PDA

View Full Version : Tiebreak votes for JPP awards (READ POST BEFORE VOTING)

BRUTALITOPS
08-21-2009, 05:20 PM
1.) Only vote once per category. HEAR THAT ASSHOLES? ONCE PER CATEGORY.
2.) Votes for yourself wont be counted
3.) If you voted a different way the first time, you can change your vote.

All other categories have been tabulated and have clear winners. I am awaiting these three to announce the super awesome winners.

That is all.

ib1yysguy
08-21-2009, 05:33 PM
I demand you withdraw Damo from the most respectable category.

PostmodernProphet
08-21-2009, 06:11 PM
lol....Mottley as best debater?....you have got to be kidding me.....

Minister of Truth
08-21-2009, 06:39 PM
I would have voted Damo for Respectable, but since I was already voting him for Master Debater, I felt like giving the vote to Adam because he's cool and I respect him, and because he's Jewish, and so I have to prove to Asshate that us Noahides will triumph in the end as we blindly follow the Jewish overlords into oblivion.

Damo, if you lose both categories on this, you know who to mail the anthrax to. Just send it with my next order of coke...

Mott the Hoople
08-21-2009, 06:59 PM
lol....Mottley as best debater?....you have got to be kidding me.....Actually PiMP, if your willing to listen to some constructive criticism, you're not as good at debate as you think you are. You seem to think debate is synonymous with argument (i.e. he who gets last word wins). That is not the case. You're arguments tend to lack a strong contextual framework, that makes you less clear. You lack objectivity on many of the arguments you make which is not necessarily a bad thing in debate but it kills you when it inhibits your ability to properly provide facts to support your point. In addition you use logic poorly, as I've pointed out many times, which makes your reasoning quite confusing to your audience. This in turn badly impacts your rhetorical skills which are needed to persuade others.

Damo and Adam, for example, are both quite skilled at laying out a contextual framework for their debates which, in turn, makes their rhetoric in debate very persuasive and convincing. You should study their style and learn from them. I have.

PostmodernProphet
08-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Actually PiMP, if your willing to listen to some constructive criticism, you're not as good at debate as you think you are. You seem to think debate is synonymous with argument (i.e. he who gets last word wins). That is not the case. You're arguments tend to lack a contextual framework, that makes you less clear. You lack objectivity on many of the arguments you make which is not necessarily a bad thing in debate but it kills you when it inhibits your ability to properly provide facts to support your point. In addition you use logic poorly, as I've pointed out many times, which makes your reasoning quite confusing to your audience. This in turn badly impacts your rhetorical skills which are needed to persuade others.

Damo and Adam, for example, are both quite skilled at laying out a contextual framework for their debates which, in turn, makes their rhetoric in debate very persuasive and convincing. You should study their style and learn from them. I have.

sorry, Mottley....I don't accept criticism about my debating skills from someone who has run away from every debate I engaged him in.....calling you the most skilled debater is like saying Barney Frank is the best president the US ever had......

Damocles
08-21-2009, 07:09 PM
I would have voted Damo for Respectable, but since I was already voting him for Master Debater, I felt like giving the vote to Adam because he's cool and I respect him, and because he's Jewish, and so I have to prove to Asshate that us Noahides will triumph in the end as we blindly follow the Jewish overlords into oblivion.

Damo, if you lose both categories on this, you know who to mail the anthrax to. Just send it with my next order of coke...
If I lose them both I will just pretend not to care while I sit at home and cry, promising revenge that will never come, nursing a quiet burning hatred for polls on the interwebs..

Norman Paperman
08-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Not to worry, the whole thing is rigged.

Minister of Truth
08-21-2009, 07:17 PM
If I lose them both I will just pretend not to care while I sit at home and cry, promising revenge that will never come, nursing a quiet burning hatred for polls on the interwebs..

We can grab some alcohol, get online at the same time, go to the thread where Grind promised drunken posts but failed to deliver, and then just let unload.

Will Grind count my troll voting, do you think?

Mott the Hoople
08-21-2009, 07:17 PM
sorry, Mottley....I don't accept criticism about my debating skills from someone who has run away from every debate I engaged him in.....calling you the most skilled debater is like saying Barney Frank is the best president the US ever had......Again, you're demonstrating a poor concept of what debate is. I make my points not to persuade you but the audience who read my posts. Endlessly arguing with someone who is going around in circles is not debate. Not commenting on someone that is chasing their tail is hardly running away. When you and I debate you do not determine who wins or loses that debate. Nor do I. The audience does.

Mott the Hoople
08-21-2009, 07:18 PM
If I lose them both I will just pretend not to care while I sit at home and cry, promising revenge that will never come, nursing a quiet burning hatred for polls on the interwebs..Couldn't we just do some beer bongs instead? I'll buy the first round!! :clink:

Minister of Truth
08-21-2009, 07:21 PM
On second thought, Damo, I don't want to out my troll. Someday I'll have to come up with a clever sthick for it, because I have been mostly disappointed by it...

Marquee was the only funny troll I ever made-up, and I have co-opted its humor into my regular account, so that's about it...

PostmodernProphet
08-21-2009, 07:24 PM
I make my points not to persuade you but the audience who read my posts.

you don't make points....all of your arguments since I arrived can be summarized succinctly as "I don't need to talk to you, since I don't think you would understand"....and "I want to talk about something else, so I'm going to ignore everything you say".........where I come from debate involves responding to what a person says and countering it......

Minister of Truth
08-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Oh, and thank God Watermark is beating Ib1. Grind, you and I would seriously have to commit ritualistic suicide if our red-headed bloke lost out to the likes of that idiot.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Not to worry, the whole thing is rigged.

http://scoutslides.com/store/images/large/Acorn_large.jpg

Norman Paperman
08-21-2009, 07:37 PM
http://scoutslides.com/store/images/large/Acorn_large.jpg

Exactly! Is your name among the original nominations? No! Mine? No! At the very least, I know I would want to meet me!

Cancel 2018. 3
08-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Exactly! Is your name among the original nominations? No! Mine? No! At the very least, I know I would want to meet me!

i feel so totally unrepresented, so alone, so alien.....so obama

Cancel 2018. 3
08-21-2009, 07:41 PM
a vote for watermark is a vote for killing puppies

http://cdn-write.demandstudios.com/upload//5000/100/50/1/25151.jpg

Minister of Truth
08-21-2009, 07:49 PM
a vote for watermark is a vote for killing puppies

http://cdn-write.demandstudios.com/upload//5000/100/50/1/25151.jpg

DIE PUPPIEZ DIE!!!!

:orang:

Minister of Truth
08-21-2009, 07:52 PM
WTF??? Grind and Watermark, why did you guys vote against yourselves? There is more than you guys at stake - the integrity of this site is at stake with candidates like Ib1 and Dixie on the list. You two had a duty to vote for yourselves, and you shirked it!!!

:321:

Damocles
08-21-2009, 07:56 PM
We can grab some alcohol, get online at the same time, go to the thread where Grind promised drunken posts but failed to deliver, and then just let unload.

Will Grind count my troll voting, do you think?

Couldn't we just do some beer bongs instead? I'll buy the first round!! :clink:

Beer is always good to help people temporarily forget their burning hatred for interwebs polls.

Mott the Hoople
08-21-2009, 07:58 PM
you don't make points....all of your arguments since I arrived can be summarized succinctly as "I don't need to talk to you, since I don't think you would understand"....and "I want to talk about something else, so I'm going to ignore everything you say".........where I come from debate involves responding to what a person says and countering it......That could be true or it could be that you convienantly ignore others points. In other words, to make a telling point, I'm not persuaded. :pke:

Mott the Hoople
08-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Are you buying the first round? :clink:

Mott the Hoople
08-21-2009, 08:00 PM
WTF??? Grind and Watermark, why did you guys vote against yourselves? There is more than you guys at stake - the integrity of this site is at stake with candidates like Ib1 and Dixie on the list. You two had a duty to vote for yourselves, and you shirked it!!!

:321:Voting for ones self is poor form sport.

PostmodernProphet
08-21-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm not persuaded.

you're just not engaged.....failure to launch......

Mott the Hoople
08-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Beer is always good to help people temporarily forget their burning hatred for interwebs polls.See PiMP? See what I was telling you about setting a contextual framework? Damn your good Damo!! :)

PostmodernProphet
08-21-2009, 08:15 PM
I've just been disappointed, is all....I came here looking for debate.....folks claimed you were good at it.....I found your reputation over-rated.....

Cancel 2018. 3
08-21-2009, 08:17 PM
I've just been disappointed, is all....I came here looking for debate.....folks claimed you were good at it.....I found your reputation over-rated.....

^lol^

Norman Paperman
08-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Are you buying the first round? :clink:

Always...

Mott the Hoople
08-21-2009, 08:27 PM
I know how you feel. Kind of like your first blow job, right?

Mott the Hoople
08-21-2009, 08:28 PM
Always...
PARTY AT NORMS!!!

Norman Paperman
08-21-2009, 08:30 PM
PARTY AT NORMS!!!

One stipulation, no talking politics or religion. This way we can all just get along...

BRUTALITOPS
08-21-2009, 08:32 PM

1) votes for self don't count
2) I actually think dixie is the mvp, in terms of getting people riled and conversation flowing (which at the end of the day is what keeps this site alive)

3) winning without voting for yourself is extra badass

Cancel 2018. 3
08-21-2009, 08:33 PM
One stipulation, no talking politics or religion. This way we can all just get along...

dude.....i'm there....i can get obsidian stout at only one place here and only if it is in.....so let me ahead of time

Mott the Hoople
08-21-2009, 08:45 PM
or sports. Some wise ass will say something good about the Yankees and I'll have to slap him silly.

Norman Paperman
08-21-2009, 08:53 PM
dude.....i'm there....i can get obsidian stout at only one place here and only if it is in.....so let me ahead of time

Done.

or sports. Some wise ass will say something good about the Yankees and I'll have to slap him silly.

We could always talk Michigan State Football... :whome:

FUCK THE POLICE
08-21-2009, 08:54 PM

Me and IB1 had an agreement that we'd each vote for each other. Most of the other people in the pole just didn't vote if they were in the race.

FUCK THE POLICE
Voting for ones self is poor form sport.

And it's not even allowed in this poll; it's public so grind would disregard it.

Cancel5

I can do that, I will just act like I am at my family reunion.

BRUTALITOPS
08-21-2009, 09:27 PM
uscitizen i'm not counting your troll O_O

Cancel 2018. 3
08-21-2009, 09:36 PM
And it's not even allowed in this poll; it's public so grind would disregard it.

you really are a whiner....

you intrigue me how serious you take some things....yet don't take calling for the death of people serious.....yet you take grinds polls very serious....so much that you voice numerous objections.....but wanting people murdered.....nah, you love it and promote it and wish them death

uscitizen
08-21-2009, 10:01 PM
uscitizen i'm not counting your troll O_O

Darn! You did not say that before.

Well worth a try.
And it even voted for you.

Cancel 2018. 3
08-21-2009, 10:38 PM
how waterdeath beats ib1sometimessmart is beyond me......ib1 debates, for the most part, usually, with facts...waterdeath just jumps up and squirts:

DEATH TO ALL WHO DO NOT AGREE WITH ME

amazing how polls and votes work

ib1yysguy
08-22-2009, 12:37 AM
how waterdeath beats ib1sometimessmart is beyond me......ib1 debates, for the most part, usually, with facts...waterdeath just jumps up and squirts:

Yeah, it's bullshit. I'm definitely smarter than Watermark 90 percent of the time. I demand a runoff vote based on the obvious stupidness of Watermark winning with such a wide majority.

ib1yysguy
08-22-2009, 12:38 AM
In such a runoff vote, I also request that votes be weighted basted upon the credibility of the posters voting.

BRUTALITOPS
08-22-2009, 01:00 AM
man up and start bribing people with rep points ib1 O_O

ib1yysguy
08-22-2009, 02:06 AM

Do what you did before and rep me to about 100,000,000 so I have some rep points cred and I'll make it happen.

Mott the Hoople
08-22-2009, 05:28 AM
Me and IB1 had an agreement that we'd each vote for each other. Most of the other people in the pole just didn't vote if they were in the race.I compromised. I just didn't vote for the category for which I was nominated.

BRUTALITOPS
08-22-2009, 11:06 AM
btw right now thorn and adam are tied, due to uscitizen's troll voting. If there is a second tie I'm just going to use a random number generator, otherwise this will go on forever O_O

USFREEDOM911
08-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Do what you did before and rep me to about 100,000,000 so I have some rep points cred and I'll make it happen.

You've already proven that you will misuse any power you get, no matter how small it is.

You could try acting like less of an ass, instead of trying to buy votes; but then, you do tend to follow the dictates and behaviors of President Obama. :cof1:

FUCK THE POLICE
08-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Yeah, it's bullshit. I'm definitely smarter than Watermark 90 percent of the time. I demand a runoff vote based on the obvious stupidness of Watermark winning with such a wide majority.

:(

FUCK THE POLICE
08-22-2009, 02:34 PM
In such a runoff vote, I also request that votes be weighted basted upon the credibility of the posters voting.

If it were weighted based upon credibility I think I'd have an even wider margin of victory.

Cancel5
:(

I hate to see youngins fight!

FUCK THE POLICE

I haven't been bribing people with rep points.

Cancel5
08-22-2009, 02:35 PM
I haven't been bribing people with rep points.

Would you?

FUCK THE POLICE
08-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Would you?

I already gave you the max allowed for now.

BTW grind make it to where IB1 can't see this post.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-22-2009, 02:37 PM
To be fair IB1 dropped off the face of the earth for a while and so hasn't been as much of a part of this community.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-22-2009, 02:37 PM

I WANT HIS HEAD ON A PIKE

Cancel5
08-22-2009, 02:40 PM
To be fair IB1 dropped off the face of the earth for a while and so hasn't been as much of a part of this community.

I didn't even know he was a youngin!

Minister of Truth
08-22-2009, 05:34 PM
I compromised. I just didn't vote for the category for which I was nominated.

This is what I meant. Grind and Watermark both voted for their opponents, along with Damo for that matter.

If it were weighted based upon credibility I think I'd have an even wider margin of victory.

This.

Cancel5
08-22-2009, 05:35 PM
This is what I meant. Grind and Watermark both voted for their opponents, along with Damo for that matter.

This.
I want to change my vote, Damo is not being reasonable today!

Damocles
08-22-2009, 05:36 PM
I want to change my vote, Damo is not being reasonable today!
LOL. Too late.

Cancel5
08-22-2009, 05:37 PM
LOL. Too late.

Damn, okay I will negative rep you! Or keep my gift certificate, I want a waaaabulance!

Mott the Hoople
08-22-2009, 06:38 PM

This.Well now I feel bad that I didn't vote for Damo instead of obstaining.

Damocles
08-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Damn, okay I will negative rep you! Or keep my gift certificate, I want a waaaabulance!
I'm sure we can find a waaahmbulance somewhere around here, I'm going to need one while I nurse my newly found hatred of interwebs polls.

LadyT
08-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Most Respectable - Thorn hands down
Best Debater - Me.....i pwn hardcore
Best Youngin - Grind
Most Valuble Poster - Meme. Don't underestimate the importance of proving how dumb conservatives are.

BRUTALITOPS
08-22-2009, 07:59 PM
ladyt thinks im the best :)

BRUTALITOPS
08-22-2009, 08:01 PM
thorn and adam were tied due to demit (i.e. uscitizen) voting twice. Thus a random number generator decided the winner ... thorn.

LadyT
08-22-2009, 08:02 PM
thorn and adam were tied due to demit (i.e. uscitizen) voting twice. Thus a random number generator decided the winner ... thorn.

Nice. I approve of random number generator's decision.

Damocles
08-22-2009, 08:03 PM
So are we going to see a list of the full results?

BRUTALITOPS
08-22-2009, 08:07 PM
yup coming up.

LadyT
08-22-2009, 08:09 PM
So are we going to see a list of the full results?

^^^What he said^^

Hey! HOw many posts until we hit the 500k mark?

BRUTALITOPS
08-22-2009, 08:11 PM
about 2000 more to go on that ladyt.

Damocles
08-22-2009, 08:12 PM
I thought it would hit this weekend, but it looks more like Monday or Tuesday... It depends on how nuts y'all get tomorrow.

uscitizen
08-22-2009, 08:12 PM
damn I will have to miss sunday school to post that mant.

Cancel5
08-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Most Respectable - Thorn hands down
Best Debater - Me.....i pwn hardcore
Best Youngin - Grind
Most Valuble Poster - Meme. Don't underestimate the importance of proving how dumb conservatives are.

I missed a lot of the good old days.

LadyT
08-22-2009, 08:14 PM
damn I will have to miss sunday school to post that mant.

Somehow I doubt you were going to Sunday school anyway!:clink:

Cancel5
08-22-2009, 08:15 PM
about 2000 more to go on that ladyt.

Guess I should engage the "girls"

uscitizen
08-22-2009, 08:17 PM

I do drive past there on my way to the corner store to gossip though.
Occasionally I even think about what is going on in the building and smile as I pass.

Cancel5
08-22-2009, 08:22 PM

I just cruise the churches for sacramental wine.

LadyT
08-22-2009, 08:23 PM
I do drive past there on my way to the corner store to gossip though.
Occasionally I even think about what is going on in the building and smile as I pass.

hahaha, ok, well, that makes more sense.

uscitizen
08-22-2009, 08:27 PM
I just cruise the churches for sacramental wine.

The welch's grape juice is not bad. They are just too stingy with it.

Damocles
08-22-2009, 08:28 PM
The welch's grape juice is not bad. They are just too stingy with it.
I used to dip Jesus in the wine...

uscitizen
08-22-2009, 08:29 PM
I used to dip Jesus in the wine...

Man that is just sooo creepy...

LadyT
08-22-2009, 08:34 PM

I thought so too. Especially when Damo just PM'd me that Jesus is a male escort.

uscitizen
08-22-2009, 08:35 PM
I thought so too. Especially when Damo just PM'd me that Jesus is a male escort.

Jesus Gannon?

Cancel5
08-22-2009, 08:38 PM

They wouldn't let us, the body might get mooshie.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-23-2009, 08:30 AM
This may not have been such a landslide if it were grind and me.