PDA

View Full Version : APP - Linehan attacks American 'lies' over NHS

cancel2 2022
08-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Graham Linehan (http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/politics/international_politics/linehan+attacks+american+aposliesapos+over+nhs/3308762) on the manic nature of the healthcare debate in the US.

meme
08-15-2009, 12:53 PM
call him a wambulance...we are still a Free country, they don't like it, leave.

cancel2 2022
08-15-2009, 03:26 PM
call him a wambulance...we are still a Free country, they don't like it, leave.

Do you ever wonder why people think that you are a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic? Graham Linehan is Irish and he lives in London. Also if it's a free country why should anybody need to leave for voicing a different opinion to the rabid dogs of the right?

meme
08-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Do you ever wonder why people think that you are a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic? Graham Linehan is Irish and he lives in London. Also if it's a free country why should anybody need to leave for voicing a different opinion to the rabid dogs of the right?

oh well, I won't click on a link without any info, so I mighta jumped the gun on that one...and why should we have someone from another country chiming in on our health care debate, anyway
and you are a light bulb short of a 4pack, so we are even

cancel2 2022
08-15-2009, 03:44 PM
oh well, I won't click on a link without any info, so I mighta jumped the gun on that one...and why should we have someone from another country chiming in on our health care debate, anyway

So by the same token, why should ill informed right wing Americans feel that they can criticise the NHS with impunity?

Cancel5
08-15-2009, 03:46 PM

It is a polly want a cracker answer that we have come to expect from certain factions of our country. Just say, yeah, yeah, and close the door to the padded cell!

cancel2 2022

If you never click on a link without any info, as you term it, how do ever navigate the internet at all?

Cancel5
So by the same token, why should ill informed right wing Americans feel that they can criticise the NHS with impunity?

Amen, brother! Good thing they only pass the gene between family members!

meme
08-15-2009, 03:48 PM

Look, we all hear the horror stories of their health care, we put up a video of someone from there not long ago talking about it....so I don't know why you all are denying it..
we don't want our health care run by the Federal Government, how hard is that for you to understand..

cancel2 2022
08-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Amen, brother! Good thing they only pass the gene between family members!

Well they need to produce the next generation of village idiots.

Cancel5
08-15-2009, 03:52 PM
Well they need to produce the next generation of village idiots.

It looks as though this is what some of our "leaders" have been doing, eugenics in America, don't believe it, I didn't either, but it is true!

meme
08-15-2009, 03:53 PM
If you never click on a link without any info, as you term it, how do ever navigate the internet at all?

I won't go to a site I don't have information on, what the hell is so hard to figure out about that..

Fish
08-15-2009, 04:12 PM
I won't go to a site I don't have information on, what the hell is so hard to figure out about that..

:) I'm curious how you started using the Internet at all.

Cancel5
08-15-2009, 04:13 PM

She can't afford a free site advisor?

meme
08-15-2009, 04:15 PM

I'm curious why you're curious and why you should care..I don't care about anything you do..

Cancel5
08-15-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm curious why you're curious and why you should care..I don't care about anything you do..

Wow, do they put you guys out on a conveyor belt? Manufacture you are some Right Wing Connie plant? Do you pull the string and you all say the same thing?

Just curious, this does sound like soundbites from the dark side!

Fish
08-15-2009, 04:19 PM

Because I've stated numerous times that you are my favorite poster on JPP!

meme
08-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Wow, do they put you guys out on a conveyor belt? Manufacture you are some Right Wing Connie plant? Do you pull the string and you all say the same thing?

Just curious, this does sound like soundbites from the dark side!

this post made about as much sense as you usual do...none

cancel2 2022
08-15-2009, 04:22 PM

Because it is totally illogical, you would never surf anywhere if you needed to know what a link contained before you clicked on it. If you are that worried about risky websites then you should use Firefox and the WOT addon which lets you know in advance about websites that are malicious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WOT:_Web_of_Trust

Cancel5
08-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Because it is totally illogical, you would never surf anywhere if you needed to know what a link contained before you clicked on it. If you are that worried about risky websites then you should use Firefox and the WOT addon which lets you know in advance about websites that are malicious.

It's so easy!

cancel2 2022
08-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Because I've stated numerous times that you are my favorite poster on JPP!

She is certainly entertaining, stupid but entertaining.

cancel2 2022
08-15-2009, 04:25 PM
It's so easy!

I bet she is still using Internet Explorer 6

Cancel5
08-15-2009, 04:25 PM
She is certainly entertaining, stupid but entertaining.

Oh, I thought Fish was talking to me! Oh@##$$@@$%@#$@#$@, I am so sad!

cancel2 2022
08-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Oh, I thought Fish was talking to me! Oh@##$$@@$%@#$@#$@, I am so sad!

I thought she was talking about Meme, I would never call you stupid but you know that anyway :cof1:

meme
08-15-2009, 04:28 PM

I don't need to go through the web that much as I mainly use it for news sites and a few boards I belong on...

I will look into your suggestion though, thanks..
I have been thinking of going with Firefox..I just haven't been able to make the change just yet.
and just how much fun is for you all to call people stupid just for the kind of computer they use...such snobs and mockers

Cancel5
08-15-2009, 04:30 PM
I don't need to go through the web that much as I mainly use it for news sites and a few boards I belong on...

I have been thinking of going with Firefox..I just haven't been able to make the change just yet.

It really is a great engine, Tom has helped me with a lot of wonderful programs!

Thanks again, mate!

Cancel5
08-15-2009, 04:31 PM
I thought she was talking about Meme, I would never call you stupid but you know that anyway :cof1:

Absolutely, if you did, I would have to do some serious soul searching!

cancel2 2022
08-15-2009, 04:40 PM

and just how much fun is for you all to call people stupid just for the kind of computer they use...such snobs and mockers

OK fair enough, I will withdraw the stupid comment, Firefox is the best there is and it has so many add-ons it is just amazing.

meme
08-15-2009, 04:46 PM
OK fair enough, I will withdraw the stupid comment, Firefox is the best there is and it has so many add-ons it is just amazing.

thanks, a few others have told me to go with firefox and now you, so I will look into it..

cancel2 2022
08-15-2009, 04:59 PM
thanks, a few others have told me to go with firefox and now you, so I will look into it..

You can download it here.

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/

egordon0315
08-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Tom recommended Firefox to me and then, when I went to another university, the IT people recommended it also. There is something about Microsoft products that malicious people like to attack.

I stay away from Microsoft as much as I can (which, frankly, isn't much. Such a monopoly!)

You can download it here.

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/

cancel2 2022
08-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Tom recommended Firefox to me and then, when I went to another university, the IT people recommended it also. There is something about Microsoft products that malicious people like to attack.

I stay away from Microsoft as much as I can (which, frankly, isn't much. Such a monopoly!)

Internet Explorer 8 is an improvement but it's still not a patch on Firefox, Opera or Google Chrome.

cancel2 2022
08-15-2009, 05:29 PM

If you really want to get away from Microshaft then I recommend Kubuntu Linux (http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu), if you can't wean yourself off Windows then there is ReactOS (http://www.reactos.org/en/index.html) which is still alpha but will be going to beta very soon.