PDA

View Full Version : APP - Teddy, Bobby and Jack... Thank You!

Jarod
08-26-2009, 07:09 AM
These three men, two were killed in service to America and the other dedicated his life in service to America should be honored!

Thank you Ted Kennedy!

WinterBorn
08-26-2009, 07:11 AM
Bobby was the bestof the three, imo. He wanted to make good changes and wanted to do it for unselfish reasons.

Jack was sort of forced into politics after his older brother was killed.

Ted backed too many things I disagree with profoundly.

Jarod
08-26-2009, 07:23 AM
Bobby was the bestof the three, imo. He wanted to make good changes and wanted to do it for unselfish reasons.

Jack was sort of forced into politics after his older brother was killed.

Ted backed too many things I disagree with profoundly.

You can disagree with a man and still appreciate his service. Ted was a LIBERAL LION... and I respect that. Reagan backed many many things I disagreed with but I still respect his service and at his death was happy to show respect and gratitude.

WinterBorn
08-26-2009, 07:25 AM
You can disagree with a man and still appreciate his service. Ted was a LIBERAL LION... and I respect that. Reagan backed many many things I disagreed with but I still respect his service and at his death was happy to show respect and gratitude.

I did so.

Jarod
08-26-2009, 07:39 AM
I did so.

How so?

Damocles
08-26-2009, 07:49 AM
Ted wasn't killed in the manner that John and Bobby were. It very much isn't the same thing.

That being said, Ted served for a very long time and will live on in history, something most of us will never be able to say. I disagreed with him almost perfectly, but he had a measure of my respect.

SmarterthanYou
08-26-2009, 08:02 AM

Ted Kennedy was a totalitarian. It was all about controlling people, not allowing freedom.

WinterBorn
08-26-2009, 08:22 AM
How so?

I posted a R.I.P. in the first thread I saw on his death, and expressed my sympathies for his family.

tinfoil
08-26-2009, 08:28 AM
He's dead? I hope he's had a chance to see Mary Jo before he slips on down to the basement

Jarod
08-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Ted wasn't killed in the manner that John and Bobby were. It very much isn't the same thing.

That being said, Ted served for a very long time and will live on in history, something most of us will never be able to say. I disagreed with him almost perfectly, but he had a measure of my respect.

I never said it was the same, in fact I specifically seperated the two from the one.

Jarod
Ted Kennedy was a totalitarian. It was all about controlling people, not allowing freedom.

How so?

Jarod
I posted a R.I.P. in the first thread I saw on his death, and expressed my sympathies for his family.

I missed that, sorry!

SmarterthanYou
08-26-2009, 09:00 AM
How so?

look at his final request to change the special election law in his state? If he was about freedom, he'd be happy to let the people decide, but he was about control, especially political, so he advocated changing the law 4 years later so a dem gov could select his replacement.

Canceled1
08-26-2009, 11:08 AM
look at his final request to change the special election law in his state? If he was about freedom, he'd be happy to let the people decide, but he was about control, especially political, so he advocated changing the law 4 years later so a dem gov could select his replacement.

Ted Kennedy wanted it his way til the end. I am sorry for his family, his children, his wife, but especially Caroline Kennedy who has lost the last vestiges of her father when her uncle passed.

Ted never adequately addressed the Chappaquiddick incident and the death of Mary Jo Kopechne. That will forever mar him.

Well that and being a liberal... :cof1:

Canceled2
08-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Ted Kennedy wanted it his way til the end. I am sorry for his family, his children, his wife, but especially Caroline Kennedy who has lost the last vestiges of her father when her uncle passed.

Ted never adequately addressed the Chappaquiddick incident and the death of Mary Jo Kopechne. That will forever mar him.

Well that and being a liberal... :cof1:

Do you remember how rude he was during the confirmation hearings for Bush's SC nominations, especially Alito?

http://www.cornellamerican.com/article.php?id=125&page=view

Bonestorm
08-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Do you remember how rude he was during the confirmation hearings for Bush's SC nominations, especially Alito?

http://www.cornellamerican.com/article.php?id=125&page=view

You realize that you are citing to a conservative college newspaper op-ed don't you?

SmarterthanYou
08-26-2009, 12:05 PM
You realize that you are citing to a conservative college newspaper op-ed don't you?

with seemingly accurate portrayals of the dems on that committee.

Bonestorm
08-26-2009, 12:12 PM
with seemingly accurate portrayals of the dems on that committee.

I just don't see what value is added to a post by linking to what some conservative college kid says about how Kennedy treated Alito. It's weird.

And if you think it "seemingly accurate" that Kennedy "essentially called Alito a girl" for saying that Alito was a "cheerleader for the imperial presidency" you need have your head examined. Also.

meme
08-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Teddy boy was nothing like his brothers..

all I can say is adios

Cancel5
08-26-2009, 12:25 PM
He's dead? I hope he's had a chance to see Mary Jo before he slips on down to the basement

I think he lived his life as a tribute to her. I think he felt remorse and had to live with it every day of his life, just others who have indulged in too much to drink and done something stupid.

I think the Christian god would forgive him, don't you. And Mary Jo might very well be there to greet him at the pearly gates if she is there.

I just thought that was what forgiveness was all about! I may be wrong, I am not a Christian, but I do know Jesus' rule.

Canceled1
08-26-2009, 01:28 PM
I just don't see what value is added to a post by linking to what some conservative college kid says about how Kennedy treated Alito. It's weird.

And if you think it "seemingly accurate" that Kennedy "essentially called Alito a girl" for saying that Alito was a "cheerleader for the imperial presidency" you need have your head examined. Also.

Well don't read it then.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-27-2009, 07:16 AM

You can't see things after you're dead.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-27-2009, 07:18 AM

Select the replacement until another can be elected.

Personally, I think they should just hold the election within 15-30 days rather than waiting a gobsmacking 6 months. Those laws were ancient, and it took that much time back then, but it doesn't now.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-27-2009, 07:19 AM
Think about it...

Jack Kennedy president until 1968
Bobby Kennedy president until 1976
Ted Kennedy president until 1984

We could've skipped the whole conservative revolution! We'd be such a better country right now! What a tragedy...

WinterBorn
08-27-2009, 07:21 AM
Think about it...

Jack Kennedy president until 1968
Bobby Kennedy president until 1976
Ted Kennedy president until 1984

We could've skipped the whole conservative revolution! We'd be such a better country right now! What a tragedy...

There was no way in hell that Teddy was gonna run for president. He didn't want to follow in his brother's footsteps.

Bobby was the best of the three, and would have made a great president.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-27-2009, 07:25 AM
There was no way in hell that Teddy was gonna run for president. He didn't want to follow in his brother's footsteps.

Bobby Kennedy getting shot is definitely one of the primary things that lead to the conservative revolution. We got stuck with crappy Carter in 1976, and we would've been better off just losing that one.

I mean, just everything possible, every possible tragedy and mistake, that could've happened in the past forty years to hamper progress, did.

Cancel 2016.2
08-27-2009, 07:56 AM

He was.... right up until Mary Jo died... his aspirations for President died with her.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 08:21 AM

Teddy did run for president... ! 1980 I belive he challanged Jimmy Carter for the nomination. Maybe it was 76'.

WinterBorn
08-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Teddy did run for president... ! 1980 I belive he challanged Jimmy Carter for the nomination. Maybe it was 76'.

It was 1980. It was a horribly disorganized campaign. Odd that someone who had campaigned so well for the senate, and from such a politically powerful family would be unable to organize a decent campaign.

I have always agreed with the notion that he did not want to win.

Jarod
08-27-2009, 08:48 AM
It was 1980. It was a horribly disorganized campaign. Odd that someone who had campaigned so well for the senate, and from such a politically powerful family would be unable to organize a decent campaign.

Maybe... plenty of people do that for various reasons.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-27-2009, 10:08 AM

It was kind of half hearted. He knew he couldn't ever win president after Chappaquiddick. If that wouldn't have happened, he would've had a good shot at taking 1972.

cawacko
08-27-2009, 10:17 AM
For those who were around and remember how big a deal was Chappaquiddick at the time? Obviously today something like that would hit the internet and be around the world in a few seconds. When the incident occurred we were obviously in a vastly different time period as far as communications.

Cancel5
08-27-2009, 04:29 PM
For those who were around and remember how big a deal was Chappaquiddick at the time? Obviously today something like that would hit the internet and be around the world in a few seconds. When the incident occurred we were obviously in a vastly different time period as far as communications.
Same year we landed on the moon!

NOVA
08-27-2009, 05:01 PM
These three men, two were killed in service to America and the other dedicated his life in service to America should be honored!

Thank you Ted Kennedy!

Arlington National Cemetery, in Arlington, Virginia is a military cemetery in the United States...the resting place of heros...
Its a slap in the face to those heros to allow this drunkin sot, Army private, the coward responsible for a young girls death, to pass the gates of this honored place...

FUCK THE POLICE
08-28-2009, 12:54 AM
Arlington National Cemetery, in Arlington, Virginia is a military cemetery in the United States...the resting place of heros...
Its a slap in the face to those heros to allow this drunkin sot, Army private, the coward responsible for a young girls death, to pass the gates of this honored place...

Anyone who serves in the military, and their children, are entitled to be buried at Arlington. He was sent there to be with his two brothers.

PostmodernProphet
08-28-2009, 05:04 AM
I mean, just everything possible, every possible tragedy and mistake, that could've happened in the past forty years to hamper progress, did.

we're still busy trying to hamper YOUR flavor of "progress".....

WinterBorn
08-28-2009, 06:14 AM

If I am not mistaken, as a US Senator, he earned the right to be buried in Arlington.

There are people in that cemetary who don't deserve it, but Ted is not one of those.

Jarod
08-28-2009, 07:26 AM
Ted Kennedy is an American Hero and he is buried in the place for the burial of American heros. Along with his brothers!

meme
08-28-2009, 07:36 AM
Teddy boy is a American hero only to a few select brain dead lefties who evidently have no "real" heroes in their lives..:)

WinterBorn
08-28-2009, 07:45 AM
Whether he is a hero or not does not change whether he is qualified to be buried in Arlington.

There are plenty of war heros that were not buried in Arlington, and plenty of average-joes who served during peacetime that are buried in Arlington.

Being a Hero has no bearing on whether you are buried in Arlington.

Jarod
08-28-2009, 08:01 AM
Teddy boy is a American hero only to a few select brain dead lefties who evidently have no "real" heroes in their lives..:)

I dono, he is going to burried in Arlington, the place set aside for American Heros...!

Jarod
08-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Whether he is a hero or not does not change whether he is qualified to be buried in Arlington.

There are plenty of war heros that were not buried in Arlington, and plenty of average-joes who served during peacetime that are buried in Arlington.

Being a Hero has no bearing on whether you are buried in Arlington.

Anyone who served is a hero to me.

WinterBorn
08-28-2009, 08:21 AM
I dono, he is going to burried in Arlington, the place set aside for American Heros...!

No, it is a place set aside for those who served the US.

Most are military, but also some elected officials earned the right.

If you want to call them all heros, that is fine.

meme
08-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Anyone who served is a hero to me.

so George Bush is a hero to you?

belme1201
08-28-2009, 08:29 AM

....and your heroes are?

belme1201
08-28-2009, 08:35 AM

Knowing the source of this comment, it becomes the highest praise anyone could possibly receive. I thank you.
May I ask what you have against Army privates? Maybe you can reinforce my positive feelings about them too.

meme
08-28-2009, 08:40 AM
....and your heroes are?

a couple of Presidents I "admire"..one Democrat, one Republican. but I don't elevate them to hero worshipping.
but Teddy Kennedy as a 'hero' is disgusting to me, he was a scum bag of a human being who's only real job was living off the taxpayers and making up laws that he or his family would never consider following themselves...

Jarod
08-28-2009, 09:24 AM
so George Bush is a hero to you?

IN that he served, sure. I should however amend what I said to read, "Anyone who served honorably, is a hero to me."

meme
08-28-2009, 09:39 AM
IN that he served, sure. I should however amend what I said to read, "Anyone who served honorably, is a hero to me."

hypocrite