PDA

View Full Version : APP - republicans Vs afghanistan

Don Quixote
08-23-2009, 08:14 AM
i think that the reps will come out against the afghan war

they are already calling it bho's war...

uscitizen
08-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Of course they will. We do not have a Republican president now.
But they were for it before they were against it.

but only dems are flip floppers?

I have a bit of difficulty grasping "Republican logic".

Don Quixote
08-23-2009, 10:23 AM

I have a bit of difficulty grasping "Republican logic".

opportunistic politician logic

Cancel 2018. 3
08-23-2009, 11:53 AM
?

where do you get this from? so what you're saying is....obama's command of the war in afghanistan and his change in strategy from bush doesn't make it his?

cawacko
08-23-2009, 03:45 PM

lol... wait, you guys are calling Republicans flip-floppers and citizen is projecting all over the place because DQ thinks the Republicans might turn against it? And particular reason you think they might turn against it DQ? Any evidence to back up what you believe?

Barack Obama sure as hell didn't start the war in Afghanistan and I don't think he was even in Congress at the time it started. But as CIC what we do going forward is his call. So yeah as CIC you stand to be the one congratulated or criticized based on your decisions. It's as if the mere thought that something might occur where Obama might get critized turns you and citizen into little whiny teenagers (no offense DQ).

uscitizen
08-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Pitiful attempt at deflection Cawacko.
c-

Cancel 2018. 3
08-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Pitiful attempt at deflection Cawacko.
c-

both cawacko and i have asked where you guys get this from? and this is your answer....

F

cawacko
08-23-2009, 04:40 PM
both cawacko and i have asked where you guys get this from? and this is your answer....

F

LMAO!!! That was his response? So DQ says 'I think the Republicans are going to turn against Afghanistan'. (I apologize Yurt for not including you here if you said the same thing) So I ask DQ why he believes that or if he has any evidence and that is deflecting?

Based on what DQ says citizen then starts talking about Republicans flip-flopping and were for it before they were against it and how he can't understand them all based upon DQ saying he thinks the Republicans won't support the war in Afghanistan. That is classic projection right there. And that is exactly what I responded to. Where is there any deflection in that? There isn't. You just got called out citizen and don't like it so you throw out a baseless accusation. Step up your game sir.

Don Quixote
08-23-2009, 06:14 PM
?

where do you get this from? so what you're saying is....obama's command of the war in afghanistan and his change in strategy from bush doesn't make it his?

bush started the war with regard to his declaration of war on terrorism

bho has found it necessary to continue the war and give it the priority that it deserved

perhaps it would be best to say that it is both of their war

Don Quixote
08-23-2009, 06:18 PM
LMAO!!! That was his response? So DQ says 'I think the Republicans are going to turn against Afghanistan'. (I apologize Yurt for not including you here if you said the same thing) So I ask DQ why he believes that or if he has any evidence and that is deflecting?

Based on what DQ says citizen then starts talking about Republicans flip-flopping and were for it before they were against it and how he can't understand them all based upon DQ saying he thinks the Republicans won't support the war in Afghanistan. That is classic projection right there. And that is exactly what I responded to. Where is there any deflection in that? There isn't. You just got called out citizen and don't like it so you throw out a baseless accusation. Step up your game sir.

i saw a rep us senator on cnn saying that he would not support putting more troops into afganistan...other than mccain

i think that the reps will use the afghan war against bho even if bushco started it

Cancel 2018. 3
08-23-2009, 06:18 PM
bush started the war with regard to his declaration of war on terrorism

bho has found it necessary to continue the war and give it the priority that it deserved

perhaps it would be best to say that it is both of their war

yes, i agree with that....i haven't heard anyone say it isn't bush's war to begin with....

evince
08-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Pakistan has nukes folks.

There is a reason we need to help defeat the Taliban's ambition in the area.

Cancel5
08-23-2009, 06:21 PM

The "Muslims bomb", the only Muslims bomb.

Don Quixote
08-23-2009, 06:23 PM

sadly, i agree

seems strange what with the war on drugs and all that we have to support a nation that is the main producer of heroin/opium

evince
08-23-2009, 06:25 PM
We cant just walk out of the area and leave because of the mess the area is in.

I wish we could leave but Bush screwed it up but good by ignoring the true threat in the area to go after the money maker for him and his cronies.

cawacko
08-23-2009, 06:26 PM
i saw a rep us senator on cnn saying that he would not support putting more troops into afganistan...other than mccain

i think that the reps will use the afghan war against bho even if bushco started it

You can make legitimate arguments about how many troops in Afghanistan are optimal. Now if a guy is just saying it to be a hack that's one thing. You think Republicans are just going to say we should pull out of Afghanistan? Hell, not that this board is a scientific sample or anything but I haven't seen one person on the right state we should leave Afghanistan while there have been several on the left that believe we should leave now.

You are obviously entitled to your opinion I just think it happens to be way off.

evince
08-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Good to be back talking to you all.

Don Quixote
08-23-2009, 06:29 PM

I wish we could leave but Bush screwed it up but good by ignoring the true threat in the area to go after the money maker for him and his cronies.

if bush had kept his promise to subsidize agriculture, there would not be so many poppy fields

:clink:

evince
08-23-2009, 06:32 PM
If we had beaten down the Taliban and then created schools , dug wells, taught them the best crops and farming technics for their area they would love us and NOT fear the Taliban.

Don Quixote
08-23-2009, 06:35 PM
You can make legitimate arguments about how many troops in Afghanistan are optimal. Now if a guy is just saying it to be a hack that's one thing. You think Republicans are just going to say we should pull out of Afghanistan? Hell, not that this board is a scientific sample or anything but I haven't seen one person on the right state we should leave Afghanistan while there have been several on the left that believe we should leave now.

You are obviously entitled to your opinion I just think it happens to be way off.

i do not put anything past the reps at this point, but as you say it is my thought on the subject, time will tell

ps the general in charge is thought to be going to ask for 25,000 more troops...or more and the europeans have only promised their troops until after the current election:eek:

Minister of Truth
08-23-2009, 07:04 PM

Hey, welcome back!! Remember to tell Grind that you're not dead.

:clink:

evince
08-23-2009, 07:05 PM
Wont that ruin his summer?

Minister of Truth
08-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Wont that ruin his summer?

I hope not. He's been gay enough without you sending him further over the edge.

Don Quixote
08-23-2009, 07:53 PM

good to have you back

Damocles
08-23-2009, 08:27 PM

Which was the argument of many in Iraq as the other side predicted total loss, no solution, and said that we had already failed.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Which was the argument of many in Iraq as the other side predicted total loss, no solution, and said that we had already failed.

exactly what i was going to say....obama called for us to leave iraq in 07'....i recall some other dems supporting that as well....in fact, it wouldn't surprise me if evince made such a comment....

i find it intriguing how she is for continued military action there in part because of a nuclear pakistan....

Mott the Hoople
08-23-2009, 08:54 PM

I have a bit of difficulty grasping "Republican logic".It's easy to understand Republican logic. Draw a circle on the ground. Now walk along that circle until you find the end.

Don Quixote
08-23-2009, 09:45 PM
It's easy to understand Republican logic. Draw a circle on the ground. Now walk along that circle until you find the end.

that is mr hoople head to you al

Cancel 2018. 3
08-23-2009, 09:51 PM
It's easy to understand Republican logic. Draw a circle on the ground. Now walk along that circle until you find the end.

please show me where usc is right about this....who said it and when:

Damocles
08-23-2009, 09:57 PM
I do not believe that the R party will ever be against the war in Afghanistan, they'll simply point out every perceived flaw in the implementation of the war in Afghanistan.

Don Quixote
08-23-2009, 10:03 PM
I do not believe that the R party will ever be against the war in Afghanistan, they'll simply point out every perceived flaw in the implementation of the war in Afghanistan.

likely, but i think that some will be against it, mccain already is

still bagging on bho's handling of it is their best option...while 'supporting' the troops

Cancel 2018. 3
08-23-2009, 10:04 PM

still bagging on bho's handling of it is their best option...while 'supporting' the troops

i just read mccain wants more troops there

cawacko
08-23-2009, 10:12 PM

i'm just curious, where did you read that McCain is against the Afghanistan war? Is there an article you can link to?

Don Quixote
08-23-2009, 10:24 PM
i'm just curious, where did you read that McCain is against the Afghanistan war? Is there an article you can link to?

sorry no, i caught it on cnn

personally, i think we blew it by having too few troops and not enough advisers helping the farmers regain their usual crops

afghanistan used to export food!

the war lords depend on the opium trade and are being bought off to help maintain the peace

i think we need over 50,000 more troops ASAP...like take them from iraq and tell iraq to stick it, or get off the stick

cawacko
08-23-2009, 10:29 PM
sorry no, i caught it on cnn

personally, i think we blew it by having too few troops and not enough advisers helping the farmers regain their usual crops

afghanistan used to export food!

the war lords depend on the opium trade and are being bought off to help maintain the peace

i think we need over 50,000 more troops ASAP...like take them from iraq and tell iraq to stick it, or get off the stick

i just tried to google mccain against war in Afghanistan and no article comes up stating that. If John McCain came out and said 'I am against the war in Afghanistan and I think we need to bring our troops home immediately' I think that would definitely make the headlines. I read where he thought we needed more troops but that hardly seems like being against the war to me.

Don Quixote
08-23-2009, 10:55 PM
i just tried to google mccain against war in Afghanistan and no article comes up stating that. If John McCain came out and said 'I am against the war in Afghanistan and I think we need to bring our troops home immediately' I think that would definitely make the headlines. I read where he thought we needed more troops but that hardly seems like being against the war to me.

since this was a few weeks ago, either i am wrong or he changed his position

maybe it was serious criticism of the war

my main thought is that the reps will do their best to snipe at bho's handling of the war both in iraq and afghanistan

uscitizen
08-23-2009, 11:07 PM
McCain changed his stance in July.
He was for the war, then against it and now he is for it again.

cawacko
08-23-2009, 11:12 PM
since this was a few weeks ago, either i am wrong or he changed his position

maybe it was serious criticism of the war

my main thought is that the reps will do their best to snipe at bho's handling of the war both in iraq and afghanistan

Fair enough. Like I said you would think if McCain switched his position to being against the Afghanistan War there would be a record of it somewhere as it would be a pretty big deal if he did. Since citizen seems to agree with you maybe he can show something where McCain switched.

Don Quixote
08-24-2009, 12:51 AM
Fair enough. Like I said you would think if McCain switched his position to being against the Afghanistan War there would be a record of it somewhere as it would be a pretty big deal if he did. Since citizen seems to agree with you maybe he can show something where McCain switched.

i watch too much tv

who knows who will be for or against what next year

USFREEDOM911
08-24-2009, 01:01 AM

Don, you know as well as I do; that everyone and anyone will write a book, if it means making the green.

It doesn't matter if everything is innuendo and supposition; because even negative plublicity, is publicity

Don Quixote
08-24-2009, 02:54 AM
Don, you know as well as I do; that everyone and anyone will write a book, if it means making the green.

It doesn't matter if everything is innuendo and supposition; because even negative plublicity, is publicity

sad but all too true

Don Quixote
09-03-2009, 07:50 PM
DID YOU CATCH GEORGE WILL'S COMMENT ON AFGHANISTAN?

Minister of Truth
09-03-2009, 10:06 PM
DID YOU CATCH GEORGE WILL'S COMMENT ON AFGHANISTAN?

Yeah, someone linked it here a couple of days ago. I don't usually view Will as a hack, but he sure seemed like one with that article.

Jarod
09-01-2021, 02:17 PM

Hahahahaha.....1

Damocles
09-01-2021, 04:23 PM
Hahahahaha.....1

Was my prediction correct? Seems like it.

Thankfully I am not the republican party. I can be right when I criticize them for nation building wars and I can still also be right when I criticize folks that say that this was a "great success" because there were more panicked escapes "than ever before" after Biden set the frikin' country on fire. That some were so desperate to escape this poop fire started by this pResident that they fell to their deaths after they tried to grip onto the outside of the airplanes as they made their panicked escape from the catastrophe.

Jarod
09-01-2021, 06:08 PM
Was my prediction correct? Seems like it.

Thankfully I am not the republican party. I can be right when I criticize them for nation building wars and I can still also be right when I criticize folks that say that this was a "great success" because there were more panicked escapes "than ever before" after Biden set the frikin' country on fire. That some were so desperate to escape this poop fire started by this pResident that they fell to their deaths after they tried to grip onto the outside of the airplanes as they made their panicked escape from the catastrophe.

Your prediction was wrong during the Trump years when THEY were against the war. Now it seems they have returned to being for it.

cawacko
09-01-2021, 07:40 PM
Your prediction was wrong during the Trump years when THEY were against the war. Now it seems they have returned to being for it.

So you do know how to use the search function but somehow still can’t find any posts showing you were against the war from the start.

But based on what DQ wrote, seems you would be pro-GOP and anti-Obama right? Because your (cough) position was based on principle and not who was in office?

Minister of Truth
09-02-2021, 12:07 AM
It's hard to imagine any task being handled more incompetently than this "withdrawal" of Quid's. It's basically a freebie as regards the OP. Anyone with a modicum of sentience understands how stupid this has been.

cawacko
09-02-2021, 07:51 AM
It's hard to imagine any task being handled more incompetently than this "withdrawal" of Quid's. It's basically a freebie as regards the OP. Anyone with a modicum of sentience understands how stupid this has been.

Remind me, you posted on the Rate Bush Board right? I know you're a young buck but I can't remember if you were posting on the board when 9/11 hit (or were you still in school, haha).

Minister of Truth
09-06-2021, 07:54 PM
Remind me, you posted on the Rate Bush Board right? I know you're a young buck but I can't remember if you were posting on the board when 9/11 hit (or were you still in school, haha).

I was on Politics.Com, which was sold off, and SR created FP. I joined when I was a HS JR, but, 9/11 happened when I was a sophomore.

cawacko
09-08-2021, 12:33 PM
I was on Politics.Com, which was sold off, and SR created FP. I joined when I was a HS JR, but, 9/11 happened when I was a sophomore.

Getting old sucks because you can't remember anything. What board did we meet on? Was it JPP or something that morphed into JPP? Was the whole Trinity thing on JPP or a prior board? I was on the AOL Rate Bush Board. I think people like Darla and others were there who eventually came here (I believe). Unless there was a board between Rate Bush and JPP?

Phantasmal
09-08-2021, 12:46 PM
Test

AProudLefty
09-08-2021, 01:14 PM
Test

AProudLefty
09-08-2021, 01:14 PM
Test

YAY!

AProudLefty
09-08-2021, 01:22 PM

Yoohoo try again.

Doc Dutch
09-10-2021, 07:39 PM
Test

Test complete.

Minister of Truth
09-14-2021, 04:02 PM
Getting old sucks because you can't remember anything. What board did we meet on? Was it JPP or something that morphed into JPP? Was the whole Trinity thing on JPP or a prior board? I was on the AOL Rate Bush Board. I think people like Darla and others were there who eventually came here (I believe). Unless there was a board between Rate Bush and JPP?

You know, I can't remember if you were on FullPolitics.Com or this site. If you were at FP, you will remember the epic meltdown of the site, so, you probably came directly here from AOL.