PDA

View Full Version : Left and Right

Annie
08-24-2009, 07:36 PM
All that are here, paid or unpaid, for the simple reason to push an agenda should reveal their purpose. Then we can use those caveats in making our own evaluations on issues. That's my simple honest opinion. I see both.

uscitizen
08-24-2009, 07:43 PM
All that are here, paid or unpaid, for the simple reason to push an agenda should reveal their purpose. Then we can use those caveats in making our own evaluations on issues. That's my simple honest opinion. I see both.

Now that is totally unamerican! Politically that is.

cawacko
08-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Annie, if a poster is really getting paid to be on this board then someone is wasting a whole lot of money. How many people post here regularly? Maybe 20 tops? And considering this board pretty much consists of people who have their minds made up already politically speaking it would be a real waste of time if someone was truly getting paid to try and switch opinions.

uscitizen
08-24-2009, 07:56 PM
No one else gets paid??

Annie
08-24-2009, 08:26 PM
A few have responded. Surprisingly from the left, though not transparency, just slams about raising the questions. On the other hand, nor responses from those that consistently are right wing talking points. At least the left attacked.

uscitizen
08-24-2009, 08:35 PM
The right have a more coherrent base of who they support. Business, and recently religious morality.
The left are more fragmented.

USFREEDOM911
08-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Annie, if a poster is really getting paid to be on this board then someone is wasting a whole lot of money. How many people post here regularly? Maybe 20 tops? And considering this board pretty much consists of people who have their minds made up already politically speaking it would be a real waste of time if someone was truly getting paid to try and switch opinions.

What about DNC??

Damocles
08-24-2009, 10:23 PM
Wouldn't it rock though? I'd do it if it was offered... unfortunately there isn't much of a market out there and nobody is changing their opinions.

USFREEDOM911
08-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Wouldn't it rock though? I'd do it if it was offered... unfortunately there isn't much of a market out there and nobody is changing their opinions.

I think changing peoples minds, would be one of the guidelines that could determine your success.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-24-2009, 11:17 PM

No one is going to pay you to post on a political forum. The audience is too small - it wouldn't be worth it politically unless you were paying a lot less than minimum wage.

Push an agenda? You mean here for an organization promoting a cause? I don't know anyone who fits that bill, although obviously there are probably people who are members of political organizations.

Annie
08-25-2009, 04:50 AM
No one is going to pay you to post on a political forum. The audience is too small - it wouldn't be worth it politically unless you were paying a lot less than minimum wage.

Push an agenda? You mean here for an organization promoting a cause? I don't know anyone who fits that bill, although obviously there are probably people who are members of political organizations.

How many boards do they post the same talking points? How many blog comments?

Mott the Hoople
08-25-2009, 05:14 AM
A few have responded. Surprisingly from the left, though not transparency, just slams about raising the questions. On the other hand, nor responses from those that consistently are right wing talking points. At least the left attacked.
Uhh two have responded (now at least three) and Cawacko is hardly from the left nor did he attack. He essentially asked you "What would be the point?" and you failed to respond.

Mott the Hoople
08-25-2009, 05:17 AM
Wouldn't it rock though? I'd do it if it was offered... unfortunately there isn't much of a market out there and nobody is changing their opinions.Hell I'll change my opinion for $20. Not only am I a whore. I'm a cheap whore. You name the topic, I'll state my opinion, then give me $20 and I'll change it. Give me another $20 and I'll change it again. Is this unprincipled? Probably but hell, business is business.

cawacko
08-25-2009, 07:15 AM
Hell I'll change my opinion for $20. Not only am I a whore. I'm a cheap whore. You name the topic, I'll state my opinion, then give me $20 and I'll change it. Give me another $20 and I'll change it again. Is this unprincipled? Probably but hell, business is business.

LMAO! I would be the same as you except I think they mean changing other people's opinions who aren't getting paid. LOL... those a*holes are a little tougher...

WinterBorn
08-25-2009, 07:26 AM
I think, as someone said, the people here have already made up their minds. So we are not debating to change people.

Maybe that is why it is usually name calling and bullshit rather then open and honest discussion?

Blackwater Lunchbreak
08-25-2009, 07:46 AM
I think, as someone said, the people here have already made up their minds. So we are not debating to change people.

Maybe that is why it is usually name calling and bullshit rather then open and honest discussion?

You wouldn't know honest discussion even if it rimmed you with a hairy tongue.

Damocles
08-25-2009, 07:48 AM
Hell I'll change my opinion for $20. Not only am I a whore. I'm a cheap whore. You name the topic, I'll state my opinion, then give me $20 and I'll change it. Give me another $20 and I'll change it again. Is this unprincipled? Probably but hell, business is business.
If they gave me enough to make a living I'd go ahead and hump for whoever wanted, unless it was truly gross like the Hatless Dogs Association or something. They'd have to find one of those weirdos who let their dogs run around without hats and stuff.

charver
08-25-2009, 07:50 AM
If they gave me enough to make a living I'd go ahead and hump for whoever wanted, unless it was truly gross like the Hatless Dogs Association or something. They'd have to find one of those weirdos who let their dogs run around without hats and stuff.

I'm glad to hear that you still have some moral scruples.

Mott the Hoople
08-25-2009, 08:47 AM

Maybe that is why it is usually name calling and bullshit rather then open and honest discussion?Actually I think there are quite a number of people on this board who are persuadable. It's not easy to do and you have to line up your ducks. In poltics being open minded is extremely difficult not only because we all have our own prejudices and bias's but because being persuaded in politics can and is often viewed as weakness. Look at how politicians are savaged when they are thoughtfull about an issue. Their accused of being flip floppers, wishy-washy, wafflers, etc.

That applies here too. Having said that. I work hard to be open minded and someone with compelling evidence or information can persuade me.

Mott the Hoople
08-25-2009, 08:50 AM
I'm glad to hear that you still have some moral scruples.
To paraphrase Addie Loggins from Paper Moon....If he has scrupples I'm sure they belong to someone else!

Mott the Hoople
08-25-2009, 08:52 AM
If they gave me enough to make a living I'd go ahead and hump for whoever wanted, unless it was truly gross like the Hatless Dogs Association or something. They'd have to find one of those weirdos who let their dogs run around without hats and stuff.You sir are a deeply disturbed individual.

evince
08-25-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm with Damo, find me someone to pay me to say whatever I believe on that series of tubes called the internets and I will gladly take the paycheck.

uscitizen
08-25-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm with Damo, find me someone to pay me to say whatever I believe on that series of tubes called the internets and I will gladly take the paycheck.

How about being paid to say what you do not believe?

Mott the Hoople
08-25-2009, 09:01 AM
I'm with Damo, find me someone to pay me to say whatever I believe on that series of tubes called the internets and I will gladly take the paycheck.Why pay you two anything when you can pay a cheap whore like me $20? :)

Mott the Hoople
08-25-2009, 09:02 AM
How about being paid to say what you do not believe?I'll do that to...cost ya $20!

charver
08-25-2009, 09:06 AM
I'll do that to...cost ya $20!

Let's just get this straight, Mott.

You'll do anything for $20?

(Before you answer, bear in mind that there are virgins on the board who have access to motor vehicles and a map)

Mott the Hoople
08-25-2009, 09:15 AM

(Before you answer, bear in mind that there are virgins on the board who have access to motor vehicles and a map)
If they can't even figure out how to get laid, what makes you think they can read a map?

Mott the Hoople
08-25-2009, 09:21 AM

(Before you answer, bear in mind that there are virgins on the board who have access to motor vehicles and a map)I didn't say I would do anything for $20. I said I'd change my opinion for $20. Keep in mind that "cheap" is a relative term and I do work on a sliding scale (no pun intended).

Blackwater Lunchbreak
08-25-2009, 09:22 AM
If they can't even figure out how to get laid, what makes you think they can read a map?

By the way. Everyone knows I'm actually the best debater. It's just that so many here have had their egos totally reduced to nothing by the power of my intellect that they begin "splitting" and engaging in irrational devaluation to protect their tiny selves. You're a safe non threatening choice.

Mott the Hoople
08-25-2009, 09:30 AM
By the way. Everyone knows I'm actually the best debater. It's just that so many here have had their egos totally reduced to nothing by the power of my intellect that they begin "splitting" and engaging in irrational devaluation to protect their tiny selves. You're a safe non threatening choice.
Well last I heard there were a number of categories that you were leading in that Grind decided not to give an award for.

Best Example of the long term damange of Prozac Award - Asshat.

Most Dangerous Person With a Plastic Spoon Award - Asshat

Best Pudding Eater Award - Asshat

Now it's my understanding it was close race between you and Dixie for the Prozac and Pudding Award but you were the clear leader of the Plastic Spoon Award.

Mott the Hoople
08-25-2009, 09:32 AM
Grind. Can you create a special "Plastic Spoon" Award for Asshat?

Blackwater Lunchbreak
08-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Grind. Can you create a special "Plastic Spoon" Award for Asshat?

see. devaluation of me to protect your own ego. It's textbook.

Mott the Hoople
08-25-2009, 09:39 AM
see. devaluation of me to protect your own ego. It's textbook.
Does that mean you prefer the pudding award?

Blackwater Lunchbreak
08-25-2009, 09:42 AM
Does that mean you prefer the pudding award?

again, more incessant devaluation of other to protect self. I forgive your weakminded defense mechanisms.

Mott the Hoople
08-25-2009, 09:44 AM
again, more incessant devaluation of other to protect self. I forgive your weakminded defense mechanisms.The Prozac award then?

Blackwater Lunchbreak
08-25-2009, 09:46 AM
The Prozac award then?

So when you're done listing the funny ahz awards, what then?

Mott the Hoople
08-25-2009, 09:51 AM
So when you're done listing the funny ahz awards, what then?What then? Hell what we always do. Give you a bowl of pudding and plastic spoon. Sheesh. Just can't make you happy can we?

Blackwater Lunchbreak
08-25-2009, 10:47 AM
What then? Hell what we always do. Give you a bowl of pudding and plastic spoon. Sheesh. Just can't make you happy can we?

*throws pudding against padded cell wall and starts masturbating*

Minister of Truth
08-25-2009, 11:38 AM
again, more incessant devaluation of other to protect self. I forgive your weakminded defense mechanisms.

Hey, you know what? You're a dick!