets? I'll bring my thugs with me to protect you. Where I come from, we know sportsmanship!! LOL

LOL, yeah I know all about Buckeye fans!

WinterBorn
08-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Anyone see Beano Cook's pick for the team he predicts to win the NCAA National Championship?

He thinks Notre Dame is going to win it all.

Anyone else think that? Maybe someone who wants to bet some $$$??

Jeff
08-28-2009, 10:29 PM
It's a team game. Ohio State didn't lose last year cause we started a Freshman QB. We lost because USC was a better team. OSU will win this year cause they are the better team.

I was sitting across the street from the stadium last year watching that game, you are exactly right, USC was tuff

Mott the Hoople
08-29-2009, 05:20 AM
LOL, yeah I know all about Buckeye fans!Yea it goes with out saying Buckeyes are nuts!

Mott the Hoople
08-29-2009, 05:21 AM
Anyone see Beano Cook's pick for the team he predicts to win the NCAA National Championship?

Not me. They sure do have a pudding schedule though.

Mott the Hoople
08-29-2009, 05:22 AM
I was sitting across the street from the stadium last year watching that game, you are exactly right, USC was tuffI'll probably do that this year.

WinterBorn
08-29-2009, 09:22 AM
Not me. They sure do have a pudding schedule though.

They play Michigan, Michigan State, USC and Stanford. Other than those 4 their schedule is pretty easy (like Washington St), but I still haven't a prayer at the NC.

cawacko
08-29-2009, 09:32 AM
They play Michigan, Michigan State, USC and Stanford. Other than those 4 their schedule is pretty easy (like Washington St), but I still haven't a prayer at the NC.

'SC is currently the only ranked team they play all season. To me, college football is more fun when Notre Dame is good.

WinterBorn
08-29-2009, 09:52 AM
'SC is currently the only ranked team they play all season. To me, college football is more fun when Notre Dame is good.

I am not a Notre Dame fan. But I do enjoy watching them get their hopes up and then lose.

Mott the Hoople
08-29-2009, 11:45 AM
'SC is currently the only ranked team they play all season. To me, college football is more fun when Notre Dame is good.BITE YOUR TOUNGE!!!!!!!!

I love it when Notre Dame sucks. :)

Mott the Hoople
08-29-2009, 11:46 AM
I am not a Notre Dame fan. But I do enjoy watching them get their hopes up and then lose.Like a last minute fumble or penalty or the QB throws a goal line interception to lose the game. I sure do enjoy watching that happend to ND.

Minister of Truth
08-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Like a last minute fumble or penalty or the QB throws a goal line interception to lose the game. I sure do enjoy watching that happend to ND.

:321:

Topspin
09-01-2009, 10:00 AM

Beano Cook was fired for freebasing crack:clink:

cawacko
09-01-2009, 10:10 AM
UDub is taking out LSU this weekend Toppy! Down go the Corndogs!!!!!!

F*ck, the line 17.5, I don't know who to take.

Mott the Hoople
09-01-2009, 10:29 AM

F*ck, the line 17.5, I don't know who to take.LSU is a joke! They haven't had a good player since Tommy Cassanova, who, I'll humbly admit, proved that there are a few southerners that can learn to play football.

Topspin
09-01-2009, 10:43 AM

F*ck, the line 17.5, I don't know who to take.

Take UDUB, LSU Doesn't make bank running up the score on cupcakes like Ohio Slow or USC. We just win big games in the toughest conference in the country.

Topspin
09-01-2009, 10:46 AM
LSU is a joke! They haven't had a good player since Tommy Cassanova, who, I'll humbly admit, proved that there are a few southerners that can learn to play football.

Nahhh the dork who didn't even go to Ohio Slow is not still having his panties in a bunch over the beatdown LSU gave them.

Players in the NFL from that beat down.

QB Matt Flynn
RB Justin Vincent
cb Chevis Jackson
DL Tyson Jackson
wr early Ducet
and about 6 more guys

WinterBorn
09-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Nahhh the dork who didn't even go to Ohio Slow is not still having his panties in a bunch over the beatdown LSU gave them.

QB Matt Flynn
RB Justin Vincent
cb Chevis Jackson
DL Tyson Jackson
wr early Ducet
and about 6 more guys

LSU will probably finish the season 8-4. Its possible you'll do better but I doubt it. You might beat either Ole Miss or GA, but you'll lose to Bama and Florida.

Topspin
09-01-2009, 11:52 AM
bama will go 7-5

WinterBorn
09-01-2009, 12:02 PM
bama will go 7-5

LMAO!! 7-5? If you have been smoking toxic waste you might have a wild idea that LSU and Ole Miss would beat us. But there are not three other teams on our schedule that are going to beat us.

Just as an FYI, the line will be better, the defense will be better, the offense will be better and the special teams will have improved too.

12-0 going into Atlanta and we'll see if FL can comeback in the 4th Qtr to win this year.

Topspin
09-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Our QB will be better,
we would have rolled Utah up.

cawacko
09-01-2009, 01:01 PM
LSU will probably finish the season 8-4. Its possible you'll do better but I doubt it. You might beat either Ole Miss or GA, but you'll lose to Bama and Florida.

I'll never be rooting so hard for LSU as I will when they play Florida. Then after LSU losses I'm going to feel sick for having rooted for them.

Topspin
09-01-2009, 01:13 PM
same for me with the buckeyes, hope they give pete the non reach around he deserves.
Then the buckeyes will roll into another bcs after smashing the joke10 and lose yet again to an SEC top team prob bama,
Championship game will be a Texas vs Fla

WinterBorn
09-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Our QB will be better,

Because you would have been up for the game. Th eTide was deflated.

And that game will motivate this year.

I think our QB will be fine.

Topspin
09-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Because you would have been up for the game. Th eTide was deflated.

And that game will motivate this year.

I think our QB will be fine.

I'm yanking your chain, Utah would have made us thier bitch too. I just wish you guy's played fla as you are the second best team in the conference.
Just beat them in Atl.:clink:

WinterBorn
09-01-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm yanking your chain, Utah would have made us thier bitch too. I just wish you guy's played fla as you are the second best team in the conference.
Just beat them in Atl.:clink:

I think we will this year. :clink:

Mott the Hoople
09-08-2009, 11:56 AM

QB Matt Flynn
RB Justin Vincent
cb Chevis Jackson
DL Tyson Jackson
wr early Ducet
and about 6 more guys
Oh please! Not one of those guys is even remotely in the same league that Tommy Casanoa was.

Mott the Hoople
09-08-2009, 12:09 PM

QB Matt Flynn
RB Justin Vincent
cb Chevis Jackson
DL Tyson Jackson
wr early Ducet
and about 6 more guysThat's still less Ohio State! :pke:

WinterBorn
09-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Let me know when ya'll have had 3 Super Bowl QBs.

Mott the Hoople
09-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Our QB will be better,
LSU will be lucky to win 8 games this year.

Mott the Hoople
09-08-2009, 12:40 PM
same for me with the buckeyes, hope they give pete the non reach around he deserves.
Then the buckeyes will roll into another bcs after smashing the joke10 and lose yet again to an SEC top team prob bama,
Championship game will be a Texas vs Fla
Not so quick there Topper. Michigan will be a force to be reckoned with in the Big 10 this year and Penn State didn't lose a whole lot of starters from a very good team last year. The'll be just beastly. My predictions for the Bucks is 10-2 regular season. We're definately a top 10 team this year, just not a National Championship caliber team. If we beat Michigan again, we should be a BCS team at 10-2.

That's pretty much my prediction for Alabama. Predictiable Nick will lose them at least one game they shouldn't lose. I mean just about any armchair QB can predict what plays Saban will call, so if we can do that, opposing coaches will to and that will cost Bama a game or two. My prediction. Bama will have an upset loss to either Ole Miss or Arkansas or Kentucky and finish the regular season at 10-2 Saban can almost always be counted on to lose to a team he shouldn't lose to. Then they will probably lose 1 game to either LSU or Tennesee. Still 10-2 in the SEC will make Bama a BCS team and probably give them a good shot at the SEC title game. Tennessee and LSU will be the key for Bama this year just like USC and Penn State will be for OSU. To bad Bama doesn't have Florida on it's regular season schedule.

Next year will be the year for the Bucks. Brandon Seine is going to turn a lot of heads this year. He's bulking up with out losing speed and he's scary fast. The Bucks will be very good this year but should be in the national champ hunt next year.

WinterBorn
09-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Not so quick there Topper. Michigan will be a force to be reckoned with in the Big 10 this year and Penn State didn't lose a whole lot of starters from a very good team last year. The'll be just beastly. My predictions for the Bucks is 10-2 regular season. We're definately a top 10 team this year, just not a National Championship caliber team. If we beat Michigan again, we should be a BCS team at 10-2.

That's pretty much my prediction for Alabama. Predictiable Nick will lose them at least one game they shouldn't lose. I mean just about any armchair QB can predict what plays Saban will call, so if we can do that, opposing coaches will to and that will cost Bama a game or two. My prediction. Bama will have an upset loss to either Ole Miss or Arkansas or Kentucky and finish the regular season at 10-2 Saban can almost always be counted on to lose to a team he shouldn't lose to. Then they will probably lose 1 game to either LSU or Tennesee. Still 10-2 in the SEC will make Bama a BCS team and probably give them a good shot at the SEC title game. Tennessee and LSU will be the key for Bama this year just like USC and Penn State will be for OSU. To bad Bama doesn't have Florida on it's regular season schedule.

Ole Miss worries me more than either LSU or TN. And, unless we stumble badly, we will see FL in the SEC Championship game.

Topspin
09-08-2009, 12:53 PM
you guys nearly got beat by the coast guard, oh I mean Navy.
USC is not going to give you a reach around.

Mott the Hoople
09-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Ole Miss worries me more than either LSU or TN. And, unless we stumble badly, we will see FL in the SEC Championship game.
You should. You've got great talent. Having had experience with Nick when he was MSU head coach, I'd be worried. He's sooooooo ultra conservative.

Mott the Hoople
09-08-2009, 01:11 PM
you guys nearly got beat by the coast guard, oh I mean Navy.
USC is not going to give you a reach around.Look who's talking. Navy's probably a better team than LSU is this year. I bet Navy has more wins at the end of the year then LSU does.

WinterBorn
09-08-2009, 01:26 PM
You should. You've got great talent. Having had experience with Nick when he was MSU head coach, I'd be worried. He's sooooooo ultra conservative.

The problem with a wide open offensive game is that it is as likely to kill you as help you.

What was the old football sayion? "When you pass, one of three things will happen. And two of them are bad."

Now I am all for having some great passing attacks. But the running game creates that. It also turns the defense into mush eventually.

Topspin
09-11-2009, 06:16 AM
Look who's talking. Navy's probably a better team than LSU is this year. I bet Navy has more wins at the end of the year then LSU does.

wow your LSU envy is comical.

WinterBorn
09-11-2009, 07:00 AM

If LSU can put a beatdown on Vandy it will quiet some of the anti-LSU noise.

Topspin
09-11-2009, 09:15 AM
If LSU can put a beatdown on Vandy it will quiet some of the anti-LSU noise.

If lsu doesn't beatdown Vandy, LSU nation will be in hiatus,
we crushed GA tech who looked good last night.

WinterBorn
09-11-2009, 09:19 AM
If lsu doesn't beatdown Vandy, LSU nation will be in hiatus,
we crushed GA tech who looked good last night.

You crushed Ga Tech last season.

Damocles
09-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Thank you for the information you provided. It helped alot.

Why do I suspect that this is only a lead-in to ads about viagra?

Mott the Hoople
09-11-2009, 05:40 PM
LS Who?

Mott the Hoople
09-12-2009, 06:00 AM
Wow, the USC team stayed at the Mariott just down the road from where I work. I threw a buckeye at their team bus this morning when I took my wife to work (She works next door).

A big welcome to Ohio to the California Condoms!

WinterBorn
09-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Wow, the USC team stayed at the Mariott just down the road from where I work. I threw a buckeye at their team bus this morning when I took my wife to work (She works next door).

A big welcome to Ohio to the California Condoms!

There are those who think Ohio State didn't beat Navy bad because they were looking ahead for USC.

Mott the Hoople
09-12-2009, 12:47 PM
There are those who think Ohio State didn't beat Navy bad because they were looking ahead for USC.I'm sure there's some truth to that. A certain amount of that is Navy's just a damned good team. Pollsters don't realize that but sports journalist, as professionals, are such a stupid lot that it's amazing many of them can remember to breath.
I bet there's not a coach that has Navy on it's schedule who didn't sit up an pay attention to that game. Navy may not be a BCS team but if you don't prepare for them they will hand you your ass.

Socrtease
09-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Well, after watching that game all I can say is that Barkley lived up to carwacko's hype. He didn't throw any TD's and had 1 Int, but christ on crutches the kid showed poise in that last drive and he played hurt from the middle-end of the third quarter on. He JUST turned 19 this week. I was impressed. He can only get better if he stays healthy.

Socrtease
09-12-2009, 11:26 PM
It's a team game. Ohio State didn't lose last year cause we started a Freshman QB. We lost because USC was a better team. OSU will win this year cause they are the better team.And they were, for 3 and 2/3 quarters. To bad they weren't for the last 5 minutes. It was a great game and I have to admit I was looking forward to coming here and giving wacko shit about his team blowing it, but Barkley was composed and played well. 3 more years and he is going to be scary, if he stays healthy.

Mott the Hoople
09-13-2009, 05:37 AM
ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mott the Hoople
09-13-2009, 05:40 AM
ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buffalo Soldier
09-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Ohio freaking slow university. Can't tackle for shit. Proved it vs navy and every lb got run over by nawlins boy Joe Mcnight.

Socrtease
09-13-2009, 08:11 AM
ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH!!!!!!!!!!!!you sound like the crowd looked last night

Socrtease
09-13-2009, 08:13 AM
Yup. The shoe is on the other foot this time. Let's see how them Trojans like that? Personally, I think Penn State will be the toughest game on the Bucks schedule this season.Hey Mott do you remember when you said this?

Socrtease
09-13-2009, 08:13 AM

And then there was this little gem.

Socrtease
09-13-2009, 08:22 AM
Mott you should really stop calling OSU the Bucks. You give the impression that they are some sort of regal and strong stag that roams the forest looking to rut with a doe when in reality they are just a tree. Although my wife informs me that Buckeye's are a little christmas cookie so you pick between the tree and the cookie.

Mott the Hoople
09-13-2009, 08:23 AM
Ohio freaking slow university. Can't tackle for shit. Proved it vs navy and every lb got run over by nawlins boy Joe Mcnight.
You didn't watch the game did you? OSU shut down their offense till the last 5 minutes. USC's offense only scored 11 points. Let's see LSWho hold them to 11 points. It was OSU's offense that lost the game. They blew several scoring opportunities and could not organize a consistent running attack and Pryor was inconsitent in his passing as our recievers were getting open down field. Anytime a defense holds a team as good as USC to under 20 points, they did their job and anyone who knows anything about football knows that.

Mott the Hoople
09-13-2009, 08:25 AM
you sound like the crowd looked last nightIt's frurstrating. Obviously we have a good team and just can't seem to get the package all together against top 5 teams. There was no excuse for us losing that game last night. None.

Mott the Hoople
09-13-2009, 08:26 AM
Hey Mott do you remember when you said this?I do and I still hold to that. Don't sell PSU short.

Socrtease
09-13-2009, 08:26 AM
It's frurstrating. Obviously we have a good team and just can't seem to get the package all together. There was no excuse for us losing that game last night. None.true they played a great game. Like I said I was rooting for them so I could give carwacko shit, but you'll do.

Mott the Hoople
09-13-2009, 08:28 AM
Mott you should really stop calling OSU the Bucks. You give the impression that they are some sort of regal and strong stag that roams the forest looking to rut with a doe when in reality they are just a tree. Although my wife informs me that Buckeye's are a little christmas cookie so you pick between the tree and the cookie.Hey, give credit where credit is due. At least USC has the balls to come to the shoe and play. Hats off to them.

Mott the Hoople
09-13-2009, 08:30 AM
true they played a great game. Like I said I was rooting for them so I could give carwacko shit, but you'll do.ROTFLMAO, Thanks a lot. Do you eat your children too? LOL

Mott the Hoople
09-13-2009, 08:32 AM
I do and I still hold to that. Don't sell PSU short.
Also, if you remember, I predicted OSU will go 10-2 this year in the regular season. PSU has returned most of their starters. That's going to be a tough game.

Socrtease
09-13-2009, 08:58 AM
ROTFLMAO, Thanks a lot. Do you eat your children too? LOLNope. Just their mother.

WinterBorn
09-13-2009, 01:18 PM
One helluva game. I'll echo the sentiments concerning USC's QB. That last drive showed a lotta heart & guts.

But OSU looked tough. Tough D.

Mott the Hoople
09-13-2009, 04:16 PM
I feel a lot better after watching the Bengals play today. That was a hoot.

Topspin
09-14-2009, 05:00 AM
You didn't watch the game did you? OSU shut down their offense till the last 5 minutes. USC's offense only scored 11 points. Let's see LSWho hold them to 11 points. It was OSU's offense that lost the game. They blew several scoring opportunities and could not organize a consistent running attack and Pryor was inconsitent in his passing as our recievers were getting open down field. Anytime a defense holds a team as good as USC to under 20 points, they did their job and anyone who knows anything about football knows that.

yes your gay coach played it too close to the vest last drive. But, like I said if your D wasn't garbage you stop a last minute full field drive. McNight ran through those weak ass lb ala Navy.:clink:

WinterBorn
09-14-2009, 05:07 AM
yes your gay coach played it too close to the vest last drive. But, like I said if your D wasn't garbage you stop a last minute full field drive. McNight ran through those weak ass lb ala Navy.:clink:

Their D was on the ball all night. I think that USC just played better in the last few minutes.

OSU has no shame in that game.

Topspin
09-14-2009, 06:18 AM
I wouldn't call it on ball if the freshman was still shaking.
He finally got it together for the win. Pryor is extreemly overrated.

WinterBorn
09-14-2009, 06:22 AM
He finally got it together for the win. Pryor is extreemly overrated.

That same offense that drove down had more Three & Outs than they did big plays.

The defense was aggressive and were swarming to the ball. The last 2 mins killed them, but they played a great game. USC has a lot of offensive weapons, and OSU stopped them for 58 mins. Too bad that the game is 60 mins long.

I thought Tressel screwed up on their last possession before USC's big scoring drive. He should've burned more clock instead of playing conservative.

Topspin
09-14-2009, 07:40 AM
he could have easily run Pryor for the first instead of punting.
USC will lose a game to a hyped up hs team in the pac10 as usual.
Ohio slow has no competiters on the little10.

WinterBorn
09-14-2009, 07:42 AM
he could have easily run Pryor for the first instead of punting.
USC will lose a game to a hyped up hs team in the pac10 as usual.
Ohio slow has no competiters on the little10.

Penn State beating OSU is a possibility. Hopefully OSU will beat Penn State, and USC remains undefeated.

That way, when Bama beats FL in the SEC Championship, we will get to play the trojans for the NC.

Damocles
09-14-2009, 07:43 AM
I feel a lot better after watching the Bengals play today. That was a hoot.
So do I. And the result was priceless.

Topspin
09-14-2009, 08:00 AM
Penn State beating OSU is a possibility. Hopefully OSU will beat Penn State, and USC remains undefeated.

That way, when Bama beats FL in the SEC Championship, we will get to play the trojans for the NC.

the gators will rape you worse than last year

WinterBorn
09-14-2009, 08:02 AM
the gators will rape you worse than last year

Not a chance.

And if you call last year's game a rape, I can't imagine what you call what the Gators did to LSU last year.

Topspin
09-14-2009, 08:44 AM
you have a much less exp QB, and Timmy will do it again.
I won't talk about what Fla or Ga did to us last year, it's too painfull.

WinterBorn
09-14-2009, 08:53 AM
you have a much less exp QB, and Timmy will do it again.
I won't talk about what Fla or Ga did to us last year, it's too painfull.

That "less experienced QB" is throwing better than the experienced ones we have had. He broke the record for Most Consecutive Completions" on saturday. (Wilson held it before)

We have a better defense, better running game, and a QB that will be better than John Parker Wilson in every way. The O Line is looking better than we expected.

FL only beat us in the last 5 mins of the 4th qtr last year. This year we will take them.

Topspin
09-14-2009, 08:58 AM
what was the score last year?
Lets see the guy do it against quality competion instead of the high school teams you guys have been playing.

WinterBorn
09-14-2009, 09:24 AM
what was the score last year?
Lets see the guy do it against quality competion instead of the high school teams you guys have been playing.

The score was not as bad as the FL/Lsu score last year.

VaTech was not a hs team. And even FIU has won a game more recently than 2007, which was the last time the Huskies won one.

cawacko
09-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Oh man, I think I am now just coming down from the high of Saturday night. I've been to a lot of football games and there were times Saturday where it was the loudest I've ever heard a stadium. The atmosphere was crazy and electric.

I was born in Columbus and five generations of my family have gone to tOSU so I love the Bucks but young people here don't fool around. I don't know how many times college aged kids threatened to kick my ass or kill me for wearing USC apparrel and they weren't saying it light hardedly either. The best though was yesterday at the this old persons home where I was visiting my Grandma and this old lady with a walker told me I had a lot of nerve wearing a USC shirt and that I should get out of town. She was not smiling while she said this. Her 80 year old husband then followed up with he was surprised no one had punched me yet. Haha... like politics sports brings out the best in all of us.

Topspin
09-14-2009, 10:04 AM
I wish I could say my tiger fans are better but I think we almost overtuned Ole Miss bus last year.

Socrtease
09-14-2009, 12:41 PM
So do I. And the result was priceless.You KNOW you are not pleased with the play of the Donkeys. Sunshines on a dogs ass every now and again and yesterdays "rebound" catch was evidence.

Damocles
09-14-2009, 12:44 PM
You KNOW you are not pleased with the play of the Donkeys. Sunshines on a dogs ass every now and again and yesterdays "rebound" catch was evidence.
It's being called "The Immaculate Deflection"... We're making a bigger deal of it because we think the Donks will stink this year and this may be one of the few highlights.

Socrtease
09-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Happens everywhere. I went to game six of the world series, Yanks vs. Diamondbacks in Phoenix and got batteries thrown at me because I was wearing my Ruth jersey.

Socrtease
09-14-2009, 12:45 PM
It's being called "The Immaculate Deflection"... We're making a bigger deal of it because we think the Donks will stink this year and this may be one of the few highlights.Gonna be the Chiefs, the Donks and the Raiders racing to the bottom of the AFC West.

Minister of Truth
09-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Happens everywhere. I went to game six of the world series, Yanks vs. Diamondbacks in Phoenix and got batteries thrown at me because I was wearing my Ruth jersey.

Is there some significance to batteries among D-Bag fans? But yeah, had I been there I would have you a douche as well...

USFREEDOM911
09-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Is there some significance to batteries among D-Bag fans? But yeah, had I been there I would have you a douche as well...

Batteries are a common thing for Yank fans, so I would surmise that it was them who were doing the throwing.

Socrtease
09-15-2009, 01:11 AM
Batteries are a common thing for Yank fans, so I would surmise that it was them who were doing the throwing.The batteries came out of portable radios and other things. D-Back fans were very rude and assaultive.

USFREEDOM911
09-15-2009, 01:12 AM
The batteries came out of portable radios and other things. D-Back fans were very rude and assaultive.

Oh-OK.

Mott the Hoople
09-15-2009, 09:18 AM
He finally got it together for the win. Pryor is extreemly overrated.He sure hasn't shown the ability to lead and win big games like Troy Smith did but He's two games into his Sophmore year. It's a bit early to tell yet.

Mott the Hoople
09-15-2009, 09:21 AM

Only a fool would count Michigan out and Penn State is a damned good team. All three are probably better than LSWho this year.

Mott the Hoople
09-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Oh man, I think I am now just coming down from the high of Saturday night. I've been to a lot of football games and there were times Saturday where it was the loudest I've ever heard a stadium. The atmosphere was crazy and electric.

I was born in Columbus and five generations of my family have gone to tOSU so I love the Bucks but young people here don't fool around. I don't know how many times college aged kids threatened to kick my ass or kill me for wearing USC apparrel and they weren't saying it light hardedly either. The best though was yesterday at the this old persons home where I was visiting my Grandma and this old lady with a walker told me I had a lot of nerve wearing a USC shirt and that I should get out of town. She was not smiling while she said this. Her 80 year old husband then followed up with he was surprised no one had punched me yet. Haha... like politics sports brings out the best in all of us.
It can get loud at the Shoe. Last time I went to OSU/Mich game I had a seat in B deck right under C deck. It took several days to get my full hearing back.

I hate it when dick heads act like that. It's a freaken game. Show some sportsmanship. Like Sam Wyche said...."This isn't Cleveland!"

Mott the Hoople
09-15-2009, 09:36 AM
It's being called "The Immaculate Deflection"... We're making a bigger deal of it because we think the Donks will stink this year and this may be one of the few highlights.And it's not like this happened in the AFC Championship game against Pittsburgh. It happened against the Bungles.

Mott the Hoople
09-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Yea, I went to a Bengals/Browns game at Cinci and got clobbered in the head with some over sized dog biscuit by some Clowns fan.

Topspin
09-15-2009, 09:40 AM
more lsu envy,
Look ND never recovered from the beatdown we issued them in the sugar bowl, Miami might finally be recovering from the beat down we gave them in ATL.
Ohio Slow is def not over the BEAT DOWN we issued them in the NC.
We are #7 in a rebuilding yr, we'll be good for the next 3yrs at least.

Mott the Hoople
09-15-2009, 09:44 AM
more lsu envy,
Look ND never recovered from the beatdown we issued them in the sugar bowl, Miami might finally be recovering from the beat down we gave them in ATL.
Ohio Slow is def not over the BEAT DOWN we issued them in the NC.
We are #7 in a rebuilding yr, we'll be good for the next 3yrs at least.
Oh please. You've played Sister Mary's school of quadraplegics and St. Elmores Acadamy for wayward hookers. Who's next on you schedule? A pick up game against the VA Acadamy? The burn ward at Childrens Hospital?

Damocles
09-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Oh please. You've played Sister Mary's school of quadraplegics and St. Elmores Acadamy for wayward hookers. Who's next on you schedule? A pick up game against the VA Acadamy? The burn ward at Childrens Hospital?
CU?

Mott the Hoople
09-15-2009, 09:47 AM
CU?CU??

WinterBorn
09-15-2009, 09:52 AM
CU??

CO Univ?

Damocles
09-15-2009, 09:53 AM
CU??
You know, the Buffs... They stink so bad they lose to Toledo...

Mott the Hoople
09-15-2009, 09:59 AM
You know, the Buffs... They stink so bad they lose to Toledo...I know how you feel. We lost to the Donkeys.:pke:

Topspin
09-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Mott SEC 3 in the top 7 Son. nuff said
What is Ohio SLOW'S last win, the one the ref's robbed the U on???

cawacko
09-15-2009, 10:41 AM
It can get loud at the Shoe. Last time I went to OSU/Mich game I had a seat in B deck right under C deck. It took several days to get my full hearing back.

I hate it when dick heads act like that. It's a freaken game. Show some sportsmanship. Like Sam Wyche said...."This isn't Cleveland!"

Actually the old lady and her husband were funny. I mean they were pissed but they were OLD. I appreciated their passion. My best friend was with me when it happened and he almost fell over laughing.

I was sitting in the B deck. I was just under the C deck overhang.

As I figured most of the real trash talking was by students or people in their early '20's. That's to be expected.

cawacko
09-15-2009, 10:43 AM
You know, the Buffs... They stink so bad they lose to Toledo...

Dude, I watched some of that CU game. I'm a fan because my sister went there. It was embarrassing. Hawkins promised 10 wins this year. At this rate he'll be lucky to have a couple. His tenure may not be much longer.

cawacko
09-15-2009, 10:46 AM
So Mott I was at the Thirsty I after the game and was talking with this generously proportioned gal who wanted to come home with me. I was drunk but not that drunk. So as we are about to leave I look at my buddy and ask where's the fat chick to make sure she's not with us. Well there was another larger girl standing behind me who heard me say it and she though I was talking about her. She got pissed, called me an asshole, and took my USC hat off my head and stuffed it into the bottom of the trash can and then took a beer and poured it into the trash can. LOL... man, do not piss off fat women!

Mott the Hoople
09-15-2009, 10:59 AM
So Mott I was at the Thirsty I after the game and was talking with this generously proportioned gal who wanted to come home with me. I was drunk but not that drunk. So as we are about to leave I look at my buddy and ask where's the fat chick to make sure she's not with us. Well there was another larger girl standing behind me who heard me say it and she though I was talking about her. She got pissed, called me an asshole, and took my USC hat off my head and stuffed it into the bottom of the trash can and then took a beer and poured it into the trash can. LOL... man, do not piss off fat women!Dude, you live dangerously!!! She could have sat on you and squarshed you. That is the one thing I don't like about going to Football games. It seems like most football fans are 300 lbs slobs who's fat asses over flow into my seat and I have to sit sidways to keep from getting squished.

Damocles
09-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Dude, I watched some of that CU game. I'm a fan because my sister went there. It was embarrassing. Hawkins promised 10 wins this year. At this rate he'll be lucky to have a couple. His tenure may not be much longer.
He needs to sack his little boy and get a real QB.