PDA

View Full Version : Need Guy Help

LadyT
08-27-2009, 07:21 AM
Is there anyway to get tickets to football play off games now?

charver
08-27-2009, 08:22 AM
I'm no expert in this but don't you have to know who's in the play-offs first to know where they are going to be held?

This may be difficult to predict before the season has started. :D

evince
08-27-2009, 08:41 AM
Lots and lots of money could do it.

Mott the Hoople
08-27-2009, 08:45 AM
Is there anyway to get tickets to football play off games now?Yup. There are ticket agents (professional scalpers) and by God they will scalp you. If money is no object. Thats' the way to go. The best bet is to go to the venue. The closer you get to starting time the more ticket prices drop. If you carry a sign that say's "Need Tickets" you might get lucky and someone with tickets to unload might sell them to you at or near face value (I've done that for football playoffs and NASCAR races).

charver
08-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Yup. There are ticket agents (professional scalpers) and by God they will scalp you. If money is no object. Thats' the way to go. The best bet is to go to the venue. The closer you get to starting time the more ticket prices drop. If you carry a sign that say's "Need Tickets" you might get lucky and someone with tickets to unload might sell them to you at or near face value (I've done that for football playoffs and NASCAR races).

So you can buy playoff tickets today?

Mott the Hoople
08-27-2009, 08:46 AM
I guess I should have read this a little more carefully. The answer is no in regards to the NFL. They don't issue playoff tickets till after the regular season is over.

Damocles
08-27-2009, 08:48 AM
The only way to guarantee that at this time is to hold Season Tickets. If you purchase Season Tickets, when the playoffs come you have first shot at your own seats...

evince
08-27-2009, 08:55 AM
You can advertise in the paper that you will buy someones tickets at a greatly increased price to what they paid.

The economy is still bad enough that I bet you get a taker

Mott the Hoople
08-27-2009, 08:56 AM
The only way to guarantee that at this time is to hold Season Tickets. If you purchase Season Tickets, when the playoffs come you have first shot at your own seats...
That's not a gaurentee. That just improves your odds of being offered the tickets.

Damocles
08-27-2009, 08:58 AM
That's not a gaurentee. That just improves your odds of being offered the tickets.
I guess it would depend on the team. It is a guarantee here, if you have Season Tickets you have right of first refusal.

cawacko
08-27-2009, 09:00 AM
I guess it would depend on the team. It is a guarantee here, if you have Season Tickets you have right of first refusal.

I've not heard of season ticket holders not being able to get their seats for the playoffs.

cawacko
08-27-2009, 09:05 AM

LadyT, as someone else said short of buying season tickets there's nothing you can really do now as playoff tickets aren't available until the end of the season.

If it is a really really desperate situation you could probably go to a local ticket broker shop and draw up an agreement saying I'll pay you X amount today (probably a large sum) for the right to buy two playoff tickets if my team makes it. I've not heard of anyone doing that but for the right amount of money you probably could. Again, I would only recommend that if it is a desperate situation. As a gift I wouldn't go to those lenghts.

evince
08-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Internet and paper adds to offer to buy someones ticket at 5 times what they paid for it would work.

Its all about the money baby

LadyT
08-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Ugh... After I posted this thread I quickly found how much tickets to the eagles games cost. I was trying to get either box seats for my bf's birthday to a Giants game or mid lower level seats . The total 4 two tix was 650. I decided boxed phillies tix were just as good. I really don't understand sports stuff so I have no point of reference for what's reasonable. I just know that the equivalent of a carribean vacay can't b worth it -

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 04:22 PM
It was funny, but not in hockey, not in Alaska. People were so angry when those at home who got on their computers first got tickets and they didn't!

Mott the Hoople
08-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Ugh... After I posted this thread I quickly found how much tickets to the eagles games cost. I was trying to get either box seats for my bf's birthday to a Giants game or mid lower level seats . The total 4 two tix was 650. I decided boxed phillies tix were just as good. I really don't understand sports stuff so I have no point of reference for what's reasonable. I just know that the equivalent of a carribean vacay can't b worth it -

Then go to the Carribean and model that new thong bikini for him. Trust me, he'll forget all about football.......and you'll get to go shopping! :)

Minister of Truth
08-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Yup. There are ticket agents (professional scalpers) and by God they will scalp you. If money is no object. Thats' the way to go. The best bet is to go to the venue. The closer you get to starting time the more ticket prices drop. If you carry a sign that say's "Need Tickets" you might get lucky and someone with tickets to unload might sell them to you at or near face value (I've done that for football playoffs and NASCAR races).

Why the hell would you buy NASCAR tickets?

Mott the Hoople
08-31-2009, 01:58 PM
Why the hell would you buy NASCAR tickets?My wifes a NASCAR fan. A very atypical one at that but still a NASCAR fan.

Damocles
08-31-2009, 02:17 PM
My wifes a NASCAR fan. A very atypical one at that but still a NASCAR fan.
Right turn! Right turn! Left... (Me taking a nap...)

And Dick Trickle wins!

(Me waking up...)

Oh, cool. They're looking for Bigfoot on Monster Quest!

DamnYankee
08-31-2009, 05:43 PM
Just put on a cheerleaders uniform and play ball with him that way. He won't give two shits about the game after that.

Mott the Hoople
08-31-2009, 05:45 PM
Right turn! Right turn! Left... (Me taking a nap...)

And Dick Trickle wins!

(Me waking up...)

Oh, cool. They're looking for Bigfoot on Monster Quest!First time I went to a NASCAR race my sister the lesbian wanted me to get her a Dick Trickle T-Shirt. I didn't because it was it was just so wrong on so many levels.

Actually NASCAR is a lot of fun in the same way that wrasslin is fun. It's good entertainment and you try not to take it to serious even if Grandma does.

Mott the Hoople
08-31-2009, 05:48 PM
Just put on a cheerleaders uniform and play ball with him that way. He won't give two shits about the game after that.
See! SM This just proves that North Carolina is a basketball state. Us men folk here in Ohio won't put up with that shit durin a football game. All may be fair in love n war but by god football is football!!!

(Word of advise to the lady folks. Don't make wedding plans during football season if you marrying a Buckeye, it's a baaaad idea and can cause early disillusionment.)

DamnYankee
08-31-2009, 05:50 PM
First time I went to a NASCAR race my sister the lesbian wanted me to get her a Dick Trickle T-Shirt. I didn't because it was it was just so wrong on so many levels.

Actually NASCAR is a lot of fun in the same way that wrasslin is fun. It's good entertainment and you try not to take it to serious even if Grandma does. There's a seafood restaurant at the OBX called Dirty Dicks, and the sell T shirts that say "I got my crabs at Dirty Dicks".

DamnYankee
08-31-2009, 05:54 PM
See! SM This just proves that North Carolina is a basketball state. Us men folk here in Ohio won't put up with that shit durin a football game. All may be fair in love n war but by god football is football!!!

(Word of advise to the lady folks. Don't make wedding plans during football season if you marrying a Buckeye, it's a baaaad idea and can cause early disillusionment.) Dooooood:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/30/NC_TrophiesASU.jpg

And look, there's snow out past the parking lot.

Mott the Hoople
08-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Dooooood:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/30/NC_TrophiesASU.jpg

And look, there's snow out past the parking lot.Thems just cheap imitation trophies! Who you foolin?