PDA

View Full Version : APP - Pass Kennedy Care now!

Jarod
08-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Not that I am saying it should... But will Senator Kennedy's death breath new life into the Healthcare plan?

SmarterthanYou
08-27-2009, 12:28 PM
they'll try to use the emotional argument, but I dont' see it happening.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 12:35 PM
http://www.nndb.com/people/182/000088915/kopechne-enl.jpg

DamnYankee
08-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Kennedy probably wouldn't have got the treatment for his brain tumor under the Obama plan. He was too old, overweight, drank too much and his prognosis was crappy as hell: a prime candidate for pain pills only. Better to use the money to abort liberals' babies. It would be a slap on his memory if they name this Bill after him.

Cancel 2016.2
08-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Not that I am saying it should... But will Senator Kennedy's death breath new life into the Healthcare plan?

Does it change anything fundamental with regards to the plan? NO

so NO, it should not change the outcome. Though I can see the Dems trying to use Kennedy's death in the manner you just mentioned. If people change their minds simply because Kennedy died, then they deserve what they get.

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Stuck in a rut and don't know what to do... just keep showing this picture of a woman who died over 30 years ago and think I am truly cleaver for doing so, it shall be my argument!

Why oh, why can't there be forgiveness in the world? Why must hedonist show the the way to live, just let it go, it is very freeing, forgive him, he is dead and can this woman and you, no more harm!

Jarod
08-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Kennedy probably wouldn't have got the treatment for his brain tumor under the Obama plan. He was too old, overweight, drank too much and his prognosis was crappy as hell: a prime candidate for pain pills only. Better to use the money to abort liberals' babies. It would be a slap on his memory if they name this Bill after him.

Sure he would have, nuthing in the Obama plan prevents private pay or purchase of any provate plan possable. Methinks someone has listened to a bit too much Rush Linbaugh.

meme
why pass Kennedy care now...it must not be any good, he just died.

Jarod

WHere is the photo of the dude Laura Bush ran over and killed?

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Stuck in a rut and don't know what to do... just keep showing this picture of a woman who died over 30 years ago and think I am truly cleaver for doing so, it shall be my argument!

Why oh, why can't there be forgiveness in the world? Why must hedonist show the the way to live, just let it go, it is very freeing, forgive him, he is dead and can this woman and you, no more harm!

i wonder why you have a problem with her picture? :rolleyes:

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 12:43 PM

go start a thread about it....we're talking about kennedy :pke:

Jarod
08-27-2009, 12:45 PM
go start a thread about it....we're talking about kennedy :pke:

No, we are talking about if Kennedy's death will help pass the healthcare bill.

meme
08-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Laura Bush wasn't a member of our Congress...how desperate

DamnYankee
08-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Laura Bush wasn't a member of our Congress...how desperate Not only that but look at how Laura has lived her life since this allegation supposedly took place and compare that to Kennedy. He's repeated the same behavior hundreds of times and even spread it to his nephews.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 12:50 PM
No, we are talking about if Kennedy's death will help pass the healthcare bill.

he sure didn't help mary jo's health....

Jarod
08-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Not only that but look at how Laura has lived her life since this allegation supposedly took place and compare that to Kennedy. He's repeated the same behavior hundreds of times and even spread it to his nephews.

Laura raised two drunken daughters and supported a mad man in his ruining of our nation!

DamnYankee
08-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Laura raised two drunken daughters and supported a mad man in his ruining of our nation! *yawn*

cawacko
08-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Laura raised two drunken daughters and supported a mad man in his ruining of our nation!

LOL... two drunken daughters? Everyone here raise there hand who did not drink in college?

Jarod
08-27-2009, 12:54 PM
LOL... two drunken daughters? Everyone here raise there hand who did not drink in college?

My point was that Kennedy has done a lot for our nation. One can say the same things about Laura Bush as they can about Ted Kennedy. Its a silly diversion to be posting the poor victim of an autocrash everytime Ted Kennedy is mentioned.

It illistrates a lack of intelegent argument if you ask me!

meme
08-27-2009, 12:55 PM

you want to talk about drunks, drugs, murder and rape, you will be talking about the Kennedy clan..

Jarod
08-27-2009, 12:56 PM
you want to talk about drunks, drugs, murder and rape, you will be talking about the Kennedy clan..

You are pittafull.

The topic of this thread was an attempt to discuss the political ramifications of Senator Kennedy's death on the health care bill.

Damocles
08-27-2009, 12:57 PM
No, people aren't stupid enough to suddenly vote for a pile of doo because somebody renamed it.

What was it that Shakespeare said? "A rose by any other name would still be a rose..."

Well there is a converse side, if you name a pile of doo after an old drunk it is still a pile of doo named after an old drunk.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 12:58 PM

Everyone who got arrested twice in one summer for underage drinking raise there hand!

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 12:59 PM
My point was that Kennedy has done a lot for our nation. One can say the same things about Laura Bush as they can about Ted Kennedy. Its a silly diversion to be posting the poor victim of an autocrash everytime Ted Kennedy is mentioned.

how did he help mary jo's health? this guy should have nothing to do with anyone's health....period

i love the left's weak deflection off kennedy every time....as if bush did it to makes kennedy ok....

Jarod
08-27-2009, 12:59 PM
No, people aren't stupid enough to suddenly vote for a pile of doo because somebody renamed it.

DO you really belive that? People voted for Bush after seening the way he ran the nation his first four years!

Damocles
08-27-2009, 01:00 PM
DO you really belive that? People voted for Bush after seening the way he ran the nation his first four years!
Seriously lame. People voted against Kerry because he was worse than the person they already hated.

Anyway, naming a pile of doo after an old drunk does not make it into an old drunk and only people from Mass would vote for that old drunk anyway.

meme
08-27-2009, 01:01 PM
You are pittafull.

The topic of this thread was an attempt to discuss the political ramifications of Senator Kennedy's death on the health care bill.

lol, you bring up about Bush's two daughters and drinking, and because I do the same about the Kennedy clan being not just drunks but rapist, murderers and druggies, I am pitiful..snort.

cawacko
08-27-2009, 01:02 PM

The behavior is what is different but whatever.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Seriously lame. People voted against Kerry because he was worse than the person they already hated.

Anyway, naming a pile of doo after an old drunk does not make it into an old drunk and only people from Mass would vote for that old drunk anyway.

There are plenty of "old drunks" who do lots of good for this world. I respect them by calling them something more than "Old Drunks". I especally honor and respect those who defeat an addiction and turn around there lives.

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 01:04 PM

Yeah, they would have just put the christmas tree outfit on him and shocked the shit out of him. We are preparing GITMO quarters for all of you, better get your bullet ready!

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 01:05 PM
i wonder why you have a problem with her picture? :rolleyes:

I know the meaning behind it. It isn't because you have feelings for May Jo, it is because you have feelings against Kennedy!

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:05 PM
The behavior is what is different but whatever.

You can argue that all day, but to post a photo of this victim of an auto accident everytime the mans name is brought up in the context of a conversation is a lack of intelegent discussion.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 01:06 PM
I know the meaning behind it. It isn't because you have feelings for May Jo, it is because you have feelings against Kennedy!

why do you hate mary jo?

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 01:06 PM
You can argue that all day, but to post a photo of this victim of an auto accident everytime the mans name is brought up in the context of a conversation is a lack of intelegent discussion.

why do you want everyone to forget about mary jo?

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 01:07 PM
why do you hate mary jo?
Mary Jo is gone.

I didn't know her, how could I possibly hate her?

I just let her rest.

Norman Paperman
08-27-2009, 01:07 PM

I'm sure someone will scrounge it up right after Laura Bush is elected to public office. :rolleyes:

By the way, are you even remotely familiar with the Laura Welch incident? Or do you just know that she was driving a car, caused an accident, and someone died?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/laura.asp

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 01:08 PM
hey jarod....you keep ignoring this little tidbit...

how did he help mary jo's health?

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm sure someone will scrounge it up right after Laura Bush is elected to public office. :rolleyes:

By the way, are you even remotley familiar with the Laura Welch incident? Or do you just know that she was driving a car, caused an accident, and someone died?

I think we ought to let this young man rest, also, both very tragic accidents.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:11 PM
why do you want everyone to forget about mary jo?

I dont, why do you hate America?

meme
08-27-2009, 01:12 PM
let him rest...while you all use him to shove down our throats this hostile take over of our health care system...ya betcha.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:12 PM

By the way, are you even remotley familiar with the Laura Welch incident? Or do you just know that she was driving a car, caused an accident, and someone died?

I know she ran a STOP sign at 50 MPH and killed her ex-boyfriend who just happened to be driving through the same innersection.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Mary Jo is gone.

I just let her rest.

trust me....she rests whether we remember her or not....why do you want so desperately for people to forget her?

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 01:16 PM
trust me....she rests whether we remember her or not....why do you want so desperately for people to forget her?

It has been 40 years, the idea is to forgive. Remember forgiveness, you are a Christian or you do follow Jesus, right?

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 01:16 PM
I dont, why do you hate America?

then why do you have a problem with people posting her picture? you sure seem agitated by people posting her picture in rememberence....

as if posting a her picture makes me hate america.....you're so silly

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 01:17 PM
It has been 40 years, the idea is to forgive. Remember forgiveness, you are a Christian or you do follow Jesus, right?

i didn't realize posting someone's picture means i don't forgive....what a shame it is that liberals take such great offense to people talking about her and posting her picture....

now thats partisan hackery....trying to erase the memory that ted killed and most likely guilty of manslaughter at a minimum a young girl....sad really

another thing....why is it ok to keep talking about bush but not kennedy?

PostmodernProphet
08-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Mary Jo is gone.

I just let her rest.

let Teddy rest too....don't try to use him to sell health care reform.....

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 01:19 PM
let Teddy rest too....don't try to use him to sell health care reform.....
I did not plan to, but it would be a fitting tribute to him if the bill was named after him.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:19 PM
then why do you have a problem with people posting her picture? you sure seem agitated by people posting her picture in rememberence....

as if posting a her picture makes me hate america.....you're so silly

No hating an American Hero is just as good a reason to say you hate America, as you saying I hate Mary Jo because I pointed out that her photo had nuthing to do with the discussion.

Norman Paperman
08-27-2009, 01:20 PM
I know she ran a STOP sign at 50 MPH and killed her ex-boyfriend who just happened to be driving through the same innersection.

Then you should know enough to realize that the two cases hold know similarities except for the tragic and untimely death of a young person, and any comparison between the two is absolutely asinine.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 01:22 PM
No hating an American Hero is just as good a reason to say you hate America, as you saying I hate Mary Jo because I pointed out that her photo had nuthing to do with the discussion.

i see.....laura bush bad because she killed someone....kennedy a hero because he killed someone

hypocrite

meme
08-27-2009, 01:22 PM
there have been hero's in this country, but Teddy Kennedy was not one of them..he was a leech off the taxpayers, a drunk, a defendant in a rape trial, and a commie sympathizer...

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 01:24 PM
I did not plan to, but it would be a fitting tribute to him if the bill was named after him.

what did he do for mary jo's health? its sickening that you guys want to name a bill after him....

Damocles
There are plenty of "old drunks" who do lots of good for this world. I respect them by calling them something more than "Old Drunks". I especally honor and respect those who defeat an addiction and turn around there lives.
Right, like you respected Bush for turning his life around after spending a "youth" (into his thirties) being a drunk.

:rolleyes:

You "respect" the D by his name.

IMO, you aren't really feeling the guilt of killing a young woman in a lake when you name your dog Splash... seriously, the guy had respect for power not people.

He cemented a place in history and for that he gets a measure of my respect, but not much of it.

Cancel 2018. 3
there have been hero's in this country, but Teddy Kennedy was not one of them..he was a leech off the taxpayers, a drunk, a defendant in a rape trial, and a commie sympathizer...

no shit....just because i don't think kennedy is hero like the hypocrite jarod somehow makes me hate america....he is so dense he can't even see his hypocrisy in making that statement

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Then you should know enough to realize that the two cases hold know similarities except for the tragic and untimely death of a young person, and any comparison between the two is absolutely asinine.

They both seem to hold a lot of similarities to me.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:27 PM
i see.....laura bush bad because she killed someone....kennedy a hero because he killed someone

hypocrite

I never said Laura Bush was bad.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:28 PM

A defendant in a rape trial?

A commie sympathizer? What is this the McCarthy era?

Cancel 2018. 3
They both seem to hold a lot of similarities to me.

so it is ok to bring up laura bush, who is out of the political spotlight and never really put herself in it.....but it is bad to talk about kennedy's probable manslaughter....

hypocrite

Damocles
This makes me taste a bit of bile. If he wrote it, it would have been named after him. Think of the pill bill. And bills like "McCain/Kennedy"...

It wouldn't make me taste bile if they passed a resolution in respect for Kennedy, but trying to name a turd of a bill that is failing in the public platform in the hopes of getting a modicum of "support" for it is just disgusting partisanship.

DamnYankee
08-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Yeah, they would have just put the christmas tree outfit on him and shocked the shit out of him. We are preparing GITMO quarters for all of you, better get your bullet ready! LOL You crazy Eskimo.

Cancel 2018. 3
I never said Laura Bush was bad.

then why are you even talking about her? she has nothing to do with kennedy killing that girl....

and again....what did kennedy do for her health?

meme
A defendant in a rape trial?

A commie sympathizer? What is this the McCarthy era?

remember Willy Smith, his nephew I believe..

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Right, like you respected Bush for turning his life around after spending a "youth" (into his thirties) being a drunk.

IMO, you aren't really feeling the guilt of killing a young woman in a lake when you name your dog Splash... seriously, the guy had respect for power not people.

He cemented a place in history and for that he gets a measure of my respect, but not much of it.

I do respect that about Bush. I never made a disparaging remark about Bush for having been a drunk.

Laura Bush named her dog Barny, does that mean she did not have remorse over killing a young man on a road???

I would never go around calling someone an "old drunk" because for a period of time they suffered from an addiction, especally when they appeared to have counquored that addiction.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:32 PM
so it is ok to bring up laura bush, who is out of the political spotlight and never really put herself in it.....but it is bad to talk about kennedy's probable manslaughter....

hypocrite

Where did I ever say it was bad to talk about it?

Its against the rules to call people names in this thread.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:33 PM
then why are you even talking about her? she has nothing to do with kennedy killing that girl....

and again....what did kennedy do for her health?

Your question has nuthing to do with what I am talking about. to humor you ill answer... He did nuthing good for her health.

I explained why I mentioned Laura earlier, but Ill do it again for your benefit. I mentioned her because I wanted to point out that people can do something bad, yet still make something respectable for themselves. See above!

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Where did I ever say it was bad to talk about it?

Its against the rules to call people names in this thread.

hypocrite is not against the rules....it simply describes you....:pke:

you are goign off on how stupid it is for people to talk about it....so yes, you're saying it is bad....it wasn't, you would say anything....

nice try

Cancel 2016.2
08-27-2009, 01:35 PM

Hero?

Please... While Ted Kennedy worked hard to do what he thought was best during his almost 5 decades in the Senate, he is not a hero. I think you use the term way too loosely.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:35 PM
remember Willy Smith, his nephew I believe..

How does that make him a defendnat in a Rape trial?

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:36 PM
hypocrite is not against the rules....it simply describes you....:pke:

you are goign off on how stupid it is for people to talk about it....so yes, you're saying it is bad....it wasn't, you would say anything....

nice try

Again, you are lying, I never ever said it was bad to talk about it!

Damocles
I do respect that about Bush. I never made a disparaging remark about Bush for having been a drunk.

Laura Bush named her dog Barny, does that mean she did not have remorse over killing a young man on a road???

I would never go around calling someone an "old drunk" because for a period of time they suffered from an addiction, especally when they appeared to have counquored that addiction.
Was the young man named "Barny"? Was it the "sound" of the crash? Would it make, say, that young man's family be reminded of the sound the car made the night their young son died? Seriously, this is the weakest defense I've ever heard. Now had she named it after the sound a car makes when it passes through a stop sign or after the shriek of metal when the cars collided I might be able to see some equality in this.

And he never appeared to have conquered that addiction.

Jarod
Hero?

Please... While Ted Kennedy worked hard to do what he thought was best during his almost 5 decades in the Senate, he is not a hero. I think you use the term way too loosely.

I belive that voting against the Iraq war was heroic.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Was the young man named "Barny"?

No, was Mary Jo named Splash?

Cancel5

I do respect Bush for giving up the drink and the cocahena...he took the lesser of the evils, religion or was it, it seems it gave him the right to kill more people than did Kennedy, just my opinion.

Norman Paperman
Was the young man named "Barny"? Was it the "sound" of the crash? Would it make, say, that young man's family be reminded of the sound the car made the night their young son died?

No, his name was Michael Douglas.

Damocles
08-27-2009, 01:43 PM
No, but the sound the car made was? Seriously you are being deliberately obtuse here.

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 01:43 PM
His dog was a Portuguese water dog. I think the is the reason he named it Spalsh, and not some other stupid reason, and it wasn't disrespectful as you claim. It is probably the sound the dog made when he jumped in the water. He was also a big splash with Kennedy who dearly loved the dog! One reason the Obama's got one. I guess they were also thinking of disrespecting Mary Jo. must be that D by their name. They all giggle about it, Mary Jo, hahahahaha...

I didn't think you dabbled in absurdities, but I guess even you succumb!

Damocles
08-27-2009, 01:46 PM
His dog was a Portuguese water dog. I think the is the reason he named it Spalsh, and not some other stupid reason, and it wasn't disrespectful as you claim. It is probably the sound the dog made when he jumped in the water. He was also a big splash with Kennedy who dearly loved the dog! One reason the Obama's got one. I guess they were also thinking of disrespecting Mary Jo. must be that D by their name. They all giggle about it, Mary Jo, hahahahaha...

If I had ever done this, and felt the awesome guilt that some people believe he did, something like naming your dog "Splash" would not enter my mind, ever. It isn't a tribute, it is a reminder of the worst moment of my life.

Honestly, there is nothing that showed how little he thought of that night then when I heard him cheerfully talking about his dog "Splash"... The very first thing that came to mind was how Mary's parents would have felt hearing that...

It has nothing to do with the letter by his name, and everything to do with simple decency.

Jarod
Was the young man named "Barny"? Was it the "sound" of the crash? Would it make, say, that young man's family be reminded of the sound the car made the night their young son died? Seriously, this is the weakest defense I've ever heard. Now had she named it after the sound a car makes when it passes through a stop sign or after the shriek of metal when the cars collided I might be able to see some equality in this.

And he never appeared to have conquered that addiction.

So Senator should not have named his "Chinease Water Dog" splash...?

In order to have remorse he had to avoid anything relating to one of the most common substances on Earth? I do not understand that. Laura Drove a car, was that disrespectfull? Laura smoked cigerates, smoke was likely something that was at the accident sceen, does that demonstrate that she lacked remorse?

This is one of the more pittafull arguments Ive seen on this board, and comming from you Damo of all people!

meme

so you were in his mind when he named the dog splash?

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Ohhh, Kennedy kept sailing his sailboat, on WATER, he must not have had any remorse.

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Ohhh, Kennedy kept sailing his sailboat, on WATER, he must not have had any remorse.
He drank water, how dare he!

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Nixon moved to California and lived on the WATER? Do you think that is an example of him not having regret for WATERgate?

Damocles
08-27-2009, 01:50 PM
So Senator should not have named his "Chinease Water Dog" splash...?

In order to have remorse he had to avoid anything relating to one of the most common substances on Earth? I do not understand that. Laura Drove a car, was that disrespectfull? Laura smoked cigerates, smoke was likely something that was at the accident sceen, does that demonstrate that she lacked remorse?

This is one of the more pittafull arguments Ive seen on this board, and comming from you Damo of all people!
First let me say saying, "I'm the rubber you're the glue" at the end is an atual example of pitiful.

Again, deliberately obtuse. Nobody who feels guilt about the worst moment of their life would name their dog something that would remind them about it constantly and then cheerfully talk it up as the greatest name ever. It does not compute.

Now if the young man had died of smoke inhalation and she named her dog "Choke", you might have an argument there.

Cancel 2018. 3
Again, you are lying, I never ever said it was bad to talk about it!

then why are you criticizing it? because it is good?

Jarod
I named my dog "Scout", it must mean I have no regret for having quit the Boyscouts when I was 9.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Your question has nuthing to do with what I am talking about. to humor you ill answer... He did nuthing good for her health.

I explained why I mentioned Laura earlier, but Ill do it again for your benefit. I mentioned her because I wanted to point out that people can do something bad, yet still make something respectable for themselves. See above!

exactly....and it was said that had he called authorities right away, her life probably would have been saved....this guy's name should be on no h/c bill....period....he is not a hero....he is a coward

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Again, deliberately obtuse. Nobody who feels guilt about the worst moment of their life would name their dog something that would remind them about it constantly and then cheerfully talk it up as the greatest name ever. It does not compute.

Maybe he never heard a splash. Maybe the word never had any connection to the accident to him. This is silly. Its really a silly argument. I bet Kennedy drove across bridges later in life.. how disrespectfull!

I know he kept going to the Vinard, he even drank wine made with grapes grown in Vinyards.... and he was staying in Martha's Vinyard when Mary Jo died. He must not have had any regret!

Damocles
08-27-2009, 01:52 PM
I named my dog "Scout", it must mean I have no regret for having quit the Boyscouts when I was 9.
Now had you killed a person in a Scout... Or had you beaten Scouts to death with another Scout you again might have an argument.

Damocles
08-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Maybe he never heard a splash. Maybe the word never had any connection to the accident to him. This is silly. Its really a silly argument. I bet Kennedy drove across bridges later in life.. how disrespectfull!

I know he kept going to the Vinard, he even drank wine made with grapes grown in Vinyards.... and he was staying in Martha's Vinyard when Mary Jo died. He must not have had any regret!
He "remembered" the car flipping over and landing on its roof, this "maybe" is just plain the worst and most inane argument I have ever seen. I have never seen a lawyer that sucked more at arguing than you.

However, again, would the name ever remind Mary's parents of her death? Decency, I just expect basic decency.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:54 PM
First let me say saying, "I'm the rubber you're the glue" at the end is an actual example of pitiful.

Now if the young man had died of smoke inhalation and she named her dog "Choke", you might have an argument there.

She named her daughter Laura, and Laura was the name she had when she killed the guy!!!

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:55 PM
then why are you criticizing it? because it is good?

If you read what I said, I pointed out that it had nuthing to do with the current discussion and was merely an attempt avoid the discussion.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Now had you killed a person in a Scout... Or had you beaten Scouts to death with another Scout you again might have an argument.

Id agree with you on that one, if he had named his dog, Mary Jo!

Damocles
08-27-2009, 01:56 PM
She named her daughter Laura, and Laura was the name she had when she killed the guy!!!
There is no way you are a lawyer if this is your best defense.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:57 PM
He "remembered" the car flipping over and landing on its roof, this "maybe" is just plain the worst and most inane argument I have ever seen. I have never seen a lawyer that sucked more at arguing than you.

However, again, would the name ever remind Mary's parents of her death? Decency, I just expect basic decency.

I suspect just about everything reminds the parents of the death.

People remember different things about an accident... Sound might not be what he remembered or was thinking about 30 years later when he named his "WATER DOG"!

Damocles
08-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Id agree with you on that one, if he had named his dog, Mary Jo!
A Scout (a type of SUV) is an object, like "Splash" a simple noun. You have got to be desperate to defend his action to come up with these.

Damocles
08-27-2009, 01:58 PM
I suspect just about everything reminds the parents of the death.

People remember different things about an accident... Sound might not be what he remembered or was thinking about 30 years later when he named his "WATER DOG"!
There are about a million things that I could name a water dog that wouldn't remind me, or anybody else, of the night I killed a girl. That would not be seen as grossly crass and show a capacity to forget something that would haunt others for the rest of their lives.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:58 PM
A Scout (a type of SUV) is an object, like "Splash" a simple noun. You have got to be desperate to defend his action to come up with these.

"Scout" is the name of a fictional cheractor in the book "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee!

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 01:59 PM
If you read what I said, I pointed out that it had nuthing to do with the current discussion and was merely an attempt avoid the discussion.

ok....you said its not bad....so then this means its good....thanks!

Jarod
08-27-2009, 01:59 PM
There is no way you are a lawyer if this is your best defense.

Responding to an absurd argument with an equally absurd argument is a strong form of illistrating that the origional argument was absurd.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 02:00 PM
ok....you said its not bad....so then this means its good....thanks!

Plenty of things that are not bad are also not good.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 02:01 PM
There are about a million things that I could name a water dog that wouldn't remind me, or anybody else, of the night I killed a girl. That would not be seen as grossly crass and show a capacity to forget something that would haunt others for the rest of their lives.

There are more than a million places Nixon could have moved to that would not have reminded me or anyone else of WATERgate.

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 02:02 PM

May I again, say the same about you and the name Splash. Now if it had been Glub, Glub, I would cal lit into question.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Ted Kennedy's nephew was killed when his airplane crashed into the WATER... Obviously he did not care about John Jr. because he later named his dog SPLASH....

Damocles
08-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Responding to an absurd argument with an equally absurd argument is a strong form of illistrating that the origional argument was absurd.
*sigh*

IMO, the man showed off his capacity to forget what others believe "haunted" him all his life by naming his dog something that would remind anybody with a brain of what is supposedly the "worst" moment of his life. He showed an inability to understand the grief such action could cause for others (the loved ones of Mary Jo) by joyfully announcing it on public airwaves, it is just one example of why I think the man only deserves the minimal amount of respect.

It is also one of the reasons that I believe that he cared about the means to gain power, and was good at convincing people that he "cared" in order to gain what he craved.

Cancel 2016.2
08-27-2009, 02:04 PM

Her daughters names are Barbara and Jenna. Again your intelligence level shines ever so dimly.

Damocles
08-27-2009, 02:05 PM
May I again, say the same about you and the name Splash. Now if it had been Glub, Glub, I would cal lit into question.
Glub, Glub (an idea) is also a simple noun, and IMO would be equally as crass as "Splash".

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Glub, Glub (an idea) is also a simple noun, and IMO would be equally as crass as "Splash".

Well, I guess he should have consulted you and saved himself some face!

Jarod
*sigh*

IMO, the man showed off his capacity to forget what others believe "haunted" him all his life by naming his dog something that would remind anybody with a brain of what is supposedly the "worst" moment of his life. He showed an inability to understand the grief such action could cause for others (the loved ones of Mary Jo) by joyfully announcing it on public airwaves, it is just one example of why I think the man only deserves the minimal amount of respect.

It is also one of the reasons that I believe that he cared about the means to gain power, and was good at convincing people that he "cared" in order to gain what he craved.

To me that is silly. You are grasping at straws on that one.

Jarod
Her daughters names are Barbara and Jenna. Again your intelligence level shines ever so dimly.

I thought you were ignoring me! Ha

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 02:08 PM
I think it reminded him of what happens when a water dog enters the water, but that is just my simple mind, I am not too good at giant leaps!

Damocles
08-27-2009, 02:08 PM
IMO, it is solely because of the "D" by his name. I believe that if anybody with an "R" showed the same incapacity for empathizing with others you would have been all over it like white on rice.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 02:10 PM
IMO, it is solely because of the "D" by his name. I believe that if anybody with an "R" showed the same incapacity for empathizing with others you would have been all over it like white on rice.

Nope, it is you who are doing this because Kennedy has a D by his name. You are grasping because of the D. If I did not have great respect for you due to the other 1000's of posts where you made brilliant remarks... Id take away a reputation point.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 02:13 PM
When Nixon died, I discussed many of the great things he did both while president and after. Certantly watergate will be a part of his legacy... just like Mary Jo will be of Kenendy's but those two events do not erase the good things both of them did.

Cancel 2016.2
08-27-2009, 02:13 PM
I thought you were ignoring me! Ha

that is the excuse for your ignorant comment?

again... your bulb is not very bright.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 02:16 PM
that is the excuse for your ignorant comment?

again... your bulb is not very bright.

No silly, I made a simple mistake, they named the daughter for the grandmother not the mother. But my point was not for that purpose anyway, my point was to illistrate how silly Damo's argument was.

Damocles
08-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Nope, it is you who are doing this because Kennedy has a D by his name. You are grasping because of the D. If I did not have great respect for you due to the other 1000's of posts where you made brilliant remarks... Id take away a reputation point.
Again the "rubber/glue" argument, "Nuh-uh... it's you!" :rolleyes:

Cancel 2016.2
08-27-2009, 02:42 PM
No silly, I made a simple mistake, they named the daughter for the grandmother not the mother. But my point was not for that purpose anyway, my point was to illistrate how silly Damo's argument was.

The point Jarod is that your point made no sense. It did not illustrate any such thing.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 03:09 PM
*sigh*

he named his dog after mary jo? wtf!

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Plenty of things that are not bad are also not good.

well....its not bad....so....

Damocles
08-27-2009, 03:11 PM
he named his dog after mary jo? wtf!
He named the dog "Splash".

Jarod
08-27-2009, 03:17 PM
The point Jarod is that your point made no sense. It did not illustrate any such thing.

Thats your opinion.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Nixon named his dog Checkers... G. Gordon Liddy wore a checkered prison uniform...?

Conicendence? You decide!

Jarod
08-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Clinton named his dog Buddy.

Monica Lewinski was Chubby.

Coincidence? You decide!

Cancel 2016.2
08-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Thats your opinion.

No, that is a fact.

You pointing out that Laura named her daughter after her grandmother has NOTHING to do with Kennedy naming his dog splash. It makes NO sense.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Clinton named his cat Socks...

Paula Jones had socks on her feet when he allegedly sexually harrassed her!

Coiencedence? You decide.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 03:22 PM
No, that is a fact.

You pointing out that Laura named her daughter after her grandmother has NOTHING to do with Kennedy naming his dog splash. It makes NO sense.

Just because you cant understand it, does not mean you are correct when you say it makes no sense...

Jarod
08-27-2009, 03:24 PM
George Washington's dog was named Drunkard... I wonder what he lacked remorse over?

He also had one named Tipsy...!!!!

Man we are breaking into a whole secret aspect of the psychology of American statesmen.!~

Jarod
08-27-2009, 03:27 PM
LBJ had a dog named "him"

Clearly a reference to the Kennedy Assassination.... What other "him" would LBJ be talking about... and how insensative to Jackie!

Jarod
08-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Grants Dog was named "faithfull" Is this a clue that he was not?

Jarod
08-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Adams dog was named Satan! Nuf said!~

Damocles
08-27-2009, 03:29 PM
It shows that either you too lack the capacity to feel empathy for what you deem as other or are willing to ignore the obvious to protect your belief however quickly and foolishly founded or drawn emotively rather than logically they may be.

I can see now why you would choose him as a "hero." IMO you choose your heroes poorly, and your arguments even more poorly.

I have trouble, after seeing you post here, believing you have ever argued in front of a court.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Obama's dog Bo, clearly shows that he is insensative to Blacks as it is a reference to the term "boy" used to address black people... (note the dog has black hair)

Jarod
08-27-2009, 03:32 PM
It shows that either you too lack the capacity to feel empathy for what you deem as other or are willing to ignore the obvious to protect your belief however quickly and foolishly founded or drawn emotively rather than logically they may be.

I can see now why you would choose him as a "hero." IMO you choose your heroes poorly, and your arguments even more poorly.

I have trouble, after seeing you post here, believing you have ever argued in front of a court.

Belive what you choose. Your argument was silly and I belive I have argued that very well with as many silly equivelent examples as I could come up with.

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 03:33 PM

I would not equate the two, your board here is great, but it is not a court of law where he has carefully prepared his case.

I think he tries to pull your leg, rather than participate in serious debate.

I personally didn't agree with your case. I thought it a stretch and thought of mocking you also.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 03:34 PM
I dont understand this sentence..

"It shows that either you too lack the capacity to feel empathy for what you deem as other or are willing to ignore the obvious to protect your belief however quickly and foolishly founded or drawn emotively rather than logically they may be."

Damocles
08-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Belive what you choose. Your argument was silly and I belive I have argued that very well with as many silly equivelent examples as I could come up with.
The problem was they showed no equivalence, and only underlined your total "incapacity" to understand what is obvious to others. Even my young daughter can comprehend the link, but you "cannot."

I think people who lack these empathic skills can be dangerous to others. However I don't think you actually lack them, I believe that you simply are willing to ignore faults in those you consider part of the group to which you belong.

Damocles
08-27-2009, 03:36 PM
I dont understand this sentence..

"It shows that either you too lack the capacity to feel empathy for what you deem as other or are willing to ignore the obvious to protect your belief however quickly and foolishly founded or drawn emotively rather than logically they may be."
Break it down into simple sentences, find the subject, and work it through. It doesn't do your argument well to say you cannot understand complex sentence structure.

Which part was difficult?

The first of the "or" statement, or the second part of it?

There are two ideas within this complex sentence. That you either:

1. lack the capacity to feel empathy for those you deem as "other"
or
2. You are willing to ignore what is obvious in order to protect whatever you believe in, regardless of the foolish speed or emotive nature of how you have drawn your conclusions.

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 03:37 PM
The problem was they showed no equivalence, and only underlined your total "incapacity" to understand what is obvious to others. Even my young daughter can comprehend the link, but you "cannot."

I think people who lack these empathic skills can be dangerous to others. However I don't think you actually lack them, I believe that you simply are willing to ignore faults in those you consider part of the group to which you belong.
Damo, we are all guilty of that, even your daughter! She probably believes you to be the smartest man in the universe.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 03:38 PM

I can stretch my mind to see the link you are claiming... I just belive it is a real stretch in order to condem a man you dont like for other reasons.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Break it down into simple sentences, find the subject, and work it through. It doesn't do your argument well to say you cannot understand complex sentence structure.

Some commas would help.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 03:39 PM
From what I understand the guy did quit drinking, BTW.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 03:40 PM
naming your dog "splash" after the person you killed by drowning is absolutely disgusting....

Damocles
08-27-2009, 03:41 PM
I can stretch my mind to see the link you are claiming... I just belive it is a real stretch in order to condem a man you dont like for other reasons.
When did I "condemn" him? I simply stated it showed a lack of empathy and therefore he deserved less of my respect.

Damocles
08-27-2009, 03:42 PM
From what I understand the guy did quit drinking, BTW.
I believe you are incorrect.

Damocles
08-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Some commas would help.

or
2. You are willing to ignore what is obvious in order to protect whatever you believe in, regardless of the foolish speed or emotive nature of how you have drawn your conclusions.

Damocles
08-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Damo, we are all guilty of that, even your daughter! She probably believes you to be the smartest man in the universe.
This is the reason for the requirement of introspection in my beliefs (and by default that of my daughters).

Jarod
08-27-2009, 03:46 PM
When did I "condemn" him? I simply stated it showed a lack of empathy and therefore he deserved less of my respect.

Sorry, I saw that as condeming him.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 03:47 PM

or

It was a very poorly written sentence, but I dont expect you to admit that!

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 03:47 PM
I believe you are incorrect.
He had long periods where he didn't drink, then he would binge, according to his son.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 03:48 PM
He had long periods where he didn't drink, then he would binge, according to his son.

Well I am sure he has quit now!

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 03:49 PM

Nah, he will continue to kill and drink beyond the grave according to some!

Damocles
08-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeah, that's what I heard as well. But then my alcoholic father did that same thing. It didn't make him less of an alcoholic, but it certainly didn't show his strengths either.

Drinking isn't really something that I dislike him for, for most of my life I loved an old drunk and I still miss him terribly.

Damocles
08-27-2009, 03:51 PM
LOL. Jarod made a funny!

Damocles
08-27-2009, 03:52 PM
It was a very poorly written sentence, but I dont expect you to admit that!
M'eh... It was still comprehensible IMO. But then I'm the one who wrote it.

Damocles
08-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Sorry, I saw that as condeming him.
Why would my respect be so important?

Jarod
08-27-2009, 03:53 PM
M'eh... It was still comprehensible IMO. But then I'm the one who wrote it.

After I went back and studied it, it was comprehensible, that does not make it well written.

christiefan915
08-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Laura Bush wasn't a member of our Congress...how desperate

So the other death wasn't as meaningful since a senator wasn't driving the car?

meme
08-27-2009, 04:16 PM
So the other death wasn't as meaningful since a senator wasn't driving the car?

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 04:16 PM
I guess not...

meme
08-27-2009, 04:17 PM
I guess not...:rolleyes:

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Damn meme is speechless not even a one liner!

She has failed!

christiefan915
08-27-2009, 04:22 PM

You want to talk about drunks, drugs, helping Hitler rise to power, cheating U.S. Customs, pardoning traitors and killing thousands in an illegal, immoral war, you will be talking about the bush clan.

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 04:24 PM
You want to talk about drunks, drugs, helping Hitler rise to power, cheating U.S. Customs, pardoning traitors and killing thousands in an illegal, immoral war, you will be talking about the bush clan.
There are several prominate families in America who can not hold their heads up for past crimes!

they are not suppose to be humans, just rich.

meme
08-27-2009, 04:27 PM

AND?

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 04:28 PM
AND?
Being rich and powerful makes you evil, eeeeeeevviiiiillllll.

christiefan915
08-27-2009, 04:29 PM

What, exactly, is your point? Nobody's forgotten Mary Jo and not a single person here has condoned Ted's actions that night.

meme
08-27-2009, 04:30 PM

that is what you lefties try and teach our the kids, isn't it? unless of course it's one of your own..

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 04:35 PM
that is what you lefties try and teach our the kids, isn't it? unless of course it's one of your own..
Yeah, us lefties teach our children that anyone rich should die, preferably by going to war!

PostmodernProphet
08-27-2009, 04:37 PM

lol.....that is a fundamental aspect of the liberal mantra, yes.....

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 04:38 PM
lol.....that is a fundamental aspect of the liberal mantra, yes.....
Good, I wouldn't want to misrepresent and generalize, I am glad that I got it right!

PostmodernProphet
08-27-2009, 04:44 PM

and some, myself included, think it would be more fitting if he were buried in a prison yard.....

christiefan915
08-27-2009, 04:44 PM
i didn't realize posting someone's picture means i don't forgive....what a shame it is that liberals take such great offense to people talking about her and posting her picture....

now thats partisan hackery....trying to erase the memory that ted killed and most likely guilty of manslaughter at a minimum a young girl....sad really

another thing....why is it ok to keep talking about bush but not kennedy?

Again, what's your point, other than sh*t-stirring? Nobody condoned Ted's actions. He got off with a slap on the wrist because he came from a wealthy, prominent family. That is absolutely reprehensible and we all agree it is. If somebody was making excuses for his actions it would be a different story.

The same thing happened with Laura Bush. She caused the death of a classmate due to reckless driving, with no consequences to her whatsoever. Life was lost in both instances. It's wrong to place a higher value on Mary Jo's life, just because you didn't like Ted. Laura caused a young boy's death when he was just beginning his future. His family grieves just as much as the Kopechne family.

IMO both Ted and Laura paid and will pay for their actions all their lives. If Laura didn't turn to alcohol to numb her memories, more power to her. Both have contributed to the good of the world after their respective tragedies. A pity you can't recognize this, in your animosity.

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 04:45 PM
and some, myself included, think it would be more fitting if he were buried in a prison yard.....

Well, there you have it! He needs to be buried in a prison yard, I am sure that will bring her back! I saw a movie about that one time, bringing back the dead!

christiefan915
08-27-2009, 04:46 PM

Both perps got off with no consequences because of their connections, and that's the bottom line.

PostmodernProphet
08-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Good, I wouldn't want to misrepresent and generalize, I am glad that I got it right!

don't even try to pretend it isn't true....

christiefan915
08-27-2009, 04:47 PM

A multi-millionaire "leech(es) off the taxpayers"?

That's really lame, even for you. :rolleyes:

christiefan915
08-27-2009, 04:48 PM

hypocrite

Please show one post where somebody called Kennedy a hero for killing MJ.

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 04:48 PM
don't even try to pretend it isn't true....
Yes, liberals are the stupidest people on the planet and we all should be buried in prison yards, or incarcerated until we die! Evil poor stupid liberals!

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Yes, liberals are the stupidest people on the planet and we all should be buried in prison yards, or incarcerated until we die! Evil poor stupid liberals!

you sound like a conservative watermark

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Please show one post where somebody called Kennedy a hero for killing MJ.

he killed her and now he is a hero.....i didn't say that, jarod did

christiefan915
08-27-2009, 04:50 PM

hypocrite

Laura Bush was in the spotlight whether she wanted it or not, by virtue of her husband's political career.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Again, what's your point, other than sh*t-stirring? Nobody condoned Ted's actions. He got off with a slap on the wrist because he came from a wealthy, prominent family. That is absolutely reprehensible and we all agree it is. If somebody was making excuses for his actions it would be a different story.

The same thing happened with Laura Bush. She caused the death of a classmate due to reckless driving, with no consequences to her whatsoever. Life was lost in both instances. It's wrong to place a higher value on Mary Jo's life, just because you didn't like Ted. Laura caused a young boy's death when he was just beginning his future. His family grieves just as much as the Kopechne family.

IMO both Ted and Laura paid and will pay for their actions all their lives. If Laura didn't turn to alcohol to numb her memories, more power to her. Both have contributed to the good of the world after their respective tragedies. A pity you can't recognize this, in your animosity.

another liberal he did it too post.....(yawn)

you want to talk about laura, start your own thread....this is about kennedy and laura has nothing, nada, zip to do with kennedy's actions that night

simple really....but libs just have to defend other libs.....by pointing out the fault of a conservative woman who NEVER was involved in politics....why doin't you mention manson....he killed to

christiefan915
08-27-2009, 04:53 PM

For God's sake, it was a Portuguese Water Dog! "Splash" is perfectly fitting, or are you now going to say he should have gotten a spaniel instead to show his respect?

christiefan915
08-27-2009, 04:55 PM
I belive that voting against the Iraq war was heroic.

Damn straight! The only heroic republican in that debacle was Chaffee.

christiefan915
08-27-2009, 04:56 PM
No, but the sound the car made was? Seriously you are being deliberately obtuse here.

:foil:

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 04:57 PM
:foil:
Obtuse, the Damo word of the week!

christiefan915
08-27-2009, 04:58 PM
He drank water, how dare he!

Took showers, OMG!

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 04:59 PM

How do you know it made a splash, maybe it just went kerplunk? or swish?

I would have to see evidence of a splash before I could make a further call on this issue!

christiefan915
08-27-2009, 05:06 PM

He didn't say he was a hero because of MJ's death.

PostmodernProphet
08-27-2009, 05:09 PM

yes and no.....yes to the stupidest people on earth, no to burying you all in prison yards.....we can't afford to build that many prisons.....

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 05:10 PM
yes and no.....yes to the stupidest people on earth, no to burying you all in prison yards.....we can't afford to build that many prisons.....
Oh, that's right and you are conservative fiscally, thanks, I think? oh, that's right, I don't think, I am a liberal! thanks for thinking for me!-

christiefan915
08-27-2009, 05:12 PM
another liberal he did it too post.....(yawn)

you want to talk about laura, start your own thread....this is about kennedy and laura has nothing, nada, zip to do with kennedy's actions that night

simple really....but libs just have to defend other libs.....by pointing out the fault of a conservative woman who NEVER was involved in politics....why doin't you mention manson....he killed to

Yet the thread was about passing the health care bill and you highjacked it with your repeated posts about MJ.

Nobody defended Kennedy's actions in the death. How many times do I have to type that? It's clear your reasons for the repeated MJ posts are because Kennedy had a "D" after his name, not because anybody condoned his behaviour at Chappaquidick.

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Yet the thread was about passing the health care bill and you highjacked it with your repeated posts about MJ.

Nobody defended Kennedy's actions in the death. How many times do I have to type that? It's clear your reasons for the repeated MJ posts are because Kennedy had a "D" after his name, not because anybody condoned his behaviour at Chappaquidick.
Hey, Yurt, I think she got you! That's my girl!

christiefan915
08-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Obtuse, the Damo word of the week!

I know we all indulge in a little pop psychology from time to time, but this "Splash" business is really pushing it!

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 05:14 PM
I know we all indulge in a little pop psychology from time to time, but this "Splash" business is really pushing it!
I thought so, too. It isn't like Damo, but we all have our moments!

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 05:21 PM

how can you talk about healthcare and not about mary jo's health? that is not hijacking anything....you libs would like everyone to forget about mary jo....and mary jo is salient expecially when talking about NAMING a health bill after someone like ted....wake up and stop being so partisan

he killed her and now some are calling him a hero....amazing what a D next to your name does to you libs....you froth at the mouth to defend the person....

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 05:23 PM
What, exactly, is your point? Nobody's forgotten Mary Jo and not a single person here has condoned Ted's actions that night.

good....then you shouldn't be having the hissy fit you are for bringing her up....why does it upset you? why do you want so desperately for people to forget and stop talking about mary jo?

christiefan915
08-27-2009, 05:38 PM
good....then you shouldn't be having the hissy fit you are for bringing her up....why does it upset you? why do you want so desperately for people to forget and stop talking about mary jo?

Hissy fit? LOL.

I've probably remembered and talked about Mary Jo longer than you have.

You're trying to tie Mary Jo's death 40 years ago to a health care bill that wasn't even on the radar screen until decades later.

I guess you don't believe people can rise above their sins and try to redeem themselves through their works afterward.

christiefan915
08-27-2009, 05:43 PM
how can you talk about healthcare and not about mary jo's health? that is not hijacking anything....you libs would like everyone to forget about mary jo....and mary jo is salient expecially when talking about NAMING a health bill after someone like ted....wake up and stop being so partisan

he killed her and now some are calling him a hero....amazing what a D next to your name does to you libs....you froth at the mouth to defend the person....

Your comment that libs want people to forget about MJ is just silly. Are you saying that passing a health care bill and naming it after the person who pushed for it so many years is somehow disrespecting MJ's memory? I don't follow your logic on that.

I'm not going to say this again: NOBODY is defending Kennedy for his actions that night. If you persist in thinking that, it's more a reflection on you than on those you're criticizing.

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Your comment that libs want people to forget about MJ is just silly. Are you saying that passing a health care bill and naming it after the person who pushed for it so many years is somehow disrespecting MJ's memory? I don't follow your logic on that.

I'm not going to say this again: NOBODY is defending Kennedy for his actions that night. If you persist in thinking that, it's more a reflection on you than on those you're criticizing.
She why she is the one I want to be like when I grow up!

PostmodernProphet
08-27-2009, 08:06 PM
I am a liberal! -

and I suppose now that's my fault, too?.....

Damocles
08-27-2009, 08:07 PM
For God's sake, it was a Portuguese Water Dog! "Splash" is perfectly fitting, or are you now going to say he should have gotten a spaniel instead to show his respect?
Again, the type of dog matters not. It shows a huge measure of disconnect and a lack of empathy that made me respect the man less. There was a large portion of this, it showed a pattern. His attempting to take the moral high ground about a "two tier justice" in the US when Ford pardoned Nixon was another moment that was astoundingly hypocritical. His every free breath was a testament to which tier he resided in...

For the place he created for himself in history he merits a portion of my respect, but for all other things I believe him to be totally lacking in empathy, obsessed with power to the point he could not even see his own hypocrisy, and lacking in all introspection.

Repeating what type of dog it is doesn't change that any such word would remind me of what was supposedly "haunting" me for the rest of my life (and what would for any normal person).

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 08:58 PM
and I suppose now that's my fault, too?.....

you're a conservative, everything is your fault

Cancel 2018. 3
08-27-2009, 09:00 PM

just look at your posts.....you visibly upset that anyone should mention mary jo....you've made numerous posts detailing how it bothers you and that basically we should forget mary jo and instead just focus on all kennedy's "good stuff".....

sad really

Jarod
08-28-2009, 07:34 AM
How do you know it made a splash, maybe it just went kerplunk? or swish?

I would have to see evidence of a splash before I could make a further call on this issue!

Love this one!

Jarod
08-28-2009, 07:37 AM

Good Post, I second all of it!

Jarod
08-28-2009, 07:38 AM
Both perps got off with no consequences because of their connections, and that's the bottom line.

Kennedy at least had to face charges... Laura.. not so much.

Jarod
08-28-2009, 07:41 AM

I never said he was a hero for killing someone. He is a Hero for what he did after that, in the face of extreem adversity.

meme
08-28-2009, 07:42 AM
Kennedy at least had to face charges... Laura.. not so much.

awww, I bet that makes you sad..

Jarod
08-28-2009, 07:44 AM
Hissy fit? LOL.

I've probably remembered and talked about Mary Jo longer than you have.

You're trying to tie Mary Jo's death 40 years ago to a health care bill that wasn't even on the radar screen until decades later.

I guess you don't believe people can rise above their sins and try to redeem themselves through their works afterward.

It seems many conservatives do not belive in forgiveness or salvation. Redemption is not possable in that world.

Jarod
08-28-2009, 07:45 AM
Again, the type of dog matters not. It shows a huge measure of disconnect and a lack of empathy that made me respect the man less. There was a large portion of this, it showed a pattern. His attempting to take the moral high ground about a "two tier justice" in the US when Ford pardoned Nixon was another moment that was astoundingly hypocritical. His every free breath was a testament to which tier he resided in...

For the place he created for himself in history he merits a portion of my respect, but for all other things I believe him to be totally lacking in empathy, obsessed with power to the point he could not even see his own hypocrisy, and lacking in all introspection.

Repeating what type of dog it is doesn't change that any such word would remind me of what was supposedly "haunting" me for the rest of my life (and what would for any normal person).

I would assume he chose the type of dog... Much like he chose the name!

Jarod
08-28-2009, 07:46 AM
just look at your posts.....you visibly upset that anyone should mention mary jo....you've made numerous posts detailing how it bothers you and that basically we should forget mary jo and instead just focus on all kennedy's "good stuff".....

sad really

Show me a post where she says we should forget Mary Jo?

Jarod
08-28-2009, 07:47 AM
awww, I bet that makes you sad..

No, I believe he should have faced tougher charges. However I have prosecuted cases where people who killed others in auto accidents were not charged with the homicide...

Cancel 2018. 3
08-28-2009, 09:42 AM
No, I believe he should have faced tougher charges. However I have prosecuted cases where people who killed others in auto accidents were not charged with the homicide...

what about cases where they killed someone, left the scene and did not report the accident for several hours....since you say you are a former prosecutor....what is a prosecutor's most likely first thought....

innocent

or

likely dui and prosecute for manslaughter or murder

Cancel 2018. 3
08-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Show me a post where she says we should forget Mary Jo?

that is why i used the word "basically"....you don't have to use exact words to convey the same meaning

Cancel 2018. 3
08-28-2009, 09:44 AM
It seems many conservatives do not belive in forgiveness or salvation. Redemption is not possable in that world.

what does rememberence and bringing up that he caused her death....have to do with forgiveness....if you are going to talk solely about how great he was....isn't it fair to discuss one major F up that he got away with basically because of his family